*December 2009 babies* - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 70 Old 07-01-2010, 01:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How are you enjoying summer with your little one?

It is finally summary here... we spent the day playing in the sun and water and grass.

hh2.gif  ~~~~~~~~~~hh2.gif

#2 of 70 Old 07-02-2010, 04:49 AM - Thread Starter

19 looks and no December babies out there?
Remember when it was and our babies were tiny? Now it is and our babies are BIG

#3 of 70 Old 07-02-2010, 08:57 AM

We are looking forward to swimming in the pool this weekend! My lil' one loves splashing in the water.

I do wish we could spend more time outside though...between the crazy southern heat we've had and all the mosquitos, I find myself limiting outside time.

But the boy loves it outside! If he starts fussing for any reason, just take him outside and voila! a happy baby!
#4 of 70 Old 07-02-2010, 11:09 AM

well hello fellow mamas of December babies! Yes my little guy is getting big! Some teeth are coming in & he's waaay excited about almost crawling and loves his big brother (huge smiles & belly laughs whenever my 3 yr old is around)....as for the summer, I'm back at work full-time now, so I relish the weekends when we hit the playgrounds & sprinkler parks with his big brother & daddy and this weekend we are going to do a picninc & enjoy the grass, which he'll probably try to eat.

btw has anyone else started semi-solids with their LO? I tried some mashed up bananas and boy did he LOVE them....I just can't remember what other foods I can try, my memory is just shot.....I made all my own food last time, but I can't remember what I made when he was just starting to taste things

anyway, i'm rambling...happy fourth everyone!

lady.gif Proud Mama of Lil "Big" Roc  banana.gifand Lil Roman superhero.gif 
#5 of 70 Old 07-02-2010, 12:35 PM

I've taken my little guy to the park a few times to try out the swings and he loved it! We've also been getting into the pool every so often and going out on long walks every day. The weather has been so wonderful and pleasant here -- not too hot yet, so I'm taking advantage of it while I can! Soon enough we will have to avoid being outside during much of the day.

Wife of R (08/2009), Mama of M (12/09), expecting Baby #2 (11/2012)

#6 of 70 Old 07-02-2010, 05:52 PM - Thread Starter

Good to hear everyone is getting outside! We're having a weird summer here, today it is rainy. It has been cool/wet for most of summer... we've had some nice days, though and we get out for those, for sure.

My little guy has been bear/cross crawling for several weeks now (4 weeks?). He started to crawl at 4 months, and loves pulling up on *everything*. He has been a very physically oriented little guy since birth, and continues to love to move. He hates lying on his back for diaper changes.

We haven't tried solids yet, but he is showing interest. So we might try some avocado or banana this weekend. I've let him taste melon and a cherry today, and he loves to like the juice.

I'd love to take him swimming, but hate the chlorine in our local pool. It is indoors, too, so the smell is just too much for me. But we'll go soon!

#7 of 70 Old 07-05-2010, 05:37 PM

My baby girl seems nowhere near crawling yet...is she the only one? She loves to sit up by herself and has never been a fan of tummy time...I really hope she doesn't skip the crawling stage, but I guess I've got a while before I start worrying about that...

We started baby-led weaning (love that book!) about three weeks ago and it seems to be going great. Dd is an expert food picker-upper and loves sitting at the table with us for dinner. The only food she's really not interested in so far is sweet potatoes, which I think is pretty funny. She doesn't really ingest much, mostly just plays, but I've seen little bits of zucchini in her diapers - exciting times!

I find that I'm pretty paranoid about taking her in the sun. She rips off her sunglasses immediately and I hate seeing her squint...I guess I need to get over it or it's going to be a long summer. We did buy her a little wading pool that she's been in in the yard a few times - fun!
#8 of 70 Old 07-05-2010, 05:40 PM

Lucy is doing great! I transitioned back to work (3 days/week) and that's going really well. She's loving her time with dad during the day.

She's a big baby (20 lbs at 6 months) and is enjoying solids in a big way. She's wanting to be mobile, but hasn't quite figured out crawling (though she's pulling up already and has been sitting well for a while).

She's a great sleeper and a very happy baby. This is such a fun age!
#9 of 70 Old 07-06-2010, 10:53 AM

My little guy isn't crawling yet, either. I am in no rush for him to start! He is sitting up well on his own and I love that I can plop him down and don't have to worry about chasing him around the room! Except when he rolls...

Wife of R (08/2009), Mama of M (12/09), expecting Baby #2 (11/2012)

#10 of 70 Old 07-07-2010, 08:42 PM - Thread Starter

No, most babies aren't crawling yet. My lo is just really physical and loves to move. He's been intent on crawling since birth and has always loved tummy time.

Today he enjoyed the mist from the spray-ground, crawling around on the grass, and the swings at the park.

yeah for summer!

#11 of 70 Old 07-08-2010, 03:49 PM

Well we're back in the UK again so summer was last week.

On the plus side I went to a bf group and met real girls with babies, in the flesh. The little guy was stroking the other girl's hair this morning, and then burped in her face. I think he has a bit to learn.

Tomorrow we might even go to a teddy bear's picnic.

Clare briefly mother for 3 weeks to Isabel 25-12-08, Soaking up every precious moment with my little guy Dec-10. My blog link is in my profile.

1********10**stork-suprise.gif ******20*********30*********40

#12 of 70 Old 07-09-2010, 04:13 AM

I wanted to say hi and join your group.

My son Patrick was born 12/12/09 6lbs 2oz 19 inches long.

I am a special education teacher. I have been using mothering on the special education board for a few months. I am just posting on this board for the 1st time.

I hope this is ok?
#13 of 70 Old 07-09-2010, 04:39 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazer6 View Post
Well we're back in the UK again so summer was last week.

On the plus side I went to a bf group and met real girls with babies, in the flesh. The little guy was stroking the other girl's hair this morning, and then burped in her face. I think he has a bit to learn.

Tomorrow we might even go to a teddy bear's picnic.
Ah, burping in the face is a good way to make a friend, eh? I find it so interesting how they are so fascinated with other little ones. My LO is entranced by his brothers, sister, and cousins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy2579 View Post

I am a special education teacher. I have been using mothering on the special education board for a few months. I am just posting on this board for the 1st time.

I hope this is ok?
hi Kathy! My little one shares a birthday with your Patrick. Welcome.

#14 of 70 Old 07-09-2010, 04:41 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennybear View Post
Lucy is doing great! I transitioned back to work (3 days/week) and that's going really well. She's loving her time with dad during the day.

She's a big baby (20 lbs at 6 months) and is enjoying solids in a big way. She's wanting to be mobile, but hasn't quite figured out crawling (though she's pulling up already and has been sitting well for a while).

She's a great sleeper and a very happy baby. This is such a fun age!
Ah, that is super cool that she gets to be with Daddy when you are working

This is such a wonderful age. I also love 1-2; its like it just gets better and better

#15 of 70 Old 07-09-2010, 04:43 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by luchadora13 View Post
We are looking forward to swimming in the pool this weekend! My lil' one loves splashing in the water.

I do wish we could spend more time outside though...between the crazy southern heat we've had and all the mosquitos, I find myself limiting outside time.

But the boy loves it outside! If he starts fussing for any reason, just take him outside and voila! a happy baby!
It is just really getting summery here, and omg, the friggin' mosquitos. Its bee nvery wet, so there are tons of them. Evil. But they don't seems to care to bite the baby.... they love me, though,.

#16 of 70 Old 07-09-2010, 07:37 AM

We have a very bad heat wave here in the North east US... not safe to be outside long. We will have rain this weekend to cool off.
#17 of 70 Old 07-21-2010, 08:19 PM

hi, glad that i found this thread out of the pool of life with babes.

samson was born on 12/5/09. he and we are doing great. i have my moments, of course, but i love being his mum.

we are nowhere near crawling. he is big - 28 inches long and 22 lbs, so i dunno whether that creates a challenge or not. he loves sitting, and he is happy on his hands and knees, but no rocking yet, or forward motion at all - he just stops, drops, and rolls!

we just started feeding him solids a couple weeks ago with any regularity. we started with rice cereal made with breastmilk, and moved onto mixing in purees of veggies and fruits, which he seems to love all of. i'm a big fan of the solid turds!!! no more cleaning up soupy mustard seed pooh!

samson's a super-social baby, loves all people and smiles all-round in the stores as we're shopping (he helps me, on my front - i swear that i talk to him more when i shop than i do my husband).

there are frustrations. such as not being able to put him down for more than a few minutes some days, to the fact that i still feed him 2-3 times/night. but that seems pretty normal, it seems.

i'm a SAHM until he's a year old - feel very lucky to be able to do that, but we're old - i'm 40 and hubby is working on 50 - so, it is a luxury we are relishing, since sammy is OUR ONE. going back to work seems simultaneously delicious and foreboding, but we'll not think about that yet. oh, and daycare decisions are coming up...

if any of you were in the dec '09 DDC, i went off-air when i was ~4 months preggers, due to moving to a part of the country without readily available internet. so i "know" some of your names from there from long ago.

congrats to all you mommas!

clare, i'm so glad to see you here. i remembered you and always hoped you'd get a good roll of the dice this time.

momma to samson, born 12/05/09 to grateful parents.
#18 of 70 Old 07-21-2010, 10:20 PM - Thread Starter

Ah, Sammy sounds like a sweet little guy. Good luck with going back to work! It is such a tough choice. One the one hand, some days I think it would just be heaven to sit at a desk all day without any little people interruptions (I work at home, between 10 and 20 hours a week).

But then the idea of missing out on year 1-2 (which is my most favorite age, so much fun) really makes me enjoy my crazy life with 4 kids home for summer.

But having a real job/career is nothing to sneeze at, and they really love being with other kids at that age, mostly. So going back to work would probably be harder for you then your lo.

My little guy clapped 2 hands together today for the first time So sweet.

#19 of 70 Old 07-21-2010, 10:27 PM

i can't wait 'til he claps! he is just now examining his hands as he flexes each.and.every.finger. so cute.

umm, is anyone else's son grabbing ruthlessly at their genitals at changing time? it's new here. my hubby says, "makes my eyes water just looking at how he yanks that scrotum around", which is funny to me, since i always thought that guys just did this naturally....

#20 of 70 Old 07-21-2010, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy2579 View Post

I hope this is ok?
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmel23 View Post
hi Kathy! My little one shares a birthday with your Patrick. Welcome.
Mine, too! Valentine's also a 12/12 baby- we are sure the world will end on 12/12/12, simply based on knowing 3 year olds!

She's a bit of a freakshow- in the best way. Crawling, cruising, nibbling with her two bottom fangs... She just learned to give high-fives and to "clap," and has started giving hugs and giant, open-mouth kisses!

We just moved into our first house on June 1, and despite living within a stone's throw of two great playgrounds, haven't gotten out much due to the heat and humidity, though we go to two different library storyhours, which she enjoys TREMENDOUSLY!

She's started to nightwean herself, sleeping through the night between DH and I most nights, but I still haven't gotten AF back, so it's a little frustrating, as we really want to give her a little sibling like NOW.

She's still a absurdly happy, social, "easy" baby, and I don't go a single day without thanking God for blessing us with such an undeserved joy.

I'm so glad this thread was made; I was wondering how our little club was doing!

Doctors aren't out to kill you or your children. Childbirth isn't inherently safe. Science is actually smarter than your intuition. Lighten up. Use sunscreen.

#21 of 70 Old 07-22-2010, 12:01 AM

Avett is 12/12 too! We had a lot of those.

At 7 months we are doing well, so happy. We are co-sleeping which is not my preference, but it is the only way any of us can get a decent night's slepe and I do actually love the cuddliness of it now.

He is creeping/crawling. Gets up on all fours and can get forward 5 or 6 feet to get a toy. He can also turn in all directions.

Overall he is an insanely happy baby. Always smiling. At everyone. People comment on it all the time! I have so much fun with him and I too can't believe I got so lucky and created such an amazing little man.

Oh yeah, and he also is a little obsessed with tugging on his privates. Sometimes I can't get his hand off them at diaper changes!
#22 of 70 Old 07-22-2010, 10:35 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
HI mamas! Glad to hear the news on every one and their LOs.

Rassa also grabs her crotch at diaper changes, sometimes before I have the chance to wipe the poo away! It looks painful and those nails are sharp, no matter how short I try to get them, but it doesn't seem to phase her... oh well... they are little mysterious characters about somethings...

mama to Rassa, born 12/9/09
#23 of 70 Old 07-23-2010, 01:49 AM - Thread Starter

I really love co-sleeping from ages now until 2. Sometimes it is a pain getting a little toddler to sleep, and I wish I could just put them in bed and leave, but waking up with a little snuggly one makes up for it. Those are the best mornings.

#24 of 70 Old 07-23-2010, 02:26 AM

Quote:
I really love co-sleeping from ages now until 2. Sometimes it is a pain getting a little toddler to sleep, and I wish I could just put them in bed and leave, but waking up with a little snuggly one makes up for it. Those are the best mornings.
this is what i am realizing now, with my 7-mo old. he has just started to get so cute in bed with me, likes falling to sleep in the day with me, waking up next to me and touching my face, smiling at me...

we do put him in his crib at night, and he stays there for a few hours, then feeds, i put him back, then around 4 (our bedrooms face east, blessing and curse) he is up and i feed him again and bring him into bed between us. the next 2 hours are the sweetest of my day - he is so snuggly and sweet-smelling and i love having him under the covers between me and my guy.

however, DH isn't as down with this pattern as i am. we have a double bed. we're not big people at all, but a double bed isn't really made for 2 adults and a babe. and we LOVE our bed, we're not getting a different one for this phase. he just is a bit put out by what he claims is being pushed out of bed by us 2 little people!

i privately rejoice with sammy's morning nap comes and we can cuddle together for sleep. NOTE: i cannot feed him in bed, never have been able to due to either my boobs or his preference for sitting-up feeding, so this isn't about nursing. that time is fantastic. that said, sometimes i sneak out to try to get something done, and the other morning i came back into my BR to find him SITTING ON THE FLOOR NEXT TO MY BED. holy crap i almost lost it with guilt. i mean he was not hurt, but.... need to get him in his crib for naps now, and i mourn that loss for us.

#25 of 70 Old 07-25-2010, 11:46 PM

My baby girl turned 8 mos on the 19th. She's a Nov baby, but I still consider myself a Dec mom. She is crawling/cruising/pulling up/clapping/waving/standing unassisted (briefly) but still not STTN!lol I dont think it will change until I wean her at 12 months (counting down).

Been back at work FT since March and been pretty consistent with pumping so my supply has been fine. Still producing slightly more than she eats. I am about ready to throw my pump off a tower most days. I am trying to stockpile enough for DD to have a month's reserve when I wean her. I initally planned to drop the daytime feedings, but I'm more than ready to have my body back and my sleep. (And hoping to drop some more weight too.)

Baby girl has been on solids since 8 months but she has been eating less solids, not more, lately.

She is playing with her vagina too! Is it crazy that I thought "Aww, how cute?" I told her, "Please let me know when you are done so that I can put your diaper on. Do you need privacy? I can come back later."lol Her dad would NOT have found that funny.lol

I am an ocassional ECer, and she has been really receptive. Two weeks ago, we caught all poops for a week (she goes every 1-2 days) plus she peed in the BB Smart Potty 90% of the time when offered.

Does anyone have a baby who crawls around the bed upon waking at night sometimes? She's fallen off the bed a few times in the past month, so I'm thinking it's close to time for the crib (that is never used).

First-time mama due on Dec 3rd 2009!
Update: Baby girl born Nov 19th!
#26 of 70 Old 07-26-2010, 02:18 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCMama01 View Post
Does anyone have a baby who crawls around the bed upon waking at night sometimes? She's fallen off the bed a few times in the past month, so I'm thinking it's close to time for the crib (that is never used).
Yes. My LO crawls and stands in the bed. I usually catch him and he hasn't fallen out of the bed, yet (knock on wood). He sleep crawls. and stands.

My solution for this is his own Montessori floor bed, where I can sleep with him. I'm just not ready to do that yet... I like our big bed with DH, and he likes having a little snuggly baby to wake up with as well.

Today we went swimming. My LO loved it. He loved the water and the splashing.

#27 of 70 Old 07-26-2010, 09:21 AM

DCMama, i'm intrigued with the ECing. i don't know much about it (i can read up though). what kind of cues can an 8-month old give you? i think we have the reverse thing going on - i cue up samson by putting him on the changing table and taking his diaper off so he can pee on me and usually a freshly-changed table sheet! seriously though, i would not even know what to look for with him, either pee or poop - it just happens, and seems pretty random to me. i'm still at home, so i have time and opportunity to observe, just haven't observed any reproducible behavior leading to an elimination...

sammy loves to swim too. he even like cold lake water, once he's acclimated. we have a great swim diaper for him now, which makes it all the more pleasant for his parents (no disposable 5-lb. paper "swim diaper" (snort!) hanging off him).

#28 of 70 Old 07-26-2010, 06:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by toughcookie View Post

sammy loves to swim too. he even like cold lake water, once he's acclimated. we have a great swim diaper for him now, which makes it all the more pleasant for his parents (no disposable 5-lb. paper "swim diaper" (snort!) hanging off him).
For a swim diaper I just used a pocket diaper without the stuffing. Easy peasy. And he loves his Warm Belly Wet Suit for cold pools and lakes.

#29 of 70 Old 07-26-2010, 07:07 PM

Quote:
...Warm Belly Wet Suit[/URL] for cold pools and lakes.
now that is too cute. good for the ocean!

#30 of 70 Old 07-28-2010, 02:17 PM

samson has 2 bottom front teeth coming through! his first, so had to share. the crazy thing is that the past few weeks he's been in a BETTER mood than previous. and then yesterday he picked up my cup and put it to his mouth and i heard a little "click!" i was like, whaaa? awesome.

i promise not to bother you all with minutia on a regular basis - i'm just excited to see his new look develop.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page