Forum Jump: 

#1 of 255 Old 08-25-2010, 02:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

WELCOME
TO THE APRIL 2010
DDC IN LWAB!

It's wonderful to be able to continue to chat with mamas we know here in LWAB, and we hope anyone who has been part of our DDC at any time will join in whenever you can. We also welcome other moms of babies born at the same time, just help us get to know you.

Below is a list of us mamas and our little ones, as well as some extra info.
Please feel free to have this edited any time by posting your request in this thread in bold.

For now we will be a weekly thread. In the future we can lengthen the time of our threads as needed.

erickalynne, Jennings, 2/11, single mom to 2, Jennings born at 32 weeks by emergency c/s due to placental abruption

Amandamanda, Adam, 3/2, (had my dates wrong in the beginning and was actually due in march - hung out here 'cause i liked you all! )

Peace+Hope, Charlie, 3/25, late-onset Pre-E, induction at 37 weeks, no pain meds! grieving my home birth... maybe next time?

NH Mom, Charlie, 3/27

Oliver's Mama, Eli, 3/27/10

jenfl, Sprout, 3/31, home water birth, transfer at birth+10 hours, forced 3 day NICU stay for Sprout (and I) because of doctors practicing defensive medicine, ongoing breastfeeding issues due to tongue tie and high palate

Ivymae, Rebecca Joy, 4/1, Home water birth

rolenta, Naomi, 4/2

MaterPrimaePuellae, V, 4/4/2010

Cecilia'sMama, Cecilia, 4/6, high BP at 38 weeks, avoided c-section!

finn'smama, Henry, 4/7, born at home

andlee, Ben, 4/8

RhiOrion, L, 4/8, medical induction due to Cholestasis of Pregnancy, WOHM

Dena, Hannah and Maya, 4/9

dhinderliter,R, 4/10

sewcraftygirl, Anna, 4/11

Snoopy5386, Kelsey, 4/11

Carita, Danita, 4/15 Tax Day baby , Fast and Furious NCB @ hospital w/MW and awesome doula!

GreenTeaGinger, Rowena, 4/15, midwife attended birth center birth

LenaC, Leon, 4/17, Born 16 days after his due date of April 1st. Held my ground, as doc wanted to induce for low amnio fluid. All natural hospital water birth, that lasted about 3 hours.

Jsh7809, Symphony, 4/18, PPD, emergency post birth surgery for vaginal hematoma

Triony, Tobin, 4/18

3tammuz, Aliza, 4/19, double footling breech, VBAC in a hospital

Bubbamummy, Molly, 04/21, breech with double nuchal cord leading to an 'elective' c-section at 39wks

Pepper44, Ada 4/21

dogretro, dd2, 4/23, labored at home, birthed in the hospital, all-natural VBAC

mom2happy, baby girl Tess, 4/24

smeisnotapirate, Naomi, 4/25, HBAC! Shout it off the rooftops!

ebbb, Lucy, 4/27

Elecampane, Eleanor, 4/28

laughingfox, girl, 4/28, 2nd homebirth

LoveNeverFails, Mercy, 5/11, Winner of the Silver Birth Stool,
Accidental quasi-UC (midwife running in the door, but we caught head and she caught shoulders...) island birth (half in the water, half on land?), Survivor of Hostage Crisis 2010, NICU Edition, Mom of the only baby in NICU with toenails painted hot pink, and Remembering Nicholas, 11/2009

silverspook, Isaiah, 5/17, Awesome Rockstar Golden Birthstool Winner[/QUOTE]

TreefrogNYC, Benjamin Zephyr, 4/24, born at home after 7 IUIs and one m/c (3.6.09) -- husband, midwife, midwife's assistant, doula, and two cats in attendance!

me+him for 15 yrs, welcomed our little one march 25th, 2010.

#2 of 255 Old 08-25-2010, 02:38 PM

A baby. I have one. She is cute.

And a poem I have composed in honor of our relocation:

April 2010
Moms who win at birth and life
are found here.

Now.

Thanks, I'll be here all week!

Catholic wife in love.gifwith my husband, mom to superhero.gifx5,  babygirl.gifx2, angel1.gifx6. Birther of babes, baker of bread, and connoisseur of human folly. WINNER OF THE SILVER BIRTH STOOL, APRIL 2010 DDC! Happily hospital birthing with my BFF, Epidural Man.
#3 of 255 Old 08-25-2010, 03:05 PM

It's scary out here in the big world.

Hippie sympathizer and mom to L, 4.8.10.
Pet-mom to Squirt with FLUTD & Maya the deaf wonder dog .
#4 of 255 Old 08-25-2010, 03:11 PM

I'm here!

Jen, former sys admin and current geek , wife to DH , SAHM and Montessori homeschool teacher to DD "Nugget" (05/07) and new arrival DS "Sprout" (03/31/10)
#5 of 255 Old 08-25-2010, 03:40 PM

I'm here!!! and bookmarking!

~ Professor Mama to Gabito (July '07) & Danita (April '10) ~
A PhD = + +
#6 of 255 Old 08-25-2010, 04:42 PM

I'm here too! Or as "here" as I can be on 3-4 hours sleep running the past week or so... who told baby girl she can subsist on 7 hours of sleep a night?! UGH. Tell me again how the 4 month sleeping thing will pass. DON'T tell me again that it gets harder later.
Also, why isn't this in any of the dang books?!
Good to see you ladies...
#7 of 255 Old 08-25-2010, 04:43 PM

Also - somehow both times I've gone to the store and forgotten to wear nursing pads and had my milk spontaneously let down, I was wearing the same black dress. Hooray for black hiding damp circles!
#8 of 255 Old 08-25-2010, 04:49 PM

Hi Everyone!!
We are with the big babies now.
#9 of 255 Old 08-25-2010, 07:09 PM

Anna and I met up with our buds and had a walk around the lake then sat in the water and played in the sand. She wasn't thrilled about going in up to her chest. Too cold. She liked feeling the sand though. The beach will be a lot more fun (and hectic) next summer.
Posted via Mobile Device

Our rainbow baby, Anna Beatrice was born April 11/2010 after 4 m/c. She joins 4 brothers and sisters.
#10 of 255 Old 08-25-2010, 07:59 PM

I'm here too. I'll brave the big bad world for you ladies!

Mama to Umberto 12, Camille, 9, Piper 7, Rowena 2, and Jude Therese Prenatal DS diagnosis due December 23.

#11 of 255 Old 08-25-2010, 08:10 PM

Sprout found his thumb!

He's sucked his fingers for AGES, but he's always sucked the middle two and hasn't been able to pull out his thumb seperately. Today, though, it clicked, and now he loooooooves that thumb!

Jen, former sys admin and current geek , wife to DH , SAHM and Montessori homeschool teacher to DD "Nugget" (05/07) and new arrival DS "Sprout" (03/31/10)
#12 of 255 Old 08-25-2010, 08:28 PM

Hey - thought I would pop back in as things changed. We've been super busy. We moved out of our house and were going to move to another state but then decided not to. We tried to find a house where we already lived and couldn't find one we could afford in a good school district so we decided to move. Stayed with my parents for 10 days before coming back. We found a place and have been in it for about 1.5 weeks. The baby ended up having an MRI the other day but he is OK. Tons of medical appts for our three boys over the next couple weeks. DD started school today and DS1 starts back up on Monday. I am horribly behind on what's been going on it everyone else's life but I hope to catch up one day!

I recently changed my username, but I still say "Hello" to all those who know me in real life! Hi P, S, T and K!
#13 of 255 Old 08-25-2010, 08:38 PM

sandcastle, welcome back!

finally got the baby to sleep for more than 5 minutes (and it's 4:30pm!!) and the cat barfed all over the floor next to her. Funny because I mopped this afternoon and I haven't in months and months. It's 90 degrees inside. PHEW!

But we just got her x-rays done to double check that her hips are developing normally, and she was a doll at the hospital. Smiling at everyone (and, lord, does this girl have big beautiful grins!), trying to roll over on the x ray table, playing with her keys and sucking on her rings. I am feeling positive about the xrays coming back normal, and hopeful that tonight or tomorrow night will mark the end of this mental growth spurt (please!).

And, Jen, S also found her thumb in a new way today!! I'm feeling good about that, too (and it's so cute cause it's itty bitty). She even took the paci for a few minutes last night (though more out of wanting to put everything in her mouth, less to self soothe enough to sleep)... she wants to suck on everything, but only for a minute or two. I can't keep up with this girly!
#14 of 255 Old 08-25-2010, 09:05 PM

Hi Everyone!

It's the end of an era....

T has suddenly decided the right boob is ok to nurse on again. Weird. I hope it stays this way. He also stayed asleep last night while I went out on my first solo excursion with him sleeping. Yay! He's really turning over a new leaf. I think there may be a regression soon, though. He's back to chewing on his fingers all the time, new tooth? The bottom two have broken through and don't seem to bother him anymore. (yep - was interrupted in the middle of typing this by a cry. poor guy. he has so much trouble sleeping, the teeth do not help things!)

Jess - Glad to hear about the good x-rays!

Momma to born April 18, 2010!
#15 of 255 Old 08-25-2010, 09:16 PM

sandcastle! Hi! Why did your LO need an MRI? But I'm happy to hear things are ok!

#16 of 255 Old 08-26-2010, 12:09 AM

Just checking in! Ada had her first belly laughs tonight. She was laughing at her big sister jumping up and down.

<3 Ada was watching from the bath.

Momma to Sweet Rosie 7/06, Lost Baby J 1/09 at 12 weeks pregnant, Spitfire Ada born 4/21/10, and Baby Boy due July/August 2013!
Aspiring urban homesteader, photographer, homeschooling momma! Blog link in my profile. 

#17 of 255 Old 08-26-2010, 01:47 AM

jennings has just breastfed tonight, no bottles...really trying not to jinx anything and hoping he continues....
cranio sacral has been working I guess. He has a lot of tension and a lot of bad memories stored up in those muscles and he does NOT like the back of his head touched nor his neck.
He wants to eat every two hours though and I am blowing through bottles. I even had to cut back on the sodium supplements because he is retaining the sodium and um, swelling up. Every two hours is killing me at night and I think half of it is comfort eating....so I am hoping we can switch to comfort nursing.
Either way, I love it..and pray it continues.

no circ/vax-babywearer-cosleeping-pumping/breastfeeding-homeschooling single mama

TTC #3

#18 of 255 Old 08-26-2010, 12:13 PM

DS hates being touched on the back of his neck as well. and he has needed chiro for EI...
Glad to hear CS is working!

Pumping - ugh. but at least its an excuse to surf the net.

Thumb - Dani has found hers a few times, but its not consistent yet. But her new found thing that she is very excited abotu is her toes. DH said she put them in her mouth the other day, but for now I'm getting those classic toes in hand, legs in the air poses during diaper chages. LOVE them.

Bonding - I had a thread in our DDC about bonding, and hwo I was feeling stressed and less bonded. Since I have been back at work FT, I feel extremely more bonded to Danita. IDK what it is exactly. IDK if its that I crave her after being gone all day or what, but I have been having fabulous snuggles and I desire to hold her more and play with her more and interact with her more. It's just all feeling right again. yay for bonding! Kind of totally goes against traditional AP parenting maybe, but then again, maybe its just obvious that I would miss her more and crave her more if I am gone more? Anyway, I don't care, I'm just happy that I am feeling so much more warm fuzzy than I was before.

Oh and loving my job so far. At the work picnic there were a few other new babies range 7 weeks - 8 mo (and even one mama still on mat leave i didn't meet), and we all chatted about BWing, CDing, ECing, BFing, etc. yay! 2 moms were just spouses/partners, but still, they were spouses of the sustainability coordinator and the partner of a fairly well known sustainability expert & the other mom worked at a partnering non-profit.

~ Professor Mama to Gabito (July '07) & Danita (April '10) ~
A PhD = + +
#19 of 255 Old 08-26-2010, 01:00 PM

I'm here!

We have a birthday party to be at in an hour. Think I should get dressed? Brush the dreads out of the girls' hair? Find the gift/hope the kids have not found it and played with it? Drink more coffee? Yes, let's go with the coffee.

Becky has been spitting up more and more lately - at least once after each feed, sometimes just a little it, sometimes a surprising amount. If she were not SUCH a happy baby, i would suspect reflux, but other than puking 10 times a day she doesn't have any other symptoms.

The big girls start 'school' next week, and I'm getting nervous about working in their classrooms with Becky in the sling. I know it will be okay in the end, but I'm getting overwhelming just thinking about juggling it all.

Ivory, partner to Tom, mama to Ella (12/9/05), Alice (12/8/07), and our newest addition, Rebecca (4/1/10).
#20 of 255 Old 08-26-2010, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivymae View Post
I'm here!

We have a birthday party to be at in an hour. Think I should get dressed? Brush the dreads out of the girls' hair? Find the gift/hope the kids have not found it and played with it? Drink more coffee? Yes, let's go with the coffee.

Becky has been spitting up more and more lately - at least once after each feed, sometimes just a little it, sometimes a surprising amount. If she were not SUCH a happy baby, i would suspect reflux, but other than puking 10 times a day she doesn't have any other symptoms.

The big girls start 'school' next week, and I'm getting nervous about working in their classrooms with Becky in the sling. I know it will be okay in the end, but I'm getting overwhelming just thinking about juggling it all.
could it be allergies? Campbell was a HUGE spitter upper/puker and they kept saying "reflux", well I didn't believe it...turns out it was milk, eggs, and casein. She was always a happy baby too.

no circ/vax-babywearer-cosleeping-pumping/breastfeeding-homeschooling single mama

TTC #3

#21 of 255 Old 08-26-2010, 02:39 PM

You know, I have been wondering why S seems to be spitting up more lately (TMI: she mostly spits up and then swallows it these days... ewwww, but also, thanks, baby!). She stopped those full-stomach pukes that didn't bother her but made a mess after I got my supply a little more under control. Ivy, did you have a boost in supply or is Becky going through a growth spurt or anything?

Sleep was a little better last night. I am really going to work to keep S on a routine, I think part of the problem was that bedtimes were getting later and later and so her sleep was all over the place. That and the heat wave broke last night, phew! So she slept from 8-8ish, with only 3 real wake ups to nurse, but a zillion "I'm trying to find my hands/ feet in my sleep and am going to wiggle and cry myself awake if you don't intervene"... those are what are wiping me out, but I'm feeling more optimistic that she'll get it soon. And at least she didn't wake up and try to get me to play this time!

P+H, thanks again for organizing this thread. I am already serial posting (sorry!) but will try to wean myself from it a little . It's super helpful to have the reminder of who everyone is, too... I'll never be able to keep it straight on facebook, though!
#22 of 255 Old 08-26-2010, 02:54 PM

I'm still here, everyone, but I'm writing at least a short birth story. I'm going to need to do the expanded version, including NICU, at some point, but I'm not there yet. So, I'm going with a more bare facts version.

Catholic wife in love.gifwith my husband, mom to superhero.gifx5,  babygirl.gifx2, angel1.gifx6. Birther of babes, baker of bread, and connoisseur of human folly. WINNER OF THE SILVER BIRTH STOOL, APRIL 2010 DDC! Happily hospital birthing with my BFF, Epidural Man.
#23 of 255 Old 08-26-2010, 03:03 PM

L has been spitting up more recently, too. Though it's sort of hard to tell since she was always a big spitter. I thought it was that I have reintroduced small amounts of dairy back into my diet. But her attitude is still good, and you guys are having the same issue, so maybe it's something developmental?

The other day my friends had their 6 month old over and she didn't spit up once the whole time. My kid, however, spit up 6 times in the couple of hours they were visiting.

Hippie sympathizer and mom to L, 4.8.10.
Pet-mom to Squirt with FLUTD & Maya the deaf wonder dog .
#24 of 255 Old 08-26-2010, 03:32 PM

I guess I should say J spits up too, 3 times so far today and then last night too. He doesn't spit up from the bottle feeds though I did have a milkshake and some cheese...which is why I suspect allergies

TTC #3

#25 of 255 Old 08-26-2010, 03:34 PM

Ada goes through periods of lots of spit up too. I've noticed it seems to coincide with lots of teething drool. I think the drool makes her belly more sloshy or something.

Ivy, dd's co-op school starts in two weeks and I am also going to be wearing my baby while helping. I'm a little nervous, but I saw lots of other babies at the open house today so hopefully they are accomodating to younger siblings!

Momma to Sweet Rosie 7/06, Lost Baby J 1/09 at 12 weeks pregnant, Spitfire Ada born 4/21/10, and Baby Boy due July/August 2013!
Aspiring urban homesteader, photographer, homeschooling momma! Blog link in my profile. 

#26 of 255 Old 08-26-2010, 04:16 PM

So maybe the spitting up is normal? Kids! just when I think i have them figured out...

Pepper - i wore Becky when she was tiny (awww, it seems like such a long time ago!) at co-op, but now that she is not such a sleepy newborn, it could be.. interesting... I know in one class (the pre-k) I will have to stop bringing her once she won't tolerate the carrier (they have out loads of tiny toys/paints, so a baby in the mix is an insurance liability) but the younger class (Toddler) they keep those things put away, and the teacher seems more open to having Becky in the class all year. DH is prepared to take over the Pre-k work day when Becky gets the boot, since it's just not worth it to me to get her set up with a babysitter/bottle just for pre-k, ya know? I'm on the fence about the entire endeavor, but also will get a few hours a week of semi-quiet, so am willing to try.

PS We totally missed that birthday party. I must have written something down wrong, because we got to the park, with gift in hand.. and no one was there. Ella was so disappointed.

Man, mornings are hard around here lately. After lunch things get better, but I just can not get the stick out of my .. butt.. before 1pm apparently. Someone tell me the good-mama afternoons balance out the bad-mama mornings?

Ivory, partner to Tom, mama to Ella (12/9/05), Alice (12/8/07), and our newest addition, Rebecca (4/1/10).
#27 of 255 Old 08-26-2010, 04:20 PM

Mercy's birth story is up! Well, at least *this* version.

#28 of 255 Old 08-26-2010, 04:53 PM

I was a working mom today and I'm exhausted!

My parents own an internet store that my mom runs day-to-day, but she's on a well-earned vacation. So I headed in today to handle incoming and outgoing orders. Man, the effort we have to go through to accomodate Mr. No-Bottle! I left the house when he took his first nap and left DH and Nugget at home. When Sprout woke up, DH brought the kids to the warehouse and got us lunch. Then he took Sprout home for second-nap while Nugget stayed and "helped". Then back to pick up me and Nugget and everyone headed home.

*whew*!

Now, a few minutes to rest (and send Nugget into her room for quiet time because I'm sick of 3 year old breakdowns) and then I've got to start dinner. It's Aarti's Indian sloppy joes -- I'm really curious!

#29 of 255 Old 08-26-2010, 06:42 PM - Thread Starter

i think some of our babies are celebrating our graduation to LWAB with new and improved behavior .

just wanted to say.... ericka!!! i hope jennings keeps it up! for keeping at it!

spit-up: charlie does.... and doesn't. sometimes he won't for a few days at all, sometimes once, and then occasionally he has a splatter day, when i'm standing there with him and hear this sound, on the floor :Puke.

jsh, charlie is doing major wiggles in the night too! i've finally resorted to putting him on his tummy sometimes, yes, next to me in the bed. i feel confident that we have plenty of room and a nice flat surface. we short-sheet right now so that there's no way the covers can get up to charlie's face. anyway, i was awake every 5 minutes b/n 1am and 4am last night, pretty sure. i quit looking at the clock b/c it was just too depressing.

ivy, i don't see why you can't have a fresh start in the afternoon. each hour is a new day! sometimes when i can't seem to get charlie to nap, i kind of forget what he looks like, i'm just like, this BABY is so TIRING. then when he wakes up i'm all, hi sweetest person that i love! to you. how many hrs a week/month do you put in at your girls' school?

afm, my parents have now been here for almost 3 weeks! it's gone WAY better than i could have hoped, and i've loved having the extra help. omg, the house has been cleaned top to bottom once a week for the first time, well, since i can't remember when. and i've gotten to work on some projects too. and since charlie seems to be taking at least one longer nap a day again, i hope i don't feel totally overwhelmed once my parents move out (this saturday).

i keep chipping away at the insurance company, and just got a letter today saying they are going to count the NICU dr. charges in network! this is a difference of literally THOUSANDS of dollars for us. i'm so relived i feel weak!

me+him for 15 yrs, welcomed our little one march 25th, 2010.

#30 of 255 Old 08-26-2010, 08:18 PM

Yes, I have been covering the clock (usually with the zillions of cloth diapers that I have on hand for sidelying nursing) and I think it helps a lot! On the other hand, last night I SWORE I fed her at 2am - then I woke up awhile later and fed her again - and it was 2am! So who knows...

Just read in the Sears baby book section on 4-6 month olds (I love reading about what they are learning and fun ways to play together!) and in the "teething" section, it said that teething babies can have nightwakings, not want to nurse, have diarrhea, and cough and spit up a lot more than usual. I was like, AHA! I was starting to worry about all of her choking and coughing lately. Apparently all of that extra drool makes things harder on their swallowing and tummies, and that makes them want to nurse less, etc. She's barely eaten anything today and I was starting to feel rejected... and frustrated that she pops off and milk goes everywhere! Good to know it's normal. I wonder when I'll see that first tooth? Can't believe it!

We have also had 4-5 good thumb suckings today, I am feeling positive that soon she'll be able to find it in her sleep and all of my troubles will disappear! Mwahahaha.

What is everyone else's baby doing, developmentally, lately? S is also "nursing" on her lower lip a lot, it's very strange. She mostly wants to sit, I think partly cause of the drooly tummy troubles. I'm using the Bumbo a few minutes a few times a day - any worries about this?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page