FEB 2010 December and January? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 01-04-2011, 11:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi!  I've had no time to check boards, but is anyone still around?  :)  We took a big trip for Christmas, and now we're trying to get back to normal.  Ben is walking!  He can make it halfway across the room before he falls down, when he's in the right mood.  :)

#2 of 16 Old 01-04-2011, 06:40 PM

I'm here!  Haven't been in a long time, but thought I'd check in!  Tanner is walking too - crazy how fast this time is going.  I am fairly certain that he is our last baby, which makes me sad that he seems to be growing sooo fast.  On another note, I started my first ppcycle today....with my first it took 18 mos, my second was 17mos and now,  (almost)12 mos!  Boo.  I could've held off a little while longer! 

: mama to 3 sweet boys, 10/21/03, 2/23/07 and 1/20/10
#3 of 16 Old 01-05-2011, 11:45 AM

I'm around.  I was never that active, but I'm back.

Anyone else experiencing sleep regressions?  DS has never slept through the night, but last night he was up five times.  The last time was nearly an hour!  This is a boy who nurses for 5-10 minutes and goes right back to sleep.  I am dying!  

Loving wife to a wonderful and Godly man, hug.gif  and SAHM to two beautiful boys, DS1, natural hospital birth (2/2010) and DS2, beautiful homebirth (10/2011) cd.gifnursex2.gif

#4 of 16 Old 01-05-2011, 04:26 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PseudoDiva View Post

Anyone else experiencing sleep regressions?  DS has never slept through the night, but last night he was up five times.  The last time was nearly an hour!  This is a boy who nurses for 5-10 minutes and goes right back to sleep.  I am dying!  

Ugh YES. Since 6 months, she has regressed and never come back to her lovely normal that she had the first 6 months.

Yay for the walkers! My girl isn't even crawling yet! She rocks back and forth and does a lot of face plants...I suspect crawling will soon happen. She loves standing and holding on and bouncing.

She has two bottom teeth and a top tooth is appearing. She is smiley and giggly and chatty and cuddly as ever.

Sara - Mum to C (10/02) ; m/c 10/07; 7/08; 3/09; Lucy Olive Feb 28, 2010 !
#5 of 16 Old 01-05-2011, 04:35 PM

I'll see you one crawler and raise you...no teeth.  

He just figured it out recently.  He is on the small side--just over 17 lbs, so I think that's part of it.

Loving wife to a wonderful and Godly man, hug.gif  and SAHM to two beautiful boys, DS1, natural hospital birth (2/2010) and DS2, beautiful homebirth (10/2011) cd.gifnursex2.gif

#6 of 16 Old 01-07-2011, 12:10 PM

I'm still lurking around.  There haven't been any major developments for us since our last thread.  Elsa stands alone easily but doesn't seem to realize what to do next - when she sees she's standing, she'll lean into you rather than step.  She's taken one step independently on two occasions, and she stopped army crawling for the most part and is true crawling now.  I don't remember if I posted that her eighth tooth erupted, so we're done until the molars come in.  Supposedly they don't start coming in until 13 months at the earliest, but her lateral incisors came in around six months, when I was told those are more typical around nine months, so who knows?

She loves moving around getting into stuff.  I've had to start shutting the bathroom door because opening the drawers and pulling all the stuff out is her new favorite thing.  Nothing is safe from this girl!

We have also been dealing with major sleep issues.  She went through a regression pretty much all through November and December and we're just now starting to slowly get back on track.  She used to wake up rarely at night, usually she'd kind of stir, and I'd soothe her without either of us waking all the way.  Then for awhile she'd wake up full on screaming, and settle fairly easily, but not always go back to sleep, and of course, that means I couldn't either.  Putting her to bed earlier seems to help her sleep better, but she refuses to go down for naps on a regular routine so some nights I can't get her down until late and then that screws up the next day.  I'm pretty much flying by the seat of my pants at this point.

It doesn't help that my husband is so gorram lazy.  I'm getting entirely sick of him not doing a thing to help me.  It's not even just not helping me, he actively makes more work for me.  He just doesn't pick up after himself ever, and is totally hands off with Elsa.  I pretty much have to beg him to entertain her so I can clean or cook or bathe myself.  He never gives her a bath or changes her diaper, or anything.  And I do everything, literally everything around the house.  I've talked about this over and over and I'm getting to the end of my rope.  At this point I feel like a single mom with a roommate.

We did have a really good Christmas though.  Elsa seemed kind of overwhelmed by everything, so I'm glad it's over now.  Of course now it's almost time to start planning the first birthday parties!  Can you believe it?

Mama to Elsa Louise: 2/10, 13lbs 8 oz  energy.gifand Oscar Allen: 7/12, 13lbs 8 oz  babyboy.gif

#7 of 16 Old 01-07-2011, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PseudoDiva View Post

Yes!  DD is a 5 minute nurser, she was going to bed 7pm, up at 11pm for nursing and then maybe 3am or else 6am.  Up for the day at 7am.  The last two nights she is awake and wants to play from 9pm-11pm or later!!!!!!!!!!  It's awful.  I am starting to understand why other parents are so much more sleep deprived.  I'm always like "what's the big deal, lift shirt, latch on, both go back to sleep".  But baby not going back to sleep stinks.

DD just turned 10 months.  She is saying Hi and waving, it's adorable!  She can stand independently, but no walking yet.  She is constantly getting moved and picked up by her 2 year old brother, which isn't much fun for her.  She crawls like a pro and all doors are kept closed and rooms blocked off.  She gets into everything.  She has no teeth, but loves to eat whatever I give her.  Which still isn't much.  She hasn't been to the doctor since 6 months, so I weighed her yesterday at home, 20.2 lbs.  I think I should take her in soon, but we have insurance issues, so I've been delaying.

I joined a Biggest Loser Contest with some friends.  I want to lose the 50lbs I still have packed on.  This is the first time I'm exercising and dieting while nursing, so I am monitoring milk supply closely.

Mama to three

#8 of 16 Old 01-08-2011, 10:18 AM

Weird. I thought I responded to this a couple of days ago!

DS is doing so well, although very "busy". Our Christmas tree went up ont he 23rd and down on the 26th - it was too difficult with him in the house. We call him "Danger Boy" because he's constantly trying to put himself in danger!

He's so much fun though - he's cruising, and signing a few things, and he can say "mama" and "dada" appropriately, says "gen" for "again" or "more", and can sign for milk. He's also doing magnificently with the ECing - once winter is past I'm going to take the next step and be completely coverless!

He's trying to decide whether he wants 2 naps or one lately. He's got one tooth and another coming through and wreaking havoc right now!

Perdita - newly SAHM to DD July/05 & DS Feb/10 joy.gif
#9 of 16 Old 01-10-2011, 09:47 AM

My LO has started pulling himself up in bed.  This has totally wreaked havoc on his sleep! My DH always sits with him as he goes to sleep.  Now he has to put him back down 10+ times before he goes to sleep.  Please tell me this will change eventually!

#10 of 16 Old 01-11-2011, 02:40 AM

Hi everyone,

My DD (born Feb 8) started walking on Jan 1 (10months, 3 weeks), it was truly a great New Year's Day.  She started crawling at 7 months.  She's a beast, quite rough and tumble, she takes tons of tumbles on the floor and gets right up and keeps going, we wrestle and roll together on the floor.  She climbs stairs, can slide feet-first off the side of the couch and bed on her own.  I keep all the doors closed and have extended a hexagon baby playpens to make a really long baby gate to close off certain sitting areas in the house.  She gets tons of floor play time and plays very well independently.  She goes in every cabinet and drawer and wants to pull everything out.  She has a dedicated picnic basket of plastic bowls, spoons, and various kitchen tools that she plays with while I prepare meals in the kitchen.  She even goes into her clothing hamper and pulls out the clothes, tips it over to the side, and then crawls inside.  She's also become best friends with our terrier-mix mutt.  DD can give kisses, so she opens her mouth to kiss the dog, who then leans in to lick her mouth, it's very cute to see them sharing affection but equally gross at the same time.  She also climbs into the dogs' bed and lays down with them.  She also dances and claps when she hears a good beat.  We did a sample Music Together class when we were last in the US and she loved it, once we return to the US (we live in Luanda. Angola) I'm going to enroll us in a class.  She loves music.  When my husband plays his recorder for her she is just mesmerized by the sound.  I bought her a baby music set, she loves the egg shakers, tambourine, and banging on the drum top (bought it at Target).  Last week she started showing a genuine interest in books, she goes over to her book shelf and pulls off board books and she'll actually sit in my lap and turn the pages as I read to her.  Also, she addicted to pushing buttons, the stereo, the TV, my iPhone, the iPad, the dishwasher, if she sees a button, she's going to press it repeatedly and rapidly.  She waves hello and good-bye, and calls mama and dada, not all discriminately, and has tons of other babble and gurgle syllable combinations.  She's quite the talker. It's all so dynamic to see her transitioning into toddlerhood, but I totally miss my baby being a baby.

She's pretty petite as well.  She can still wear some 6-9 month clothes, and she has plenty growing room in 9-12 month gear.  She's wearing Robeez mocassins around the house for a bit of grip, our house has all tile floors.  She was weighed yesterday (11 months, 2 days), she's 15.9 lbs.  We're working on signing, she can sign "milk" very well (of course), she's never had a bottle, only has formula with cereal.  She loves her sippy cups filled with water.  She really likes it when I put a few ice cubes in the sippy cup.  At about 7 months I was a bit worried that she was so tiny, but my pediatrician says not to worry, she's hitting all the developmental milestones appropriately.  There are lots of petite women on both sides of the family.

She's a pretty good eater.  She was really into the purees, not so much now.  She definitely preferred the fruit blends over the veggie blends.  I either made her food from local produce (fresh and frozen), or gave her Ella's Kitchen or Plum Organic food pouches.  She can now suck the fruit purees out of the straw at the top of the pouches.  But now she only wants to eat what I'm eating and feed herself.  She likes grilled cheese sandwiches, quesadillas, pancakes, string cheese, oatmeal, cheerios, maria biscuit cookies, yogurt melts, toast with cream cheese and mum-mum rice snacks.  I'm trying to introduce more meat protein but she's not the excited about it.  She seemed to have enjoyed some ground beef I made for her the other afternoon.  She also likes chicken wings.  She'll graze on cheerios all day long.  She's BFing about 4-6 times a day too, more often if we're at home playing for the day, lots of comfort snacking during the day.  If we're out at the markets or visiting friends she's too excited and stimulated to want to nurse.  She goes to bed at 6:30pm (dinner at 4:30, bath at 5:45) and is up at 5:30am, wakes once at about 1-2am for a full both boobies feeding (about 15-20 minutes) then right back to sleep.  She won't nap on her own in the crib anymore, hasn't do that since October.  We took several long trips to the US and to Europe this fall which I think totally changed her daytime sleep habits.  She's actually having her morning nap on my chest right now in the ErgoBaby.  She's napping only in the Ergo, or in motion (car or stroller).

Ok, I've gone on and on over here, I'm a super excited proud first time momma.  We're thinking about trying for baby #2 later this spring/summer.   And we're moving back to the US in 8 weeks, super super super excited to get back to have parks and rec at our disposal and family members to visit with at any time.  Thanks for letting me word purge about my bebe.

#11 of 16 Old 01-11-2011, 05:10 AM

Elsa wears pants in size 18mo.  nut.gif  And I know it's not just the cloth diapers because the all-in-ones she wears when we go out are almost as trim as a paper diaper and she still needs the 18mo.  The only things this child seems to have inherited from me are my ears, my teeth, my flair for the dramatic, and my rear end. 

She still fits 12mo onesies but she doesn't have many and I'm thinking of just going straight to 18mo for those too, since she'll grow into them, and the worst that would happen with too-big onesies is a droopy crotch.

Mama to Elsa Louise: 2/10, 13lbs 8 oz  energy.gifand Oscar Allen: 7/12, 13lbs 8 oz  babyboy.gif

#12 of 16 Old 01-11-2011, 11:16 AM

Ninetales - my DD is in mostly 18 month for pants too, although I think it is mostly the cloth diapers.

Mama to three

#13 of 16 Old 01-11-2011, 05:10 PM

My DS is growing OUT of his 18-month sleepers - his torso is very long. He still fits his 18-month separates just fine, but only a couple of 18-month sleepers still fit - partly because of cloth, but even in a disposable, it's getting tight in the crotch. He's wearing hand-me-down jammies now that DD wore at late 2 (she's at the other end of the growth chart LOL). I am so used to my tiny girl, this big little guy has thrown me for a loop!

Yesterday he started pulling himself to a stand and now nothing at baby-height is safe. I have hopes he'll soon start to walk, and then I won't have to worry about him eating every speck of dirt on the floor... I'll just be keeping an eye on coffee-table height stuff instead...

Perdita - newly SAHM to DD July/05 & DS Feb/10 joy.gif
#14 of 16 Old 01-12-2011, 12:59 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I am still here too.  Kind of keeping up with both threads since DS was born in Jan but I was a part of the Feb DDC.  It is really great to hear that some of you are still out there!

I cannot believe that in less than a week DS will be a one year old.  How did this happen????  I also have a chunky guy.  He is wearing 18 mo clothes regularly and some 24 mo clothes.  That is with g diapers :)  He has a really long torso and is tall like his dad.  This past Sunday he took a step toward me in the kitchen.  Not sure if I am going to count it but may as well right?  He seems to think walking is pointless since he can get other places so much faster with crawling.  

The holidays were crazy.  We were able to go home for a good long stretch to visit family but we left four days after moving into another new apartment.  Needless to say DS's sleeping is all over the map and I am working hard to try to get it somewhat coherent.  He has probably one good 3 hour stretch at night and then nurses every 45-60 min after that.  It is draining.  He doesn't go to bed until after 9pm and takes two naps some days and one on others.  I am ready to get settled in our new apartment and get a routine.

I am feeling isolated and ready to get out and make some friends.  Moving has been tough and some days are much more rough than others.  Hopefully things will be different very soon.

Every now and then I think about getting pregnant with our next kid.  I don't want to be pregnant until DS is done nursing or has drastically cut down.  It is hard because I am nostalgic for when DS was a tiny baby but I also realize I will never get all of those experiences again.  We also want a big family and I would rather not spread it out over too many years but I also want to be smart with my body.  My tail bone is still really messed up and I am almost at a loss for how to get it fixed.  Anyone else have trouble with their tail bone?

Anyway, fun to read about everyone's little ones, I am glad to see you are all out there still!  Ninetales, sucks about Elsa's dad not being so helpful, hope he gets the picture sometime soon and pitches in.

married to my love , in love with MJ born 1/18/10 and PJ born 4/6/12 waterbirth.jpg and now due with a surprise 11/14!
#15 of 16 Old 01-23-2011, 10:56 PM

hi!  came on to check my local tribe and then tracked you all down!

DS started walking early Dec and was very steady and curious by Christmas.  These days he dances and bobs his head everywhere he walks, I love it.  

Tooth #6 just popped through with minimal fanfare.

#16 of 16 Old 01-25-2011, 01:51 PM - Thread Starter

I'm glad there are still some people around!  :)  Benjamin has seven teeth - it's very weird.  He's had three on the bottom for weeks, and it seems like the other little matching tooth is just not coming in!  I hope it's not stuck on something...

Benjamin is getting steadier with his walking!  He walks all around the house now, and can stand back up without holding on to anything when he falls.  :)  It's funny.  We just had a birthday party for his big brother - I think we'll make Ben's party a small affair, I'm still tired.  :)  I can't wait until he's one and I can give him the last few foods we were holding off on (everything except peanuts, I guess).  He gets really mad when I won't let him drink from my glass of milk, poor thing.

This week we've been having trouble with bed time.  I guess his sleep schedule has gotten off - he's been taking a late nap, and then not sleeping until almost 10, which is not what I want.  Today I was going to make him take an early nap, but he just wouldn't sleep.  I started trying at 1:30, and finally at 4 after I'd given up he fell asleep sitting in my lap.  :P  Now I guess I have to go wake him up, which I hate doing, but he'll sleep until 6 if I don't.  I guess I'll try again tomorrow!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page