October '09 Babes- Fun in the JULY Sun! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 78 Old 07-02-2010, 06:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What are your plans for the summer October mamas? We're going on Vacation in 3 weeks to Vancouver Island!

(Didn't see that anyone made a July thread yet, so I thought I'd take the liberty)

tea6.gifStudent mama to Lyra June loveeyes.gif (ribboncesarean.gif 10.24.09)  and Olive Isis love.gif  (vbac.gif12.12.11) 

#2 of 78 Old 07-03-2010, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsVyky View Post
What are your plans for the summer October mamas? We're going on Vacation in 3 weeks to Vancouver Island!

(Didn't see that anyone made a July thread yet, so I thought I'd take the liberty)
We are going to RI for a week at the beach!
can't beleive some of the Oct babies have more than 6 teeth! Ds has ZERO. He has been teething forever with swollen gums etc etc but nothing.
No steps yet but we are cruising everywhere.
Ohh and Ds the midget finally hit 16 lbs woohooo!! Actually that was a week or or 2 ago. Now is is 16 lbs 8 oz I think.
http://tmvigneau.blogspot.com/2010/07/arent-i-cute.html

All natural Mama to Keira 6/1/07, Israel 10/10/ 09, Nairi 04/01/2011, and #4 March 2013

#3 of 78 Old 07-03-2010, 04:35 PM - Thread Starter

Wow! He's so cute!!

DD isn't standing. Or pulling up. Or crawling. She's about 18 pounds and she's 30". She's got her tow lower incisors, and is cutting the two top and the one to the left as well.

tea6.gifStudent mama to Lyra June loveeyes.gif (ribboncesarean.gif 10.24.09)  and Olive Isis love.gif  (vbac.gif12.12.11) 

#4 of 78 Old 07-03-2010, 05:03 PM

Hi everyone. We're going to be flying to Los Angeles in August. I can't even begin to think about all the logistics of it. It's kind of freaking me out, so I'm just going to ignore it for a while.

Dylan has 4 teeth with another one on the way. This last one was horrible. He cried all night long, didn't nap, fussed so much that I thought something was really really wrong. I even bought Oragel!!

Absolutely no crawling, standing, cruising or anything here. He's just not in to it. In his own time, I guess.

We go for his 9 month check up on the 13th, so I'll have his stats then. He's still really small.

But, last night we had a miracle. He slept from 8pm until 5am!!! This is a kid who has been waking hourly for over 3 months. It was absolutely amazing. Too bad my boobs didn't know what was going on and I got so engorged and was so uncomfortable, I couldn't sleep!! Oh well, it was so worth it for him. I'll post some pics later.

Proud mom of Dylan born 10/10/09
#5 of 78 Old 07-03-2010, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmama2 View Post
Ohh and Ds the midget finally hit 16 lbs woohooo!! Actually that was a week or or 2 ago. Now is is 16 lbs 8 oz I think.
We actually ended up having to go to the doctor today and I thought of you when they were weighing Dylan. He weighed in at 16lbs 14oz. Shrimp size. The doctor (whom we had never seen before) didn't think twice about it. I was thinking of you guys the whole time!

Proud mom of Dylan born 10/10/09
#6 of 78 Old 07-04-2010, 12:02 AM

Lu sounds just like some of your lo's. She has two bottom teeth and we'd all be grateful if those darn top two would just pop through! She's not pulling up, but LOVES to be placed in the standing position. So if she is standing and then plops down...she just looks at you and starts scrunching her nose and breathing heavily through her mouth and then she'll throw a fit if you don't return her to the standing position. *sighs* I've tried letting her be frustrated to see if she'll try pulling up, but she won't!

No crawling atill at 8.5 months! I guess I'm really surprised since I was walking at 9 months and DH was walking at 7 months.

She's still only saying "Mmma mmma mmmma mmmmma" but not attaching any meaning to it. No "dada" yet, much to my dh's dismay. She finally signed "more" but again, I don't think she understands the meaning. She just understands it as a ritual motion to do after she eats a cereal puff.

I've been really proud that she's eaten only breastmilk or organic foods so far...it's getting harder and harder since we don't have a lot of organic options around here. She likes finger foods, but always chokes and scares the crap out of me! We do lots of purees and her favorites are sweet potato/quinoa or lentils/apples/chicken.

She's finally starting to be more comfortable with strangers and acquaintances.

Overall, we're loving life. I love how baby she is still, but at the same time I am so excited for her to start talking and moving (and needing me to hold her less). We feel very ready for another one...she's so dang perfect and fun, how could we not do this again!!!
#7 of 78 Old 07-04-2010, 04:35 AM

more later but wanted to wish the american mamas a happy 4th of july (it's also my niece's 5th birthday and my bil is american so he gets a party in canada every year for that

we had a great canada day with the boys, was busier around our downtown neighbourhood as the queen was in town for the festivities and our street is popular for free downtown parking.

we have an invite to the american ambassador's bbq (my dh works i guess fairly high up in the government because he seems to get invited to these things) so i think we'll pop by and enjoy some burgers and salads there for an hour or two. it's going to be another scorcher so we'll see how long we last...the wading pool may win out!

mama to callum (april 8,07) and everett (sept 24,09) - blessed to be married to my life's love since '98. novaxnocirc.gif

#8 of 78 Old 07-04-2010, 10:43 AM

No real movement here either. If she's on her belly, she just flips right over to her back. She LOVES to be in the standing position too, but does not pull up. Oh well. My son was like this too.

We still win the shrimp award, 16 pounds 4 oz. on June 21. That was 4 days before she officially turned 9 months.
#9 of 78 Old 07-04-2010, 02:51 PM - Thread Starter

I finally managed to get pics of Lyra's teeth. She does not like people poking around in her mouth, LOL
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._2684240_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._8333142_n.jpg

#10 of 78 Old 07-05-2010, 12:56 AM

Quote:
I finally managed to get pics of Lyra's teeth. She does not like people poking around in her mouth, LOL
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._2684240_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._8333142_n.jpg
awesome! amazing you got such clear, close-up pics!

mama to callum (april 8,07) and everett (sept 24,09) - blessed to be married to my life's love since '98. novaxnocirc.gif

#11 of 78 Old 07-05-2010, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandme View Post
We still win the shrimp award, 16 pounds 4 oz. on June 21. That was 4 days before she officially turned 9 months.
weighed everett today - JUST hit 16lbs - 9mths and 10 days, and is long 74cms - looks to be 29.13 inches (at breastfeeding drop-in last wednesday). so am there with you on the shrimp weight thing!

ds1 was 17lbs 9oz at one year so not unexpected.

#12 of 78 Old 07-06-2010, 05:07 PM

Baby Bianca and I are leaving the Florida muggy heat behind to stay with grandma in the Oregon forest for a month, can't wait! She's a busy girl, crawling and cruising like crazy. The long plane ride should be interesting..... She has her bottom two teeth. We're trying to solve the great eczema mystery, like many of you, I think it's eggs or wheat. There's a photo of my girl and a link to a video of her eighth month at http://hansapanza.blogspot.com/ .
#13 of 78 Old 07-06-2010, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandme View Post
No real movement here either. If she's on her belly, she just flips right over to her back. She LOVES to be in the standing position too, but does not pull up. Oh well. My son was like this too.

You win for girls...
I have a boy. He should be bigger!! Lol!!! But he is short too.. 26 inches.

All natural Mama to Keira 6/1/07, Israel 10/10/ 09, Nairi 04/01/2011, and #4 March 2013

#14 of 78 Old 07-06-2010, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeredithK View Post
We actually ended up having to go to the doctor today and I thought of you when they were weighing Dylan. He weighed in at 16lbs 14oz. Shrimp size. The doctor (whom we had never seen before) didn't think twice about it. I was thinking of you guys the whole time!
Good to know Israel isn't the only 16 lber in the OCt babies! He looks bigger to me though so I think he is starting to grow faster a bit more.
looks like StarMora has a 16 lb boy as well- although she said he is tall.....
Looks like all the oct babes are doing well!!!

#15 of 78 Old 07-07-2010, 02:03 AM

Wow, 3 weeks that's amazing! I didn't think anybody got that much vacation anymore. Must be nice.
Well, dd is doing well, still not crawling or pulling up or getting to a sitting position on her own, but she can stay in a sit for a long time if you put her there. And she loves to stand, and to have someone hold her and let her walk around (though I've heard that that doesn't actually help them learn to walk). She has four teeth -- the last three came through almost all at once around my late mother's birthday near the beginning of June. She seems to be working on her two lower lateral incisors, and as a resut has been cranky and not sleeping well. Some days recently she's only had one very short nap and then stayed up super late. Today she had two naps, the second one being almost 3 hours (the 1st was less than 45 min though), and she went down around 9 pm. Woke up again around 9:45 and I nursed her back to sleep.
I was in the ER last week due to having some food stuck in my throat, and it turns out I have eosinophilic esophagitis, which is strange because I've know of someone (through MDC) whose kid has it. It's unusual to be diagnosed so late in life -- probably I've had it a long time but just didn't have such extreme issues. Anyway, it's kind of funny, here I was in the ER, couldn't swallow my own spit even, and all I was worried about was whether or not dd could nurse before they put me under to dislodge the food (and whether or not she could nurse after as they had originally said I couldn't let her nurse for 12 hours after the sedation). I was oddly calm about the whole thing really.
DD does seem to have some eczema on her knees, and ds has recently developed what may be eczema on his elbows, so we're probably going to have to do some eliminations (e.e. turns out to be often triggered by food sensitivities as well).

Jen 47 DS C 2/03  angel.gif04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09 DH Bill '97.

mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mamacandle.gif

#16 of 78 Old 07-07-2010, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmama2 View Post
You win for girls...
I have a boy. He should be bigger!! Lol!!! But he is short too.. 26 inches.
We're 26 inches too! (but I thought it was a conservative measurement). Anyway, someone was cooing over her the other day as she sat up, bright and alert in her stroller. They then asked if she was 4 months old. Um, what? Come on.
#17 of 78 Old 07-07-2010, 11:24 AM

love the new pics!

as far as vacations are concerned, we finally have a month free of travel our 1st since Feb. dh has his graduation so his parents will be coming down to stay with us for that. his b-day is at the end of the month so we may do something for that too.

vlad is walking a few steps and crawling everywhere! he still only has his bottom two teeth. he only says Da Da and t t t...

we had our 1st possible food allergy on the 4th. he was eating banana (which he has eaten for months) and i put it down on my plate with essence of blueberry, chocolate and buttermilk pancakes. he broke out in a rash and about an hour later puked a ton. he had diarrhea for the next day or so. and a ton of gas. we rubbed the blueberry and chocolate on his skin and found no reaction so i guess it wasn't contact allergy. i've been only feeding him via breast as he is getting back to normal. has anyone else experienced something like this? i think we will hold off on introducing blueberries until next year.

Angel (30), dh (31) (kd to H. 4/25/07 & K. 5/23/11), Vladimir 10/17/09 & Nikolai 7/6/11

#18 of 78 Old 07-07-2010, 07:00 PM

angel, millie reacts to bananas. she doesn't break out, but they give her gut fits.

loving the pics and all of the updates! hugs jen, that would have freaked me out!

here are some recent millie pics: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...1&l=2e6ddefcff

she LOVED that junebug, btw!

we had her to the ped today to get a shot and she was 19 1/2 lbs and is 29" tall. she's slowed way down on her weight gain because she FINALLY started crawling! she is crawling mostly army-style as that is her fav and she is fast! she can go from crawling to sitting to crawling and has just recently learned to clap and take off her diaper

gotta go, she's fussy....

Jen-loving Bill, mama to Teryn 18, Kalyn 16, Ricky 13, Natalie 5, Angel Zoe '07 and rainbow1284.gifAmelia Rae 22 mos bonus kids (dss) W 14, W 13 NEW grandbaby due 10/10/11

#19 of 78 Old 07-07-2010, 09:24 PM - Thread Starter

OMG, Jen, I love MIllie's baby mullet!

Lyra has learned to remove her diaper as well and had a poonami on the carpet this morning and my gross dog licked it. eeeeewww.

Her three top teeth have popped through!

#20 of 78 Old 07-07-2010, 10:52 PM

Quote:

Lyra has learned to remove her diaper as well and had a poonami on the carpet this morning and my gross dog licked it. eeeeewww.

Oh nasty!! That sounds like something our dogs would do. Except Kianna is too much of a busy body to stop long enough to take her diaper off. I swear she cant hold still for nobody! Its a chore to get her to nurse anymore, she doesnt want to hold still long enough. She stands up while still latched on. . . yes she does. Aye, the girl has too much of her father in her!!
If she isnt sleeping she is into everything! The dogs water/food, Dumps her toys out, My kitchen cabinets, cd rack. . . Now she figured out how to open the bottom of our entertainment center cabinet and pulls my scrapbooks out and crawls on them. Oh and she can flush the toilet now. Yeah, Im just waiting til she can walk and carry toys to flush down!
#21 of 78 Old 07-08-2010, 11:20 AM

Hey ladies!! I haven't been on here much at all lately!

Glad to see everyone is doing well and babies are getting mobile! Though food allergy problems and trips to the ER aren't exactly good times.

Jimmy is amazing these days. Just started to really crawl and now gets into everything. I couldn't find him yesterday, found him in the bathroom with the door partly closed behind him, chewing on a shampoo bottle. Yikes! He can pull up and stand next to things but hasn't figured out more than that yet.

He burns like a crispy critter with any hint of sun on him....even with sun screen, whathaveyou. The SPF50 long sleeve tops have been a life saver! And I'm waiting for a full body suit made out of the same stuff. Otherwise we spent most our time indoors so he doesn't burn. Then in the evening the mosquitos are so thick we can't play out then either! My 5 year old is not thrilled with this turn of events =(

We are going up to northern WI for a week early August, otherwise no vackay's planned. Have a great summer!

JoAnn Married almost 12 years to DH Chris.  DS1 01/05 DS2 09/09 DS3 05/12.

#22 of 78 Old 07-08-2010, 01:37 PM

Quote:

aww thank you! i've considered cutting it, but it's just so long and Joe Dirtish that i just can't.

and @ poopnami! luckily millie hasn't poo'ed anywhere when she takes her dipe off. she has clothes on now all the time and we put the dipes on backwards LOL!

Jen-loving Bill, mama to Teryn 18, Kalyn 16, Ricky 13, Natalie 5, Angel Zoe '07 and rainbow1284.gifAmelia Rae 22 mos bonus kids (dss) W 14, W 13 NEW grandbaby due 10/10/11

#23 of 78 Old 07-08-2010, 01:39 PM

oh and HI joann! i've been wondering about you and yours

#24 of 78 Old 07-08-2010, 01:57 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah, I think she might be trying to tell me something. she took her diaper off again this morning and peed. Maybe I'll try my hand at EC

#25 of 78 Old 07-08-2010, 02:07 PM

Hey Lu started army crawling today on her 9 month birthday!!! The only catch is, there has to be food at the finish line and she whines, screetches and cries the whole way until she reaches the precious cereal puff and shoves it into her mouth.

She also just started saying, "Cah cah cah" when she looks out the window. It's because we stand there with her and say, "car" each time a car goes by. How smart! It's been so fun to see how her receptive language is developing too...when we say birdie, she looks up at her birdie mobile. When we say "Moses" she looks all around until she sees the dog, when we say balloon she darts her eyes to the helium balloon that is floating in the kitchen and so on. I can't wait for her to start really talking!
#26 of 78 Old 07-09-2010, 12:20 AM - Thread Starter

Lyra officially crawled today, too. She just up and did it, like a pro. It was the strangest thing.

#27 of 78 Old 07-09-2010, 01:40 AM

Cool all the antics the babies are doing now! Dd still won't crawl much but she sort of pushes herself along a couple of inches before she starts to fuss about being on her tummy. I'm not doing nearly enough playing with her, it seems like I'm always busy.

Jen 47 DS C 2/03  angel.gif04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09 DH Bill '97.

mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mamacandle.gif

#28 of 78 Old 07-09-2010, 11:48 AM

I can't believe some of your kids are starting to talk! We are still in the grunting and puffing and blowing bubbles phase.

Our guy is getting better and better at running around the house, and shows up behind me at random times and places. No crawling yet, and all that running has slowed his growth - he hasn't grown even a fraction of an in since the 5month checkup. His weight even dropped last month by 1/2 a pound. So far our pediatrician just said, as long as his head keeps growing (which it does - he is below 3percentile for length and above 98 percentile for head), and he is active and improving there is not need to worry (yet).

Mom since Oct'09. Wife to a loving husband. Expecting a little bean in May'12

#29 of 78 Old 07-09-2010, 01:15 PM

Nice! A thread for similar birthday babies... I love this site!

We actually just came back from a month in Ireland to visit the inlaws, so no plans for July except swimming and trying to beat the heat. MIL is over in September, though, so maybe a trip to Quebec City, which is always beautiful.

Woman, Wife, Mom to beautiful DD (10/14/09), Copywriter, occasionally tearing my hair out but usually pretty happy about it all
#30 of 78 Old 07-09-2010, 01:29 PM

millie cut her first tooth! 10 days before she turns 10 mos! i'm so relieved for her; she was a miserable mess.

oh, congrats on the crawling! millie crawled the day before her 9 mos birthday.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page