best walking shoes for a narrow footed 10month old - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-10-2010, 02:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone!

I have a 10 month old baby girl with narrow feet. She prefers to spend the majority of her time standing, cruising and walking holding our hands. I've found that the robeez moccasins fit her, but that she destroys them/can't get a good grip on the ground. The typical walking shoes are way too wide for her skinny feet, which are average size as far as length goes. Has anybody else run into this problem? What brands, if any, are for babies with narrow feet?
Thanks in advance for any help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2010, 02:11 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Depending on where you live, my answer won't apply right now. But I didn't put shoes on my walking 10 mos. They went barefooted. We live in San Diego county so I have that option. When going out and they needed protection from the weather, they wore socks and corduroy "shoes". More like booties with non-skid soles. They don't make them anymore, they make robeez instead. I hope this link is allowed. It's the only one that I found remotely like the ones I used to buy 30 + years ago. http://www.flickr.com/photos/isew/537354549/ When I looked for them for Dylan when he started walking, I had to sew them myself because I couldn't find them in stores anywhere. I found a website where you can buy similar ones http://www.flickr.com/photos/isew/537354549/

Chris--extended breastfeeding, cloth diapering, babywearing, co-sleeping, APing, CLW, homeschooling before any of this was a trend mom to Joy (1/78), Erica (8/80), Angela (9/84), Dylan (2/98)
Old 10-10-2010, 02:46 PM

My kids didn't really wear shoes at that age, Maybe Robeez or similar sometimes because they're cute. My daughter wore the Robeez Mini Shoez from about a year on, they have a little bit of a sole, sort of, and look a lot cuter than regular Robeez because they can hold the shoe shape. I don't think she really has narrow feet, but they are more narrow and less triangle shaped (if that makes sense) than my boys feet were. Shehas the Mary Jane style (like these) and they're really cute and easy for her to walk in.

Personally, though, if your dd isn't walking yet or is just learning I wouldn't put shoes on her at all for a while or while at home/indoors even after that. It's better for her feet and legs and it will be easier for her to learn to walk.
Old 10-10-2010, 06:06 PM

It was our experience that the robeez tredz were on the more narrow side... I have kids with fat feet, and they were too narrow....

But that was with my dd and 3years ago!

edit to add: I totally agree with the comment above about allowing baby to really get walking down before putting anything thicker then a robeez on... My almost 10 mo is walking well, but will not tolerate anything more then robeez. He is remove them ... I thin kthey like to feel their little toes gripping the ground...

hh2.gif  ~~~~~~~~~~hh2.gif

User Tag List