January 2010 babies - it's been half a year. How are you? - Page 8 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#211 of 238 Old 02-08-2011, 10:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

It seriously wasn't hard, i bought a 3d cake mold lol

Unassisted birthing, atheist, poly, bi WOHM to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wes (14) Seth (7) Pandora Moonlilly (2) and Nevermore Stargazer (11/2012)  Married to awesome SAH DH.

#212 of 238 Old 02-08-2011, 05:22 PM

Happy birthday to all the babes!  Sharlla, that's such a cute cake!

Mawood, thankfully I've never had a milk blister.  It sounds pretty horrible!  Hopefully that's your only experience with one.  Are you having any pain now?  Ethan goes 8-9 hour stretches during the day while I'm at work.  The first week or so I had a bit of engorgement, but not a lot.  No engorgement now, but I definitely try to get him to nurse as soon as I get home.  

#213 of 238 Old 02-09-2011, 11:45 AM

Thanks devasma. I feel better now. I think if I would have intervened earlier it wouldn't have gotten so bad. 8-9 hours stretches would definitely engorge me. We still nurse a lot - just because I am around and Olivia doesn't eat so well and nurses for the naps. I try to be more consistent in offering the food and keep up a positive attitude about it. I know she will eat eventually. I work on Saturdays but the longest is a 4-5 hours stretch only. 

Mom to Olivia Marlene, raising bilingual: German & English 
#214 of 238 Old 02-09-2011, 01:02 PM - Thread Starter

Sitting at work today after nursing DS in the morning and feeling really engorged. Sigh. I think I may have to keep pumping (but I don't want to!!!). I really don't want my supply to drop at night either. Has anyone been able to provide LO with enough milk after they stopped nursing during the day?
Sasha is doing better with solids but he luuvres to nurse. I'm really hoping that my attempts to sneak butter and coconut oil into him pay off at the weight check.
Sharlla - the cake is awesome! Happy birthday Panda!

sleepytime.gif
#215 of 238 Old 02-09-2011, 05:48 PM

I haven't found my supply to suffer at all since returning to work.  I work 32-40 hours a week, 8.5 hour shifts (with commute time, it's about 9 hours away).  I don't always work the same hours - some days are 5am-1:30, 8-4:30 or 11:30-8, so maybe the varying hours are why I haven't noticed a difference.  On my days off, Ethan nurses on demand, probably every few hours.  I'm really too lazy to pump at work, although I had intended to.  I am very surprised that af hasn't returned yet, I was expecting it soon after starting work.  He does nurse a bunch at night still, so maybe that's a contributing factor?

#216 of 238 Old 02-10-2011, 10:22 PM

WE DID IT!!  We made it to our first birthday today! It was lovely, just family & Liam. He did great until I put a hat on his head. LOL

I think I am one of the last on the January mamas that had babies in Februrary~still can't believe he was 2 weeks "late". Still have baby fever and we are thinking about #4. Not acting on it yet, but thinking-hee hee.

Overall, we are doing well and I am so happy that we survived!! Looking forward to the adventurous ones~

A doula who married a cop & became a mama to 3 boys: G 12/22/00, my rainbow baby B 2/2/07 and L 2/10/10 my CBA2V baby, waiting for my little caboose late February 2013 & always remembering my two angels 2006 & 2012.

#217 of 238 Old 02-11-2011, 08:50 AM

Congratulations Gray's Mommy!!!

Wow, thinking about # 4. That is great. I always wanted more than one child but feel so overwhelmed at times that I can't imagine having another baby just from my lack of imagination what days and night would be like caring for two. We are talking though as we are kind of later parents anyways and couldn't wait too long. How big of a difference was having the second baby? I feel with co sleeping and breastfeeding on demand (as Olivia is not eating well and started very late) I wouldn't have the ressources right now to be pregnant again...besides the fact that there has been little to none opportunity to even become pregnant. I still feel "touched out" I guess. But seriously I would love to hear some feed back on having another baby. My friends in Germany who have multiple children pretty much weaned between 12-14 months and have their kids in their cribs at least for the beginning of the night. I think I posted earlier that I still nurse to sleep and the falling asleep can take a long time sometimes. How would I do it with two...

#218 of 238 Old 02-11-2011, 02:08 PM - Thread Starter

I'm definitely getting baby fever here and seriously considering TTC #2. I think ideally I'd get knocked up around this summer but if it happens earlier I won't panic. orngbiggrin.gif

sleepytime.gif
#219 of 238 Old 02-11-2011, 05:00 PM

I think Liam might be the latest one, and i think Andrew might be 2nd to last!  :)

the getting pregnant again topic is always rough on me.  we tried for several years so i ended up preggers with my first later than i had planned.  so, now i found myself a first time mom at 40 and i'm struggling with the idea of having another.  i'm 41 now, and i'd probably be 42 before he/she was born and that's IF we could get pregnant again.  we've had unprotected sex during "fertile days" a few times already and nothing, just like before.  i think it might be easier on my mind to decide not to have another vs trying and trying again.

but, having said all that, i hate the thought of our little guy being an only.  i'd love for him to have a little brother!

mom to Andrew   born Feb 6th, already a mom to child with fur; and still missing and still wondering about the lost possibilities Mar 17, 2009
#220 of 238 Old 02-12-2011, 12:59 PM

Everyone's 1st bday pics are adorable. I'll add mine to the mix. As far as having another one, I am 98% sure Emma is our last. She is a great baby, she loves to dance, she's very verbal (even though we can't understand her yet)  and she's into everything!

052.JPG

#221 of 238 Old 02-12-2011, 04:47 PM

Just figured out how to do this. So this is Olivia on her birthday :)

CIMG2656_0016.jpg

#222 of 238 Old 02-12-2011, 08:31 PM

So grown up! And adorable :)

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#223 of 238 Old 02-13-2011, 09:46 AM

I love seeing all the babies! So big and extra sweet. smile.gif

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#224 of 238 Old 02-13-2011, 06:47 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Mawood, yes I totally have had the milk blisters and they suck!  I have had really bad ones twice and it is just awful.  It always seems to happen around when DS is teething. Don't know, I think he changes his suck for a bit and then goes back to normal.

As far as baby number two....I am starting to really think about it and plan.  I know that I don't want my kids too far apart but I really do not want to be nursing two at a time if it is possible.  I want to give DS the chance to nurse as long as he wants, but I also don't really want kids more than three years apart....so, I might be nursing two at a time or one while pregnant.  I have just had a really hard time keeping my calories up and it is really hard for me to grasp that his nursing will drastically change in the next six months.  I guess where I am is that I really want the second one, would love to go ahead and get pg but I am not sure it is the right thing for my body or DS right now so we will reassess in the next year.  So much goes into having a baby it is weird for me to think about having a second one practically speaking but we want a lot of kids, biological and adopted and we don't want to wait until we are older.

Pictures of babies are cute! I would write more but DS just fell asleep with DH and he needs the room!

married to my love , in love with MJ born 1/18/10 and PJ born 4/6/12 waterbirth.jpg and now due with a surprise 11/14!
#225 of 238 Old 02-14-2011, 10:29 AM

Ahhh, that explains it. My daughter is heavily teething and I had another milk blister this weekend :( Olivia is getting all four molars plus the incisors right now, poor little baby! And this morning she woke up with a big old runny nose and the sniffles on top of it....

I think if we are going for another baby we will start TTC by the end of this year around Olivia's second birthday. I loved being pregnant and the first baby year but we don't have much support since we have no family or close friends around to support us through the first months. It is all on us which worked fine with Olivia but I am wondering how it would work with another little one especially since my DP works a lot of hours and weekends. We'll see. I am sure we would manage somehow. For us it might be a possibility to move back to Germany altogether. that would be my dream :)

#226 of 238 Old 02-15-2011, 12:21 PM

I got my first postpartum AF last month! I was surprised because DD is still nursing up a storm. I've started tracking my cycles and if I am indeed fertile again we will start trying for #2 with the same donor in April-ish :)

#227 of 238 Old 02-15-2011, 05:15 PM

I got my first postpartum  AF today at 13 months!! So we are thinking of starting for number 2 in the spring or beginning of summer. I don't want them to far apart but I also don't want my DD to wean...I wish I could just nurse through my pregnancy and then tandem, like my mom did with my two younger sisters...That's the only thing stopping me from TTC right now....nursing.....I love it and so does shejoy.gif

Memz, with mylove.gif and mommy  of babygirl.gif born 01/17/10 and 3 cat.gif familybed1.gifsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.gif

***4** *8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**stork-boy.gif40

#228 of 238 Old 02-16-2011, 07:45 PM

We had our 12 month well baby visit today...a month late.  Anyway, the Dr was super cool and basically asked if I wanted to vax or not just so she can put it in his record so she doesn't ask all the time.  No pressure at all, it was nice.  Then she did the whole check up thing, DS didn't even flinch for the blood finger stick.  So the thing I am wrestling with now is that she found a heart murmur.  She said it was small but she wants us to go to a cardiologist.  I am going to call tomorrow.  I guess I am just bummed and don't really even know what that means?  Does it mean anything?  It is hard to think of my little boy not being perfect or possibly not able to do everything he wants.  I just don't know how I feel about it right now.  Anyone have experience?  In any case, here are his stats: 23.2lbs, 32in, and his head is in 90%ile- no shocker there :)   

He has really started to get proud of his walking, today he was walking as fast as he could from one end of the carpet to the other and then turning.  Too cute.

Hope everyone is doing well!

married to my love , in love with MJ born 1/18/10 and PJ born 4/6/12 waterbirth.jpg and now due with a surprise 11/14!
#229 of 238 Old 02-16-2011, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by memz View Post

I got my first postpartum  AF today at 13 months!! So we are thinking of starting for number 2 in the spring or beginning of summer. I don't want them to far apart but I also don't want my DD to wean...I wish I could just nurse through my pregnancy and then tandem, like my mom did with my two younger sisters...That's the only thing stopping me from TTC right now....nursing.....I love it and so does shejoy.gif

We are on the same cycle apparently ;) Why do you have to stop nursing for a second pregnancy? I'm asking because I'm assuming I can because I definitely don't want to wean DD yet....! I'm paranoid about it so just honestly curious about your reasons!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flavorfull1 View Post

We had our 12 month well baby visit today...a month late.  Anyway, the Dr was super cool and basically asked if I wanted to vax or not just so she can put it in his record so she doesn't ask all the time.  No pressure at all, it was nice.  Then she did the whole check up thing, DS didn't even flinch for the blood finger stick.  So the thing I am wrestling with now is that she found a heart murmur.  She said it was small but she wants us to go to a cardiologist.  I am going to call tomorrow.  I guess I am just bummed and don't really even know what that means?  Does it mean anything?  It is hard to think of my little boy not being perfect or possibly not able to do everything he wants.  I just don't know how I feel about it right now.  Anyone have experience?  In any case, here are his stats: 23.2lbs, 32in, and his head is in 90%ile- no shocker there :)   

He has really started to get proud of his walking, today he was walking as fast as he could from one end of the carpet to the other and then turning.  Too cute.

Sorry to hear this is causing you some concern. I would wait and see what the cardio says....my best friend has a heart murmur and it has never impacted his life!

#230 of 238 Old 02-17-2011, 12:45 AM

Hey mamas,

Another Jan '10 mama who dropped off the boards for a while after DS2 was born. He turned one on Jan 29th, he walks (is trying to run) has started to climb, loves to throw and kick balls with his big brother, talks CONSTANTLY (although we don't know what he says) loves to "sing" tunelessly and is generally a joyful, amazing baby. Ok, toddler. It's so fun to see everyone's pictures! They all look so grown up!!

As for TTCing, I would LOVE a third, but am nervous about being spread too thin as parents, as well as in terms of resources (space, money, etc.). DH and I have decided to table the conversation for at least another year, as we prefer bigger spacing between kids, around 3 years. But how do you make the leap to add a 3rd? It's hard enough to balance everyone's needs right now-- for those of you who already have 3, what was adding the 3rd into the mix like? Easier? Harder? I know we would never regret having another baby, but I worry that everyone would be a little shortchanged in terms of attention, time etc....

Also, neither of my children are good sleepers. DS2 is still up at least 3 times a night, although he does sleep the first part of the night in his crib. On really bad nights we're rocking him back to sleep for an hour at 3 or 4 am. It kinda stinks and it definitely puts a damper on the "let's have another kid" thing.

Anyway, great to catch up with everyone!

#231 of 238 Old 02-17-2011, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flavorfull1 View Post

So sorry to hear that. Hope everything will work out fine for your DS. 

#232 of 238 Old 02-17-2011, 04:27 PM

That's the thing I don't want to wean yet and for a lot of women their milk dry up in the first or second trimester when they get pregnant.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmen358 View Post

We are on the same cycle apparently ;) Why do you have to stop nursing for a second pregnancy? I'm asking because I'm assuming I can because I definitely don't want to wean DD yet....! I'm paranoid about it so just honestly curious about your reasons!

Memz, with mylove.gif and mommy  of babygirl.gif born 01/17/10 and 3 cat.gif familybed1.gifsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.gif

***4** *8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**stork-boy.gif40

#233 of 238 Old 02-26-2011, 06:46 PM

Feeling really weird right now about the birth of my niece today.  I am not very close to my SIL so it is odd to have such a big event happen and not really be all up in her business :)  I think a lot of the emotions are just about my own issues. I wish I was back with friends and family where we would probably be TTC #2.  I don't want to be pregnant right now, for real, but I am starting to really think about it and wish my body was more healed.  I hate that I had to push for almost 5 hours for DS's birth.  It makes me feel like I didn't do a good job or did it wrong.  My body still has pain from the pushing- my tail bone is just wrecked.  I think I am just ranting and mad that I don't feel 100% and that I am not living the life I thought I would be right now.  

The other reason why I am all emotional about everything is that DS had a super high fever- like 103-104 since Tuesday and it is so stressful to have a sick kid.  I am literally at my wits end trying to make sure he is ok and yet I am sad I am not trying to have another.  Serious lack of perspective here.  I blame it on the sleep deprivation and pregnant ladies walking around.  DS seems to be better this afternoon which is important so that Monday we can go to the cardiologist.  Thanks for reading my pity party/rant.

#234 of 238 Old 02-27-2011, 07:23 AM - Thread Starter

Flavorfull - hug.gif
Hope your LO feels better soon.

sleepytime.gif
#235 of 238 Old 02-28-2011, 09:20 PM

Quick post before I go to bed, 1) feeling better, thanks for reading smile.gif 2) heart murmur is "innocent" so no problems and kid has been cleared for cage fighting and wrestling (cardiologist's words, not mine) and 3) DS had roseola, rash started last night and we are at or over 48 hrs fever free, yay! Things are definitely looking up, DS actually slept for 2.5 hrs for a nap this afternoon and that gave me some very needed rest and down time. Now I have to head to bed or it will all be wasted!

#236 of 238 Old 03-01-2011, 09:55 AM

Just a small update for those who are interested -

My son was evaluated by the Birth to 3 folks and they see three delays – fine motor control, expressive language and his feeding issues.  I’m waiting on another call from them to get our goals and action plan set up and to have them start working with him.

We’re also scheduled for a feeding evaluation tomorrow at a local children’s hospital feeding program.    So, hopefully things will get rolling soon.  We’re still in the same place we were – no “real” food.

mom to Andrew   born Feb 6th, already a mom to child with fur; and still missing and still wondering about the lost possibilities Mar 17, 2009
#237 of 238 Old 03-01-2011, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catubodua View Post

Just a small update for those who are interested -

My son was evaluated by the Birth to 3 folks and they see three delays – fine motor control, expressive language and his feeding issues.  I’m waiting on another call from them to get our goals and action plan set up and to have them start working with him.

We’re also scheduled for a feeding evaluation tomorrow at a local children’s hospital feeding program.    So, hopefully things will get rolling soon.  We’re still in the same place we were – no “real” food.

I hope this is successful for you both! Good luck hug.gif

flavorfull, great news!! Cage fighting is such a great career choice it would have been a shame to have that ruled out as a possibility lol

Someone started a new january 2010 thread in the toddler forum!

#238 of 238 Old 03-01-2011, 02:32 PM

Wow, we have toddlers now....

@ flavorful That is great news. What a relief for you and your family. You must be thrilled.

@ catubodua Good luck with the evaluation. I would be interested how the feeding evaluation went if you want to share.Olivia just started eating a couple weeks ago and hadn't been interested in eating real foods for a long time either. I wasn't so worried as I am a Speech Therapist (from Germany though-it is slightly different than here and that's why I would be interested) myself and I didn't see any other indicators for developmental delays. My husband has a lot of food allergies and we were relating it to that.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page