when does the witching hour go away?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-13-2010, 06:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

DD has a meltdown every day around 5pm - regardless of when her last nap was, when she last ate, if we've been home all day or if I've just picked her up from daycare, etc. It's a struggle to make it to her already early bedtime of 6:30 or 7pm! She'll be 8 months old next week... I thought we'd be done with this witching hour business by now! (Also, she won't nap at this time, and I reeeeeally don't want to put her to bed this early, for fear of a 4am wakeup.)

Does this last for much longer? I used to take her for walks at this time, but now it's pitch-black at 5pm. I guess we could still go out for a walk, but I'd worry she'd just fall asleep (which she usually does when her surroundings are dark) and then we'd have to deal with her waking up when we get back home and having trouble falling *back* asleep.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2010, 06:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I always would put mine in the bath around that time.  For mine..a bath would rejuvenate them...even for just an hour or two.  Good Luck!  I remember that time well...in fact I still run into it with my two year old.  When she stopped napping altogether...she had that same witching hour thing again.  Awww...8 months old are so yummy!  I miss that age.

User Tag List