Weaning my baby and what do you replace nursing with? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 65 Old 09-04-2010, 07:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Some people think that goat's milk is more digestible or closer to human milk than cow's milk - often the reason given is that the fats and proteins in goat's milk are easier to digest. Some people think that goat's milk is less allergenic than cow's milk.

I find this article somewhat poorly-written, but here is Dr. Sears on the topic: http://askdrsears.com/html/3/t032400.asp

I personally am not anti-animal milk, and consider dairy to be delicious.

Science-loving mama to one little guy (11/09).
#62 of 65 Old 09-04-2010, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscompgeek View Post
My LLL gave me a few choices and my Ped told me what she thinks is acceptable and said she left it up to me as obviously I am a great parent considering my daughter is in perfect health.
Personally, I'd choose your words more carefully (sensitively) next time, if I were you. Your child's perfect health has a lot more to do with good luck than your great parenting. If you had a sick kid, you'd likely agree.

Babies under one year old need a breastmilk substitute. Doctors say all kinds of things that don't make sense, no matter how much you like them. I like my GP, but he insists that a one month course of Sudafed wouldn't hurt my milk supply.
#63 of 65 Old 09-05-2010, 01:54 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Quick note about Almond milk.....

My son is 7 years old, with no known allergies. I let him have some almond milk in cereal, and he broke out in hives. I tried giving him a little more a few weeks later, to see if the hives did indeed come from the almond milk. Sure enough, he started getting itchy. I don't know what it is about the almond milk, because he can eat whole almonds just fine. But for a young baby, I would personally stay away from almond milk.

"Medical propaganda ops are, in the long run, the most dangerous. They appear to be neutral. They wave no political banners. They claim to be science. For these reasons, they can accomplish the goals of overt fascism without arousing suspicion.” — Jon Rappoport

#64 of 65 Old 09-05-2010, 03:37 AM

I'm a little surprised at some the responses' tone, but I think what I'm gathering is that no one here would know much about what else to replace it with! Just an observation.

First time mama to sweet *~....:: Eden Magnolia::....~*  4/3/10
#65 of 65 Old 09-05-2010, 10:06 AM

I think this topic has been addressed and the OP has a lot of good information. I think we are starting to get into splitting hairs so I'm going to close this to more replies !

Thanks mamas!

Eden yikes.gif, working on a PhD in Education mama to Laurelleshamrocksmile.gif (16), Orijoy.gif (6), Yarrowfaint.gif (4) and Linusfly-by-nursing1.gif (1) partner to Brice. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page