April 2010 Mamas, through October 16th - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 213 Old 10-13-2010, 11:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sew_crafty_girl View Post
Is anyone putting baby to bed any other ways than sucking? I'm getting frustrated that everytime Anna wakes (Esp. minutes after I put her to bed) she needs to be nursed back down. Bedtime is a 2 hr affair some nights. I'm starting to worry that I'll miss a window of changing this if I dont start trying now. I've tried singing and swaying and rubbing and patting but she just gets more worked up until she gets boob.

Is there why point in trying to introduce a soother again or is that just replacing one sucking need with another.
JR goes to sleep in the swing so I: turn on the fan, turn on the cd (he needs music-I've never had a baby this receptive, almost truelly needing it before), give him a blanket (I have 2 flannel ones & am making more that I rotate but try to always have around, esp when bf'ing & sleeping) then nurse laying in bed. Once he's really done eating, I put him in the swing. He typically wakes about 1-2 hours later, I nurse and put him back in. He'll usually go 2-3 hrs then I bring him in bed with me at that or the next feeding which is usually 1-3 hrs after that.

I am still trying to introduce a pacifier. He needs to suck, doesn't handle the extra milk well, but has refused one until now. Neither of my boys has found something to suck (dd1 did her fingers, dd2 sucked her blankie). I introduced a blanket to soothe ds2 because he never took to anything else. That's why I do a blanket with JR. He snuggles it and rubs it on his face. I have a smaller one I use if he's in the crib.

I hope that helps. We've done a musical toy or cd and fan for all our kids but the last 3 slept in the swing until 10 months or so.

Sara: Separated Mom to , DD (9), , DS (5), DD (3), , & 4/5/10 + 2 & 1
#182 of 213 Old 10-14-2010, 12:53 AM

sew_crafty, I am in the same place. just spent almost an hour getting her to sleep and I know she's going to wake to have me resettle her anytime now. grr. I am working so hard on the patience thing... and reading Wonder Weeks does help some, since it reminds me it is all normal stuff, puts it into context (essentially, that our babies are learning that there is distance and relationships with people and objects at this age - so she knows I can leave her, but doesn't know how to follow me yet and freaks out. hence the clinginess, anxiety, shyness, fussiness, lack of decent sleep lately, phew!)... but it is still so frustrating. I feel like I barely have time to eat, work, sleep (ha!), maybe read a few pages of a book, with regular baby settling every 45 minutes or so until I give up and get in bed with her. I would love to have some time to myself, get some things done, have sex with my husband without interruption (imagine!). I miss those 2-3 hours I had before I went to bed in the past (long ago). but I'm telling myself it should get better soon... apparently 26-29 weeks can be the hardest, and we're in our 26th now. so. if I tell myself it doesn't last forever, that it might start getting better in a few weeks... maybe it will?

otherwise, my mantra right now is:
justaphasejustaphasejustaphasejustaphasejustaphase justaphasejustaphasejustaphasejustaphasejustaphase justaphasejustaphase

momto4plus4, I have the same problem with too much milk but she wants to suck and won't suck her own fingers (so she ends up on mine!) or take a pacifier. she's even trying to suck on her big toes more and more, and I'm like, "girly, your fingers are right THERE!". if I ever try to move her hands gently (or firmly) towards her mouth she gets so pissed and straightens her arms. sigh.

lucky for me she is a total doll in the daytime, babbling and grinning and being a sweetheart. here's a video my mom made:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU9Ob6sivMs
#183 of 213 Old 10-14-2010, 12:56 AM

Quick update:

We have a tooth!! I could see yesterday it was going to come through soon and today I felt it!! And we started solids today too - carrots, both pureed, whole and cut up into tiny bits. She was not thrilled with what made it into her mouth but had fun playing.

Both things make me both so happy and so sad. This whole last child first things/milestones are just killing me. I feel like I'm mourning her whole babyhood as we go through it. Instead of looking forward to the future I feel like I am desperately trying to hold onto the present and mourning the past......

Quick question: For those doing solids are you doing the whole same foods for 3 days thing for allergy reasons or not? That is what we did with DD1, but I want to give DD2 something new tomorrow especially since she didn't like the carrots today....

Sigh, this thread is so long I feel like I'm never going to have the time to sit down and do a nice update!

Mom to Morgan 4-3-06 and announcing Baby Kelsey 4-11-10
#184 of 213 Old 10-14-2010, 08:22 AM

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!! NO MORE 25!!!

DEAR 25,

DIE A DEATH. OH WAIT, YOU DID... YAY!!!!

NO LOVE,

LNF

Now *I* have some coffee to make!

Catholic wife in love.gifwith my husband, mom to superhero.gifx5,  babygirl.gifx2, angel1.gifx6. Birther of babes, baker of bread, and connoisseur of human folly. WINNER OF THE SILVER BIRTH STOOL, APRIL 2010 DDC! Happily hospital birthing with my BFF, Epidural Man.
#185 of 213 Old 10-14-2010, 08:39 AM

sew_crafty_girl -- Sprout definitely still has the association; since it's sucking his own fingers, though, there's no way for me to break it.

LNF -- Happy birthday!!!

snoopy -- No 3-day wait for us. We don't have any history of allergies or any reason to be concerned. And I'm mourning the stages as we're in them, too. It's weird. With DD, I was all about what was coming next and when she'd get there. Not this time. On the plus side, I feel like I'm actually noticing and appreciating who Sprout is Right Now.

Jen, former sys admin and current geek , wife to DH , SAHM and Montessori homeschool teacher to DD "Nugget" (05/07) and new arrival DS "Sprout" (03/31/10)
#186 of 213 Old 10-14-2010, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sew_crafty_girl View Post
Is anyone putting baby to bed any other ways than sucking? I'm getting frustrated that everytime Anna wakes (Esp. minutes after I put her to bed) she needs to be nursed back down. Bedtime is a 2 hr affair some nights. I'm starting to worry that I'll miss a window of changing this if I dont start trying now. I've tried singing and swaying and rubbing and patting but she just gets more worked up until she gets boob.

Is there why point in trying to introduce a soother again or is that just replacing one sucking need with another.
Well, from day one L has been pretty much put to sleep by bouncing. DH bounces her in the carrier on the yoga ball. But that isn't necessarily any better.

And nursing is how she gets resettled in the middle of the night

Hippie sympathizer and mom to L, 4.8.10.
Pet-mom to Squirt with FLUTD & Maya the deaf wonder dog .
#187 of 213 Old 10-14-2010, 10:38 AM - Thread Starter

solids: we're pretty relaxed too, no trials here, since we have no history of allergies. this week charlie has had a piece of cooked red cabbage, a shred of roast pork tenderloin, a lime slice, which he liked til it started to burn his skin i think ; and a french fry . seriously. it was a real potato though, at a local french restaurant, if that makes it any better.

i swear, even though we're only playing as far as ingesting anything, charlie's new thing is that he HAS to have some kind of food clutched in his little fist while we eat. a toy just doesn't cut it anymore. all i have to do is hold out something long enough for him to clutch, and it stays in his fist while he worries with it. he'll actually sit quietly while we eat in stead of lunging for everything in sight or yelling - yay!

off to try the jelly roll fold, advice i got from the diapering forum since every single poo lately has been a blow-out!

me+him for 15 yrs, welcomed our little one march 25th, 2010.

#188 of 213 Old 10-14-2010, 10:50 AM

And Pepper has graciously invited me to be the Godmother of the Legendary Lecherous Duck Benny!

Re Solids: I don't remember if I posted or not, but Mercy will be about 6 1/2 months old around Thanksgiving, so we are going to let her go gangbusters on Turkey Dinner. I'm not serving allergenic stuff anyways (I'm an asthmatic and I sometimes will react to tomatoes or strawberries) so turkey and sweet potatoes it is!

Catholic wife in love.gifwith my husband, mom to superhero.gifx5,  babygirl.gifx2, angel1.gifx6. Birther of babes, baker of bread, and connoisseur of human folly. WINNER OF THE SILVER BIRTH STOOL, APRIL 2010 DDC! Happily hospital birthing with my BFF, Epidural Man.
#189 of 213 Old 10-14-2010, 11:43 AM

Solids- we're doing roughly three days. But, for instance, she only got butternut squash for one day, because I didn't have a chance to feed her solids for a few more days, and didn't want to give her food that had been sitting in the fridge for so long.

Mostly it's just easy to do a few days of each food- I cook up extra.

We have no history of food allergies in my family, so soon I'll probably start to give her stuff more freely. My MIL was driving me nuts this past weekend with the talk of "soon you'll be able to eat this mac and cheese!" and "can she have potatoes?" (the potatoes in question were a "baked potato casserole" from Dickey's bbq- full of cheese and butter and who knows what else). I'd already told her that I was going to wait to do dairy for a while since she did have issues with it when she was younger. And I would have thought that the pictures I posted made it obvious that she was eating one food at a time right now. She also made a comment about how she'd love to gum on some toast. It wasn't that she said anything really horrible, but it was just sort of annoying. I remember at a dinner soon before my wedding she asked my friend if her son ate sweet potatoes. My friend said yes, thinking about jars of babyfood. MIL proceeded to feed her five month old a big fingerful of restaurant baked sweet potato loaded with butter and brown sugar.

Nobody really pushed us to start solids, but now that we have it seems to have opened the flood gates. If I go visit my family this weekend I'ms ure I'll have to take something for L to eat.

#190 of 213 Old 10-14-2010, 01:07 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I'll nurse J down and he'll be asleep and 10 minutes later he is awake and crying wanting to nurse again...but then he spits up cause too much milk! won't take a paci, won't suck on his hand/fingers/feet....he drives me batty

no circ/vax-babywearer-cosleeping-pumping/breastfeeding-homeschooling single mama

TTC #3

#191 of 213 Old 10-14-2010, 02:00 PM

and Happy Birthday LNF...goodbye 25

no circ/vax-babywearer-cosleeping-pumping/breastfeeding-homeschooling single mama

TTC #3

#192 of 213 Old 10-14-2010, 03:19 PM

I have something up my sleeve. No, it's not a platinum birthing stool. I'll say more when I know more about what's going on.

#193 of 213 Old 10-14-2010, 05:13 PM

Back from L's six month appt. ‎Stats are as follows: 14 pounds 12.5 ounces (25th percentile), 26.25 inches (50th percentile), and head circumference of 43.5 cm (75th percentile).

Pedi wasn't too concerned about the drop in weight percentile. She mentioned it, but considering L was bouncing like a mad woman in my lap she said it was obvious that she's a very active baby.

I tried to show her the lip tie, but it was pretty much dismissed. I don't think she actually looked. She just said it if it's not causing problems she'll grow into it eventually.

She handled her shots well. Cried for maybe 30 seconds total and is currently in the pack n play talking to her toys.

She did tell me that I should be offering solids at least every day now, and moving toward 2-3 times per day by 9 months, and that by 12 months they want the majority of her food to come from solids. Whatever. That's probably how it'll work anyhow, but I'm not stressing about it.

#194 of 213 Old 10-14-2010, 06:08 PM

rhi -- good to hear the appointment went well!

lnf -- do we get ANY hints? Because the birth stool was my first, second, and third guesses.

Jen, former sys admin and current geek , wife to DH , SAHM and Montessori homeschool teacher to DD "Nugget" (05/07) and new arrival DS "Sprout" (03/31/10)
#195 of 213 Old 10-14-2010, 08:23 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenfl View Post
[
lnf -- do we get ANY hints? Because the birth stool was my first, second, and third guesses.
wellllll..... can't be up her sleeve when it has to be GRANTED by the April 2010 Mamas!

rhi, glad to hear everything went well. my dr. is equally clueless about solids, but i didn't pick her for that advice, so . huh, i've gotta look up these charts. charlie was 15lbs 9 oz and she said 25th too. no way L's weight and charlie's weight are both 25th percentile! i have no idea which chart our dr. uses, i haven't been concerned enough to ask.
r
charlie is squirming in my lap, but i thought some of you guys might appreciate hearing that he just hung out in a wrap for an hour while i cooked gumbo .

#196 of 213 Old 10-15-2010, 02:02 AM

We're about to fall off the front page! Ack!

LNF - you suck. Spill woman, spill! (also, happy birthday lady, this is going to be an amazing year.)

Nursing to sleep: becky still needs to "nurse to sleepy", but there is a magic moment where I can detach her, get her in bed, and let her find her thumb. if I miss the magic moment, I am stuck with an overtired baby, because she really doesn't nurse to sleep.

Solids - I've been too lazy this week to do solids, other than cheerios. Also: becky loves a bottle, and will hold it for as long as there is water in it. Who knew? Now if i can just manage to pump.

And since I;m doings pictures, how about a few more:

Becky is pushing up onto her knees, getting ready to pull herself up. No, baby!

She loves to take baths with her sisters. The feeling is mutual.

She also loves to eat fabric.

And I am So lucky. Even on bad days, these girls are my little rays of sunshine.

Ivory, partner to Tom, mama to Ella (12/9/05), Alice (12/8/07), and our newest addition, Rebecca (4/1/10).
#197 of 213 Old 10-15-2010, 03:48 AM

just want to say that J LOVES to stand. I mean this kid will stand for an hour...although he can't sit nor really do anything else...but he can stand!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...6&id=559354280 (let me know if the link doesn't work)

We've been to the pumpkin patch twice now. The first time was more photo op and it's a small lame PP and we had plans to go to the big nice fun PP..but now I can't afford it. So today we went back to the small lame PP and I got a 55lb pumpkin to clean out and stick J in for photos...fun times.

Today he wore the same outfit C wore to her first time to the patch, same PP.
baby C(3.5-4m) http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...0&id=559354280

J(8m) http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...7&id=559354280

a cute picture of the 2 of them http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...2&id=559354280

yes, I am horrible and dress them matching sometimes they are so cute

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...0&id=559354280

oh and today I got short with a woman who asked me if I was sure HE wasn't a SHE. This is ABSOLUTELY the THIRD time I have been asked this question. I ONCE AGAIN responded "every time I change HIS diaper I am sure HE is a HE"...seriously.

TTC #3

#198 of 213 Old 10-15-2010, 08:50 AM

Adorable pictures, you guys!! Ivy, I especially love the one of all your girls.

Ericka -- at the people asking you if J is a girl. Seriously, what are they thinking?! I guess that's it -- they aren't thinking.

AFM -- I'm loving the BLW book. I'm feeling a lot more confident in letting him play around with our food, not cooking especially for him. Last night he had a corn cake and broccoli. None of it really made it down the hatch, but he played and tasted a lot.

#199 of 213 Old 10-15-2010, 10:27 AM

rhi - um - I think DS was still mostly on BM by 12 months. LOL - He didn't really like solids much til later. Though now that I think about it, I wonder if that was because of food allergies.

so I noticed dark circles under dani's eyes after doing banana - can you get allergy eyes from food? I am only freaked otu b/c i just has s food interance blood test done and i'm intolerant to bananas (amongst other things). anyway - I think next week I am doing appleas and peas.

~ Professor Mama to Gabito (July '07) & Danita (April '10) ~
A PhD = + +
#200 of 213 Old 10-15-2010, 11:22 AM - Thread Starter

jenfl, which BLW book do you have? i didn't get one thinking i'd just read here, but i think i'd like more specific info...

ivy and ericka, great pictures, thanks! J has SUCH red hair, i'm jealous! i keep hoping charlie has it, but it's really more blond now.

#201 of 213 Old 10-15-2010, 12:02 PM

I'm FINALLY caught up!! Hooray. I've been reading here a little bit each day but my mom and MIL came to visit and I haven't had a chance to read all the way through. The downside is that the only reason I caught up is because I'm sick and can't do anything else It's shaping up to be a lovely infection too. I just started with a sore throat yesterday and already my ears are hurting.

Leyla's been nursing like a fiend at night because she's sick too. She goes two hours at the beginning of the night but starting at around 3 she wants to nurse continuously until morning and of course I'm sucked dry by around 5 so then she won't resettle. I had two big bowls of oatmeal this morning to try and boost my supply a little.

I have to thank my lucky stars that Leyla is a good sleeper for the most part. She started putting herself to sleep for naps around 4 mos, then regressed for a couple weeks and now she's doing it again. I change her diaper, put her in her crib, give her her paci and her snuggibear, pull down the blackout shade, and start her mobile, a kiss on the forehead and I walk out. Sometimes I need to go back in and put the paci in and give her her snuggi again but I rarely need to rock her to sleep anymore. At night I put her down in her crib at 7 and she usually stays asleep to at least 9:30 then I take her upstairs to our room and nurse her to sleep and put her in her bassinet. After the first night feeding she sleeps with us. I just hope my next child isn't a royal terror to make up for Leyla being so good.

We're still not really doing solids here. Leyla's only 5.5 mos and she still has a pretty strong tongue thrust. She's starting to sit but can't sit properly on her own now and she doesn't have the pincer grasp yet. I'm not in a rush to deal with the mess of feeding so I think we'll just wait. A friend of my mom's EBF'd for the whole first years and her kids were super healthy. My logic is anything other than breastmilk is inferior to bm so why try putting that stuff in her sooner, it just makes it harder to balance her diet. My doctor's not at all like Rhi's, he's encouraged me to hold off completely until 6 months so it's nice having that support.

Everyone's babies are just adorable. I haven't posted any photos of Leyla yet so here's my favorite so far http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...057.1149663442

Car rides: My mom, Leyla, and I went with my DH on a business trip up to Cincinatti because there's an awesome Gap/Banana Republic/Old Navy factory Outlet there (I got $2 jeans!). It's a 5 hour drive and I thought Leyla would be okay because she usually sleeps in the car. Well her teeth (which still aren't in by the way) decided to do some moving that weekend and she cried almost the whole way there and back. I was a stressed out mess and had no voice because the only thing that calmed her down was me singing to her so I sang and sang and sang. We were thinking of driving up to NJ for Thanksgiving, yeah that is SO not happening.

Organic gardening, raising, SAHM to my precious baby girl Leyla, born 4/29/10, ten days late and after 32 hours of labor but well worth the wait!
#202 of 213 Old 10-15-2010, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenfl View Post
Adorable pictures, you guys!! Ivy, I especially love the one of all your girls.

Ericka -- at the people asking you if J is a girl. Seriously, what are they thinking?! I guess that's it -- they aren't thinking.

AFM -- I'm loving the BLW book. I'm feeling a lot more confident in letting him play around with our food, not cooking especially for him. Last night he had a corn cake and broccoli. None of it really made it down the hatch, but he played and tasted a lot.
Yesterday was the THIRD time I have been asked. I was asked the first time at the grocery store when I was told he was too pretty to be a boy and I responded the same way. I couldn't actually believe people would ask if I was sure? I just say yeah when I change his diaper I am pretty sure, it doesn't just go away.
Honestly I don't say anything anymore, it's campbell who says "HE IS A BOY" when they start talking to her about her sister...I only got short with the woman yesterday because she told campbell she was wrong..not that way but what I caught was "your sister is so cute, i bet you like having a little sister" "HE IS A BOY" "no honey your baby sister your mommy is holding"...I said he is a boy and I just don't bother to correct anyone anymore. I honestly have only had 1 or 2 people say how cute my son was, everyone think he is a girl, that's why I just don't bother anymore

TTC #3

#203 of 213 Old 10-15-2010, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenica View Post
I'm FINALLY caught up!! Hooray. I've been reading here a little bit each day but my mom and MIL came to visit and I haven't had a chance to read all the way through. The downside is that the only reason I caught up is because I'm sick and can't do anything else It's shaping up to be a lovely infection too. I just started with a sore throat yesterday and already my ears are hurting.

Leyla's been nursing like a fiend at night because she's sick too. She goes two hours at the beginning of the night but starting at around 3 she wants to nurse continuously until morning and of course I'm sucked dry by around 5 so then she won't resettle. I had two big bowls of oatmeal this morning to try and boost my supply a little.

I have to thank my lucky stars that Leyla is a good sleeper for the most part. She started putting herself to sleep for naps around 4 mos, then regressed for a couple weeks and now she's doing it again. I change her diaper, put her in her crib, give her her paci and her snuggibear, pull down the blackout shade, and start her mobile, a kiss on the forehead and I walk out. Sometimes I need to go back in and put the paci in and give her her snuggi again but I rarely need to rock her to sleep anymore. At night I put her down in her crib at 7 and she usually stays asleep to at least 9:30 then I take her upstairs to our room and nurse her to sleep and put her in her bassinet. After the first night feeding she sleeps with us. I just hope my next child isn't a royal terror to make up for Leyla being so good.

We're still not really doing solids here. Leyla's only 5.5 mos and she still has a pretty strong tongue thrust. She's starting to sit but can't sit properly on her own now and she doesn't have the pincer grasp yet. I'm not in a rush to deal with the mess of feeding so I think we'll just wait. A friend of my mom's EBF'd for the whole first years and her kids were super healthy. My logic is anything other than breastmilk is inferior to bm so why try putting that stuff in her sooner, it just makes it harder to balance her diet. My doctor's not at all like Rhi's, he's encouraged me to hold off completely until 6 months so it's nice having that support.

Everyone's babies are just adorable. I haven't posted any photos of Leyla yet so here's my favorite so far http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...057.1149663442

Car rides: My mom, Leyla, and I went with my DH on a business trip up to Cincinatti because there's an awesome Gap/Banana Republic/Old Navy factory Outlet there (I got $2 jeans!). It's a 5 hour drive and I thought Leyla would be okay because she usually sleeps in the car. Well her teeth (which still aren't in by the way) decided to do some moving that weekend and she cried almost the whole way there and back. I was a stressed out mess and had no voice because the only thing that calmed her down was me singing to her so I sang and sang and sang. We were thinking of driving up to NJ for Thanksgiving, yeah that is SO not happening.
I wouldn't say J is a royal terror, cause he is only 8 months old, BUT he is way different than C was when she was a baby. She was such a happy baby, always smiling. She slept great, rode in the car great, would play alone great. J on the other hand can't be put down, sleeps like sh*t, cries in the car(bloody murder screams), can't be alone for 1 second, cries A LOT.
Not saying the second child is always like this, but I definitely believe it's because I had it so easy with C...I have heard you have opposites.

TTC #3

#204 of 213 Old 10-15-2010, 12:52 PM

Ericka, that is SO weird. People are freaky! I love his red hair . I'm a redhead and my husband is pretty Irish looking so even though Symphony very obviously has brown hair growing in, everyone is determined to decide "no, no, I can see some red!". Oh well

Ivy, your kids are adorable! Where did you get that thingy that's holding Becky up/ steady in the bath? We need something like that... DH won't get in with her, but she hates lying down for bathtime now (or for anything but nursing) so it's becoming a struggle... slippery buns on the bathtub floor make sitting up unsteady.

We are still sleeping just awfully here. From about 2-7 she was crying and fussing every half hour or more, and nursing like an addict. Her brain is just on fire and she is talking like a maniac. Not sure if she'll start crawling or pulling herself up anytime soon but she wants to be doing SOMETHING. I really hope this phase passes soon - I feel like a zombie.

Gotta go, fusspants!
#205 of 213 Old 10-15-2010, 01:24 PM

Jess- it is a recessive gene 100%. I have brown hair and I have not slept with anyone who had red hair...I think it skips generations, so I bet you might have some grandkids or great grandkids who have red hair

TTC #3

#206 of 213 Old 10-15-2010, 01:31 PM

P+H -- I got this one: http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Led-Weani.../dp/161519021X I, too, thought I'd just learn about it from here, but I just wasn't comfortable for some reason when we started to do it. I'm really loving having the book now.

#207 of 213 Old 10-15-2010, 02:28 PM - Thread Starter

thanks, jenfl!

#208 of 213 Old 10-15-2010, 05:32 PM

Ya, my sister is a redhead in a family full of blondes and brunettes. My half sister got the red hair from dad too. I'm the odd girl out.

J so looks like a boy to me. It's amazing how ignorant people are. I have people call Anna a boy whenever I have her in red. Heck, she's been in pink and called a boy too.

Our rainbow baby, Anna Beatrice was born April 11/2010 after 4 m/c. She joins 4 brothers and sisters.
#209 of 213 Old 10-15-2010, 05:52 PM

Jess, everyone is always doing the same with L's hair. Her daddy is a redhead and even though her hair is definitely a light brown everyone's convinced they seem some read in it. DH is Turkish so it's pretty crazy that he's a pale redhead but it skips a generation on his father's side of the family.

Organic gardening, raising, SAHM to my precious baby girl Leyla, born 4/29/10, ten days late and after 32 hours of labor but well worth the wait!
#210 of 213 Old 10-15-2010, 09:32 PM

Sprout has been super-fussy for a number of days now. And I'm starting to see why -- he's showing signs of 3 big leaps!

He's getting closer to crawling -- pushing up much higher, leaning forward almost to hands and knees and recovering, and balancing on hands and knees if put there (but usually lurching foreward and face-planting in the general direction of what he wants to get to ).

He's playing with his fingers more individually, starting practice toward the pincher grasp.

And he started babbling today! "na-na-na-na-na". And he's practicing opening and closing his mouth with his tongue partially stuck out. It's so funny. Nugget saw him doing it this evening and asked, "What is he DOING with his mouth?!"

So, yeah. Fuss fuss fuss, but it's getting us somewhere!

We spent the day rearranging the house to make room for Sprout as another kid (as opposed to a baby). His room is now his alone, not guest room + Sprout room. His toys are incorporated into the playroom and Nugget's toys that he can't use are in containers, out of reach.

I'm so happy to be getting to the older baby phase!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page