Mesh Feeders - are they worth it? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

View Poll Results: What's your take on mesh feeders?
This is a dangerous item! Don't give this to your baby! 1 1.59%
Expensive short-term investment and totally unnecessary 35 55.56%
A nice-to-have bit of baby equipment even if unnecessary 25 39.68%
Absolute must-have! Don't feed your baby without it! 2 3.17%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-08-2010, 01:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I put in things like frozen peas that I'm not comfortable with him eating on his own yet (at 7 months) because of the chance of choking, though I'm happy for him to eat. Peas, corn, things like that, I guess. Also avocado. I don't do purees, though.

I don't think it's necessary, but it's convenient for me and he gets to try a wider variety of foods, i guess.

Jenna ~ mommy to Sophia Elise idea.gif  (1/06), Oliver Matthew  blahblah.gif (7/07) and Avery Michael fly-by-nursing1.gif(3/10)

dizzy.gif Wading slowly and nervously into this homeschooling thing.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2010, 04:36 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I received a mesh feeder as a gift and tried using it, but my DD never wanted to eat from it. I don't know if she just didn't like the texture but she never wanted anything to do with them....

Memz, with mylove.gif and mommy  of babygirl.gif born 01/17/10 and 3 cat.gif familybed1.gifsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.gif

***4** *8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**stork-boy.gif40

Old 11-10-2010, 06:35 PM

After reading all the other replies, I decided to try giving it to her with a frozen applesauce cube. She LOVED it! Definitely useful as a teething pain aid. She also enjoyed it with frozen banana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy_v View Post

I've been meaning to post and ask about these too. My mom bought one for 8 mo DD (she said it was only a few dollars... Are they more expensive in Germany?). Anyway, I haven't used it yet. I do some BLW and some puréed/mashed food. The mesh feeder just seems weird to me... Eating through a piece of mesh doesn't seem very natural. Curious what others think and how they've worked out.

BTW, I haven't had any trouble with avocado. Maybe i haven't left them on the tray long enough?

ETA: I like the idea of using it with breast milk frozen cubes.. That would be great as she's teething & pretty uncomfortable right now!

Old 11-12-2010, 10:41 PM

We love ours! DD has been using them for months now. During teething we put frozen BM and fruit in there.

She has also had melon, peaches, apple, etc

We got alot of great use out of it and she still uses it on occassion. Not that big of a deal to clean for us.

Lovin my sweet babygirl 3-17-10love.gif and expecting another in March! love.gif

User Tag List