The official MARCH 2010 thread! How are you? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 142 Old 06-23-2010, 03:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi ladies! So here's what's been happening with us. My little Nora is SOOO sweet. She is such a "good" baby. I:ve never had a baby sleep more than 2 hrs and she routinely goes 6! I actually don't feel tired. it is so weird! LOL

We ran into a rough patch when she got a cold , ear infection, followed by stomach virus. So during her 2nd month of life she only gained 8 oz! She has m ild reflux which makes her not the best nurser- she needs to be coaxed -so now her weight gain is getting on track but it is on the low end of normal. In addition she has consistently mucuosy poop so I have embarked on a ED (elimination diet) So far- I see NO CHANGE. Ugh. An interesting thing, I started feeling anxious before she got the ear infection and it was unrelenting. I even called my midwife because I started worrying about PPD. Well- now I think it was instinct. I knew something was up.

It is sometimes tough with the 3 kids but I am balancing things pretty good I think.

How are all of you?
#2 of 142 Old 06-23-2010, 03:46 PM

Doing well over here, too... DD also has mild reflux so we're dealing with that--LOTS of spitting up, GI distress, etc. but it could be worse. And she's also a good sleeper, so I'm totally thankful for that. I feel like I can handle most stuff as long as I get some sleep!

I recently went back to work part time, and we start part time day care next month, and I'm feeling *stressed* about it. It's hard enough to leave her with my husband or in-laws all day, but to drop her off at daycare? Yeesh. Not looking forward to it at ALL.

How's everyone else??
#3 of 142 Old 06-23-2010, 04:02 PM

Doing well over here, too... DD also has mild reflux so we're dealing with that--LOTS of spitting up, GI distress, etc. but it could be worse. And she's also a good sleeper, so I'm totally thankful for that. I feel like I can handle most stuff as long as I get some sleep!

I recently went back to work part time, and we start part time day care next month, and I'm feeling *stressed* about it. It's hard enough to leave her with my husband or in-laws all day, but to drop her off at daycare? Yeesh. Not looking forward to it at ALL.

How's everyone else??
#4 of 142 Old 06-24-2010, 09:53 AM - Thread Starter

Good luck with day care- I hope it goes ok! I would be stressed too.
#5 of 142 Old 06-25-2010, 11:32 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Well...I do NOT have a great sleeper, though I'm not complaining much at this point, because I know things could be worse. Ari doesn't sleep at all without me - which is getting complaints from DH. Naps are usually in the rocking chair, which has its pros and cons. DS is not getting enough attention from me, but I'm not sure what I can do about it. If I put DD down, she wakes up. And I can't wear her all the time - not that she'd like it anyway.

Nursing is going well. Crankiness (she had colic) is improving. She's a demanding, particular baby (hold me like this!!) but overall, everything is getting better. And nighttime sleep isn't bad for this age...though I do envy the moms getting five or six hours at a stretch.

Mama to Marcus (1/05) and Arianna (3/10). hbac.gif

#6 of 142 Old 06-25-2010, 07:27 PM

Hi everyone!
I'm loving motherhood! DD is my 1st and probably last and we are having a blast. DD is 3/12 months now.

Every week I'm getting to know her more and visa versa I'm sure.
She's a good sleeper and eater for the most part. We don't have a schedule or anything. She eats and sleeps when she's ready. Sometimes if she's up pretty late still trying to party, DH or I will try and settle her down by getting ready for bed and rocking.

Breastfeeding is going good. I love it and sometimes think of the beginning days when we had so many issues. Now, its gravy. She eats alot less now. The morning and late night feeding is usually the longest.

Daycare- we finally found one we are comfortable with. She only has to go for 2 1/2 hours twice a week, but even that's too much for me. I so wish that I could WAH.
I think she must have picked up a bug from someone there. She's currently sick. It's not too bad, but I hope it clears up real soon.
This is the part of motherhood that tears me apart. Seeing my DD sick or unhappy kills me. How do you Mama's do it? How do you live your life with your heart outside of your body without being a worried mess all the time?

Lovin my sweet babygirl 3-17-10love.gif and expecting another in March! love.gif

#7 of 142 Old 06-25-2010, 08:25 PM

We're doing great. Evie's asleep in my lap right now, waiting to meet Daddy for Korean food. (Big sister is spending the night at my mom's.) She's been sleeping really well from the beginning. Wakes up once around 4:30 and I nurse her and move her from the co-sleeper to my bed. (Seriously, don't ask me how I get her to sleep that well because I have no idea!)

We got her first pictures done today, along with DD1's 5YO pictures. I can't wait until they come back!

All my fellow teachers are done for the year, which means my back-to-work countdown has really begun. I keep forgetting to call the women I'm going to interview about watching her in the fall. I think it's totally subconscious avoidance.

Stacey teaching teens to read & write... Daddy plays ska, DD1 (7/05) loves trees & princesses, & DD2 (3/10) loves mommy-milk! Please get your kids tested for lead.
#8 of 142 Old 06-27-2010, 01:54 PM

And now the hair loss begins. I hope it isn't very much. :P

#9 of 142 Old 06-27-2010, 02:04 PM

Eden is the love of my life. She is 12 weeks now, and she is such a joyful babe. It's effortless to engage with her, smile and laugh, to speak Edenese (her favorite 'words' are "Agoora" "Ech-Ho" "Chiss")

She went through a month long period of sleeping through the night (5-8 hours at a time) but for the last 2 weeks she can only sleep for up to 3! What a change. My breasts are very happy now. *I* am still readjusting.

She is teething. Lots of drool, bubbles, and finger gnawing. A little white spot is appearing where her bottom two will go. So far, the pain is not bad.

I recently neglected to notice she was kicking herself towards the edge of the couch, and she fell, flat on her face. :*( It was the most horrific moment of my life. I watched it happen. I wasn't close enough to stop it. The image still feels like a punch in the stomach. I hate that I let it happen.

She is fine. She smiled at me ten minutes later.

That is how she has taught me forgiveness, and/or, the ability to have an experience, and move onto the next without mind-tripping, worrying, or living in the past. I only wish I could be so present.

First time mama to sweet *~....:: Eden Magnolia::....~*  4/3/10
#10 of 142 Old 06-27-2010, 02:11 PM - Thread Starter

Zannster- my hair just started dropping out too! I have alot of hair so hopefully I won't look too bald!
I don't think Nora is a great sleeper in relation to the average mainstream formula fed babe but to me she is!! It is all relative. I wear her for most naps although right now for some reason (knock on wood) she is sleeping alone.

Cocoanib-I am so glad to hear that nursing is going great!! Isn't it amazing to think you could have given up-so many people do! Now look how wonderful it is.
As far as the stress goes- UGH!! DOn't ask me! NOra has been sick twice already plus the mucus in the stool issue. I am a wreck about it. My boys were never sick but they didn't have older sibs bringing germs home from school.

Stacey- March is the best time to have a baby if you are a teacher. But I would be in denial about September too. DH is a HS English teacher too. He teaches summer school too (when I am not working- which I am not doing this summer for sure)
#11 of 142 Old 06-27-2010, 02:15 PM - Thread Starter

October- sorry missed your post!

I think every mom I know has had the baby fall once. Their skills sneak up on you!!

I agree about the being in the present. That's what I am trying to do to deal with the worry about Nora's gut. She is such a happy peaceful funny spirit. I don't want to waste any of this time just waiting for the next poop so I can be stressed!
#12 of 142 Old 06-27-2010, 02:26 PM

Hi ladies! I'm kind of straddling the February and March threads to see where we fit best, since Caroline came in February and it seems like a lot of the March babes were later in the month.

We're doing well though! Caroline had her 4-month check up on Friday...15 lbs 13 oz and 25.5". She's such a sweet chub! Dd1 was/is very much a stringbean, very tall and very slim. It's fun having a babe with rolls. Lots of drooling and finger chomping going on here, too, and she just mastered rolling back to belly yesterday!

I'm still losing lots of hair and AF just returned. With dd1, it was 13 months!

Rachel, mama to Lucy, born 9.9.07, and Caroline, born 2.25.10!
#13 of 142 Old 06-27-2010, 10:13 PM

Hi everyone. Its s good to read how everyone is doing. We have been blessed with a patient and understanding soul. Brighton has slept good and eaten really well from the start. We did have a few days learning curve with bf but I started side lying feeding him which has worked great for us.

He is 15 weeks today and at 13 weeks 4 days he was 17 lbs 3 oz and 26 inches. This. Is starting to give me a complex because he's been gaining steady from the start - he was 8lbs 2 oz at birth and has looked bigger than infants 2 and 3 months older than him from about a month on. He isn't too chuibby looking but definitely solid and well, big.

He is smiling and making noises with his smiles - chuckles grunts and squeals. Talking and sighing a lot and making the cutest sounds in the car. He lov es to be held but is fine to be propped up sitting or in a chair on his own. He isn't really sleeping much during the day anymore but I think that's because we make too much noise and move him around too much.

We feel so blessed to have him with us. I just wish I had more time to do the things I thought I'd be able to get to - or wear him while I do them but with his size and just being able to lift his head really well the past few weeks I haven't had much opportunity.

We hadn't planned on vaxing but curious on what you mamas are doing especially if you are selectively or delaying. I'm studying to see if anything can/will change my mind in favor of vaxing. Would love to hear what you all are doing.

We are starting signing with him now as he has been signing to us from the first week when he's hungry and tired and its a lot of fun.

What kind of games/reading or physical play are you all doing now?

Looking forward to seeing some photos too

radical homemaking/living, homesteading, organic gardening, open minded mama to two amazing little ones 3/2010 and 9/2011 and expecting #3!!!! 5/2013.

#14 of 142 Old 06-28-2010, 11:13 AM

We are doing great!
Ruben was 3 months last Friday. I'm not sure what he weighs but he was 15lbs at his 10wk visit so I figure at 13wks now he's packed on a few more. He is actually a pretty great sleeper. I mean, I think his limit is 4hrs straight without nursing but I consider that pretty darn good. He goes to bed around 6 or 7pm and and gets up around 5 or 6am. I'm still exhausted but I know it'll get easier eventually.

He has started really giggling, mostly when his dad tickles him. It is pretty wonderful to watch.

bubbagirl- we decided to do selective and delayed. The only thing he's gotten so far is DTap and he didn't have an reactions so we'll continue with that one. I've decided that I don't want him getting more than one at a time. I figure if he's going to react badly to more than one I don't want his body dealing with them at the same time. My family has a history of reactions to certain ones so we're just taking it easy. Fortunately, at the moment I'm a SAHM so he's not really in contact with many other people which makes me less concerned about it.

on the games and reading front- I read to him every day and he totally quiets down and gets into looking at the pictures. There is also a lot of dancing and singing involved in our day. He also gets really excited when I help him pull himself up from laying down.

and here is a shot of me and my boy

mama to two little men...3/25/2010 and 10/3/2013
#15 of 142 Old 06-28-2010, 01:17 PM

OK--I'm glad to know some other babies are only sleeping 3-4 hours at a time AND will only take naps in arms. Same here with Johnathon. He will wake right back up if I put him down for a nap. But, as I have read before, "babies don't keep," so I'll keep right on holding him! When and if I do put him down, he'll sleep for about 45 minutes by himself. If I hold him or sleep with him, we're looking at 2-3 hour naps.

He's doing great, though. He is such a happy baby. Smiling when he wakes up and just loves to laugh--the dogs are especially funny.

We've traveled overseas already to visit DH's family. He did great on the plane rides to and from, but then did not adjust to the home time zone as well. AND he got his first cold as soon as we got back. His sleeping was really messed up but now is getting much better.

Bubbagirl--Mine's a big boy, too. 17 pounds already at 14 weeks. DH is 6'4" and I was a HUGE baby, so I think he's just destined to be bigger. But, it's weird to see him as big as some 6 month old babies.

We did vax because of the international travel. It was to the UK so not a third world country or anything, but I felt better about it because of the plane and airports and just in a different country with international travelers overall.

Me(34); DH (33); Now a mommy to beautiful baby boy born 3/18/10
#16 of 142 Old 06-28-2010, 04:47 PM

Hi Everyone! I cried a little when I saw our ddc closed. This baby was a wonderful surprise and I just can't believe that he is already 3 months old!

Our JoJo is the most pleasant of babies. He smiles constantly and rarely cries. My only complaint is his sleep schedule, or lack of one. I am so lucky if I get 4 hrs straight, and most nights it is every two to three hrs. I do know that this will pass, and next year I will be missing this sweet baby age.
We are going to vax, though not until he is 4 months and then I like to spread them out and only give one at a time.
Sorry, gotta run. So nice to see a continuation here in life with a babe!

Wife to Joe and Mama to Rosie, 6/28/06, Jack, 10/25/08 and JoJo 3/18/10.
#17 of 142 Old 06-28-2010, 07:48 PM

Re: vaxing. We haven't gotten any. My 5 yo hasn't had any either. I feel as though I'm between a rock and a hard place. If I could have selectively vaxed, I probably would have, but I don't feel like that's an option. So for now, DD isn't getting any. I may change my mind later. I saw Dr Jay Gordon recommends waiting until 1-2 years, and that seems like a sensible option. But we'll see.

#18 of 142 Old 06-28-2010, 08:13 PM

We're non-vaxers here too.

I wish we were still getting 3-4 hours of sleep at a time! Dd1 was a terrible, TERRIBLE sleeper from 4 months until we nightweaned around 23 months (like every 1-2 hours all night, every night). Caroline has been somewhat better from the start but lately isn't doing so great, so I'm lucky to get one 2-3 hour stretch, then rest are 1-2. I wish we could stay in bed longer in the morning but dd1 won't sleep much past 7, unfortunately!

#19 of 142 Old 06-28-2010, 09:02 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
whoops I missed this. subbing

Jenna ~ mommy to Sophia Elise idea.gif  (1/06), Oliver Matthew  blahblah.gif (7/07) and Avery Michael fly-by-nursing1.gif(3/10)

dizzy.gif Wading slowly and nervously into this homeschooling thing.

#20 of 142 Old 06-28-2010, 09:29 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
We're no vax here, too.

Avery's growing and growing. He's moving out of the 3-6 month clothes already *sniff, sniff* So sad. He's supposed to be the last baby, but he's growing faster than either of the others did. WAH!

Jenna ~ mommy to Sophia Elise idea.gif  (1/06), Oliver Matthew  blahblah.gif (7/07) and Avery Michael fly-by-nursing1.gif(3/10)

dizzy.gif Wading slowly and nervously into this homeschooling thing.

#21 of 142 Old 06-28-2010, 09:34 PM

came over to start a thread, and we already have one!! Just subbing, hope to be back soon! Life is nutty round here w/ 3 kiddos. Great but nutty, and dirty too!

Me and Dh partners.gif, Dd1bouncy.gif  Dd2dust.gif,Ds1joy.gif, 2flowerkitty.gif, 2hamster.jpgand lots of goldfish.gif

#22 of 142 Old 06-28-2010, 09:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshwife08 View Post
OK--I'm glad to know some other babies are only sleeping 3-4 hours at a time AND will only take naps in arms. Same here with Johnathon. He will wake right back up if I put him down for a nap. But, as I have read before, "babies don't keep," so I'll keep right on holding him! When and if I do put him down, he'll sleep for about 45 minutes by himself. If I hold him or sleep with him, we're looking at 2-3 hour naps.

He's doing great, though. He is such a happy baby. Smiling when he wakes up and just loves to laugh--the dogs are especially funny.

We've traveled overseas already to visit DH's family. He did great on the plane rides to and from, but then did not adjust to the home time zone as well. AND he got his first cold as soon as we got back. His sleeping was really messed up but now is getting much better.

Bubbagirl--Mine's a big boy, too. 17 pounds already at 14 weeks. DH is 6'4" and I was a HUGE baby, so I think he's just destined to be bigger. But, it's weird to see him as big as some 6 month old babies.

We did vax because of the international travel. It was to the UK so not a third world country or anything, but I felt better about it because of the plane and airports and just in a different country with international travelers overall.
My first 2 boys nursed around the clock every 2 hrs. FOREVER!! I remember feeling serious jealousy when people would talk about getting 4 hrs!
#23 of 142 Old 06-29-2010, 12:22 AM

Deir, sometimes you just won't be able to find the cause for slimy looking poop in a baby. Scout's honor, it's true. Dr. Jack Newman says that if the baby's growing and healthy, it doesn't matter what the poop looks like (barring the obvious things like blood, white stools, etc.). Some babies just have slimy poop, according to him. There was also an article in a science magazine a while back, based on some study on the number of breastfed babies exhibiting mucus in stools. They considered it a form of allergic colitis, but said that as long as baby was healthy and growing, it had no clinical significance at all, and that if it was not possible to find the cause, parents should just ignore it.

I only say all that because I've gone down the ED road with this baby and still have no idea what makes her poops look weird. I did the TED with DD1, with the end result being that she developed a sensitivity to carrots, of all things, probably from eating so many of them because I was doing the TED. And I STILL never figured out what all of her issues were. I narrowed it down to several foods I couldn't eat, but her stools were still regularly abnormal - much, much improved, but that's it. (And now let the MDC allergy divas descend and tell me I'm killing my baby by not eliminating everything from watermelon to quinoa, but it ain't so. She's over 16 pounds at 3 months and healthy as a horse. She *is* fussy, but after tracking my diet, I can't seem to associate it with any particular food, no matter how long I eliminate different things, then add them back in. Nor does her poop improve, no matter what I eliminate.) I'm not saying all that to talk you out of the TED. I just would hate for someone else to be agonizing over it the way I did if it doesn't work as well as you hope.

So, speaking of fussy, everyone's saying how happy and easy their babies are. Who is still dealing with a fussy butt? My babe still fusses regularly. We have days where she's happy as a lark all day, then the next day she spends 75% of her waking hours fussing. (Now the allergy divas will *really* get me, because obviously her fussing must surely be due to my failure to eliminate everything but water and sweet potatoes. Sigh.) Seriously, though, it can be very frustrating some days. It just makes me want to cry (and to eat nothing at all, given that, despite my tough talk, I'm paranoid that everything I put in my mouth is making her feel bad).
#24 of 142 Old 06-29-2010, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plummeting View Post
(And now let the MDC allergy divas descend and tell me I'm killing my baby by not eliminating everything from watermelon to quinoa, but it ain't so. .... (Now the allergy divas will *really* get me, because obviously her fussing must surely be due to my failure to eliminate everything but water and sweet potatoes. Sigh.) Seriously, though, it can be very frustrating some days. It just makes me want to cry (and to eat nothing at all, given that, despite my tough talk, I'm paranoid that everything I put in my mouth is making her feel bad).
I'm sorry, this is so not a funny issue, but I'm LOLing at your allergy diva comments. Now that I've finally met other local moms with allergic kids, I try to not even visit MDC's allergies forum because it makes me feel like a terrible mother. Like...once my milk supply was essentially gone and dd1 was only nursing 1 min at a time twice a day, I started having dairy/egg again. And now with Caroline, I'm not quite dairy/egg free (though a local allergist said the only thing he recommends avoiding during subsequent pregnancy/nursing, in the absence of reactions, is peanuts). Sometimes I feel like she's not reacting to it at all, then give me one greenish or slightly mucusy poop and I'm analyzing every detail of what I've eaten.

That said, I'm SO thankful we didn't ever reach ED levels with dd1, even though I do feel bad that I didn't realize she was reacting to my diet earlier.

#25 of 142 Old 06-29-2010, 09:46 AM

nak, back to update.
we are doing so well, samuel is such a mellow baby, just cries when he is hungry or tired. he is really long, in 9 month clothes already, and probably about 16lbs if not more. he will be 4 months on july 4th.
he is rolling from his back to his front, and is giggling when you kiss his feet, which i love!!
last night he slept really well, from about 7 to 4, which he hasn't done since about 6 weeks old, so i actually feel really great this morning.
i am about to go grocery shopping though, with the older crazies, which will probably send me to the loony bin!

Me and Dh partners.gif, Dd1bouncy.gif  Dd2dust.gif,Ds1joy.gif, 2flowerkitty.gif, 2hamster.jpgand lots of goldfish.gif

#26 of 142 Old 06-29-2010, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishyfishie View Post
I'm sorry, this is so not a funny issue, but I'm LOLing at your allergy diva comments. Now that I've finally met other local moms with allergic kids, I try to not even visit MDC's allergies forum because it makes me feel like a terrible mother. Like...once my milk supply was essentially gone and dd1 was only nursing 1 min at a time twice a day, I started having dairy/egg again. And now with Caroline, I'm not quite dairy/egg free (though a local allergist said the only thing he recommends avoiding during subsequent pregnancy/nursing, in the absence of reactions, is peanuts). Sometimes I feel like she's not reacting to it at all, then give me one greenish or slightly mucusy poop and I'm analyzing every detail of what I've eaten.

That said, I'm SO thankful we didn't ever reach ED levels with dd1, even though I do feel bad that I didn't realize she was reacting to my diet earlier.
I understand what you mean about the allergy forum, although they do have tons of information. For instance, it's that forum that taught me that the reason DD1 probably reacted to carrots was because of the TED. May not have been, but it's highly likely - no one was talking about that kind of thing 6 years ago when I was doing the thing with DD1. I try not to go there either, though, because DD2 does have mucus stools all.the.time and I have been agonizing over what the heck is causing it and I can't figure it out.

I don't eat dairy or soy and eliminated wheat and corn for a couple weeks, then slowly added a tiny bit of wheat here and there. Nothing changed. I did without eggs for a couple weeks, no difference. Nuts for a couple weeks, no difference. Haven't had fish or shellfish in ages, no difference. At some point I have to just EAT and stop thinking about it. She's growing (very well, I might add), she's developing normally, she doesn't seem to have reflux, and her fussiness doesn't seem to coincide with any particular food. Plus, if DD1 is any indication, when this baby starts solids, her poop will become completely normal. I have no idea why that happened, but it did with DD1. By 1 year of age, DD1 could have everything but dairy and sunflower seed products, which made her reflux. Now she's 6 and she can even have some dairy now and then, in limited amounts.

How did you figure out what your DD1's specific problems were, without doing an ED? I'm very interested to know that, since maybe it could help me with DD2!
#27 of 142 Old 06-29-2010, 11:46 AM

Hi Everyone!

Life is good! I love having older kids who can share my excitement and awe when the baby does something new. It's even more exciting to see it through their eyes too. We did just start summer break though and going out with three kids can be a little wild!

K is doing great. She's growing and talking and just started rolling over. She's 3 mos today! She's getting pretty clear about signaling for EC, it's pretty cool.

I have been involved in calling about a bill to help the midwives (and families) of New York State. I know a few of us live in NY. If you do or have friends/family who do, perhaps you could spend a few mins (like 3) to give a call in support of this bill. It will make a huge difference for my midwife and many others. Here's more info: http://freeourmidwives.org/our-final-push-this-is-it/

Thanks!!
Amy

Amy, Mom to ds 2000, dd 2004 and newest dd 3/2010!
Breast Cancer Survivor since 2007
#28 of 142 Old 06-29-2010, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plummeting View Post
How did you figure out what your DD1's specific problems were, without doing an ED? I'm very interested to know that, since maybe it could help me with DD2!
Well...even though her allergies are pretty severe, her reactions via breastmilk were pretty subtle, so I only realized they were reactions in retrospect. I had cut back on dairy because I thought she was just sensitive to it when I had straight milk (bloody diaper rash that went away as quickly as it came), but at 11 months, she tipped over a bowl of milk from cereal. I wiped up her hands but didn't wash them with soap. She rubbed her eyes and immediately broke into big puffy hives. Her reaction to me having peanut butter every morning was what looked like a teething rash that lasted from 6-9 months. She got so many teeth during that time that we didn't really think about it--I had cut dairy so much that I didn't think that was it. She had the RAST test done at 11 months and skin testing done at 12 months showing egg, milk and peanut. The egg and peanut were a total surprise. After the diagnosis, we remembered other things, like at 3-4 months I dripped sour cream on her and it left a big welt, but we thought, "Skin contact milk allergy? No way, must have been some hot sauce in there." Oops.

She never had colic or reflux or growth issues at all. Dd2 only occasionally has green poop and it doesn't SEEM to be linked to my diet, but I'm not having anywhere near the amount of dairy I had with dd1--not drinking straight milk and only really having cheese when we eat out. I've had some ice cream recently and it didn't seem to affect her either, even when a drop accidentally fell on her leg (yes, I'm a sloppy eater apparently!). I'm hoping that bodes well for her but it's so scary to think about introducing solids without knowing. I mean, we obviously have Benadryl and Epi-pens on hand, but still! Our allergist said they don't routinely test siblings but our ped said she thought it would be smart to test first, so we'll see. I probably won't start solids at 6 months anyway, her next appointment with the ped is more like 6.5 months, so I might ask them to send us for a RAST before we start solids. The allergist doesn't really care about bloodwork, just skin testing, and dd1 isn't going back until next year...but at least that might give us some idea before we try anything. I figure we wouldn't really be giving her milk or eggs or any nuts anyway because of dd1, but I'd like to know so I don't keep eating it if it's hurting her immune system, you know?

#29 of 142 Old 06-29-2010, 11:57 AM

Oh, but on a happier note, here's Caroline!

Trying out exersaucer

Sleepy girl

Me and my girls

Enthralled by her big sister!

#30 of 142 Old 06-29-2010, 12:20 PM

Awww, I can't wait until we can break out the Jumperoo! I'm surprised at how big/old some of the babies look, because Ari doesn't seem quite like that yet. Of course, she came at the very end of March.

Re:fussiness. Yup, we have some, although it's getting much better. I thought at one time that maybe she had a dairy sensitivity like her brother...so I went off dairy, eggs and soy for about a month. Didn't help. We tried reflux medication. Didn't help. I do have a strong letdown, so I had to cope with that. But the end result from the pedi was "we don't know what's causing it - she just has colic".

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page