Best fleece one-piece? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 12-28-2010, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm looking for recs for a fleece snowsuit-type thing for using in the car seat.  We have the Old Navy one and have been using it, but the legs are SO short!  I even sized up to make room for her cloth diaper butt.  The sleeves are flopping around, but her little calves are always exposed.  The Hanna Andersson one is on super-sale right now, but it seems like it won't be warm enough since it's only one layer - the good thing about the Old Navy one is the double layer of fleece.  We're in MA, so we have some for-real cold. Any experience with the Hanna one?  Any other recommendations?  Thanks!

DD 2/28/10
#2 of 8 Old 12-28-2010, 03:26 PM

This one is awesome - but I see they won't ship it to the USA for some reason...

Oh well, if anyone in Canada needs one, this one is great!

http://www.mec.ca/Products/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524442627379&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302734821

#3 of 8 Old 12-28-2010, 04:34 PM

I spend what felt like forever trying to find a really warm bunting for DD - we live right on Lake Tahoe and it is not only cold but REALLY snowy! I had a hard time finding one that had covered feet, since DD isn't walking yet and her feet are really small and I had no luck finding her snow boots.

We just got this one a couple weeks ago and it is AWESOME - it is down-filled and lined in really soft fleece (even the hood). It is also waterproof which is great for taking her sledding, and for the price it's a tremendous bargain. If you go with this one I would recommend sizing up. I originally bought it in the 6 - 12 month size and the legs were too short, the 12 - 18 size fits her legs perfectly and the hand covers do fold back so even though the arms are long it really isn't a problem.

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/Product.aspx?baseno=2492U&cdf=SimilarProduct

~ Sarah ~ Living the mountain life with DH Dan hug.gif & DD Lillian 1.6.10 energy.gifand DS Jack 10.22.11 babyboy.gif Trying to find time to sewmachine.gif!!

#4 of 8 Old 12-28-2010, 07:12 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I LOVE the hanna andersson one we have!!!! I thought ds would need lots of layers under it (where we live is pretty cold in winter) but it is plenty warm- and light, and so so adorable- and ds doesn;t mind wearing it- highly recommended all around. Also easy to put on and off, and soft and cozy- perfect really! and ds looks so so cute in it! regarding warmth- we can go out in winters similar to what you have, in just one layer t shirt type thing, a sweater, and the bunting and it is plenty warm. go for it!

#5 of 8 Old 12-28-2010, 07:44 PM

The MEC ones are my fav, but they don't ship to the US, as a PP mentioned.  The LL Bean fleece suits are nice too.

Tandem nursing, Baby-wearing, Co-sleeping, Car seat-checkin' (CRST) Mama to my sweet boys, Peter (4.20.08) and Jasper (4.25.11).
#6 of 8 Old 12-28-2010, 09:02 PM

We got a two piece North Face one - it's thin, but we wear her and dress her in layers underneath as needed. I like having 2 pieces so we can be a bit more versatile. They also have one piece suits.

http://www.thenorthface.com/catalog/sc-gear/infants-3m-24m-jackets-amp-vests/infant-glacier-suit.html

Erica
DD September 2010, m/c October 2009
#7 of 8 Old 01-05-2011, 05:39 PM

GAP has some thick fleece "crawler" suits right now that are a nice insulating layer without being too huge under a harness. I layer that and then tuck a blanket around her after she's strapped in. 

Co-sleeping, Breastfeeding, EC'ing, Baby-wearing, Homebirthing mama to two fabulous girls 6/2007 and 8/2010
#8 of 8 Old 01-06-2011, 07:08 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the responses, everyone.  I ended up finding a second-hand L.L. Bean one on eBay for $7.  It's awesome!  We used it for the first time yesterday and the temp was in the twenties - she was toasty warm!  Highly recommended if anyone else is looking for one.

DD 2/28/10

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page