I sent a request.  I was actually in the July DDC, but had a 41-weeker :P

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 49 Old 04-13-2011, 02:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I asked to join (Theresa Rosenthal) :)

Holistic nutritionist, WAHM, new mom of first DD 08/29/10 and a precious baby due 2/13/12!

#33 of 49 Old 04-13-2011, 04:49 PM

i requested to join too! 

#34 of 49 Old 04-19-2011, 11:25 AM

Hi there, I am totally new here, but excited to join this August '10 thread! :-)

My DS is completely focused on learning how to walk, and is not at all into the idea of crawling (so far). He did not even see much use into rolling from back to belly until about a month ago... but there is nothing better than walking around while holding on to our fingers. He loves the 'baby led weaning' approach, and will not allow us to put anything in his mouth for him. He needs to be in control, haha. No teeth yet although there is a big bump showing, and many recent sleepless nights to count for that first one to pop through any moment now. Exciting times!

Although a total newbie, I'd love to join your FB group too, if that'd be okay?

Vegan mom of 3 year old DS who was born at home. Due of #2 on August 4, 2014
#35 of 49 Old 04-19-2011, 12:19 PM

I didn't join MDC while I was pregnant, but I wanna be part of the August '10 thread and facebook page! My LO will be 8 mo on the 25th. She's been mastering crawling this last month, and Loves baby led weaning. She wants to eat everything. Still breastfeeding like crazy, and really restless nights lately. She has her bottom two teeth, so not sure if more are coming in or if she's just restless because of a growth spurt. Yay for August babies!

1st time mama to my little Diogenes, born 8/25/10
#36 of 49 Old 04-20-2011, 11:57 AM

I requested to join but don't know if I was accepted?

Hi Moonlaila and Arieltron! Welcome. It's so exciting to hear about other people's almost-8-month-olds! Our DD will be 8 months on the 29th. She is crawling everywhere. Standing by pulling herself up on everything and she wants to walk but doesn't quite get the concept. No teeth here though we swear she's been teething since 2 months. Isn't it bizarre? It's so hard to tell when they'll come in! She is BLW too and LOVES it. Many people balk at the idea, but to watch you LO feed herself is just so rewarding. Today tuna fish sandwiches and my parents are visiting, they were amazed how much she actually ingests! :)

Naps are still all over the place. Just when I think we have a routine it changes. Many days she can stay up about 3 hours at a stretch before crashing. Other days she's back to 2 hours, max. Night sleeps are rough too. Sometimes she's in her crib from 7-12 with one wake and nurse before coming to bed with us. But then there are nights she wakes up every 20 minutes. There are sometimes awful screaming fits that are either her teeth or her ears.... anyone encounter ear infections yet? Any idea what you'll do if/when? Not up for antibiotics here and haven't done the research to know what drops are safe at this age...

Today is a good day - hence my ability to pop in on the forum. She's actually sleeping what will hopefully be an hour nap. :)

Take care all!

Holistic nutritionist, WAHM, new mom of first DD 08/29/10 and a precious baby due 2/13/12!

#37 of 49 Old 04-20-2011, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeRose View Post

Night sleeps are rough too. Sometimes she's in her crib from 7-12 with one wake and nurse before coming to bed with us. But then there are nights she wakes up every 20 minutes. There are sometimes awful screaming fits that are either her teeth or her ears.... anyone encounter ear infections yet? Any idea what you'll do if/when? Not up for antibiotics here and haven't done the research to know what drops are safe at this age...

Thanks, TreeRose! :-) 

Your description of the night sleep approach our experience pretty closely... DS has been waking up fairly frequently during the evening, maybe every hour, even before we make it to bed. We attached his crib to our bed so we have an improvised 'co-sleeper' set-up which is helpful because he generally wakes up rather frequently throughout the night as well. Yes, and sometimes he  also wakes up screaming/wailing, sigh. I contribute it mostly to teething and occasionally it's gas or a bowel movement that throws him off. But the teething seems to be the main issue, as far as I can tell. He tugs his ears a lot, also during these brief awakenings and I have learned not to worry that it's an ear infections since no other symptoms are there. Apparently the nerves in the gums are connected to the ones near the ears, and that's what is causing them to grab and pull those poor ears so often! Sears gives a good description of how to tell if you are dealing with a real ear infection and not just teething pain (The Baby Book, p 676). Sears mentions on the same page that mild ear infections generally do not need antibiotics... We haven't encountered ear infections yet, so I don't have any advise to offer for safe alternatives. 

Vegan mom of 3 year old DS who was born at home. Due of #2 on August 4, 2014
#38 of 49 Old 04-20-2011, 03:25 PM

I just sent my request as well.  :)

#39 of 49 Old 04-20-2011, 04:19 PM

Hi everyone!,

I'm new here and wanted to say hi.  My son was born in August 2010 too.  He's also getting his first tooth so we are not getting very much sleep!  He was always such a good sleeper from day 1 so this is really the first time we've had troubles with sleep.  Hopefully that tooth will grow in quickly! :)  I haven't tried BLW yet but I think I might start soon.  I've just been so nervous about the choking thing, but the more I read, the more comfortable I feel.  Plus I just think he would really like it.  We are still breastfeeding too!  I didn't think I'd ever make it this far because of supply issues I had starting when he was about 4 months old, but we are still going!  Anyway, I would like to join the Facebook page too!  I can't wait to get to know all of you better!

Erika

#40 of 49 Old 04-20-2011, 04:22 PM

My son was born August 18th too!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawingjello View Post

I am excited to find an August babies thread too!  My boy was born Aug. 18th.  He was 15.5lbs at his 4 month appt.  He has been laughing more and more lately.  He rolls over both ways.  He has been scooting on his tummy and sometimes gets up on his hands and knees and rocks.  Hasn't quite figured out the crawling thing yet and I hope it takes him a while longer.  We are frantically baby-proofing!  Just this weekend I frose some breast milk in an ice cube tray about 1/2 full, and put a cube in a mesh feeder for him.  He loves it!!  He really concentrates on it until it is all gone.  I am planning on waiting until he is 6 months to start solids and then offer him some banana.  He has been grabbing for my food lately and seems really interested.

At night, he sleeps with us.  He can either pass out on the breast at 7 or get the "crazies" and not go to sleep until 10.  He will nap in his crib but will not stay asleep there at night.  Since I work full time I usually choose a good night's sleep over trying to get him used to the crip at night so next to me he goes.  He will wake up anywhere from 1-5 times in the night to nurse and go back to sleep.  I really love the 1 time nights!

He has been teething on and off for a month or so, but no teeth yet.

Nice to catch up with you all!

#41 of 49 Old 04-25-2011, 05:28 PM

I requested to join on FB--Lindsay L.  Thanks!

~Lindsay, mama to Gunnar (5)  and George (brand new!) 
#42 of 49 Old 04-28-2011, 09:42 AM

I also requested to join - Melanie C. (I was due in September 2010, but DS didn't want to wait until 40 weeks!)

First time mom to Max, born 8.23.2010!
#43 of 49 Old 06-29-2011, 08:42 AM

Has the August '10 babies thread stopped and moved on to Facebook? I requested to be added on Facebook but never was. I'd love to chat with other August '10 babies' mamas if anyone is interested in continuing the thread!

#44 of 49 Old 06-30-2011, 06:59 AM

Sorry-I don't use a computer for fb a lot and the app doesn't show requests-can you try again? Not trying to exclude anyone!

Mama to a wild thing (10/08) and a new thing (8/5/10) and wife to the love of my
Typos+weird words=typing on my iPhone
#45 of 49 Old 06-30-2011, 09:41 AM

Thank you - what exactly is the title of the group so I make sure I have the right one?

#46 of 49 Old 07-02-2011, 09:52 PM

I never seem to have time to come to MDC anymore and was so excited to see an 8/10 DDC club thread!!!  Will send a request to join the facebook page!

Lisa, mama to A (3/05) and R (11/07) and L (8/10)
#47 of 49 Old 07-04-2011, 01:26 PM

So I joined the MDC August 2010 DDC group on FB and it says: Bead swap group for MDC August 2010 DDC. What's that? Is that the wrong name?

#48 of 49 Old 07-04-2011, 04:18 PM

I think this link should take you to it https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_123409044401692

It's Aug '10 babies DDC

(and anyone who wants to join, feel free, just please send me a message so I'm not adding any strangers or creepers)

Mama to a wild thing (10/08) and a new thing (8/5/10) and wife to the love of my
Typos+weird words=typing on my iPhone
#49 of 49 Old 07-06-2011, 12:05 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

sent a request too.....:) 

Heather , momma to ' Parker- 10, Carlee- 7 and our baby Genevieve Faith - 8-27-10

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page