Where are the Sept '10 babies? - Page 17 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#481 of 658 Old 06-21-2011, 04:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

For calories, I calculated how much I need (not breastfeeding) to stay the same weight. Adding in breastfeeding, then, the weight has slowly dropped off while not harming baby Mae at all.

Both of Mae's top teeth are through, still only one on the bottom. Looks so odd to me, I've only ever known children to get both bottoms then both top!

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#482 of 658 Old 06-21-2011, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda_Reyasmom View Post

How's the weight loss going?

It isn't :( I'm, stuck between 140-144

I'd like to be 10lbs from here. I'm only 5'2" so the weight doesn't really have room to hide. I keep blaming the csection but I think it's exhaustion (still broken sleep) and lack of motivation. I did well on the 30 day shred but started skipping days, got busy, then never started back.

I need to do something. I feel pretty bad about myself lately.

254319_10150218995617931_634277930_7349526_5384539_n.jpg

He's really losing the newbie look!

Teacher Mama to (8/03) (6/06) and (9/10)
#483 of 658 Old 06-21-2011, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post

Anyone else NOT doing well baby visits?

We're doing WBC mostly for the vaxes and because he is on Phenobarbital for his seizures and longterm use can cause developmental delays and I just want to be sure to catch anything asap. So far he is right on track.

He is 21 lbs 1oz and 29 1/4 inches at exactly 9 mos.

Teacher Mama to (8/03) (6/06) and (9/10)
#484 of 658 Old 06-22-2011, 06:42 AM

So little Ollie had his 9 month appointment and is 21lbs and 30in.  He loves to babble and pull himself to standing on everything.  He also loves, loves, loves to bang hard objects together.  My house is a very noisy place to be :D

Ollie_9.png

However ... he's a biter.  Any tips from anyone on how to handle this?  It started out when he would give big hugs he would open his mouth on your shoulder.  Now he bites down on hugs and it is starting to progress to biting my legs when he want my attention.  I've tried the loud "Ouch" and putting him down ... he laughs.  I've tried bursting into tears and putting him down ... he laughs.  I yell, he laughs.  Sigh ... Any thoughts?

goldfish.gif
#485 of 658 Old 06-22-2011, 07:13 AM

I would like to know too. Mae is a biter, she doesn't laugh when I react but it does make her upset and cry, too... but she doesn't stop! I will start crying and she will start crying and I will stop crying and she will do it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantischick View Post

However ... he's a biter.  Any tips from anyone on how to handle this?  It started out when he would give big hugs he would open his mouth on your shoulder.  Now he bites down on hugs and it is starting to progress to biting my legs when he want my attention.  I've tried the loud "Ouch" and putting him down ... he laughs.  I've tried bursting into tears and putting him down ... he laughs.  I yell, he laughs.  Sigh ... Any thoughts?

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#486 of 658 Old 06-22-2011, 07:23 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Hannah is a biter too.  I just take her away from the area she is biting and say 'no biting, gentle to mommy'.  She doesn't seem to stop permanently, but she does stop for the minute.

We had our 10 month (9.6 month) appt. yesterday.  She looks good although she is really not gaining well.  She started at 9 lbs, 12 oz and 21.25 inches long.... at almost 10 months she is 18 lbs, 1 oz and 29 inches long (30% for weight and 85% for length).  Doc doesn't seem concerned since she is meeting all  milestones.  We are not really doing much solids and have been trying, but she just is not into it.

I need to post another picture soon.  She is just so cute!  I will get DH to download them soon.

SAHM to Chloe«- 6/2008 (10 lbs, 5 oz), Hannah- 9/2010 (9 lbs, 12 oz), Liam- 2/2013 (9 lbs, 6 oz)

#487 of 658 Old 06-22-2011, 08:20 AM

That's how big Emma was at a year (born at 7 lb 4 oz).  She's two now.  She's fine-- strong, healthy, bright, etc.  She's just not a chubby baby/toddler, she's a "banana"-type.  Those genes run through my family (skipped me, unfortunately).  

As long as Hannah is strong, healthy, doing well, I wouldn't worry a bit.  Especially since babies tend to "plateau" between 6-9 months-- all that increased crawling/moving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe'sMama View Post

Hannah is a biter too.  I just take her away from the area she is biting and say 'no biting, gentle to mommy'.  She doesn't seem to stop permanently, but she does stop for the minute.

We had our 10 month (9.6 month) appt. yesterday.  She looks good although she is really not gaining well.  She started at 9 lbs, 12 oz and 21.25 inches long.... at almost 10 months she is 18 lbs, 1 oz and 29 inches long (30% for weight and 85% for length).  Doc doesn't seem concerned since she is meeting all  milestones.  We are not really doing much solids and have been trying, but she just is not into it.

I need to post another picture soon.  She is just so cute!  I will get DH to download them soon.

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

#488 of 658 Old 06-22-2011, 08:25 AM

Pics!

Just got up from nap, hanging with big sis:

008.jpg

010.jpg

My big guy:

013-3.jpg

021-3.jpg

024.jpg

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

#489 of 658 Old 06-22-2011, 01:55 PM - Thread Starter

My camera's acting up so I've got fewer pics :(

Here's my guard dog. 

001.JPG

005.JPG

And here's Lila enjoying a tortilla with some guacamole spread inside :D YUM!

Amanda
Mom to Reya (13) and Little baby Lila 9/22

http://arealwomanssweatjournal.blogspot.com

#490 of 658 Old 06-22-2011, 03:46 PM

Quote:

Here's my guard dog. 

001.JPG

Love this!

I wish I had pics of DS with our dogs. I got one when he was very young, but that dog has since passed away (he was 17). The other dog just turned 17 and his is too rough with them, so the dogs did/do stay away.

DS ( 9/2010) and TTC #2 fingersx.gif

#491 of 658 Old 06-22-2011, 04:19 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hi I had this issue with DS, he was even biting while nursing.  I tried all that you did with no luck.  What worked is a loud "Ouch that hurts" then I firmly set him on the floor and left the room for a about a minute.  After a couple of tries that worked.  I was lucky though he wasn't yet crawling so there wasn't much trouble he could get into while I was hiding in the other room.  When I returned I just acted as if nothing had happened.  Good Luck!

Aug 2009;  DS1 Sep 2010; Dec 2012; Dec 2013; May 2014
#492 of 658 Old 06-23-2011, 04:46 AM - Thread Starter

Stella wants very little to do with the baby while she's actually awake lol.  The exceptions are when she's eating or has just finished eating.  Stella is extra affectionate.. or maybe she's just tasting the baby, plotting.  :P 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsDolphin View Post

Love this!

I wish I had pics of DS with our dogs. I got one when he was very young, but that dog has since passed away (he was 17). The other dog just turned 17 and his is too rough with them, so the dogs did/do stay away.

Amanda

#493 of 658 Old 06-23-2011, 12:17 PM - Thread Starter

068.JPG067.JPG

Ohh man, look what came in the mail today! Lila's concentrating very hard in the first pic.. I caught her stepping :D   You can barely see her matching diaper in the second pic!

Amanda

#494 of 658 Old 06-25-2011, 02:56 PM

Anyone having separation anxiety? Mark often cries when I leave the room, except when he's with daddy. I felt so bad for my mom last night who tried to entertain him for an hour (while I got a massage) to no avail. I know this can be normal, but it came out of nowhere.... 

- Mom to Baby Mark (9/18/10) and 4 wonderful dogs!
#495 of 658 Old 06-25-2011, 05:45 PM

Both of mine had it early.  Emma was AWFUL.  AWFUL.  AWFUL.  From about 6 months to nearly 10 months old.  Jason called it "Emma's five foot rule" I could not be farther than five feet away from her or she would scream like you were pulling out fingernails.  She didn't even want Jason.  Just me.

Ozzy had it much milder, and only for about a month, I guess around 8 mo - 9 mo (he's been better the past few weeks, he'll be 10 mo in a week).  And he is a lot more okay with having daddy hold him instead of me at this point.

Really all you can do is suck it up and repeat to yourself "this too shall pass, this too shall pass."

Although seriously sometimes with Emma I now miss it, LMAO.  She is a frighteningly independent toddler.  Like, if we're at the park, she doesn't even care where I am, she will just run right off with whatever little friend she can find, and not even listen when I'm hollering at her to stay close and not go too far.  

Moral of the Story:  No, you are not spoiling your baby by giving in to separation anxiety and letting him/her be near you.  No, your kid will not be Ruined because you don't force him/her to be held by other people.  No, your kid is not going to be tied to your apron strings forever-- he/she will still figure out how to be independent.  Tell anyone who says otherwise to shut their cake hole.

#496 of 658 Old 06-25-2011, 05:50 PM

It almost seems like Mae is starting to have separation anxiety about daddy being gone, though he's been gone 6 months!

And yeah I agree, giving in to separation anxiety is NOT a bad thing! I constantly did with my now 8 year old and he's extremely independent. He just spent the past 8 hours at a friends house (for a birthday party) and I am 100% positive the mother had no issues with him (she always tells me how well behaved he is over there!)

Luckily, he's smart enough to know to stay away from strangers and if one tries talking to him when I'm not around (or dad, or another trustworthy adult) to find someone he knows to be sure it is okay. I still worry though... and according to my mom I will continue to worry until the day I die lol... Apparently your baby having babies of their own only makes it worse, not better!

#497 of 658 Old 06-25-2011, 06:14 PM

Its just hard because he went from a super happy with everyone baby, unless he was tired, to an only OK with Mom and dad baby in no time flat! I'm used to some freedom. I just feel bad for him too. Hes getting 3 teeth in right now too (lateral incisors) and possibly his first molars (hes chewing back there a lot too all the sudden) so the poor guy is mess. He's crying in daddy's arms right now becuase I needed a break. He's been a mess ever since he got out of the tub, SCREAMING. He's eaten, nursed on both sides (for a LONG time) had tylonal, and he's still screaming.  :'( 

- Mom to Baby Mark (9/18/10) and 4 wonderful dogs!
#498 of 658 Old 06-25-2011, 08:02 PM

MaeMae's been chewing in the back a lot lately, too, but I don't think it's teeth. Not totally sure what it is (new sensation now that she has more control over her hands maybe?)

#499 of 658 Old 06-25-2011, 08:50 PM

Haven't been around much lately b/c of the recent MDC issues...but thought I'd check in with our DDC babies.

So much happening with all our little ones...it's so much fun to read!  Kelly--I can't believe those pics of Ozzy--he looks like a little boy now!  And Amanda and Maeryn--I can't believe your LOs can stand all on their own.  Crazy!

Ellie is going to be 10 months on Monday...I literally can't believe it.  She has been so much more fun in the past few months.  Just like DH and I predicted, as soon she could do more things for herself, she became a much, much happier baby.  She sits up by herself, crawls, pulls herself up, transfers between pieces of furniture, and harasses my dog like crazy!  Poor guy...he's definitely become more gray since she came home from the hospital.  He is absolutely her favorite "person" in the house--she shrieks and giggles whenever he's around.

She's also so much more solid lately.  I'm not sure what she weighs now (she weighed 16.8lbs at 8.5 months), but she looooves to eat and packs away anything I give her.  We're on the slow march to giving up purees, since little Miss Independent is a big fan of self-feeding.

She's also obsessed with ceiling fans.  If she sees one, she will stop whatever she's doing, start reaching for it, and make these really funny sounds (I wish I could describe them...grunt isn't quite the right word for it.  More like an 90 year old man making noises when he is reaching for something.).  It's absolutely adorable.  love.gif

I before E, except after C.  Weird.
DD: 8/2010.
#500 of 658 Old 06-25-2011, 09:09 PM

It's so funny to me... I mean it's not hard to remember that Mae was born at the end of a month everyone expected her to be born at the beginning of, but it's still so funny for yall to be talking about turning 10 months and Mae's not even 9 yet! (tomorrow!)

#501 of 658 Old 06-26-2011, 05:13 AM

Got a camcorder?  This is the type of thing you should record, so that you can show them when they get older, lmao.

Ozzy is a big fan of ceiling fans (ha ha fan of fans) too.  He shrieks at them (his Happy shriek).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurski View Post

She's also obsessed with ceiling fans.  If she sees one, she will stop whatever she's doing, start reaching for it, and make these really funny sounds (I wish I could describe them...grunt isn't quite the right word for it.  More like an 90 year old man making noises when he is reaching for something.).  It's absolutely adorable.  love.gif

#502 of 658 Old 06-26-2011, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly1101 View Post

Got a camcorder?  This is the type of thing you should record, so that you can show them when they get older, lmao.

Ozzy is a big fan of ceiling fans (ha ha fan of fans) too.  He shrieks at them (his Happy shriek).

We do!  I actually used my phone to record her doing this the other night at the ceiling fan across the alley from our apartment and sent it to my sister.  She said she couldn't stop laughing.

I can't wait to break this video out when she brings her first boy/girl friend over.  Ha!  orngtongue.gif

I before E, except after C.  Weird.
DD: 8/2010.
#503 of 658 Old 06-28-2011, 07:08 PM - Thread Starter

Oh My... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HibvYHvZpws  (It's 22 seconds I promise it won't hurt!)

Amanda

#504 of 658 Old 06-28-2011, 07:19 PM

Oh dear, Amanda. I am not ready for this!!! She is darn cute, though :D

hearts.gif(6), energy.gif(4.5),  diaper.gif (2) and  IT'S A babygirl.gif!!!!  ~9/24/12~ vbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

#505 of 658 Old 06-28-2011, 07:52 PM - Thread Starter

She's the biggest girl in the WORLD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBunch View Post

Oh dear, Amanda. I am not ready for this!!! She is darn cute, though :D

Seriously though.. I just got the new phone and managed to catch that.  She took 7 steps yesterday.  I'm not ready for this either! (and thank you.. This baby makes me so insanely happy I can't stand it!)

Amanda

#506 of 658 Old 06-28-2011, 09:00 PM

Mae started trying today :'( she needs to stop until daddy is home!!! She doesn't have that long left to wait but I seriously don't think she's going to make it.

#507 of 658 Old 06-29-2011, 08:44 AM

Holy crap!  Walking!  Wow.

Quote:

Oh My... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HibvYHvZpws  (It's 22 seconds I promise it won't hurt!)

#508 of 658 Old 06-29-2011, 10:48 AM - Thread Starter

I'm still stunned! She took her first steps Father's Day weekend.  Did you notice how LOUD she is.. that's her happy.. Can you imagine when she's mad? LOL  There's so much noise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly1101 View Post

Holy crap!  Walking!  Wow.

Amanda

#509 of 658 Old 06-29-2011, 02:27 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Wow!!! Everyone is moving, moving, moving. Well, except Miss Genevieve...lol. She is now 10 months old and hasn't even started crawling....She has scooted backwards a few times. But I think it was accidental...lmao. 

I'm getting very sentimental and sad that her first birthday is fast approaching. PUT ON THE BRAKES!!! Is anyone else feeling this way? It may have to do with her being my last baby...but man... It's gone by way too fast. In a way, I'm happy she isn't bounding through her milestones. It keeps her babyish for longer :) 

Here's a picture of my sweet girl....

Copy of spring 2011 014.jpg

And here's a pic of all 3 of my kids. Could they all look any different in coloring?

spring 2011 071.jpg

Heather , momma to ' Parker- 10, Carlee- 7 and our baby Genevieve Faith - 8-27-10

#510 of 658 Old 06-29-2011, 02:48 PM

262092_10150226902256400_709041399_7803469_7441698_n.jpg NOM NOM baby looooves spaghetti

265121_10150214797871400_709041399_7749748_1162706_n.jpgAnd over at the neighbors house... she loves their toy car! 

on her arm is just a piece of dead grass, but up by her eye was her first owie from learning to walk!
255112_10150214003446400_709041399_7742600_4962151_n.jpg
Thats a better version of it. Up top you can see as of last night it's totally healed though!
255112_10150214003446400_709041399_7742600_4962151_n.jpg

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page