August 2010 DDC thread for November! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 32 Old 11-11-2010, 02:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello ladies! This is a thread for those who were in the August 2010 DDC - can you believe we're being archived already?!?

So, what new "tricks" are your little ones up to? "Talking"? Chattering? Giggling? Rolling over?

Loving being a stay at home mamma to DD 10/07, and newly arrived DS 7/26/10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 32 Old 11-12-2010, 07:01 AM

Did you link to this thread in our DDC? I don't remember seeing it, I just fell upon this.

DS is smiling a ton, giggling and chatting all the time. No rolling over yet, though.

Colleen (35) married to Brian (35) 11/06; DD Emilia 6/6/08; DS Breckin 8/2/10
#3 of 32 Old 11-12-2010, 08:59 AM

DS is smiling and laughing. He's started chattering a lot. It seriously sounds like he says mama when he wants me, sometimes. And today it sounded like he said milk. I don't know that he is actually saying those things, but it's still kind of neat. He has become more and more playful. He's starting to play with toys some. He wants to sit up so much! He likes when we prop him up. I think it's because, then, he can see all the things going on around him. He hasn't started actually rolling over yet, but when he is on his back he rolls from side to side. He's been doing that for a long time. Nursing is still going really well. He's seemed to have a cold lately. So does his older brother. Still only waking once, maybe twice, a night. When he is on his belly he tries to lift up. He's getting his head and chest up pretty good for a couple of moments, while he looks around. So cute!

As for me, I'm doing good. I have a friend who works at curves and I went and worked out with her yesterday. First time I've worked out in a while and it felt GOOD! We've decided to challenge each other to reach goals. We have a wedding we're going to next month so that's our first goal, to lose some weight and gain some strength by. My big goal is to be pre-pregnancy weight by the time I graduate in July. I know it's totally do-able and I may even reach my goal ahead of schedule. It's just nice to have the support. I'm hoping that it will also help with the prolapse. Most days it doesn't seem too bad. The other day though, it really had me upset, because I could feel it more. I'm considering going to a counselor for support in dealing with that and other things. I was told it may self correct over the next year, if not, I *might* consider surgery for it, if it is really bothering me. Another thing I'm doing is working on a novel. It's my first year participating in Nanowrimo, though I've thought of doing it a few times. I'm really excited to be challenging myself like this. I don't write as much as I used to and I miss doing it. So far I've reach just over 14,000 words out of the 50,000 word goal. I'm pretty pleased with myself. Usually when I write stories I write a ton all at once from start to finish and then just let it lie. I don't usually go back and flesh them out into something better or anything. This time, I'm having to push myself to do that and to even try writing differently than I normally would. It's great! smile.gif

How is everyone else doing?

#4 of 32 Old 11-12-2010, 07:21 PM

We got DS's "school pic" proofs today. Now that we can have pics, I had to share!

school-b-4.jpg

Colleen (35) married to Brian (35) 11/06; DD Emilia 6/6/08; DS Breckin 8/2/10
#5 of 32 Old 11-13-2010, 07:24 PM

It goes too fast! I can't believe your babes are pushing up already! DD is growing rounder by the day. She isn't quite 3 months yet but already in 6 month clothing! All that good BM must be why she is getting huge and I'm shrinking fast. Just one size up from my pre peg size now. Amazing. It took a full year to reach this point with my last one! But she was a skinny minny, and this one is chunky monkey, and I'm tandeming to boot, so maybe that is why. Trying to get DD1 to wean (she's 4), which might slow the progress. But I hope she does because nursing two is just too much right now.

CD'ing, homebirthing, milk making school teacher. Supporting my family on my income and trying to get out of debt in 2013!
#6 of 32 Old 11-18-2010, 05:45 PM

How is everyone doing this week? Ready for Thanksgiving?

I've been busy with birthdays and birthday parties for my girls lately. Along with their school activities and trying to do any Christmas shopping I want to get done. I have been getting out to work out with my friend some and it's been great! Although it's been weird leaving my little guy to go and do things like work out and go to my dd's school Thanksgiving lunch. I start school in 2 weeks and I'm hoping he handles that well. Night time seems to be harder on him. He does a lot more nursing before bed. During the daytime I can do stuff for 2-3 hours in the evenings it's more like every 30 mins to an hour.

#7 of 32 Old 11-19-2010, 10:51 AM
LZP

Hi ladies!

I haven't been very active around these parts lately. I'm reading and trying to stay caught up, but am just being way too lazy to post.

DD was 4 months yesterday (happy 4 month b-day to the other 7/18 babes too!) and she was conceived exactly one year ago today. Wow. I can NOT believe it's been a year. It's flown by, and been so slow at the same time. The beginning of pregnancy just draaaaagged on for me, I was so anxious to get to a place that i felt "safe" and like things would be OK. Now I wish I hadn't wished it away. Next time I hope to get to savor it more.

We're hosting Thanksgiving dinner, as we have for the past 3 years, and will into the foreseeable future. I'm working 4 days a week, and it's just enough to make life really complicated and difficult! DH travels ALL THE TIME- basically he's only home on weekends. It's hard to get used to, but we're figuring it out. The house is just a mess pretty much all the time, and there's nothing i can do about it. SO, it stays :) 

AV is doing great- cooing, playing with some toys (or trying to hold on to them for more than 5 seconds and get them into her mouth as quickly as possible!) She is chatting up a storm, and it's hilarious. We can have full babble conversations now. When she's just eaten, it is the most enjoyable, bc she's milk drunk, and just plain gleeful. She'll pop off the boob, lean back and just start laughing, babbling and screeching in delight. Makes my day every time. She's still not rolling over on the floor, but can do it on the bed, I guess bc it's softer and easier for her to yank her arm out from under her? she is starting to at least tolerate tummy time, now that she can get her head and chest off the ground better. she actually smiled during a session lat night instead of just grunting and crying.

I've been fighting a sinus infection for the last 4 weeks, and am on my second round of atbx. TOTALLY against what I normally do, but I was sooo sick of the pain, congestion and post nasal drip... I got tested for strep throat, and they found that I still have a pretty hefty colonization of GBS (normal to have presence in the throat apparently- according to CDC and mayo clinic. GROSS. ) I'm a little nervous about passing it on to AV, but her ped doesnt seem concerned at all... so I guess I shouldnt be either.  She and I are taking our probiotics regularly to keep thrush at bay and hope to avoid it at all costs!

We're just gearing up for the holidays. I'm making sets of playsilks for my neices, G-d Daughter, and DD (for when she's older, and for now we can just use as peek-a-boo props!) I am soooo excited about it.

Otherwise, there isnt much to report. How is everyone else doing?

Thought I would add a pic. She was helping me bake this past weekend. Sorry it's a little blurry, she just doesn't sit still!!  such chubby cheeks and long and lean everywhere else...

avp17wks.jpg

The babymoon isn't over! Our long awaited A born 7/18/10, making us laugh and smile every day.
#8 of 32 Old 11-20-2010, 08:29 AM

Hi Mamas, subbing!

DD is almost 12 weeks, and almost 15lbs! She is smiling a lot and her big brother adores her. I have mastitis for third time, I think it's never really resolved from the first time. Taking antibiotics now, and lots of probiotics for me and DD, just like LZP.

Wife to Bear - Mom to DS 7, gifted with SPD and DD 2, a Joybunny!
#9 of 32 Old 11-20-2010, 03:39 PM

It's hard to believe a year ago I was pregnant and didn't know it. Thankgiving dinner smelled horrid and I could barely eat. I thought I was sick. Little did I know it was the start of almost five months of "morning" sickness. So excited for this year. I'm eating two pieces of pie to make up for last years misery! thumb.gif

CD'ing, homebirthing, milk making school teacher. Supporting my family on my income and trying to get out of debt in 2013!
#10 of 32 Old 11-20-2010, 09:11 PM

well josh was due in august, but born in september... he's 11 weeks old today and weighs around 16lbs!!!!! i just started swapping him over to 6-9mo clothes. he is such a chunk. he's smiling, laughing, cooing. as for me, 30lbs just melted off, i'm only 12lbs over my prepreg weight. amazing it took me 9 months to get to this point with my others. some days life feels crazy and others i feel like i have it all together. i must say the change to 3 has been so easy. not like going to two, that was tough.

mama to DS born 9/7/05, DD born 8/20/07, DS born 9/4/10 and DS born 11/26/13

Loving our chaotic, crunchy, homeschooling life!
#11 of 32 Old 11-23-2010, 04:45 AM

So nice to see everyone here! The photos are super adorable!!! I can't believe Adrian is 3mo already! He's doing great, rolling over, pushing up during tummy time, giggling and grabbing at toys and things. He's soo cuddly and squishy. He still has a bit of colic occasionally, but it's getting better. I just love to watch him and his big sister, who adores him, interact more and more.

Cherie: Ex-pat Mama in France to Chiara (Mar 08) and Adrian homebirth.jpg(Aug 2010) . cd.gifsewmachine.gif,winner.jpg
#12 of 32 Old 11-25-2010, 06:46 AM

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! :D

#13 of 32 Old 11-27-2010, 07:46 PM

So I haven't posted much lately, just been busy with life... but ummm am I the only one from our ddc who might be pregnant again?!?!?! *Sigh* DH and I were reunited about a month ago... and well, protection was not on our list as we had the honeymoon stage! ha. Now, I am certain I am pregnant again.... we will see I guess. The thought have having three kids under 3 scares the crap out of me!! ha. HELP! lol. 

Kourtney, happily married to my soldier and raising ds 7/08 .... dd 7/10..... and ds 11/11

#14 of 32 Old 11-28-2010, 02:56 PM - Thread Starter

Woo! You go girl! I've been wondering who would be the first in our club to get pregnant again! Keep us updated :)

#15 of 32 Old 11-29-2010, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaKitten21 View Post

So I haven't posted much lately, just been busy with life... but ummm am I the only one from our ddc who might be pregnant again?!?!?! *Sigh* DH and I were reunited about a month ago... and well, protection was not on our list as we had the honeymoon stage! ha. Now, I am certain I am pregnant again.... we will see I guess. The thought have having three kids under 3 scares the crap out of me!! ha. HELP! lol. 

Wow! Congrats! Keep us posted about if you are or are not in the July '11 (?) DDC. I wanted to be, but now that my PP hormones have toned down, I'm thinking a little spacing would be better for my sanity.

#16 of 32 Old 11-29-2010, 07:39 PM

That would be where I would be joining.... I'm too afraid to test yet. Ha! I did tell DH it would be pretty cute twenty years from now to look back and tell our story through deployment babies. Ya know, "you came after the deployment from _____  and your sister was a honeymoon baby from the deployment to ____ " lol.... could make for some good stories later in life I suppose ;)

The only down side is we aren't sure DH will be stateside this summer. He is supposed to be gone then. He barely made it home for this birth (only home for a week then had to go back) and I honestly do not want to face birthing without him. So I'm a little scared about it all. I will definitely keep everyone posted!

Kourtney, happily married to my soldier and raising ds 7/08 .... dd 7/10..... and ds 11/11

#17 of 32 Old 11-30-2010, 06:37 AM
LZP

Wow Kourtney! I was wondering who would be first too! I hope it all works out well for you and your family. It would be a lovely way to tell your story :)

I was thinking I wanted to start trying again right away. Then DD started wanting to nurse every 2.5 hrs again throughout the night... and I feel like I have a newborn with the energy of a VERY curious 4.5m/o. I'm one tired mama. 

Just got my first PPAF this morning. UGH. anyone else yet?

The babymoon isn't over! Our long awaited A born 7/18/10, making us laugh and smile every day.
#18 of 32 Old 11-30-2010, 05:21 PM

Wow! Good luck!

My little pumpkin is doing great! She's about 16 lbs and 4 months on Friday! She still eats constantly and I am about to put up her 3-6 month clothes!! I can't believe she fits in 6-9 month clothes!! We have pictures on Colorwithwords.com

I have not had a pp period yet! At 8 weeks I had a small gush but it was done immediately, crazy!

I am still finding my groove as a SAHM! Trying to balance housework and improvement ideas with Emery is hard!
#19 of 32 Old 12-01-2010, 05:41 AM

Yes, Mommakitten, please keep us posted!

Things are good here for the most part. I started back to school last night. So far my little guy does NOT like to take a bottle. We've been trying to get him used to it, but it just isn't happening. He may have eaten a little milk last night when his sister tried to give him a bottle, but not enough to really be noticeable. I'm gone from about 4:30 - 10:30. I don't want his 6 hours of not eating to be while I'm gone. I want it to be while I'm sleeping! He is about 3 and a half months now and is fitting nicely in the 3-6 month clothes. His 4 month appointment is still a couple weeks away so I don't know how much he weighs or has grown. 

We just found out that next fall we'll be moving up to Michigan. We're excited. I'll graduate just before we move. I think that is all the news here. Hope everyone is doing well!

#20 of 32 Old 12-01-2010, 03:36 PM

joy.gif My little one cut her first tooth today! I can hardly believe it. She is growing so fast.

#21 of 32 Old 12-02-2010, 07:12 AM

Wow mommakitten! That would be crazy! Let us know when you decide to brave it.

Miss_nikki, did you win nano?
I never did until I had kids and I won last year and this year.

Not much here, Zaphira is so different from Zan, it's insane. My pp hormones have run their course and I'm liking the person I am now a lot better. I was really hating how I was acting toward my husband and toddler. greensad.gif. Things are much better and easier now! Zaphira adores being worn and I got a new shorty wrap I'm slowly starting to master.

Would anyone else be interested in a FB group? That's easier for me than a thread here but whatever.

Mama to a wild thing (10/08) and a new thing (8/5/10) and wife to the love of my
Typos+weird words=typing on my iPhone
#22 of 32 Old 12-02-2010, 07:45 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarlady View Post

A:joy My little one cut her first tooth today! I can hardly believe it. She is growing so fast.

Teeth???  Already?!?!  I am sooo not ready for another teething baby!  My 2-year-old is still working on her molars and can be a real bear when she's teething.

You held yourself to only two pieces?  Hmmmm.... maybe I need to develop some more self control.  :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarlady View Post

AIt's hard to believe a year ago I was pregnant and didn't know it. Thankgiving dinner smelled horrid and I could barely eat. I thought I was sick. Little did I know it was the start of almost five months of "morning" sickness. So excited for this year. I'm eating two pieces of pie to make up for last years misery! :thumb

Elizabeth - Doing life with Scott partners.gif

SAHM to Evelyn - my crazy little Celiac (4) energy.gif Annabelle (2)  love.gif and Abraham (born 6/20) buddamomimg1.png
adoptionheart-1.gif  Follow our journey  mdcblog5.gif

#23 of 32 Old 12-02-2010, 07:51 AM

I forgot to write anything about my sweet "little"  Annabelle.  She is so much fun!  She is rolling over and loves to push up on her hands when she's on her belly.  She's sleeping better than her big sister did which is fabulous!  She takes 3 naps a day and they are starting to be at pretty regular times and is up twice in the night for snacking. 

I finished losing all but 2 of my pregnancy pounds thanks to a bout of the stomach flu.  It's certainly not a weight loss plan I would recommend!  It made me remember being pregnant and how much I don't miss that feeling!

Here's my little cuties:

IMG_0352.JPG

SAHM to Evelyn - my crazy little Celiac (4) energy.gif Annabelle (2)  love.gif and Abraham (born 6/20) buddamomimg1.png

#24 of 32 Old 12-02-2010, 11:02 AM

I'd be open to a FB group. I did not win nano this year. I made it almost to 20,000 words and then I had my dd1's b-day to celebrate and a b-day party to throw for her, then Thanksgiving, and then starting back to school. I was so overwhelmed with all of that, I just stopped. I burnt out. However, I'm planning to print off what I did do and organize my thoughts and work with it again starting in January. I didn't reach my word goal, but I do think I have the start of something really good. I plan to try again next year though.

#25 of 32 Old 12-02-2010, 02:46 PM

We just got some of the family pictures we took a couple weeks ago back.  I cried.  They are so precious and capture my girls so well. 

http://franczykphotography.blogspot.com/2010/12/behrens-family.html

#26 of 32 Old 12-03-2010, 10:05 AM - Thread Starter

What awesome photos! You must be so pleased with them! You guys look so cute in your cardigans :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchyChristianMama View Post

We just got some of the family pictures we took a couple weeks ago back.  I cried.  They are so precious and capture my girls so well. 

http://franczykphotography.blogspot.com/2010/12/behrens-family.html

#27 of 32 Old 12-03-2010, 11:37 AM

Well hello everyone! I've been seriously deprived of computer time and I don't think I've been around since Asa was born. But I'm trying to get a little screen time now. We just moved into a new place so we've been extra busy but we love it here!!! More space for the kids, a basement for DP's band, a backyard and an attic play room for DD. OH, and a FIREPLACE for the holidays! I'm so excited.

Asa will be 4 months in a couple days. He's sooooo big I can't believe it. He hasn't had an official doctors appointment yet (born at home and we don't really do doctors unless there is a reason) so I don't have an exact weight but I think he's around 17 pounds. He's long outgrown most of his clothes. He's wearing 6-9 months and has several 9month peaces that fit him great. He's been rolling over and trying desperately to sit up. He laughs a lot and is a happy little boy. He still looks just like his Papa. He's DP's little clone. He's been totally wanting to eat and we just recently gave in and started him on some baby purees. I wanted to BLW (BLS) but he was grabbing at our food and then SCREAMING when he couldn't get it to his mouth. Since we've started feeding him he sleeps better, poops better, and he's basically eliminated the 2 hour screaming fest he was doing at night. He seems totally ready to eat, no tongue thrust and he grabs the spoon shoves it in his mouth and then cries until I get the next spoon full. And the kid still nurses round the clock...lol. He's just a growing boy I guess, but he's getting too old for me. We always joke that he looks like he wants to jump up and start running around with DD.

As for me, I got my first PPAF back last month. Ugh. It was over a YEAR before I got it back with DD so it came as a TOTAL shock. I had some spotting the month before (2 month PP) and felt some twingy stuff in my overies. I was running around saying "I'm not ovulating, I'm not ovulating, I'm not ovulating". Then the next month I felt very clear ovulation and 14 days later had a 7 day long normal (for me) period. I'm so mad because this means I have to now explore birth control options. I can't handle any more babies for a.long.time. But BC makes me hormonal. ugh. Haven't really lost ANY weight yet. Granted, I admittedly haven't been actively trying but nothing has fallen off on it's own yet. I still have belly pouch just like I did the week after he was born. 

Anyhow, glad to hear from everyone. I'll post a pic when I get my camera back up and running.

Happily unmarried to DP guitar.gifParenting: DD (March '06) energy.gifwaterbirth.jpg, DS (August '10) fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.gifhomebirth.jpg, and our furry kids dog2.gifGuiney Pig, dog2.gifPo the POlice, and cat.gifMrs. Puff. Loving WAHM life in the Mortgage Bizz with DP.

#28 of 32 Old 12-08-2010, 01:23 PM

Thanks Lindsay!  That made me laugh because it makes us look like a little suburbanite family which doesn't really fit us.  We live in the city and love it!  Well, maybe not the crime, but otherwise it suits us well.  

Annabelle is 4 months old today!!!  She's weighing in at 15 lbs. 12 oz and is 24 1/2 inches long.  I can't believe how big she's gotten.  I thought Evelyn was a chunky baby and she was only 14 lbs. at 4 months!  Ha!  I had to bust out the 6-12 month clothing though because I couldn't get some of her pants over her thick thighs. 

#29 of 32 Old 12-09-2010, 02:56 AM

Well  no baby news yet over here..... I'm really going to not test until after the holidays. Things here are too crazy!

Little Evie is teething... she has "fangs" .... she must be a vampire ;) heh.

Question: I'm having a really hard time getting Evie to sleep. She all most seems "neurotic" to me. She constantly twitches and randomly tenses up and her arms bash around quickly. I'm lucky if I can get her to fall asleep by feeding, then lay her down in the crib (which I have yet to find a position she likes! tried belly and back, and working on side now) and then she usually instantly wakes up and is wide awake smiling. We repeat the feeding and laying down until she finally is out (3 or 4 times later) then she will sleep in the crib (which is two feet from our bed) anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours. Then she is awake and I am usually exhausted so I just bring her in the bed with us and feed her. The problem is I'm not sleeping because she is so ancy. She never stays still and sleeps. She is just restless, and she doesn't seem to be getting good sleep... and neither am I. I have no clue what to do. The only time she doesn't seem to do this is if she is sleeping in her swing. She actually seems to sleep fairly all right in there for lengthy amounts of time.

Any suggestions?

I should add Evie was/appeared to suffer from colic since birth. It seemed like that was maybe going away (few days maybe?) Then she started teething.

The hubby suggested rescue remedy before bed to see if that helps.... what do you think? I'm just hesitant to do anything, but I need to get some sleep. DH cant help ever because of the Army. So I'm really just trying to figure out what to do!

#30 of 32 Old 12-09-2010, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaKitten21 View Post

Well  no baby news yet over here..... I'm really going to not test until after the holidays. Things here are too crazy!

Little Evie is teething... she has "fangs" .... she must be a vampire ;) heh.

Question: I'm having a really hard time getting Evie to sleep. She all most seems "neurotic" to me. She constantly twitches and randomly tenses up and her arms bash around quickly. I'm lucky if I can get her to fall asleep by feeding, then lay her down in the crib (which I have yet to find a position she likes! tried belly and back, and working on side now) and then she usually instantly wakes up and is wide awake smiling. We repeat the feeding and laying down until she finally is out (3 or 4 times later) then she will sleep in the crib (which is two feet from our bed) anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours. Then she is awake and I am usually exhausted so I just bring her in the bed with us and feed her. The problem is I'm not sleeping because she is so ancy. She never stays still and sleeps. She is just restless, and she doesn't seem to be getting good sleep... and neither am I. I have no clue what to do. The only time she doesn't seem to do this is if she is sleeping in her swing. She actually seems to sleep fairly all right in there for lengthy amounts of time.

Any suggestions?

I should add Evie was/appeared to suffer from colic since birth. It seemed like that was maybe going away (few days maybe?) Then she started teething.

The hubby suggested rescue remedy before bed to see if that helps.... what do you think? I'm just hesitant to do anything, but I need to get some sleep. DH cant help ever because of the Army. So I'm really just trying to figure out what to do!

Will she let you swaddle her?  That might help with the thrashing about. 

I've been blessed this time around with a baby that happily puts herself to sleep.  I don't know how it happened because Evelyn was NOT like that at all.  Annabelle since about 6 weeks old has preferred to be laid down to fall asleep on her own than to be rocked/nursed to sleep.  shrug.gif 

If she's happy and smiley when you lay her down, if you let her hang out in there for a while will she fall back to sleep perhaps?  Sometimes Annabelle will talk and coo and smile herself to sleep, so it may be worth giving a shot!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page