April 2010 Mamas, through October 16th - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 213 Old 10-10-2010, 07:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper44 View Post
Oh and finger sucking: Ada sometimes sucks her thumb, but she wouldn't do it in place of comfort nursing. She's not a huge comfort sucker like my first dd though. DD1 also sucked our fingers and only our fingers, but I was able to replace them with a pacifier at 4-5 months. It was a huge relief! I tried giving Ada a pacifier and she just gagged, spit it out, and looked at me like "WTF mom??"
THIS is JR! I so wish he'd take a pacifier. He still comfort nurses to the point of puking but touch his tongue with a pacifier (any brand) and he'll gag. AAAHHHH

Jess: Lack of sleep brings out the monster in me. Most of the time now, if I'm super crabby, I'll stop and think and it's always a lack of sleep. It is dreadfully hard on you.

Pepper: I'm sorry you're so sick. I had something similar 2 weeks ago (I'm still on antibiotics cause it went to my sinuses) that had the diarrhea and I got dehydrated. It's scary when you have an infant you're trying to supply but my stomach hurt too bad to drink. I hope you start feeling better soon and that Ada gets everything she needs from you but not the sickness.

Thanks for the reassurances about the crazy in bed rooting. He's just so dramatic!

Sara: Separated Mom to , DD (9), , DS (5), DD (3), , & 4/5/10 + 2 & 1
#122 of 213 Old 10-10-2010, 08:09 PM

We don't have any "Ba ba" here, but we have so many happy "Ohhhhhhhhhhhh"s. It's adorable. She strokes our faces and says "Ohhhhhhhh" in such a way that it's impossible to think it means anything other than "oh i adore you. Ohhhhh i love you so".

Finger sucking: Becky is still a thumb sucker, though thankfully only when she is sleepy. It's a good visual signal that she's ready for sleep, since the "putting her down and hoping" method is frustrating.

Rooting: Oh yes. When becky is ready to nurse, she will latch on to anything within mouth's reach. OM NOM NOM.

diarrhea: That was me a few weeks ago, and it was horrible. I think it was food poisoning, since (thank god) no one else got it, but it had me in the bathroom for 3 days. It was horrific. I hope you feel better soon Pepper. Don't hesitate to go in and get a liter of fluid if you are really struggling - my local ER is pretty painless that way, and it makes a HUGE difference in how quickly you bounce back from an illness.

jess - Remind me again, does your DH take any of the night time parenting? Will she take a pumped bottle? *feeling like we've probably been over this, but can't remember, hello sleep deprivation!* My first two were such horrible sleepers (they still are, though they are finally at an age where they can at least tell em WHAT is going on), and I wish i had put more of the night time parenting on DH. I felt like I had to shield him from it, because he worked but my mood became the house mood, and my being exhausted did not help anyone.

ARG my ghetto neighbors just woke up DD2 from a (much needed) nap. I'm a jerk for saying so, but this is a nice area, and they are uber-trashy, only living here because their elderly mom needs help. Right now they have their bass up enough that our windows are rattling - poor neighbor lady, I can't imagine that is good for her. Their kids are rude, their rat-dog poops in my yard, and i am 92% certain they are selling weed our the back ally. Annoyed!

Ivory, partner to Tom, mama to Ella (12/9/05), Alice (12/8/07), and our newest addition, Rebecca (4/1/10).
#123 of 213 Old 10-10-2010, 08:29 PM

Serial posting to say: I'm getting fed up with my postbaby body. I mean, I know it's only been six months since my body did THIS, and yay for it and all, but I just want to fit into clothes without being self-conscious. My diastasis is bugging me (I feel like I look 3 months pregnant), so I think i will start working some of these exercises into my daily yoga.

I'm just feeling frumpy and flappy. I'm ready to feel sexy again... but not for the darwin stool, so maybe being a little flabby is okay.

Ivory, partner to Tom, mama to Ella (12/9/05), Alice (12/8/07), and our newest addition, Rebecca (4/1/10).
#124 of 213 Old 10-10-2010, 09:02 PM

Ivy -- I forgot how huge your baby belly got! I can't believe we all had baby bellies just a few months ago. I'm also starting to get a bit frustrated with my body, and the weather is cooling off, so I should start to think about picking up running or something. I hate running, but it's quick. (My DH is training to run a 100 miler this spring .... I'll be lucky if I can work up to 5k in a few months.)

Babbling -- None here. Sometimes we get a "haaaaaai !" which is so cute.

Fussy baby day today. It was frustrating -- I just couldn't figure anything out to make him happy. Luckily he took more naps than usual (close to 3 hours over 3 naps) and went to bed happily at 7pm. Wonder if he's working on a leap?

Gratuitous cute baby picture!

Jen, former sys admin and current geek , wife to DH , SAHM and Montessori homeschool teacher to DD "Nugget" (05/07) and new arrival DS "Sprout" (03/31/10)
#125 of 213 Old 10-10-2010, 09:57 PM

back from our trip, I've been reading and need to post more but I've been meaning to ask this for a while....flu vax or no flu vax?
The pedi asked me at DD2's 4 and 5 month appts and her 6 month is Thursday and I need to come up with an answer....

I know some here vax, some don't, so I'm looking for advice from everyone. We do vax but on a delayed/selective schedule. With DD1 I did the flu vax when she was an infant but not since. I did fall prey to the H1N1 hype last year and had her vaxed for that (I was really paranoid being pregnant). I never get the flu vax, I rarely get sick. DH gets sick if a germ looks at him, plus he works on a college campus so he gets it every year.

Part of me wants to get it for both kids - DD1 is in preschool this year and has already been sick a couple of times, and DD2 is a baby so she's at a higher risk of serious complications.

Part of me says I'm nuts for considering it, the shot itself is a shot in the dark and the risk of another vaccine on her little system is there as well. And she is a healthy breastfed, robust 6 month old with no problems.

What do you do for your family? And does anyone know of a website where I can find info on how many infants were hospitalized/died from flu?

Mom to Morgan 4-3-06 and announcing Baby Kelsey 4-11-10
#126 of 213 Old 10-10-2010, 09:59 PM

Ivy- Man, I'd forgotten how huge your belly was! I also can't believe that we were all pregnant six months ago! And, in our elephantine friends' cases more like four months ago.

My post-baby (post first baby, is the big thing to keep in mind) body is okay. My stomach is a bit flabbier than before I was pregnant, but not too much. I can fit into my bigger pre pregnancy clothes. My shirts are mostly too short because of my boobs.

But my boobs are my issue. Freakin' lopsided blah. My poor righty is just sad. I have to put four nursing pads in that side and only one thin one on the left side to make them look even. L hates nursing on the smaller side, too.

Hippie sympathizer and mom to L, 4.8.10.
Pet-mom to Squirt with FLUTD & Maya the deaf wonder dog .
#127 of 213 Old 10-10-2010, 10:48 PM

snoopy -- We're definitely flu vax'ing DD; unsure about Sprout, but I wouldn't be surprised if we did.

Jen, former sys admin and current geek , wife to DH , SAHM and Montessori homeschool teacher to DD "Nugget" (05/07) and new arrival DS "Sprout" (03/31/10)
#128 of 213 Old 10-10-2010, 11:00 PM

Momto4 - T is the same way with rooting. I was just thinking the other day that he ought to be able to "see" that it's the breast now instead of just blinding rooting. Glad to hear it's normal. At least for April 2010 babies :-D

Ivy - Seriously. My body is a mess. Here's what I looked like 2 days before T was born: http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink
None of my clothes fit because I'm a completely different shape. Same weight that I was before I lost the weight to be where I was when we conceived, but none of those clothes fit either. I've resisted going shopping, but ugh. I have diastasis, thank you so much for posting that article, I'm going ot do that. I am (was) a runner and will be getting back into it now that T is 6 months (next weekend) and we can use a jogging stroller.

Babbling - T can make bah noises, but rarely does. I'm not sure what constitutes actual babbling, so I don't know if we're there yet.

Jess - The sleep sounds so frustrating. I'm so sorry.

Vax: I've never gotten a flu vax and don't ever plan to (or for my kid(s)).

AFM - I just realized we're not going to be doing solids anytime soon. I read the readiness signs on Kellymom and we're nowhere close. I haven't tested the tongue-thrust reflex, but he can't sit on his own (though his sits very well in my lap) and has no pincer grasp. I don't mind, but I'm feeling pressure from others... I had a bunch of fun things to tell you guys, but Ive now forgotten them all. Oh -I canned a bunch of apple pie filling and I don't like it. There was some left over which I made a sort of apple crumble with and it was kind of gross. (Though DH really liked it. Probably because he didn't know what it was supposed to look/taste like) I had to substitute flour for some of the cornstarch and I obviously used too much.

Momma to born April 18, 2010!
#129 of 213 Old 10-10-2010, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivymae View Post
Serial posting to say: I'm getting fed up with my postbaby body. I mean, I know it's only been six months since my body did THIS, and yay for it and all, but I just want to fit into clothes without being self-conscious. My diastasis is bugging me (I feel like I look 3 months pregnant), so I think i will start working some of these exercises into my daily yoga.

I'm just feeling frumpy and flappy. I'm ready to feel sexy again... but not for the darwin stool, so maybe being a little flabby is okay.
Oh Ivy, you had a beautifully big belly! And, you were just all belly, all out front. But, you, even with your big belly, still look small. I hope those exercises work for you. Thanks for posting the link. I'm having trouble fitting PT into my schedule so maybe I should start with those.

Okay, so Ivy's pic got me interested in a reminder of what we all did look like 6ish months ago. Would love to see everyone else's right-before-baby pics.

Here's mine. http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php...&id=1422268199

#130 of 213 Old 10-11-2010, 01:53 AM

So I just dropped one of my online aquaintances on FB. We met through baby loss and I supported her through a lot of her fears when she was pregnant, but since she's had her baby (a week before me) her ignorance is pissing me off. Solids in bottle, CIO, slamming her hubby publicly. Today's post about "letting her cry even if it's until 4am, she's not getting a bottle before then" was the last straw. I emailed her goodbye, suggesting she read NCSS and deleted her.

Anna loved pumpkin and apple pie today at thanksgiving dinner. She ate the veggies too, but nothing came back out when I fed her dessert. She's still mostly playing with food. Sometimes likng texture, sometimes liking smooth. I'm a bit nervous of giving her meat. Chicken was too dry when I ground it up with the stick blender.

We seem to be getting a fairly consistent 1 1/2 hour nap in the crib at 10am which is making me very happy. Now to just get the afternoon one routine!

Can someone link the lactation cookie recipe please?
One of my mommy friends is trying to re-lactate with her 4 month old. She had low supply and switched to just formula early on when he wasn't gaining but I think seeing all her mom friends nursing is inspiring her to try again and she's starting up the galacts again and her boy still latches, yay! She even noticed a difference in his poops. I've invited her over next week to make lactation cookies.

I have 2 months to work on putting Anna to bed more awake/take bottle/getting DH to be able to put her down sometimes, as I'm going to a Leonard Cohen concert in Dec.

Oh and Rhi, Anna is also getting good at lowering herself onto her tummy from sitting and she's rocking now too. My son started bum scooting at this age, so I wonder if she will.

How's everyone finding the babywearing? I'm getting sore in my back and neck. Thinking I need to get the stroller into the van soon. I am finding a limit to how long I can comfortably wear her now that she's 15 pounds or so.

ETA:

I swear I've been ovulating several times since having Anna but no AF yet. Today I'm having lots of O pain and loads of EWCM. I guess I'll see in a couple weeks.

Baby belly:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23956689@N04/5070773668/

Our rainbow baby, Anna Beatrice was born April 11/2010 after 4 m/c. She joins 4 brothers and sisters.
#131 of 213 Old 10-11-2010, 08:27 AM

sew_crafty -- Here ya go: http://www.food.com/recipe/oatmeal-c...rujillo-192346

Delicious!

#132 of 213 Old 10-11-2010, 09:27 AM

Momto4- your link didn't work!

Sew- here's my lactation bar recipe, in case she wants a variety. http://redbeansandwhippedcream.wordp...actation-bars/

Pictures: I'm going to up the ante and show a fun progression

14 weeks

30 weeks

38 weeks (which is the last that I have)

Well, I was going to put a "now" shot, but I don't really have any good ones. Here's one from way back in July.

#133 of 213 Old 10-11-2010, 10:02 AM

momto4 -- Link didn't work for me, either.

I'm the photographer in my family, so there really aren't any pictures of me pregnant.

#134 of 213 Old 10-11-2010, 11:22 AM

Im nursing and typing 1 handed and I can' remember who said what, but:

sleep deprivation sucks. whoever you are you have my utter sympathy!

we dont vax and even if wedid i wouldnt do flu shots

solids havew gone from0 to 100 over the course of a week. I have a Munchkin hand grinder thingy....very easy to use and clean (no dishwasher here) and I just throw whatever we are having for dinner in there and grind it up, then add extra gravy or sauce to make it mushy enough. Alisa has a booster chair with tray so she can sit at the table with the rest of us and I just put the food and a couple spoons on her tray and she experiments while we eat. Occasionally if she is getting rustrated I will spoon feed her for a while and then she goes back to eating with her hands.
and being the proud mama of course I have to share a pic: http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php...552.1615667591

cosleeping is great but I was tired of having sex on the couch so we pulled out the toddler bed from the attic and set it up in ds' room. I redid everything in there and now the baby has a place to nap or play while I am in there putting laudnry away or palying with ds. Last night I put her to sleep there about 8 PM and then when she woke at 11 I nursed ehr and then laid down with her in our bed. so still cosleeping, But we had three whole hours of being able to turn on the lights and be in the room without distrubing her. I had forgotten what that was like!

this is the kids room now: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...&id=1615667591

PP body---yeah I too have stretch marks/gut up the wazoo. If anyone has any tips on how to gain weight without getting a gut, feel free to pass them along! I only weigh 105 lbs but I look 4 months pregnant. I look worse now than I did at 6 weeks pp.

babbling: dd says mama now!!!! I doubt it's in relation to me, but it is very cute and daddy is jealous which is funny. I don't think she will need to talk though because ds "translates" for her.

crawling: dd isn't crawling. or scooting really except maybe a little, mostly by accident, on her belly. I already have a DP with itchy feet, a preschooler and a dog, so this is fine with me. At least SOMEBODY stays where I put them.

Very blessed mama to one bouncin' boy bouncy.gif (12/07) one angel3.gif who didn't get to stay (6/09), one potty learning, mess making divaenergy.gif(4/10), and one cheerful milk monster. aabfwoman.gif (12/11) Happy partner to the love of my lifedp_malesling.GIF.  

#135 of 213 Old 10-11-2010, 11:40 AM

I forgot to say in my last post (drumroll please): DH was able to put T down for a nap this weekend!!

I went out to a consignment sale and left him a bottle knowing that I probably wouldn't make it back for his first nap. Apparently DH read him a story, swaddled him up and put him in bed in preparation for laying down next to him and T opened up his mouth and turned his head to the side just like he does for me. (It's really funny, actually) DH stuck the bottle in there and voila! Apparently it did take him a little while to adjust, and the nap wasn't stellar, but it worked! I see light at hte end of the tunnel! A good routine apparently is amazing. So there is hope, Sew_Crafty! Now we just need to see if it will work for bedtime and I might be able to occasionally do something in the evenings!

Momma to born April 18, 2010!
#136 of 213 Old 10-11-2010, 01:09 PM

Mercy Merce is 5 months old today!

Here's the last belly pic I have of myself. And ABS OF WIN!

Catholic wife in love.gifwith my husband, mom to superhero.gifx5,  babygirl.gifx2, angel1.gifx6. Birther of babes, baker of bread, and connoisseur of human folly. WINNER OF THE SILVER BIRTH STOOL, APRIL 2010 DDC! Happily hospital birthing with my BFF, Epidural Man.
#137 of 213 Old 10-11-2010, 01:24 PM

Sleep was much much better last night!! I don't know why, and am trying to just enjoy feeling fully rested for a change. I got in bed with her pretty early and I don't remember her waking me up more than once (though I may have slept through some, and I woke HER up when I went pee at 3ish). Phew!! I will hope and pray for a repeat but who knows; I'm just glad I got a break for once.

Here's my 41.5 week photo:
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._4343231_n.jpg
Wish I had the abs of win like LNF - that's amazing!! My abs have never been very strong, and now I'm really suffering because my back is forever in pain. Especially in the mornings, ouchie!
I am lucky, though, because most of the weight is gone and I am getting compliments on how I look like I didn't have a baby (although I'm tempted to show off my stretch marks and nursed out boobs and all of that - it's nice to feel better about myself). But I am really out of shape and lacking stamina and strength... I keep telling myself as soon as we are getting better sleep, I'll start exercising more. Hmm.

As for babywearing - it's been super duper hot here recently, so we've taken a break. I never really loved the Moby but do love the Ergo now for front or back carries . I was thinking we might use the sling or Moby for bigger baby side carries, but I think I might just give them away or sell them at this point. My SIL is due any day now so all of our baby stuff gets passed along pretty quickly.

How about newborn/ 6 month old baby pic comparisons, too? Here's mine:
then:
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._6483830_n.jpg
now:
http://www.jessamynharris.com/2010/sbananaIMG_9512.jpg
I think I will never get tired of looking at pix of her:
http://www.jessamynharris.com/2010/snakeyIMG_9461.jpg
#138 of 213 Old 10-11-2010, 01:43 PM

I've made a year in the life of L album, actually. here it is!

#139 of 213 Old 10-11-2010, 02:31 PM

I would just like to thank thank THANK Sprout for waiting until we were home and he was on the potty before unleashing the 3 day overdue poop.

#140 of 213 Old 10-11-2010, 03:01 PM - Thread Starter

charlie is stirring from a 2 hr nap, wait... 2 hrs? wow, anyway, i just read everything but can't post. hopefully i will find time tonight

mmmmmm, jenfl, can you fed-ex some of that cake??

me+him for 15 yrs, welcomed our little one march 25th, 2010.

#141 of 213 Old 10-11-2010, 05:26 PM

Okay so I'm not EVEN trying to respond. I've been gone for awhile because I'm trying to curb my internet time. Alas poor R is feeling a bit under the weather and my back is KILLING ME from a whole two days of walking with her in the sling. So I"m sitting, and drinking coffee.

Anyway...we did meet RhiOrion and it rocked. L is totally adorable and ladies she is getting ready to crawl! My girls loved her esp. my second youngest who talked about her the whole night. It was great fun. I'm hoping to make it to Ashville next month so we can meet Peace+Hope. And if our Maine trip falls apart we may head West.

R was super awesome on the trip. She loved being toted around Chapel Hill on my back. I loved the area and it made me kind of cranky about being stuck in Charlotte

In other news, R is doing great. She's babbling a lot more and a lot louder than before. She also says something that sounds like mama when she's crying. She's totally into mama and not so into daddy. Yes, we're stilling having issues with me leaving her.

She's not really into solids but she did try some hummus the other day which she liked. She also sucked up water from a straw. Once. It will come but I wish she could dig her daddy a bit so I could feel okay about the job.

I'm very excited about next weekend as our birth center is having its first birthday. I can't wait!

Oh and my body...sigh. I fit into nothing that I own and I really hate to buy a whole new winter wardrobe but I might not have a choice. I've lost almost 25lbs since June and am still not able to get into my 12s. My body is really different. This didn't happen with the other ones. I mean, my body changed but at this point it was back to the shape I had before. This time, my hips are still huge. It's weird. My boobs...well they're taking over the world.

And the no sleep is killing me. I'm so CRANKY. I feel bad because I have no patience with the other beasties.

Mama to Umberto 12, Camille, 9, Piper 7, Rowena 2, and Jude Therese Prenatal DS diagnosis due December 23.

#142 of 213 Old 10-11-2010, 08:26 PM

i.
#143 of 213 Old 10-11-2010, 08:49 PM

this reminds me. chapel hill mamas. do you have a rec for a naturoath or other similar doc. a friend is having trouble w/her baby (near our LOs age). she went on an elim diet and just could figure out what was causing what, moved to formula eventually after identifying at least dairy, soy and corn as issues and now finding formula FT is worse on her baby than BFing was. she needs good help, but he GI she was referred too only said that mucous and blood in stool was okay if baby was okay and her mommy instinct is telling her there is something more going on...

~ Professor Mama to Gabito (July '07) & Danita (April '10) ~
A PhD = + +
#144 of 213 Old 10-11-2010, 09:52 PM - Thread Starter

yay, gtg! i would totally love to meet you and the beasties! sorry R has SUCH a strong preference for you. is she a big comfort nurser?

crazyeight, sorry your LO has allergies! i can't imagine that in addition to sleep regressions and teething!

flu shot: nope, not for charlie or for us. i personally don't feel that it's effective enough, since they are often not right about which strain to vax for in any given year. the only time either my husband or i have gotten the flu was in a year we got the vax, for that reason... other reasoning is very low exposure for charlie (no daycare, no church nursery, only some cousins who are homeschooled for other kid exposure).

babbling: well, we have ONE area where charlie excels, yay! he's been babbling with consonants since early august, just after turning 4 months. now, if he's just roll over again...

i think the last pics i have of me pregnant are from christmas! we just weren't taking any. the day i was admitted, my husband said, when you get back from the dr, let's do a photo shoot! i wasn't home for a week and 1/2 after that...

anyway, my body is generally flabby, and i'm not happy about it. after walking faithfully all summer, an hour at least 4 times a week, i'm lighter by 5 lbs than my pre-preg weight but just soft all over! i really feel like a slob.

i am sleeping more poorly than i have since starting to bed share, and i can't believe it! for the past week, charlie has been wiggling and fussing about once an hour all night long. i don't think he's really hungry that often, but he won't calm down unless i latch him on. sometimes as soon as he gets my boob in his mouth he immediately falls back asleep. what happened to my thumb sucking, only wake twice a night baby??

charlie is down for the night and we're watching football, so i'll see about posting some pics.

me+him for 15 yrs, welcomed our little one march 25th, 2010.

#145 of 213 Old 10-11-2010, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carita View Post
this reminds me. chapel hill mamas. do you have a rec for a naturoath or other similar doc. a friend is having trouble w/her baby (near our LOs age). she went on an elim diet and just could figure out what was causing what, moved to formula eventually after identifying at least dairy, soy and corn as issues and now finding formula FT is worse on her baby than BFing was. she needs good help, but he GI she was referred too only said that mucous and blood in stool was okay if baby was okay and her mommy instinct is telling her there is something more going on...
Chapel Hill, NC? I suggest she call the birth center- they may have a rec. Also, Dr Dane Vines in Hillsborough is a pedi who is well known to be more MDC-like than others. Also Cynthia Young in Cary, but that might be a bit far if she actually wanted to go see her. Anyhow, I don't know how much they specifically would be able to help, but they're the most likely to have good recs, I think.

#146 of 213 Old 10-12-2010, 12:23 AM

I feel like such a newb. I just ordered a book on Baby Led Weaning from Amazon.

(Speaking of which, did you know that you can get 3 months of free 2-day shipping with Amazon Mom? It's such an enabler!)

Anyway. I just feel so unsure about feeding Sprout. Part of it is that we did a lot of purees for DD so the BLW is new to me, and part of it is that he's just still not that interested. I've pretty much dropped feeding him lately (except for letting him have a go at my apple over the weekend -- that was fun for him until he actually started getting pieces off).

I'm hoping the book will clarify some things about BLW for me, inspire me with new food ideas to let him play with, and generally give me something to do until Sprout IS ready.

At least dinner time remains relatively clean for now.

#147 of 213 Old 10-12-2010, 12:56 AM

Hmm, Okay, not sure why the link didn't work. Trying again if you're interested.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...761.1422268199
OR
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...761.1422268199

One more: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...&id=1422268199
OR
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...&id=1422268199

I'm new to linking so I did one with the link tab at the top and one without. The old one worked for me so not sure why it didn't for you guys. Still learning the advanced replies.

JR had his 6 mth check today. He's 16 lbs 11 oz, 27 inches tall. His head (I don't remember the inches) is 95%!! So he's 25% weight, 75% height, 95% head. Thanks to my side we have 3 big-headed kiddos!
3 shots, yuck, but I don't typically do the flu vax.

#148 of 213 Old 10-12-2010, 01:01 AM

Momto4 -- I bet it's because the pics are just available to your facebook friends.

#149 of 213 Old 10-12-2010, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenfl View Post
Momto4 -- I bet it's because the pics are just available to your facebook friends.
You're right. Just changed it. Thanks Jen!

#150 of 213 Old 10-12-2010, 01:49 AM

OK, I'm the outcast - I WILL get the flu shot, but just me, not the baby. I'm pretty paranoid about germs (I know, I know, I need to get over it before she's in preschool!), and I get sick a lot more often when I'm sleep deprived... hmm! I also have way back bronchitis when I get sick, almost every time, so that's something I hope to avoid.

I am obsessed with sleep... but rightly so: yesterday I was exhausted and felt depressed, defeated, frustrated, sad. Last night I slept great (for some reason!) and today was one of my top days EVER. Like, "this is what I always hoped motherhood would be like!". Love my little family. Beach, pumpkin patch, lunch (with baby in a high chair!), and we bought a new, natural king sized bed (thank goodness for no interest financing). That won't be delivered for a few weeks, though. But still, great day.

Now, if only I could get little miss to sleep without 45 minutes + of sucking to calm her down... hmm, seems the bedtime routine isn't working like it should anymore. P&H, I feel you with the sucking every hour stuff. I'm sorry he "lost" his thumb! What a drag. S had a better night last night, but I'm wondering if I'm just sleeping through more of her wiggles or something. I can't wait till the new bed arrives and we have room for all 3 of us - when we're all in the current bed together, S just stretches out and grabs onto whatever is in reach, so no one can really sleep. Sheesh!

Jen, I feel you on both the BLW and the Amazon Mom . I continue to give S tiny bits of whatever, and even cooked up some carrots for her to play with. I know she's getting a few little tiny bits but not much... I did buy some purees to try sometime, mostly cause they were so cute and teensy. But she seems more interested in grabbing and sucking than actual eating.

I know I'm going on quite lengthy (lengthily?) AGAIN, but I have two kinda dumb questions:
-now that our babies are getting bigger (mine's over 2' tall! ha ha), how do you rock yours to sleep? If I cradle her, she gets mad she's not nursing. If I hold her on my chest, she uses her feet to push off my lap and cranes her head back to look around. Little miss lookieloo! I need to start finding new ways to get her to sleep and rocking is kind of a fail... I swear this child needs a sensory deprivation chamber to sleep, she is WAY too interested in everything.
and
-do your babies do these little fakey coughs (that my neighbor's daughter calls "courtesy coughs"? I guess her son, 9 months, does them a lot too)? S is now doing them all the time to draw attention to herself... like, "ahem, ahem, excuse me, baby needing something here!". It's funny and cute but also annoying. I'm trying to ignore them a little...

TONS of babbling today. So so cute. DH says he's scared about what the future holds (he has a little sister and he said "when she was 2-3 years old, she just hung out naked and talked constantly, ha ha).
Still trying to get her to tummy sleep - she'll almost fall asleep and then push up and get pissed off. Argh!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page