FEB 2010 August thread - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-01-2010, 02:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
CIO...there are variations of it. Sometimes it really is very sad.

A few months back, Juju was sleeping throught the night (totally her choice) in her pack-n-play next to my bed, but with our supply issues I really NEED her to stay next to me all night; she nurses more and better when she is groggy.

Encountered something new: Juju has two bottom teeth now, and a CUT on her top gums from one of the bottom teeth! Ouch!!

UPDATE! That bloody cut on her top gums is actually a THIRD TOOTH! Heck the heck? I never saw teeth come in so fast! The first tooth came in only Aug 18th!

Tamara: Aspiring doula, partner to Brazilian musician, mom to THREE GIRLIES!
(4/01, 6/07, & 12/09)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2010, 04:08 PM

Katie, I know that there are some people that believe that after 6 months of age babies do not need to eat overnight if they are getting enough to eat during the day. And there are so many versions of "CIO" and "sleep training" out there...

Since Caleb is now on bottles we do the "binky test" here because I found sometimes he'd suck two sips and go right back to sleep, and we'd have a wasted bottle. So if he starts to fuss I try putting the binky in him and making sure he's still covered. If he was just stirring, he goes right back to sleep. If he's actually hungry, he either doesn't take the binky or wakes up again 5 minutes later, and at that point I go and make a bottle. He is still all over the place as to whether he needs a bottle or not - a couple of nights last week he slept 10 hours and didn't even make a sound, and this week he's been up every two or so...

Nicole, Mommy to Jasmine (7/05) , Athena (2/07) , Shane (3/08) , Caleb (1/10), and 2 angels (4/06 & 4/09)
Old 09-01-2010, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole730 View Post
aramat - that's a tough decision. I think I'd go with the Kindle though, because I know I'd use it all the time. I only work out in spurts.
I totally agree. I have a Wii Fit, and we use it a little, but if I had a Kindle I know I would use it ALL THE TIME. My mom has a Nook and my Aunt has an iPad and they both (emphatically) LOVE the e-reader thing. Both are big readers and were reluctant to give up "real" books. I think I'm getting a Nook for christmas according to my mom....my husband is reluctant, but I can't wait!

Chessa , mama to Silas T (6/06) , wife to Chad . Welcome August Emerson! 2/8/10
Old 09-01-2010, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeta View Post
I totally agree. I have a Wii Fit, and we use it a little, but if I had a Kindle I know I would use it ALL THE TIME. My mom has a Nook and my Aunt has an iPad and they both (emphatically) LOVE the e-reader thing. Both are big readers and were reluctant to give up "real" books. I think I'm getting a Nook for christmas according to my mom....my husband is reluctant, but I can't wait!
Good to know that the Wii isn't magic... I would be upset if I passed up a Kindle for the Wii and then didn't use it!

-------

Link to the new (Sept) thread: http://mothering.com/discussions/sho....php?t=1258526

Tamara: Aspiring doula, partner to Brazilian musician, mom to THREE GIRLIES!
(4/01, 6/07, & 12/09)
Old 09-01-2010, 07:05 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aramat View Post
Nicole, Caleb is such a cutie!

Ninetales, I would be upset about the wedding, too!

Ladies, my birthday is coming up, and it's an important number, so I am going to force my husband to get me something really cool from the US, but I can't choose which one: Wii Fit or Amazon Kindle? Kindle b/c I can't get English books easily here, or Wii Fit b/c I freaking hate repetitive, boring exercise? Hmmmmm...
The Kindle! ...seems like it would be super useful for you! As far as exercise goes...blah!

Sara - Mum to C (10/02) ; m/c 10/07; 7/08; 3/09; Lucy Olive Feb 28, 2010 !
Old 09-01-2010, 08:36 PM - Thread Starter

Link to our new thread:

http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1258526

Mama to Elsa Louise: 2/10, 13lbs 8 oz  energy.gifand Oscar Allen: 7/12, 13lbs 8 oz  babyboy.gif

User Tag List