Novembabes '09 - They're 1st Birthdays! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 11-08-2010, 12:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Can you believe we are celebrating birthdays already?! Sorry I was late in starting the thread for this month but it's because I was planning Luke's birthday party. He is officially a year old as of yesterday. It's unreal. It went so fast! Well speaking of going fast he is also on the move - walking now- so I will have to keep this short. Hope everyone is doing well and that the party planning is going well. Do we have any others that have already turned 1?

Tired Mommasleepytime.gif of Lukejog.gif (11/7/09) and Dillonbabyboy.gif(9/19/11)
Practicing:novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed2.gifslingboy.gif  h20homebirth.gifwhale.gif and married to my DH Danielblowkiss.gif (6/3/06) Always remembering our angel babybrokenheart.gif (8/07)

#2 of 6 Old 11-10-2010, 02:25 PM

Happy Birthday Luke!!

We are not planning an actual 'party'. DH & I are not really into that kind of thing, so we'll wait until Xavi is old enough to want one/understand what one is/ask for one.

We do have a load of presents ready though... I think we really bought more than a 1 yr old will even care about, but we couldnt help ourselves! We plan on taking him out to lunch at his favorite restaraunt ( a Tibetan place, he totally digs the veggie dumplings and the noodle dishes) I may make him a 'cake' out of organic blueberry muffin mix and top it with yogurt, which he also loves. And then just let him do the 1 yr old tear into the cake and make a gigantic mess thing.

I just still cant believe my little baby boy is going to be a year old. He grew up so freaking FAST. He started walking on his own last week.

Mama to Xavian, born 11-24-09
#3 of 6 Old 11-12-2010, 04:56 AM

Gabe has 8 days to his 1st birthday, and spoiled man, will have 2 parties, the first of which is this Sunday - just a drop in thing for the in-laws side. There really aren't any kids on that side, so it just cake and pressies. Now, the Sunday after his actual birthday is the big party, including his wee friends, our friends and my family. That should be a blast! he loves hanging out with people and seeing other kids, so we are all looking forward to it!

He isn't walking on his own yet; has taken a couple independent steps, but I don't really call that walking. His balance is getting better and will no doubt be walking on his own very soon. To be clear though, the lack of independent walking hasn't held him back from getting into things! he gets where he wants to go for sure!

He has added at least one word for sure to his vocabulary: dog (also does mama and dada of course) and sometimes I think he says kitty or cat. and Bye (sometimes)

I officially brought my pump bag home this week, as I am off all next week and decided to hang it up at a year. We will continue to nurse as long as we both want to, but I am not pumping at work anymore. We are also ramping up his solids, which is going well. And he is STTN! or has for the last 2 weeks, which is fantastic! That is what is new with us . . .looking forward to hearing from the other Novembabes!

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#4 of 6 Old 11-12-2010, 07:11 AM

Omg I am jealous... Xavi has never once STTN! And sleep has been worse than usual this last week. Bedtime is typically 7-8pm , but last night he wouldnt go down until around 10, then was up at 11:30 till 1am, then slept, but had to be nursing in order to sleep, so I didnt get any sleep, then up at 6am. I am EXHAUSTED!!!

He was a super easy babe till about 7 mo or so, and he is definately 'high needs' now... he fits all but I think two of the things on the Dr Sears high needs baby list. I just keep telling myself, this will pass.. we will both be ok and it will pass, and I'll miss it when he's older and we are past this stage...!

He is such a joy during the day though (as long as I am right next to him!! haha) He has been doing a lot of creative and imaginary play on his own, and I love watching him, and seeing what he decides to do. Yesterday he 'nursed' one of his baby dolls, so cute!!!

I hope Gabe has an awesome birthday, sounds like he is in for a busy one!! And way to go on all those words, wow!!

Mama to Xavian, born 11-24-09
#5 of 6 Old 11-12-2010, 11:34 AM

If he was in bed with us, he would not be STTN. around 6-7 months, we put up the co-sleeper and started putting him in his crib to start out the night, and would bring him to bed with us at his first wake up or when we went to bed, whichever came first. about a month ago we decided to let him him continue to sleep rather than bringing him in bed with us, lo and behold, he STTN! now, he didn't always, some weeks it was only once or twice a week. but the last two weeks he has STTN consistently - between 9 and 10 p.m and at least 6:00 a.m.

as for the words  - they aren't always clear as day - but he says that sound consistently when he is looking at whatever. (dog, cat, etc) and he says something like "I did!" which is really cute.

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#6 of 6 Old 12-18-2010, 11:20 AM - Thread Starter

Well ladies it looks like we haven't had a whole lot of activity recently so I'm going to start a new thread over in the toddler section entitled: Novembabes '09 The Toddler Years. It will be an ongoing thread, no month to month anymore - I felt like we would start a conversation and the change of months would interrupt them so I hope that works. I don't know if all of our LO's are considered toddlers just yet but I'm sure that's just around the corner. I hope this will be a better solution. Hope to see everyone over on the toddler side!thumb.gif

Tired Mommasleepytime.gif of Lukejog.gif (11/7/09) and Dillonbabyboy.gif(9/19/11)
Practicing:novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed2.gifslingboy.gif  h20homebirth.gifwhale.gif and married to my DH Danielblowkiss.gif (6/3/06) Always remembering our angel babybrokenheart.gif (8/07)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page