I love my baby...this is an anti-vent post,like the oposite of a rant just b/c I need to say it. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 18 Old 12-21-2010, 09:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I just became a mama for the first time 3 months ago and I'm so in love with my baby. I feel so lucky to have him. He was a surprise baby and while I was pregnant as soon as I learned he was a boy I got this feeling that he'd be a very good boy,you know easy going and happy and calm and give me very little problems. That's exactly how it's been for the last 3 months. I'm loving being a mama so much more then I thought I would and I'm so happy. I still can't believe he's here with me and sometimes I cry b/c I'm so happy he's so perfect and beautiful!

#2 of 18 Old 12-22-2010, 06:28 AM

I know...Isn't it the greatest feeling!!!joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif

Memz, with mylove.gif and mommy  of babygirl.gif born 01/17/10 and 3 cat.gif familybed1.gifsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.gif

***4** *8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**stork-boy.gif40

#3 of 18 Old 12-22-2010, 09:50 AM

I'm with you ladies! I am a pessimist by nature and I was so surprised by how much I am enjoying my little bun. I thought that the first year will be just waiting till he is older and more fun, but I'm loving every moment. I didn't realize that he will give back so much because all I was told - babies just take take take. We have hard days sometimes and hard nights but it's all worth it to me.

luxlove.gif

sleepytime.gif
#4 of 18 Old 12-22-2010, 10:24 AM

I agree with this--I can't believe how much I love being a mom.  I worried so much that I wouldn't be able to give as much as was required without being grudging about it but I can! And I love it!

#5 of 18 Old 12-22-2010, 10:38 AM - Thread Starter

I always knew that I'd love it,but since I was going to be a single mama when it happened I thought it would me much.much harder then it has been so far. I expected sleepless nights and nights or days where we both cried! Neither of those have happened yet,he's such a calm and happy baby and he's only cried,really cried about 1-2 times a week and he stops as soon as he gets what he needs. I love being his mama and I don't even get mad when he's pooped in my bed,allowed me only 6 inches of space to sleep in,puked down my shirt or had diaper explosions right after his bath forcing me to wash him and change his clothes again! I just smile and laugh at these things.

#6 of 18 Old 12-22-2010, 10:44 AM

Well, my baby isn't content all the time, she does cry and fuss and barely naps and still wakes up several times at night but I DON'T CARE!!  I wanted another baby for so long, this is just great.  All the fussing and carrying on just makes me love her little personality more and is that much more rewarding when I can calm her down and she's happy again.  I wish I could have two more just like her :)

DD1 7/13/05 DD2 9/20/10
#7 of 18 Old 12-22-2010, 02:09 PM

This is a great thread for me to read today, because it's been a rough day. My nearly 9 month old is really fussy and cranky, as she's hitting a bunch of milestones all at once-- crawling, pulling up, cruising, babbling, teething, etc. She has hardly slept at all today either. Yet, even in the middle of my feeling really overwhelmed, I can't forget for an instant how much I love her and how she is my dream come true.

bedsharing, knitting, toddler-nursing, nerdy, babywearing mama!

familybed1.gif  knit.gif toddler.gif  geek.gif  momsling.GIF

#8 of 18 Old 12-22-2010, 05:17 PM

This is an awesome post!  I know the feeling.  It's indescribable.  Even on the bad days (ahem, or nights!) it is just so amazing to be a mom.  I spent a lot of time with a wonderful childless friend today, and I couldn't even find the right words to explain how great it is.  Thanks OP for such a joyful post!

I'm Rach, full-time mama and part-time doula.  I love my city life with Mr. J stillheart.gif, Little J diaper.gif (05/03/10), and brand new Baby V love.gif (02/11/13)!

#9 of 18 Old 12-23-2010, 02:40 AM

awesome thread!

this love is amazing isn't it?!

Mama to Luka - 22 February 2005, Tiisetso - 18 September 2010 & 3 angel bubbles
#10 of 18 Old 12-23-2010, 08:50 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you for enjoying my thread! I'm actually still in a bit of shock that I have a baby! he wasn't planned and really wasn't in the best place to have a baby or with the right guy,but everything has sorta fallen into place exactly where it should be it seems. I feel like "I got the right baby" you know? He just matches me so well. Sometimes I just can't believe he's mine though. I don't "look" like a mama! lol Mama's look all different ways though,so I don't even know what I mean by that statement. How the heck do I think I'm supposed to look now anyway? lol I was at a friends looking into the full length mirror with my son and he was smiling and cooing and seeing himself for the first time in the mirror and I was like OMG that baby is really mine!

#11 of 18 Old 12-23-2010, 09:11 AM

I get that feeling all the time, Mamita, and it literally takes my breath away! I now know the true definition of perfection, and she is named Cecilia. stillheart.gif

bedsharing, knitting, toddler-nursing, nerdy, babywearing mama!

familybed1.gif  knit.gif toddler.gif  geek.gif  momsling.GIF

#12 of 18 Old 12-23-2010, 05:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecilia's Mama View Post

I get that feeling all the time, Mamita, and it literally takes my breath away! I now know the true definition of perfection, and she is named Cecilia. stillheart.gif

Yep,you're right,I just checked my dictionary and I saw the names Cecilia and Mi jandro there under perfection!

#13 of 18 Old 12-26-2010, 09:36 AM

I just posted something similar in the Sept DDC!  I'm so in love with my little mousie!

Amanda
Mom to Reya (13) and Little baby Lila 9/22

http://arealwomanssweatjournal.blogspot.com

#14 of 18 Old 12-26-2010, 01:26 PM

I agree! I love sleeping with my babies, even though they wake me up every hour and a half or two. I can't imagine putting them in another room. I love holding them. I love just looking at them. I love talking with them, singing to them, flying them through the air. I love their poop and puke. Everything. I used to feel this way about my dog, but now the dog takes a far, far second seat to the babies. I never thought I would love staying at home with kids, but now it is the only place for me to be. This is a wonderful time of year and the best way to celebrate is with our tiny babies!!

Mama to twin boys born at 30 weeks. 5/21/10. 
nursex2.giffamilybed2.gifslingtwin.gifcd.gifsigncirc1.gifintactlact.gif
#15 of 18 Old 12-31-2010, 11:17 AM

Gosh I agree whole-heartedly. What a wonderful thread!!!

Holistic nutritionist, WAHM, new mom of first DD 08/29/10 and a precious baby due 2/13/12!

#16 of 18 Old 12-31-2010, 04:46 PM

Yummy yummy delicious!

This is my 3rd baby and I still feel excited at night that I get to wake up to that baby smiling and babbling (or farting) next to me in the morning.

Isnt it amazing that even when they fart right near your head, you are still so enamored?

#17 of 18 Old 12-31-2010, 07:08 PM - Thread Starter

He's so funny when he farts! Sometimes in his sleep he'll twist his body and arch his back then let put a nice loud fart! Then I start to laugh like crazy! Sometimes it scares the cat!

#18 of 18 Old 01-01-2011, 05:34 AM

Me too! Ds is not an easy baby, she fusses and cries, but she makes up for it by smiling and cooing whenever she looks at me and being just the most all around most adorable baby. Now that she is 3 months I see some of the kid she will become and it is just amazing! I often find myself looking at pictures of her when she is napping!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page