Where are the Sept '10 babies? - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-15-2011, 09:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Yeah.  Lila's screamed at me for the past 2 days because she can't walk.  She can pull herself up and is standing.. she's trying sooo hard to cruise furniture.  It's not been pretty.  :( Today she managed a crawl.. sorta.  One knee then the other, and she'd sit up.  She did that a couple of times, then she squirmed her way to me (only about 3ft lol)  I don't think she's realized what she can do yet.

Who's doing easter baskets? What are you stuffing them with? I've got a diaper, and some babylegs.  Now I'm out of ideas.  Maybe some finger puppets from etsy? Bath toys? ugh.. I don't know!

Amanda
Mom to Reya (13) and Little baby Lila 9/22

http://arealwomanssweatjournal.blogspot.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2011, 10:10 PM

I'm not doing Easter baskets until they know what an Easter basket is.  I'm such a lazy parent.  LOL.

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

Old 04-15-2011, 10:59 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly1101 View Post

I'm not doing Easter baskets until they know what an Easter basket is.  I'm such a lazy parent.  LOL.

Ha! If it were up to me I'd skip Easter every year, but DH wants to do it.  <rolls eyes> My heart just isn't in it.  Every year we would go to my grandpa's for egg hunt ect.  I never did the work lol.  But now I'm 700 miles away. 

I got Reya http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001CZ0IG8  this game and a pair or arm warmers.. if she hates them the baby can wear them lol.  DH's birthday is Easter too and I'm drawing a blank.  He's got a D*ell trucker cap, and water bottle (his employer) and I got him some headphones cause he hates his ear buds.  I need one really great present here.  This is too hard!

Amanda
Mom to Reya (13) and Little baby Lila 9/22

http://arealwomanssweatjournal.blogspot.com

Old 04-17-2011, 04:19 PM

Easter was always "new outside toys!" time growing up so I'm carrying that on.

All three kids easter baskets this year are buckets for the beach that will help them build awesome sand castles when dad comes home. The big two got several different outside games, some balls, some chalk and the usual candy.

Mae got a bowling set, a new stacking toy for outside and a cup for with supper.

Each got a new outfit too, Mae and DD's dresses nearly match, so cute! So hard to find too since DD is size 7 and Mae is 6-9 mo.

Also, bad storms here last night. Tornadoes even. Not cool to hang out in a tub with a 6 month old and her big brother and sister. Thankfully we are fine, no damage to our house either. Several of my friends weren't so lucky :( One has an 18 month old son in the hospital with critical injuries and a couple are not able to live in their homes anymore after what damage there is.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:25 PM

My hometown with all my family, Deltaville VA, was hit bad by a tornado. Houses completely reduced to rubble, my grandma's church is destroyed, etc. Thankfully no deaths. It is pretty damn crazy though.

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

Old 04-18-2011, 09:46 AM

Kelly, I'm glad everyone is okay. Keeping your family in my thoughts.

If anyone could spare some thoughts, prayers, or blessings, please send some our way. My oldest son is having a benign brain tumor removed today. The surgery is very long but should go well.

In the waiting room now...gotta go nurse dd...

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~
Old 04-18-2011, 12:12 PM

Oh man. Thinking of you today, ROM. Hope the surgery goes great and he recovers quickly.

Old 04-18-2011, 01:53 PM

Just hopped on here for the first time in a few days...

ROM:  My thoughts are with you, your son, and your family.  I hope the surgery goes well.

Kelly:  I'm glad to hear your family is ok after the tornadoes, but how terrifying!  I hope the rebuilding process goes swiftly.

I'm jealous of y'all with the easy babies!  Elliebeans continues to be our challenging little dictator, although things have slowly gotten better.  She's actually a lot of fun, now, but super intense...and still not really into sleeping (or at least napping)!  I'm definitely going to get her back when she's a teenager by waking her up at 4:30 in the morning on the weekends! lol.gif

We're in full-blown frustration stage.  She hasn't figured out how to sit up by herself yet, so that upsets her.  Then, once she's sitting, she wants to stand, but she doesn't know how to pull herself up without some help, so that frustrates her.  Then, when she's standing, she wants to walk, but she doesn't know how to do so, so that frustrates her.  She's super-pleased with herself for the first second or two after she achieves the next step, then starts crying again.

I'm definitely not looking forward to babyproofing, but I can't wait until the frustration cycle has passed...

I before E, except after C.  Weird.
DD: 8/2010.
Old 04-18-2011, 07:06 PM

ROM, my thoughts are with you.

And they're also with those of you who were hit by the storms or have loved ones who were.

Mom to two intact boys, born at home. DS1 11/07, DS2 9/10
Old 04-19-2011, 09:50 AM

Reese is sitting up, but not crawling or even trying.  She likes to hold things and flip them over and over looking at each side.  We're having a hard time getting her to eat texture.  She will eat toast fine, but anything that isn't smooth she has a hard time getting down the hatch.  

Oh and I'm flipping out because AF is really really late, but I wasn't charting. I took a FRER and it was negative, but showed two lines when I looked at it after church. I flipped!  I need to go get another.

Here is the one in question if you are curious:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/42439120@N03/sets/72157626532280408/

And Reese:

Pruitt_2011_27.jpg

Married to a wonderful man and we have 1 adorable baby girl (8/30/2010) and 2 furbabies.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeisorym View Post

Oh and I'm flipping out because AF is really really late, but I wasn't charting. I took a FRER and it was negative, but showed two lines when I looked at it after church. I flipped!  I need to go get another.

Here is the one in question if you are curious:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/42439120@N03/sets/72157626532280408/

Uh, yeah, I'd test again. The line on the edge definitely has color, and evap lines usually don't!  Relax, though--it will be fine :)  Reese is adorable!

hearts.gif(6), energy.gif(4.5),  diaper.gif (2) and  IT'S A babygirl.gif!!!!  ~9/24/12~ vbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

Old 04-19-2011, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBunch View Post

Uh, yeah, I'd test again. The line on the edge definitely has color, and evap lines usually don't!  Relax, though--it will be fine :)  Reese is adorable!

Thank you ..

I'm going to get my hair cut at 4:30 and I can pick up one then.  In my stash left over from Reese (they haven't expired and I'm having to deal with this!) I had a FRER, "Answer" brand, and a dollar store test.

FRER:  As seen above

Answer: Basically same results from FRER - negative until I looked back a couple hours later to find 2 lines...

Dollar Store:  No line at 3 minutes - baby fussing so I left and when I got back it was past 10 minutes, but there was a second line only I couldn't tell if it had color or was gray.  Now the same test the line seems to have disappeared, so I'm questioning my sanity.

I just wan't quite ready. I really wanted a 3 year gap between them! It'll be fine, though.  breathe ....

Married to a wonderful man and we have 1 adorable baby girl (8/30/2010) and 2 furbabies.
Old 04-19-2011, 02:35 PM

Dollar tree tests have a phantom line that shows up and disappears. It means it is negative.

Some FRERs do develop a line well after the testing period. They are still negative.

Thats why we only read in the time limit on the tests (5 or 10 minutes depending on brand)

I wouldn't bother testing again :)

I had to test yesterday lol... I had gotten my period in november and december but not since. With my first 2 I got it the whole time I breastfed. I'm just assuming its the stress of EVERYTHING going wrong with my husband gone. I will probably get it in 2 weeks because my inlaws are coming soon which means I get a break (I LOVE that I love my inlaws)

Nothing new with Mae but my goodness... I am loving this phase of babyhood and despite everything screaming NO NO NO NO NO I'm starting to consider another.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
Old 04-19-2011, 02:42 PM

I knew you would know ;) but the edge of that FRER just looks so darn convincing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post

Nothing new with Mae but my goodness... I am loving this phase of babyhood and despite everything screaming NO NO NO NO NO I'm starting to consider another.

Yeah, you said it. I am so there. You'd think that I'd have learned when I purposefully got pg when DD1 was 9m that this age suckers you, but oh no.....

hearts.gif(6), energy.gif(4.5),  diaper.gif (2) and  IT'S A babygirl.gif!!!!  ~9/24/12~ vbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

Old 04-19-2011, 07:13 PM

Yep... the cuteness of this age is why my babies are 16 months apart.

I'm ready to resist it this time.

Old 04-20-2011, 09:18 AM

This is the bad age... I have been considering a 3rd because DS2 is such perfection!  But no, no no no!  DH is going to get fixed this summer.  

Old 04-20-2011, 11:27 AM

Eris is also in frustration stage. She seems nowhere near being able to crawl or sit herself up. She doesn't even like sitting or tummy time for long.  I'm Pagan, my Easter celebration was a month ago, but Eris got some plastic eggs that she can bat around. 

RedOak - I pray all goes well for your little one.  I hope your family is doing well.

Mama to Eris, born 9/21/2010! energy.gifbellyhair.gif@earthshod on Twitter.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:40 AM

Question for those who have two close together--my bestie just had her second (they're 2.5 years apart). My DH and I always wanted to space ours 1.5 to 2 years apart (that's the spacing between DH and his sister, and they are super close). BFF says that we are crazy. "I can't imagine having two any closer than mine! It would be so much work!" But in my experience, when I've looked after kids, siblings who are closer in age entertain each other and play together more--they can play the same kinds of games. The worst babysitting gig I ever had was 2 kids with an age gap of 5 years or so, because they really couldn't do the same things or watch the same movies or read the same books.

But I do know that the first year of two would be really hard, but after that...I think it would be good.

So, if you're in the midst of that first year...how awful is it? Survivable? Sure, let's do this again? What?

Mama to Silas Anansi, born 9/9/10 and Petra Eadaion, born 10/1/12.

Old 04-20-2011, 12:19 PM

Nilati - I don't have any experience, but I'm in the same boat you are. I'd really like to have a second 1.5-2 years after the first. I'd go for sooner, but my midwife recommended 1.5 years minimum to allow my uterus to heal after the c-section. Of course, first I have to get my cycles back (Caitlin still nurses ALL NIGHT LONG) and then I actually have to have fertility, which eluded us for 8 years, so who knows. I'm also curious to hear others' responses. My biggest concern is sleep - I don't know how you'd deal with a toddler who still nurses frequently at night and a newborn, but perhaps by then I'd be able to consider nightweaning the older one?

Jenifer & Tim
Caitlin Renee, September 2, 2010
Old 04-20-2011, 12:22 PM

mine are 2 1/2 years apart and 5 years apart and really, either spacing has its advantage. 5 years apart means your bigger kid can help out more with taking care of the littler one... taking care of themselves... helping out around the house. And they do play nicely together.

My two older kids love Mae to pieces and play with her all the time (especially peekaboo, they all love peekaboo!) but they will also play together outside, away from the baby.

closer in age, you can end up going through potty training at the same time in some cases, not have to deal with going to a middle school AND an elementary school for sign up/awards/etc for more than one or two years, they will play together and have a lot of the same friends.

They also have their own disadvantages, kids who play together too much get sick of each other faster and fight, they could end up stealing each others friends and if both the same gender, stealing each others boyfriends causing a LOT of heartache... while further apart children... as far as I see the only disadvantage is you FINALLY finish having to baby someone (no more diapers, they can entertain/clothe/bathe themselves)  and suddenly you start all over at the beginning!

as for further apart not playing together, or closer together playing together... that all depends on the siblings. I hated my older brother (he's 2 years older than me) and never played with him *ever* my younger brother (1 1/2 years younger) I would play with sometimes but not always, he got on my nerves and as I got older I started dating his friends, he didn't like that... my 10 years younger baby sister? I would play with her every chance I got. She's a baby, it's better than any old doll!

On the same note, I'm so close to my 10 years younger sister (and have been for years) that she was my maid of honor at my wedding (and is currently trying to get stationed close to us so she can come visit more often... she's joining the Navy)... my older brother wasn't even there and my younger brother would have been if he weren't at basic training for the army at that time.

Spacing is all a personal opinion. Do what YOU want... when YOU want... and don't listen to what anyone else tells you :)

Old 04-20-2011, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilatti View Post

Question for those who have two close together--my bestie just had her second (they're 2.5 years apart). My DH and I always wanted to space ours 1.5 to 2 years apart (that's the spacing between DH and his sister, and they are super close). BFF says that we are crazy. "I can't imagine having two any closer than mine! It would be so much work!" But in my experience, when I've looked after kids, siblings who are closer in age entertain each other and play together more--they can play the same kinds of games. The worst babysitting gig I ever had was 2 kids with an age gap of 5 years or so, because they really couldn't do the same things or watch the same movies or read the same books.

But I do know that the first year of two would be really hard, but after that...I think it would be good.

So, if you're in the midst of that first year...how awful is it? Survivable? Sure, let's do this again? What?

My first two are a few days shy of 18m apart. Lots of people think it is insane. And yes, the first year was brutal. Rewind--one thing to consider is nursing while pg and/or weaning before you planned. I worked pt when I got pg with #2 and could. not. let down with the pump. I made it to year, supplementing with formula during the day while at work, but NWP didn't work for me. So that was the first tough part.  

The first year--it was BAD.  BUT...DD2 still is high needs!  She was MSPI, so I was on a very limited diet and she screamed for the first 6 months of her life. Plus she never has been a great sleeper and was nursing 12 time in 24 hours after a year, at least 4 of those at night. So that contributed to how hard it was a lot.  If DD2 had been more easy going like DD1 or DS, I think it would have been better.  There are some hidden benefits in that first year:  the older one is napping a lot still, so you have more time to rest. Also, it actually is easier to have 2 in diapers than one in diapers and one PLing!  Oh and DD2 was old enough by the time DD1 PL'd that she picked up on it not too much later and essentially PL'd completely on her own at just turned 2!

Now, DS and DD2 are a little over 2.5 years apart. The transition was easy as pie, and she is AWESOME with the baby. We had a mild sleep regression with her, but that is the only challenge we've had with her since he's been born that I can tie directly to the change. But after having 2 so close together and seeing how close they are, I feel sorry for DS because he's not got a "partner"! We likely will try for nearly exactly a 2 year spacing for #4 mostly because we liked having a late summer babe.  We'd go for sooner, but I don't want to miss out on summer with my kids by being newly pp.

Old 04-20-2011, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilatti View Post

Mine are 16 months apart... I'm liking it. Hard? YES. But very do-able, especially once we passed the 6 month mark. I have needed help from my husband a lot, especially for bedtimes. But, now they play together and entertain each other, and since these are my only two I'm planning on having, it's nice to get all the pregnancy and baby stuff out of the way in one fell swoop... it's a lot of work but I think the pay off will be good. My sister and I are 21 months apart and played together our entire childhood and are still best friends.

Bottom line: it's hard, I've gotten the hang of it a lot better now, and given the chance I wouldn't change anything, I would space them like this again. I think the hardest part really was not once Ozzy got here, it was before-- the pregnancy, with a young toddler, was rough. But, it wasn't un-survivable, obviously orngbiggrin.gif

Old 04-20-2011, 01:15 PM

I took another test after my hair appt.    Just one line.  A line did appear when I looked at it an hour or so later.  They need to quit doing that!  

I'm not taking anymore for a few days anyway.  FYI:  My last AF was March 5th.  I figured I was going to be late because I saw CF on the 1st (some still left on the 2nd).  If I ovulated then, I certainly would have seen a bfp or AF by now. I always start 12 days after I ovulate.  It's 18 since I saw CF.  Something crazy is going on in there.  

Old 04-20-2011, 01:40 PM

I have twin boys and the pregnancy was hard....and everything after is hard!lol.gif   Of course there are advantages at times, but wow, nursing was VERY difficult much of the first year.  I was sooo sore having 2 nurslings.  I just really didn't get anything done other than baby care.  Forget taking care of myself.  I TOTALLY love the relationship they have together though.  Twins are so lucky, thier mommy's.....well it's a tough gig!

SAHM married to with twin boys  and a girl .  

Old 04-20-2011, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeisorym View Post

I took another test after my hair appt.    Just one line.  A line did appear when I looked at it an hour or so later.  They need to quit doing that!  

I'm not taking anymore for a few days anyway.  FYI:  My last AF was March 5th.  I figured I was going to be late because I saw CF on the 1st (some still left on the 2nd).  If I ovulated then, I certainly would have seen a bfp or AF by now. I always start 12 days after I ovulate.  It's 18 since I saw CF.  Something crazy is going on in there.  

After I got my period back from Emma (6 months pp), my cycles were completely out of whack. I had a regular period, then a six-week period, then a 3-week period, then when I got pregnant with Ozzy it was on like cd 28.

Old 04-20-2011, 06:07 PM

i had one in November and December and not one since. If I do get another I doubt it will be going back to normal as I will be going back to stressed like crazy the moment my inlaws leave.

Old 04-21-2011, 05:35 AM

This age must work cuteness magic. Last night, my husband, who has long been adamant about having only one kid, said that we could have two. He's so in love with DD.

I'm downright giddy.

Mama to baby girl, born 9/10; expecting baby #2 4/13.

Old 04-21-2011, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwoods View Post

This age must work cuteness magic. Last night, my husband, who has long been adamant about having only one kid, said that we could have two. He's so in love with DD.

I'm downright giddy.

YAY!

Old 04-21-2011, 11:08 AM

Heh, for real!

My cousin just had a baby girl and I told DH I was a little jealous.  "Why?"  "Because I'll never have a girl."  "Well, I'm not fixed yet..."

Oh husband, do NOT tempt me when DS2 is at the perfect age!  You might regret it....

Luckily, I'm at the "do not touch me" point in my cycle.  But if he says something like that at a different point.... well, that's how we got #2....

Old 04-21-2011, 11:20 AM

Y'all are braver than me...I get palpitations just *thinking* about another one any time soon! 

Although I do agree, 8 months is an *awesome* age!  Ellie just started clapping, and sometimes makes the "yay" sound that we make when we clap.  It's too cute!

I before E, except after C.  Weird.
DD: 8/2010.

User Tag List