FEB 2010 DDC for September! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 73 Old 09-27-2010, 12:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
bumpity bump

I am at work for the first time without my baby. She stayed home with her papa. They are having fun and I am actually getting something done...well at least getting into the proper head-space for working.

Last week I uploaded 300 photos for developing; its hard for me to keep up with getting pictures developed, but I do want some memories in print for her! I have given up on putting the pictures in an album; I will just store them in a photo box. I have a ton of photos from my son, 7 years ago, that are still not put in albums. I will have to get him a box too.

Other then that everything is going swell. She is adorable and smiley. Her brother loves making her laugh and playing with her and she adores him back.

Sara - Mum to C (10/02) ; m/c 10/07; 7/08; 3/09; Lucy Olive Feb 28, 2010 !
#62 of 73 Old 09-29-2010, 10:17 PM

Hi ladies. Wish my post could have a surrender flag with it! Monday night I ended up in the ER due to a GI bug that had me heaving for five hours straight. After some IV rounds of zofran and phenergan and fluids they finally let me go home around 5am Tuesday morning. The hardest part was that DS was sick too and could not understand why mommy couldn't help him he is starting to get better and has stopped throwing up but it is awful. On top of that he is teething his second front tooth. Seriously, need a break over here. DH was amazing with DS while friends drove me to urgent care and then the ER. A couple of our friends ended up in the ER too and several of our friends have also gotten sick. It is one nasty bug. We are moving Friday morning and this was not how I was planning on spending my week! I literally have five boxes packed and was just able to eat real food tonight. We need health and some speedy packing over here! Hope everyone else is doing well!

married to my love , in love with MJ born 1/18/10 and PJ born 4/6/12 waterbirth.jpg and now due with a surprise 11/14!
#63 of 73 Old 09-29-2010, 11:09 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by flavorfull1 View Post
Hi ladies. Wish my post could have a surrender flag with it! Monday night I ended up in the ER due to a GI bug that had me heaving for five hours straight. After some IV rounds of zofran and phenergan and fluids they finally let me go home around 5am Tuesday morning. The hardest part was that DS was sick too and could not understand why mommy couldn't help him he is starting to get better and has stopped throwing up but it is awful. On top of that he is teething his second front tooth. Seriously, need a break over here. DH was amazing with DS while friends drove me to urgent care and then the ER. A couple of our friends ended up in the ER too and several of our friends have also gotten sick. It is one nasty bug. We are moving Friday morning and this was not how I was planning on spending my week! I literally have five boxes packed and was just able to eat real food tonight. We need health and some speedy packing over here! Hope everyone else is doing well!
Yikes! Feel better soon, mama!

Chessa , mama to Silas T (6/06) , wife to Chad . Welcome August Emerson! 2/8/10
#64 of 73 Old 09-30-2010, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeta View Post
Yikes! Feel better soon, mama!

That sounds awful!

My family = me + dh & ds +
#65 of 73 Old 09-30-2010, 03:40 PM

Nice Link, Perdita! I'll have to check that out. DS acted interested in foods-but just to taste. He'll take a tiny lick or maybe one tiny bite and then is over it. He really prefers holding the food himself, but then gets frustrated if he drops it, so it's a never-ending cycle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunRise View Post
Last week I uploaded 300 photos for developing; its hard for me to keep up with getting pictures developed, but I do want some memories in print for her! I have given up on putting the pictures in an album; I will just store them in a photo box. I have a ton of photos from my son, 7 years ago, that are still not put in albums. I will have to get him a box too.
It is hard to keep up with all the pictures. And, even if you don't get them in an album, at least you have them! That can be some mega project for a scrapbook or something in 5 years or so.

flavorfull1-Hope you all are feeling better. That sounds rough.

We took DS in for his first real professional pictures last week (we're bad parents for waiting this long, I know) and they are too adorable! Here are a few we printed up.
Halloween
Chair -obviously DH's hand was photoshopped out
Close up
Bear

There are lots more from the session, but I'm trying not to go overboard with the pics in this post

Updates: DS's 2 teeth have come in so fast since peeking through and are so cute! He is crawling now, but prefers to scoot still, so it's pretty funny to watch him go back and forth. He's also pulling up on everything he can-which makes me so nervous! He's been giving lots of kisses (ie slobbering all over your face) for a few weeks now. He also learned the sign for milk! I'm so proud since I just started about a month ago and now he can do it himself pretty well. Not entirely convinced he knows what it means, but he gets a mouthful every time he does it, so he'll catch on if he doesn't know already.

Kara: on a journey with DH, Mama to DS 2/2010
#66 of 73 Old 09-30-2010, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambystoma View Post

It is hard to keep up with all the pictures. And, even if you don't get them in an album, at least you have them! That can be some mega project for a scrapbook or something in 5 years or so.

My mom still has boxes of pictures from when we were little, waiting to be scrapbooked - or even just put in an album!

Awesome on the sign for milk too! I've been thinking about trying some signs with DD and did more today, mostly because that's the only one I know!

Mama to three

#67 of 73 Old 10-01-2010, 03:22 PM - Thread Starter

1. No GOOD reason, but people get dumb sometimes. :P

2. Hm, I never heard that grains should be restricted. *shrug* I've never heard of anyone being allergic to oats, anyway... We do wait longer on wheat, but I think I gave it to DS1 around nine months. We didn't do baby oatmeal this time, because I tasted it last time. :P Plus the box we got for DS1 never got used up, which seemed wasteful. So this time I got organic instant adult oatmeal (no flavor, nothing but oats in the ingredients) and just gave DS2 a dollop of it. He didn't have any trouble with it, he stuffed it in his mouth with both hands and rubbed it all over everything in a five-foot radius. So, I don't see any problem for the baby with oats, but it's doom for cleanup.

Lauren31, I think it's completely normal for babies not to get a whole lot inside when they're feeding themselves. It's mostly about learning to enjoy food at this point. (And then I look at my four-year-old's plate after he's had a meal, and nothing is gone...)

Flavorfull1, I hope everyone feels better soon!

The baby has one tooth! Also, he can crawl!
#68 of 73 Old 10-02-2010, 11:47 AM

Baby update!

Elsa is not crawling yet, but gets around by moving backwards and in circles. She does the hands and knees rocking thing, so maybe soon.

If she is laying in a boppy, she can get herself to sitting, she tries really hard when she is just laying on the floor, but she's not quite there

She absolutely adores her big brother, watches him and smiles/laughs all the time. So cute!

She loves swinging in the swing outside, which is interesting because she hated her baby swing.

Pretty much all the "stuff" is already packed back up! (Bouncy seat, swing, bassinet, bumbo...) I broke the exersaucer, so that's gone too.

On a good day, she actually naps two decent naps and sleeps 12 hours (with 2 wake ups) overnight. Most days it's 3-4 catnaps though.

She feels so big! I cannot believe how huge she is. She still fits 6-9 month clothes though, so that's good. She must not be that big, just feels that way to me. She is growing out of her small diapers though.

No teeth - DS didn't get one until 12 months, so I think we have time yet.

Food - still only giving her a little bit of fruit everyday, but not at the same time or the same fruit. I do give her purees, but give her the spoon and she puts it in her mouth, then plays with the spoon for quite a bit before I reload.

How about everyone else???

Mama to three

#69 of 73 Old 10-02-2010, 01:55 PM

DS is doing great!

He's sitting well enough now that I feel confident leaving him (on carpet) and checking email or whatever while keeping an eye on him.

He has discovered that he can roll right across the room now - so he's not really crawling, although he does play on his tummy quite a bit. I suspect he will sooner or later, but at the moment he seems content to roll.

He is babbling almost constantly - his favourite is "ma-ma" or "mum-mum". We use the word "mamma" for nursing, and I think he's actually beginning to get it when I say it and sign it. A few days ago he was asleep and I was on the computer, and I heard him wake up, so I went in and whispered "hi, buddy!" and I heard a happy "ma-ma" in the dark. I don't have any particular illusions that he was saying it about me, but it was still heart-warming!

Food - he's definitely not a "fruit" kind of guy. He likes his rusks, and is eating enough that it's affecting his poop (becoming more solid). He also really enjoyed some tomato soup with pasta that I made a few days ago - he didn't get much because he is sensitive to acidic foods but it was interesting how much he wanted it. I'm glad because while I'm okay with him eating the rusks, I'd like to get him on something with more vitamins and less sugar!

We've also put away quite a lot of the infant gear - the baby gym is gone, as is the bouncy chair - we still use the exersaucer to park him when I'm cooking but we'll be putting away soon.

Perdita - newly SAHM to DD July/05 & DS Feb/10 joy.gif
#70 of 73 Old 10-04-2010, 02:45 PM

Baby update....

Sweet Baby girl is 7 months old. She is getting really good a sitting but tumbles sometimes. She rocks herself back and forth to see how far she can go before losing her balance. We have hardwood floors so we still sit with her to make sure she doesn't bump her head. Soon I will get out the rugs for the winter and this will be helpful.

She was drooling a lot the past few days perhaps a tooth budding through? Right now we get a beautiful dimply gummy grin.

She started to smack her lips today - either kisses or mmmmmm yummy noises. She used to give big wide open mouth kisses.

Her babbling is coming along and she is working through some consonants
... yeah yeah yeah, gee gee, ddddd. She also babbles passionately or complaining about stuff.

She doesn't roll too much but she does shuffle herself off the blanket. Soon she will be mobile.

She still loves her food...anything. Curry beef, pickles, standard baby purees, apple cider.

Her brother is great and making her laugh and she adores him.

We are getting ready for cold weather; looking for some kind of fleece one piece and a snow suit.

Big grin
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...&ref=fbx_album

A week ago, practicing sitting:
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...d=437034321282

Sara - Mum to C (10/02) ; m/c 10/07; 7/08; 3/09; Lucy Olive Feb 28, 2010 !
#71 of 73 Old 10-04-2010, 07:05 PM

My update:

Elsa is EVERYWHERE. She goes all over the place these days. She doesn't get up on her knees yet, still army crawling, but she is turbo powered.

We have six teeth, but not interested in food. If I put something in front of her she'll eat it but she's not fussed if she doesn't get any. She's had honeydew, watermelon, chicken, applesauce, and peas so far in little bits.

She babbles like crazy. She loves mamamamama, especially when she's mad or upset. I don't think it means me just yet. She's got lots of consonants. I've been doing the sign for "milk" when I feed her and I can't wait until she does it on her own. I don't want to use too many signs yet, so far it's mostly "milk" and "diaper", and I do "eat" and "more" but we don't get many opportunities to use them yet.

Her naps are still all over the place. I know I'm "supposed to" be trying to schedule her but I just would rather go with the flow and feed her when she's hungry, put her down when she's sleepy, whenever that is.

And lately she's been getting angry on her walks for some reason. It doesn't matter whether I wear her or push her - we get a block or so and she starts screaming her little head off. Maybe I should try doing a more predictable routine?

Mama to Elsa Louise: 2/10, 13lbs 8 oz  energy.gifand Oscar Allen: 7/12, 13lbs 8 oz  babyboy.gif

#72 of 73 Old 10-05-2010, 05:17 PM - Thread Starter

Ben has been doing the cutest thing the last couple of weeks. He started clapping his hands early last month (super cute!), and now if I say "Hurray!" he lifts his hands into the air. And just in the last few days, he's been doing it himself while making "yay!" noises.

I wish he'd get his second tooth, though. I think it's messing with his sleep. He was awake for a long time in the middle of the night last night, no fun.
#73 of 73 Old 10-05-2010, 07:16 PM

Posted a new thread:

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...5#post15918015

Mama to Elsa Louise: 2/10, 13lbs 8 oz  energy.gifand Oscar Allen: 7/12, 13lbs 8 oz  babyboy.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page