So when does all the crying slow down? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-20-2010, 10:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DD is approaching 5months and still cries quite a bit... nearly every time I put her down, on car rides, when someone else is holding her, etc. I think much of it may have to do with teething now.

When will this change? There's got to be an age that babies/children get to when they don't cry multiple times a day, right?

DH and I are looking forward to when she is big enough for a forward facing carseat, as we think this may lessen the crying in the car. (dreaming of a day when I can sit up front with dad again!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2010, 10:40 PM

For us the crying and just general unhappiness really started getting better the more mobile he got. Once he figured out how to crawl and pull himself up, around 6 months, he was much happier. He used to cry a lot but now he's pretty content unless he's overtired or we take him away from places he's not supposed to be.

Wife to an awesome stay at home dad and mama to a crazy 2 year old, expecting #2 Jan 3

Old 07-20-2010, 11:37 PM
N&M

Our dd's incessant car crying stopped the moment we switched her from the Graco snugride to the Britax Boulevard (when she was a little shy of 4 mos).

Nicole, new mom to one busy little bee, Maxine Diane, born at home 2/16/10!
Old 07-21-2010, 12:43 AM

The crying in the car only got a bit better when we switched to a convertible car seat at ~4months of age. But the big improvement came when he started crawling well and pulling up on furniture at ~8.5months because then his focus changed to wanting to be held all the time to wanting to touch and explore everything. Now we have a tough time trying to keep him away from standing lamps and electrical cords.

ETA: He still hates the car but doesn't cry as hard as he use to.

Love of our life, born September 2009

User Tag List