Mothering Forum banner

What will your babe be for Halloween?

1K views 23 replies 23 participants last post by  tzs 
#1 ·
I'm not super into Halloween, but have started thinking how cute it will be to dress up my then-6 month old. My husband wants her to be a little tiny baker, what are you thinking of??

#2 ·
V will be almost 11 months, and we're leaning heavily towards Baby Gaga, though I'll have to do a test-run to see if she'll keep the little baby wig and makeup and sunglasses on!

#6 ·
We already have a cute little pumpkin costume my oldest wore at this age, so I think she will wear that, and I will wear my pumpkin t-shirt I made last year when pg with her.

#12 ·
My original plan was we would both be faeries. a faerie is my fall-back costume and I could make it in my sleep.

BUT, my sister came up with a better suggestion. I'm going to get a very 80s looking outfit (which shouldn't be difficult since the 80s are back), and figure out some natural way to spike and/or color her natural mohawk (any suggestions?), then I'm going to scrunch some babylegs for leg warmers, and give her a cardboard keytar or double-necked guitar. 80s rocker chick baby.

#15 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ErinYay View Post
V will be almost 11 months, and we're leaning heavily towards Baby Gaga, though I'll have to do a test-run to see if she'll keep the little baby wig and makeup and sunglasses on!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhiOrion View Post
...and figure out some natural way to spike and/or color her natural mohawk (any suggestions?)
Berries. Some berries stain pretty badly and I imagine would make pretty good hair dye. Blueberries or blackberries for instance might give her a good purple. Blackberries are in season right now, so you could go pick some and toss them in your freezer for later.

#19 ·
I always have ds on my back these days.. if we go to any parties I'm going to dress him as a monkey and wear him on my back and carry around a moonshine jug (actually a beer jug that says "big ass bottle of beer" from a brewery). monkey on my back
kind of in poor taste but our friends would think it funny

#23 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhiOrion View Post
BUT, my sister came up with a better suggestion. I'm going to get a very 80s looking outfit (which shouldn't be difficult since the 80s are back), and figure out some natural way to spike and/or color her natural mohawk (any suggestions?), then I'm going to scrunch some babylegs for leg warmers, and give her a cardboard keytar or double-necked guitar. 80s rocker chick baby.
Nice...

for the hair... any bar soap (obviously something gentle for a baby) should do the trick for the mohawk fan (I used to use it on my own). Just take it in one hand and little water in the other, hold em together flat and pull the hair up between them.

For color, if you want semipermanent, Manic Panic is supposed to be so gentle you can dye pets with it, so i'd think it's likely ok for little ones, but it won't wash out right away. I have no idea what's in the spray on temporary kind, but i'd look into that or hair mascara. Also depending on how light her hair is naturally, you could try jello or cool aid (a lot of my friends did that in middle school before we discovered manic panic and a bunch of other semipermanents) but that also will not wash out immediately.

#24 ·
yep...i was going to say kool aid for the mohawk. that's what we used to do during the big junior high rebellion days.

i'm loving the ideas!
we don't do halloween but do do purim (the "jewish halloween" as mccain described it in a moment of multicultural um.....idiocy???) which is in the spring so i get to mooch off all your awesome ideas and clearance costumes. last year we were wonderwoman at one party and a flower at another.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...&ref=fbx_album

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.