January 2010 babies - it's been half a year. How are you? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 238 Old 09-20-2010, 12:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
A recent picture of Rowan...

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...f&id=584559551

winner.jpgbftoddler.gif2ndtri.gif Catholic Mama to Liam, Rowan and one on the way! Wife to an amazing man. familybed1.gif blogging.jpg

#62 of 238 Old 09-20-2010, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinak1977 View Post
Sasha grabs his privates AND his ears a lot. Ouch! He is also very interested in drinking water and only wants to do it from my glass. He also figured out a straw and would drink that way. With the glass I just help him hold it and he will push it away when he's done. He usually spills a bunch on his clothes though and has to be changed.
Yep, Emma does the same thing.....will only drink out of my water glass when I hold it up to her...she's a trip.
#63 of 238 Old 09-23-2010, 12:33 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I know I don't comment often, but I always love looking at the pictures and videos you guys post. :-) Our babies are so adorable!

Malachi turns 8 months in 1 week. He rocks back and forth on his hands and knees, but he is still not crawling. Instead, he gets around by rolling. He literally rolls everywhere he wants to go! He was in the middle of the kitchen while I was washing dishes. He rolled over to the stove and opened the drawer containing frying pans. He then rolled to the dish of cat food and grabbed 2 handfuls. I got to him before he ate it. THEN he rolled to a stand housing the computer tower and proceeded to open and close the doors, followed by pulling things out. He keeps me on my toes. I try to give him plenty of floor time, hoping he'll learn to crawl but no such luck. I guess that's just the way my baby rolls.
#64 of 238 Old 09-23-2010, 09:00 PM

Emily has two teeth, and yesterday I got the first Mama. Very clear and looking right at me.

Rebekah - mom to Ben 03/05 and Emily 01/10, a peace educator, and a veg*n and wife to Jamie.
#65 of 238 Old 09-24-2010, 10:32 AM

Hello everyone good to read updates about our babies, although I can't quite believe they're all 8 months old! That seems so utterly grown up to me. I'm a little sad about it!

Holly is thriving. She's over 20 lbs and in her 12 month clothes. I keep thinking she'll pop a tooth but the little guys keep saying hi and then receding, so I still have that gummy grin to enjoy. She is desperately trying to crawl but not quite coordinated enough for it. She scootches around some on her bottom and is generally very frustrated at her inability to motor around. She has pulled herself up to stand several times. I'm kind of terrified of having two mobile children!!

Holly waves hi and bye all the time and is working on her first few words... think mama and byebye might make the cut. She is an absolute joy, such a sweet and gentle spirit. I adore her!

Lauren (33), writer, recovering academic, WOHM to a highly sensitive child (Robin, Feb '08) and mellow little Holly (Jan '10). Newly diagnosed Bipolar I. rolleyes.gif
#66 of 238 Old 09-24-2010, 10:40 AM

hakebar, that's awesome about the tooth thing! So cool.

Well, good news - I don't have cancer. Yay! Just persistent thyroid disease that I cannot get managed but that's easier to deal with.

DD is progressing so fast. She turned 8 months on the 13th and can now rise to a standing position anywhere in the room (without holding onto anything - which I have a hard time doing - lol), she can cruise and stand up for about ten seconds before plopping back down. She took one step and I think she'd start walking except its just not fast enough for her. She'd rather crawl. She's starting to eat a little more but is having a hard time with the pincer grasp so it just ends up a mess when she does it herself. And I'm choking paranoid so I don't give her a lot of food by herself. She's said mama once and dada several times and says baba alot which we thought was Bubba which is what I call DS but evidently its a common baby word that we moms adapt to whatever we think it is.

We are going to try her own bed this weekend, I really think she'll actually sleep better - I think I wake her up most of the time. Guess that's it - just a crazy baby and school started this week. I have to get up at 4 am just to have a little time to myself to read and do homework because she just does not sleep well during the day.

Novel writing student Mama to ds (8y) and new DD 1-13-10.

#67 of 238 Old 09-24-2010, 10:45 AM

oh, forgot some stuff.

Yes, we want to have one more baby and soon too. I actually want these babies to be close together so we can move on, if that makes any sense. As much as I love this stage, if DD gets to be like three or four, I don't think I'll want to go back to infancy again. But I haven't got my period back yet and my thyroid is still off so I have to get those taken care of before I even ovulate again.

Novel writing student Mama to ds (8y) and new DD 1-13-10.

#68 of 238 Old 09-24-2010, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by remijo View Post
Well, good news - I don't have cancer. Yay! Just persistent thyroid disease that I cannot get managed but that's easier to deal with.

She's said mama once and dada several times and says baba alot which we thought was Bubba which is what I call DS but evidently its a common baby word that we moms adapt to whatever we think it is.

We are going to try her own bed this weekend, I really think she'll actually sleep better - I think I wake her up most of the time. Guess that's it - just a crazy baby and school started this week. I have to get up at 4 am just to have a little time to myself to read and do homework because she just does not sleep well during the day.
Yay that you don't have cancer! You must have been so worried.

Malachi says Babas for boobies. He actually turns to me and looks at them while he says it. And then he nurses. I know I have to call them something else because I don't want my son running around asking for boobies! Lately I've just been asking if he's hungry, if he'd like to eat, if he wants breastmilk, etc.

Yeah, my little guy can have a hard time sleeping during the day, as well. I've been getting so little sleep myself, that getting up that early is not something I can do. But how I would love some alone time!
#69 of 238 Old 09-24-2010, 11:17 AM

Remijo, that's awesome news! Hopefully you can get everything under control so you can try for the next babe! Here's hoping for af to return, lol.

It sounds like everyone is doing great! Ethan is doing well, although he has a bit of a cold right now. Other than a snotty nose, he's pretty happy.

I'm going to have to start some sort of sleep training or something sooner than later. I will be going back to work at the end of December, and while that's still far off, I want to make a sleep transition slowly in hopes it won't be too traumatizing. I refuse any sort of cio method, so I'm not sure how I will go about it. Ethan goes to sleep initially in his crib, then comes to my bed when he wakes up. He sleeps pretty good after that, but starts nursing around 6am, then nurses off and on until he wakes up around 8. I think getting him off the nursing when he wakes up will be the most difficult thing. I work retail, so my schedule is up in the air, I'm going to have to figure something out that will work for us. I wish I didn't have to work at all, the thought of it is a bit depressing. I certainly feel for the ladies who had to go back to work within the first few months.
#70 of 238 Old 09-24-2010, 06:02 PM - Thread Starter

...sneaking in from work to read the updates. It's been so crazy at my job lately, my brain is about to explode. I do love my job though, and am very thankful for it, but yay - it's friday!
Remijo, this is great news! Hope your thyroid is under control soon and things get less crazy.

Sasha is rolling around, trying to pull up, and is showing signs of teething again, but I can't tell if any teeth are coming in. Our ECing efforts have picked up again, and I'm actually catching more pees. He's not talking yet, but is trying to roll his Rs. I'm wondering if he will start speaking slower since we are trying to raise him bilingual. I guess we'll see.
No AF here yet, and lots of nursing through the night but I did get my supply to go down and back up in the last few days, so maybe I'm going to start cycling again soon. We won't TTC, but won't prevent too actively either. I do get a little sentimental thinking that soon my little bun would not be relying solely on his milkies for food, this year is going by so fast.

sleepytime.gif
#71 of 238 Old 09-24-2010, 07:48 PM

So nice to read the updates. Remijo, glad to hear your good news!
Emma has no teeth, but is teething hard core. She does not crawl or pull up but she does put her hands in front of her while in a sitting position and scoots around the house (backward) that way. It's pretty funny!
I think she says eat when she wants to eat, but I'm not 100% sure. Sure sounds like it, though.
#72 of 238 Old 09-25-2010, 08:19 AM

You people are crazy my kids are 23 months apart and it's HARD. Legitimately HARD to keep up with them and meet all their needs. I am glad to have my IUD and no worries about more babies.

Lauren (33), writer, recovering academic, WOHM to a highly sensitive child (Robin, Feb '08) and mellow little Holly (Jan '10). Newly diagnosed Bipolar I. rolleyes.gif
#73 of 238 Old 09-26-2010, 02:57 AM

Been a while, but glad to check in!

Rowan is 7 months old and crawling up a storm. He has no teeth, but loves solid food and we are doing BLW. We cosleep and he is a laughing smialing babbling baby. It is AWESOME.

I'm back in grad school. That goes well, and Rowan is with his dad when I am in class. His dad is the most awesome co-parent one could hope for and Rowan adores his daddy.

I also started a blog and a forum for pagan parents:
http://witchmom.com (blog)
http://lilyshahar.com/forums (forum)

So... busy!

Mama to a 3 year old awesome kid, Rowan (aka Mister Boopy) and TTC another at 43!

fambedsingle1.gif gd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif vbac.gif goorganic.jpg

Herbalist, Acupuncture student, Mama, Blogger!

#74 of 238 Old 09-29-2010, 01:00 AM

I found some baby skinny jeans and just had to post a pic....I think they are just so adorable, especially b/c Emma is such a chunk!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...&id=1539760812
#75 of 238 Old 09-29-2010, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nola79 View Post
I found some baby skinny jeans and just had to post a pic....I think they are just so adorable, especially b/c Emma is such a chunk!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...&id=1539760812
LOL! So adorable!

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#76 of 238 Old 09-29-2010, 07:52 AM

nola79, that is adorable! Absolutely precious!

Malachi is 8 months tomorrow and he recently started doing the army crawl. He says: mama, dada, cat, cute, bed, I love you, cat love, love dada (I think that's it). He understands the word again. When I give him teething tablets, I tell him to open his mouth and he does. He recognizes favorite songs. His favorite is a song about a little green frog. He claps when I begin singing it. He also loves pat-a-cake and claps, as well as doing the rolling motion with his hands. He gives high fives. It just seems like he's doing so much lately! He's really taken to solids, although I still only feed him solids once a day for the most part.

Lately he has a bit of a cold. I've been giving him probioitcs, in the hopes of boosting his immune system.
#77 of 238 Old 09-29-2010, 05:33 PM

LOVE the skinny jeans!!

Well, it's official...Griffin finally errupted a tooth. And yet the drolling hasn't stopped! I so love this kid - not even a minor complaint during the whole thing.

He had a WBV last week and at just shy of eight months he's almost 21 pounds. My little chunk rocks! He got a vax and didn't even flinch. Super fat thighs work in that aspect.

Since we don't do purees or baby food we've been waiting until the kid could stop thrusting food out. He's finally there and a massive fanatic of brocolli. And, unlike his sister who ate 2-3 bananas a day (!!), just gives them a cross look that screams "get this crap out of my mouth!" Pretty funny stuff.

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#78 of 238 Old 09-29-2010, 05:50 PM

Andrew tried to climb out of his crib last night and was getting pretty close to standing on his own.

mom to Andrew   born Feb 6th, already a mom to child with fur; and still missing and still wondering about the lost possibilities Mar 17, 2009
#79 of 238 Old 09-29-2010, 06:47 PM - Thread Starter

Love the skinny jeans! LOL!
Sasha started to army crawl this week, and is pulling up to stand. Things sure are changing fast around here. He learned to drink from a glass (with support) and will ask for it if thirsty. He is also a champion sippy cup user (per daycare - he only started the sippy this week) We're doing solids galore as he hasn't shown any sensitivities yet (just staying away from gluten now, and all refined and artificial stuff of course). He loves avocado and lox.
Love hearing updates on everyone's babies!

sleepytime.gif
#80 of 238 Old 10-08-2010, 10:44 AM

Liam bites all the time when nursing and otherwise...he just loves to sink his little 6 teeth into anything. He is cutting 2 more teeth (8 months on Sunday) though...CAN NOT WAIT UNTIL this stage is DONE!

He is furniture cruising, stands alone, into EVERYTHING and overall a really happy baby. 15 pounds, loves to be carried, etc. There are a few pics on my blog.... www.chezmichaud.blogspot.com if you want to see how freaking adorable he is LOL

I'm transitioning well to going back to a full time at home mom...miss my paycheck though. Money is really tight and we are still in debt from Liam's surgical birth. We are thinking about #4, but want to pay off all the debt first and that will let me heal a bit more.

Overall, everything is good!

A doula who married a cop & became a mama to 3 boys: G 12/22/00, my rainbow baby B 2/2/07 and L 2/10/10 my CBA2V baby, waiting for my little caboose late February 2013 & always remembering my two angels 2006 & 2012.

#81 of 238 Old 10-08-2010, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray's Mommy View Post
Liam bites all the time when nursing and otherwise...he just loves to sink his little 6 teeth into anything. He is cutting 2 more teeth (8 months on Sunday) though...CAN NOT WAIT UNTIL this stage is DONE!

He is furniture cruising, stands alone, into EVERYTHING and overall a really happy baby. 15 pounds, loves to be carried, etc. There are a few pics on my blog.... www.chezmichaud.blogspot.com if you want to see how freaking adorable he is LOL

I'm transitioning well to going back to a full time at home mom...miss my paycheck though. Money is really tight and we are still in debt from Liam's surgical birth. We are thinking about #4, but want to pay off all the debt first and that will let me heal a bit more.

Overall, everything is good!
I enjoyed checking out your blog. Liam is very cute, as are your other children. :-)

Malachi is cutting his 3rd tooth, this one on the top. He mimics us all the time now. He tries to growl like my husband. It's so cute! Also,we've begun teaching him sign language. He's learning to sign "more" and then we'll work on other signs, such as please and thank you. :-)
#82 of 238 Old 11-02-2010, 02:27 PM

is there a new thread and i'm missing it? or are we all just too busy to post?

as for us.... we have a couch walker ... at just under 9 months

mom to Andrew   born Feb 6th, already a mom to child with fur; and still missing and still wondering about the lost possibilities Mar 17, 2009
#83 of 238 Old 11-02-2010, 02:36 PM

I don't think a new thread has started. Hmmm...we must all be very busy!

Malachi is cutting his 5th tooth. He has 2 on bottom and the 3rd one coming in on top. He was born with a cleft lip (repaired at 2 1/2 months) and a cleft alveolar which is a whole or gap in the gum that will need bone grafting surgery when he's between 8-10 years old. We don't know yet if he will get teeth on upper left side of his mouth before he has surgery. He does have his 2 front teeth. He's such a joy and so very smart. He loves to pull up on things and gets around really well. My DH has also taught him to scoot off the bed feet first lying on his belly and holding onto the bed the whole time. It's so funny to see him do this! And it beats him diving for the floor head first.

I hope everyone else's babes are doing great!

ETA: One of the reasons I've been very busy is because Malachi's older sister will be moving in with us full time in just over 2 weeks, and I've been preparing our home for her arrival. It's wonderful that he'll have a full time sibling as part of his day to day life. He loves his sisters so much.
#84 of 238 Old 11-02-2010, 02:42 PM

glad i'm just not missing updates

oh, i am so with you on the trying to dive head first off the bed, the couch, from our arms....

and, we're currently dealing with hard little bites on our shoulders. so far we're using the same "training" we would with a puppy - saying no, and redirecting and giving him an appropriate thing to chew on. but it's not sinking in yet. i'll be damned if the little guy doesn't try to grab my face with both hands and try to hold me still to bite my chin!

#85 of 238 Old 11-02-2010, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catubodua View Post
glad i'm just not missing updates

oh, i am so with you on the trying to dive head first off the bed, the couch, from our arms....

and, we're currently dealing with hard little bites on our shoulders. so far we're using the same "training" we would with a puppy - saying no, and redirecting and giving him an appropriate thing to chew on. but it's not sinking in yet. i'll be damned if the little guy doesn't try to grab my face with both hands and try to hold me still to bite my chin!
My son tortures both my DH and me in different ways. I get the little bites and my hair pulled. My DH gets his beard pulled and his (ouch) nipples pinched! Very weird! My little guy just turned 9 months on the 30th. It sounds like you have a dare devil, too!
#86 of 238 Old 11-02-2010, 03:15 PM

OH MY GOD!

you have no idea how loud i am laughing right now. our son torments my husband's nipples too! if we're all lying in bed and the blanket falls off my DH's chest DS wants to pet them or pinch them, but somehow play with them. drives my DH crazy

our guy will be nine months this saturday .... we have knicknamed him monkey because he will.not.stay.still.ever. and he's constantly pulling himself up on things and trying to figure out a way to climb onto / over something. i think daredevil is the right word!

#87 of 238 Old 11-02-2010, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catubodua View Post
OH MY GOD!

you have no idea how loud i am laughing right now. our son torments my husband's nipples too! if we're all lying in bed and the blanket falls off my DH's chest DS wants to pet them or pinch them, but somehow play with them. drives my DH crazy

our guy will be nine months this saturday .... we have knicknamed him monkey because he will.not.stay.still.ever. and he's constantly pulling himself up on things and trying to figure out a way to climb onto / over something. i think daredevil is the right word!
WOW, I think my husband thought he was the only dad that happened to! It's funny, I nurse DS and he never pinches my nipples. He will just reach very quickly, grab my husband's nipple and pinch hard. My husband will even have a shirt on often times and my son doesn't even have to look. He just knows exactly where to grab and pinch.
#88 of 238 Old 11-04-2010, 04:36 PM

I was thinking about this thread the other day and thinking it's almost time to start a ddc babies turn 1 thread! Eek!

Skylar is just over 10 months now and seems so grown up! She's about 23lbs and quite tall. Cruising around furniture for awhile now and the last month or so love to push things and walk behind them. Until they start going too fast and she falls on her belly We've had some real nighttime sleep challenges in terms of me not getting enough uninterrupted sleep. She wakes SO often some nights - falls back asleep easily after nursing but it's hard on me. I'm considering night weaning in the new year (at around 13 months)...but I'll see how we go. I also don't have af yet and we would like to start on #2 next spring so night weaning may help get my fertility started again....we'll see. Are there others who don't have af back yet?

Here are some photos of Skylar in her Halloween costume. We didn't go trick or treating but had fun visiting friends

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#89 of 238 Old 11-04-2010, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmen358 View Post
I was thinking about this thread the other day and thinking it's almost time to start a ddc babies turn 1 thread! Eek!

Skylar is just over 10 months now and seems so grown up! She's about 23lbs and quite tall. Cruising around furniture for awhile now and the last month or so love to push things and walk behind them. Until they start going too fast and she falls on her belly We've had some real nighttime sleep challenges in terms of me not getting enough uninterrupted sleep. She wakes SO often some nights - falls back asleep easily after nursing but it's hard on me. I'm considering night weaning in the new year (at around 13 months)...but I'll see how we go. I also don't have af yet and we would like to start on #2 next spring so night weaning may help get my fertility started again....we'll see. Are there others who don't have af back yet?

Here are some photos of Skylar in her Halloween costume. We didn't go trick or treating but had fun visiting friends
Cute! Love the Halloween pics!
#90 of 238 Old 11-19-2010, 08:48 AM

Hi, all.  It's so nice to catch up with you again!

Griffin is doing well.  Crawling, pulling up, eating anything within reach (including the dog hair/dust bunnies - blech!).  My daughter is still over the moon with him and he with her.  It's so lovely to hear them in the backseat while I drive - talking and laughing.  LOVE them!

What's everybody giving the newbies for holiday gifts?

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page