Check the New Thread! - April 2010 Mamas - Page 9 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#241 of 255 Old 09-05-2010, 08:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Carita -- Sounds like how Sprout started! We're still semi-EC'ing over here. He goes on the potty on waking, maybe 10-15 minutes after that, after nursing, before we leave the house, and anytime he's unexplainably fussy. I'd say we catch 3/4 of the pees? We use about the same amount of diapers because we end up checking his diaper so often, we'll change it when it has just one pee in it. But it means he's not sitting in pee, which he seems to appreciate.

One interesting thing -- we have 3 styles of potty around here. We've been using one nearly all of the time, until Nugget started getting upset about it and having a potty regression. So we started putting Sprout on another style -- and he won't always pee on it! Like this morning, I put him on the "squishy" potty, and he wouldn't go. I moved him over to the "hard" potty, and he went!

Jen, former sys admin and current geek , wife to DH , SAHM and Montessori homeschool teacher to DD "Nugget" (05/07) and new arrival DS "Sprout" (03/31/10)
#242 of 255 Old 09-05-2010, 10:13 AM

well so far i've only been experimenting this weekend, but I am wondering from the ECers - do your kids PL early? can you confirm that - because that would be a total clincher for me. i think my DCP would EC if we asked her too, ut I would have to make the commitment on my end as well, YKIM?

~ Professor Mama to Gabito (July '07) & Danita (April '10) ~
A PhD = + +
#243 of 255 Old 09-05-2010, 11:30 AM

I was thinking ECing wasn't going to make a difference in PL here because Leyla didn't seem to care about wet diapers. If we caught a pee it was just a coincidence that she had to pee at the exact moment she was on the potty. But lately she's been holding her pee in the morning until I potty her so maybe she's starting to make the connection. I need to step up and start offering her the potty more though if that's the case. It's hard right now because my FIL is visiting from Turkey for a month so I've been busy playing hostess and we've been out a lot. I haven't tried to potty Leyla out of the house yet and I'm not sure how that will go because at home I put her on a potty insert and I don't know if she'll go if I just cue her while holding her. I'm hoping she does PL early because I would love to avoid as many of the stinky solid food diapers as I can

Organic gardening, raising, SAHM to my precious baby girl Leyla, born 4/29/10, ten days late and after 32 hours of labor but well worth the wait!
#244 of 255 Old 09-05-2010, 01:21 PM

Another ECing question here. I've caught a few pees on the adult potty just because the bath was filling up and I knew she had to go. This morning I tried to catch her morning poops but she was so sleepy she got really upset with me holding her there, so no go. I'm thinking of getting a little potty and really trying (casually) and seeing what happens!
However, S is a BIG grump in the mornings because she has to pee and poop as soon as the sun rises, but is still fast asleep. So she starts wiggling and crying in her sleep, because she wants to keep sleeping but has to go. I have to help her wake up enough to go, and if I am not super gentle or try to rush her, she gets very upset. Anyone have a similar babe? I want to try ECing her in the mornings, but worry that if I bust her diaper off in time for her to go she'll melt down...
It's frustrating that the whole reason she seems to have to wake up in the early mornings is to go to the bathroom, and neither she nor I wants to wake up!
#245 of 255 Old 09-05-2010, 06:10 PM

Ada wakes up around 7 every single morning to potty, but she doesn't like to wake up either a lot of times. She just squirms and fusses and wakes me up, so I gently uncover her and rub her belly while whispering to her, then while she's on the little potty I rub my cheek against hers and snuggle her. It seems to help!

Lately Ada uses 2-5 diapers per day. We change it every time she pees.

We went to visit friends 3 hours away yesterday and Ada screamed hysterically for an hour there and an hour back. I felt so bad, she wouldn't calm down for anything. When we stopped she would be ok, but then start screaming as soon as we put her back in the seat.

Ada is growing so much more hair now! Her baldy head is slowly filling in! Her hair is very coarse, I wonder if it will be curly. My hair is the same texture, so I think it must be my genes...

Momma to Sweet Rosie 7/06, Lost Baby J 1/09 at 12 weeks pregnant, Spitfire Ada born 4/21/10, and Baby Boy due July/August 2013!
Aspiring urban homesteader, photographer, homeschooling momma! Blog link in my profile. 

#246 of 255 Old 09-05-2010, 07:14 PM

hey guys! I have an April babe as well! We didn't have a computer while I was pregnant so I couldn't hang out in the ddc post buuut he's 5 months today! Maxwell Cohen, born April 5, 2010. He's been super fussy pretty much since...always, haha. Its crazy around here and my house is a filthy disaster but I sure do love hanging out with my little man!

femalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gif crafty Mama to Maxwell, born April 5, 2010 and partner & best friend to Dan <3

#247 of 255 Old 09-05-2010, 09:15 PM

welcome liz! i grew up near prov - i still have fam there. do you live in the city?

pepper - what is it with girls? my son would practically see a carseat and be out, but dani is miss picky and rather hates the seat unless she's too tired to protest and falls asleep. which automatically leaves driving more than an hour or so out of the question. but at least she goes to bed easy enough - much easier than my son. i guess i'll take the trade. but it does make me feel a bit trapped.

EC - i caught a poop after pm nap!!! woohoo! but i haven't really been trying to do it all day, just after naps.

any nfl fans? just had my fantasy draft tonight. we cut the budget and canceled cable and bought an antenna and the games have not been coming in great. so i've missed a lot and i drafted 2 people that were on injured reserve! ugh. anyway - worst part was that dani never took her late pm nap and was insisting on feeding the whole draft. poor kid! poor boob! after the draft i figured out it must be teething, so i grabbed an ice teether from the freezer and after 10 min of that, nursed her again, now she's out like a light.

A PhD = + +
#248 of 255 Old 09-06-2010, 12:27 AM

Ugh, I think I am getting my first cold post-pregnancy... I'm grateful I've been healthy this long, but I'm feeling really crappy. Sore throat, massive headache, even more tired and run down than usual.
I know that there are colds going around, and I've been exposed to several mild viruses through friends, family, etc, lately. But I've also had canker/ cancher (sp?) sores in my mouth this week, and a friend just told me that she and her 3 year old fell ill after being exposed to hand, foot, and mouth disease (!) which can result in mouth sores and a sore throat. EW!
S seems fine so far (fingers crossed she doesn't come down with whatever I have), and even if it is hand, foot and mouth, there's no real danger, it's just a crummy virus. But apparently it is contagious even after it clears up for a few weeks, AND I hung out with 15 other babies and their parents today before I started feeling cruddy. I almost want to tell them, but it's too late, right, no good that would do except to make them feel paranoid?
Off to bed... stupid summer cold.
#249 of 255 Old 09-06-2010, 08:08 PM

[QUOTE=Carita;15811291]welcome liz! i grew up near prov - i still have fam there. do you live in the city?
yes! i live in the armory district. i like it for now but we plan on looking for a house elsewhere.

femalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gif crafty Mama to Maxwell, born April 5, 2010 and partner & best friend to Dan <3

#250 of 255 Old 09-06-2010, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsh7809 View Post
Ugh, I think I am getting my first cold post-pregnancy... I'm grateful I've been healthy this long, but I'm feeling really crappy. Sore throat, massive headache, even more tired and run down than usual.
I know that there are colds going around, and I've been exposed to several mild viruses through friends, family, etc, lately. But I've also had canker/ cancher (sp?) sores in my mouth this week, and a friend just told me that she and her 3 year old fell ill after being exposed to hand, foot, and mouth disease (!) which can result in mouth sores and a sore throat. EW!
S seems fine so far (fingers crossed she doesn't come down with whatever I have), and even if it is hand, foot and mouth, there's no real danger, it's just a crummy virus. But apparently it is contagious even after it clears up for a few weeks, AND I hung out with 15 other babies and their parents today before I started feeling cruddy. I almost want to tell them, but it's too late, right, no good that would do except to make them feel paranoid?
Off to bed... stupid summer cold.
You're on the west coast right? No chance you and I are coming down with the same thing right? Then why do I have the same symptoms. I was just telling my DH that I feel a canker sore coming on in my mouth and I've been feeling crummy too. Sore throat, sniffles, headache and tired. My second postpartum cold though.

Organic gardening, raising, SAHM to my precious baby girl Leyla, born 4/29/10, ten days late and after 32 hours of labor but well worth the wait!
#251 of 255 Old 09-07-2010, 09:51 AM

Catching up on some older posts I forgot to respond to...

LNf - good to note about the kids thing. I have always bruised rather easily and my son also. I never even thought anyone would think child abuse because he is a very active 3 yo boy, but you are right. Though, it may well not be EDS, it may not hurt to look into it.

SCG - is it that lactase or whatever? dani won't take my frozen bottles very well. especially if its been in the fridge a few days before freezing.

Pepper - another "mum" talking baby! Dani has a good nature too and thinks her brother is hilarious.

Teething - I had to massage her gums for 15 minlast night to get her happy enough to nurse and go to sleep. poor girl!

Liz - cool, i know the gteneral area... my sis works near the mall.

okay - got to work... ugh - brain feels foggy after the long weekend...

A PhD = + +
#252 of 255 Old 09-07-2010, 04:40 PM

I'm feeling the pain of the mommies who get no sleep.

Ben started going to bed around 9pm, but now wakes at about 1am and gets up every two hours from then on! Sometimes up for an hour at a stretch. I nurse him, since I figure it's hunger, but I know his gums are bothering him, too.

He also does an awful lot of kicking and tossing in his sleep. Anyone experiencing that?

We haven't introduced cereal or other food yet (he's 4.5 months old), but I'm thinking he needs something to get him through the night. Thoughts?

Welcome to Benjamin Zephyr, born at home with love on April 24, 2010!
#253 of 255 Old 09-10-2010, 10:49 PM

Hi everyone! It's been FOREVER since I've posted (well, about 6 months anyway). Astrid is a sweet perfect lovable little girl. Oh and she keeps me busy for about 20 hr per day. The other hours I attempt sleep. Hence the lack of posting. But lately (hoping not to jinx it) she's been giving me a little time at night before bed and an occasional self entertained moment here and there during the day, so maybe, just maybe I can get back on the wagon. The thread wagon, that is. I miss hanging out with the ddc and hearing how everyone is doing!
I haven't had time to do more than skim some posts but I hope everyone is well.
Oh and a few random pics for fun

Shanti- treehugger.gif Momma to Astrid Mathildestillheart.gif (3/14/10) and expecting a new addition stork-suprise.gif (3/27/12)!

#254 of 255 Old 09-27-2010, 02:33 AM

Hey, where'd everyone go? I figured this thread would be like gazillion pages long. I missed you ladies. And those of you posting on facebook, you rock! I love seeing cute babies and reading updates.

We are doing well over here, can't believe it's going to be half a year next month! Ah, I feel nostalgic for being preggos now and having a brand new babe. He is 18 lbs of chunk now and despite being a very easy going baby seemingly at first, now he demands all of my attention. Seriously!

Lena , wife to best friend Joe , mommy to my two sweetie pies, DS1 born 7.7.07 and DS2 just arrived 4.17.10
#255 of 255 Old 09-27-2010, 08:28 AM

We've got a new thread! Pop over!

Jen, former sys admin and current geek , wife to DH , SAHM and Montessori homeschool teacher to DD "Nugget" (05/07) and new arrival DS "Sprout" (03/31/10)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page