Where are the Sept '10 babies? - Page 21 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-08-2011, 12:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We  had a good time, I didn't know there were *any* crunchy mamas in my town lol  finding 10 of them was awesome

Amanda
Mom to Reya (13) and Little baby Lila 9/22

http://arealwomanssweatjournal.blogspot.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2011, 08:20 AM

We don't have stairs for Mae to master (one step out the back door, she mastered that shortly after crawling, it's not much though)

She has however mastered climbing as much as she can. Yesterday I caught her on top of a box we have in the livingroom that is a foot tall... 3 different times. Twice when no one else could put her up there and once watching her get up on it.

Then we found her on the couch and neither hubby nor I had put her on it and brother and sister were in bed... but one of brothers chairs were sitting in front of the couch and we are pretty sure she climbed up that.

Then today I left her in my room on my bed to watch a movie... not usually an issue since everything was babyproofed including the bed itself so it's not too high, but is still high enough to require effort to get off without falling... and next thing I know the cats come tearing around the corner followed by a squealing walking Mae. 

Little smarty pants is going to be the death of her mommy. She's currently trying to figure out how to open our back screen door lmfao.

She has so much determination and so little fear... it's like she wants nothing more than to be JUST like her brother and sister.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:48 AM - Thread Starter

So yesterday Lila ripped off her diaper so she could pee on my floor. Twice.  (she's been doing it a while, but yesterday it was pretty obvious.. the diaper was dry both times.)  I could get a potty chair and encourage this, but she's not even 11mo.  And I don't WANT her to potty learn.. she's so bitty. And her diapers are so beautiful! I have 2 on the way that she hasn't even worn yet lol!   WWYD? So far I've just been putting pants on her lol.  

Amanda

Old 08-13-2011, 11:17 AM

I'd just get pants if you don't want to potty train.  I don't blame you for not wanting to... I still haven't gotten into that with my toddler, I'm waiting until she insists.  Imagining being out running errands and having to find a place for a kid to pee at a moment's notice, sounds like a nightmare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda_Reyasmom View Post

So yesterday Lila ripped off her diaper so she could pee on my floor. Twice.  (she's been doing it a while, but yesterday it was pretty obvious.. the diaper was dry both times.)  I could get a potty chair and encourage this, but she's not even 11mo.  And I don't WANT her to potty learn.. she's so bitty. And her diapers are so beautiful! I have 2 on the way that she hasn't even worn yet lol!   WWYD? So far I've just been putting pants on her lol.  

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

Old 08-13-2011, 05:06 PM

I think you should totally get a little potty for her to sit on! It is her own desire so you are not forcing anything on her! We do EC and it is only because DS taught me how! Don't worry, it will be at least 7 months before she will be trained, so you will still get use out of your cute diapers! By all means, don't make her sit in her own pee If she would rather not just because it's cute! smile.gif We don't catch nearly as much pee as what you are describing, just 98 percent of the poop, and it is so awesome!!
Quote:

Mama to angel1.gif angel1.gif angel1.gif angel1.gifangel1.gif

DS1 (6) jog.gif , DS2 (3)sleepytime.gifbaby.gif DD is here!

Old 08-13-2011, 07:27 PM

Have you tried snap diapers?  They're harder for the little ones to get off.

Quote:

Old 08-13-2011, 07:32 PM - Thread Starter

These are snap diapers lol.  And they're hard core snaps 3 on each side! Today she started un snapping them through the pants.  I'm getting a potty chair this week.  

Ya know, I'm really feeling cheated out of this whole "baby" thing.  She has always been a little person.  She didn't stay very "baby" for long at all.  She came out of the womb holding her neck up, she's hit every milestone early.  I'm just bummed.  I was really hoping for squishy and swaddling longer.  

Amanda

Old 08-14-2011, 06:44 AM

Mae's the same. I've broken down and cried a few times because I want her to be my last but she's not a baby like the other two were! 

She met a little girl yesterday that was born the same day as her... that girl is bigger than her but not as advanced.... 

Should have known better though... between her daddy and I we hit most of our milestones early (and her bittyness comes from him, he looked like a little kid until his senior year of high school)

As for potty training, you could do what my sister did! potty train early (around now) and just used cloth diapers instead of "training pants" to lower the amount of accidents she actually had a lot of cleaning up to do, also makes it easier when you are going out and need to find her a potty... if you don't right away you just change the diaper.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:29 PM

Wow... long time no see guys!!! Mark has grown up so much and I love reading about what your babies are doing! We now have 6 teeth and he is an eating champ, LOVES his food! He eats anything but yogurt! :) He also has taken a few steps!!! 2 is the max so far, but WOW. He's pointing at everything, says mama, and dada, but not always "correctly" lol! He also tries very hard to say "dog" and he barks! Its the funniest thing ever. The dogs will all be barking and he just yells! EH! EH! EH! Too cute! Mark is waving, and pushing his little train thing all over the place, going up and down the stairs... its insane how much he is doing now. Can't believe he'll be 11months in a couple days and then 1 year just a month later... SLOW DOWN. His sleep is still awful, but during the day he is the happiest kid ever (besides a little seperation anxiety.. ok a lot.. lol). 

Biggest thing, we started baby swim classes. HE LOVES IT. Wish we started earlier, but we waited till after our big vacation (which was amazing and we decided to move to Portland, OR!!) This kid is a FISH! Seriously! He can almost swim already, he floats on his back, and kicks and is starting to hold his breath underwater. Seriously awesome. 

Here are a few pictures....

This is on the way home from Portland, yes WE DROVE. 4 adults a 2 y/o and a 10 mo/o 3 days each way! And we all survived. Mark did great! 

IMG_2979.jpg

Here he is doing one of his faveorite things, EATING. He eats enough now that I have to make him his own plate!!

IMG_3196.jpg

And finally here he is floating with daddy helping a little at swim class! :) 

IMG_3222.jpg

- Mom to Baby Mark (9/18/10) and 4 wonderful dogs!
Old 08-18-2011, 03:57 PM

Birthday party plans?

We are probably doing a "pirate tea party" one for miss Mae Mae... her favorite toy is a tea pot and she loves playing with her brothers old pirate things.

Old 08-18-2011, 05:09 PM - Thread Starter

Hell if I know! I'm sticking my head in the sand and trying to pretend it isn't happening.  

Amanda

Old 08-18-2011, 05:33 PM

Quote:

Hell if I know! I'm sticking my head in the sand and trying to pretend it isn't happening.  

yeahthat.gif

Totally in denial. TOTALLY. I think we'll do a cookout/no-theme party :)  But T is already excited about the cake, or as he calls it "CACK". He has a baaaad sweet tooth ;)

hearts.gif(6), energy.gif(4.5),  diaper.gif (2) and  IT'S A babygirl.gif!!!!  ~9/24/12~ vbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

Old 08-18-2011, 06:51 PM

DS only started walking about 3 weeks ago and now he is running. The transition from walking to running went so quickly. *sigh*

Curious if any of you plan to turn the car-seat around at 12 months? Or are your going with the new recommendation to keep babies rear-facing until they are 2 years old?

DS ( 9/2010) and TTC #2 fingersx.gif

Old 08-18-2011, 07:29 PM

Mae Mae started running tonight too! Daddy came home and she just couldn't get to him fast enough. Thought he was gonna break his face smiling so hard!

Still no words, but she gets her point across with sign language for the most part.

Old 08-18-2011, 08:09 PM - Thread Starter

DD's new trick is when she gets sleepy, she starts rubbing her eyes and asks for "da-dee" OMG talk about melting my heart.  untitled.bmp

Amanda

Old 08-19-2011, 02:43 PM

Def until at least 2.  Emma turned 2 in April and she's still RF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsDolphin View Post

DS only started walking about 3 weeks ago and now he is running. The transition from walking to running went so quickly. *sigh*

Curious if any of you plan to turn the car-seat around at 12 months? Or are your going with the new recommendation to keep babies rear-facing until they are 2 years old?

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

Old 08-22-2011, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly1101 View Post

Def until at least 2.  Emma turned 2 in April and she's still RF.

Each of my kids has gone progressively longer RF. I hope to make it to 2 with T.

Annnd....as of last week, T is walking EVERYWHERE. Nearly 11m exactly. He seems SO big now :(

hearts.gif(6), energy.gif(4.5),  diaper.gif (2) and  IT'S A babygirl.gif!!!!  ~9/24/12~ vbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

Old 08-22-2011, 08:08 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

DD1 is 3.25 years and is still RF (she is really big too....)  I plan on keeping her until the limit of her seat.  DD2 will take the same route.  So so so much safer.  Check out the Family Safety forum for more info on extending RFing.

Hannah is going to be 1 soon.  OMG.  I can't believe my little baby is getting so old.  People think she is much younger though because she has very little blond hair and is on the smaller side.  She is trying to stand unassisted for a few seconds at a time.  I wonder if she will walk before big sis did at 14 months.  She seems pretty happy to crawl, so I am not holding my breath.

SAHM to Chloe«- 6/2008 (10 lbs, 5 oz), Hannah- 9/2010 (9 lbs, 12 oz), Liam- 2/2013 (9 lbs, 6 oz)

Old 08-22-2011, 09:13 AM

Elliot has been walking for a few weeks but now can bend over and pick up a toy and keep going.  crazy.

For his bday we're going low key- immediate family only.  I think we're going to cater it since we're crappy cooks and way too busy.

So, my issue of the day-- Elliot won't sit to nurse for long any more.  During the day especially he just wiggles around, gets down, turns over, stands up... I can get him to nurse a few minutes if I sit on the couch and lean over and he stands on the floor and nurses standing up.  It's annoying, it hurts when he keeps pulling off, and everyone here says it's a sign he's ready to wean.  NO WAY!  too early!  Any ideas, thoughts, tips?

Old 08-22-2011, 12:30 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieInChicago View Post

Elliot has been walking for a few weeks but now can bend over and pick up a toy and keep going.  crazy.

For his bday we're going low key- immediate family only.  I think we're going to cater it since we're crappy cooks and way too busy.

So, my issue of the day-- Elliot won't sit to nurse for long any more.  During the day especially he just wiggles around, gets down, turns over, stands up... I can get him to nurse a few minutes if I sit on the couch and lean over and he stands on the floor and nurses standing up.  It's annoying, it hurts when he keeps pulling off, and everyone here says it's a sign he's ready to wean.  NO WAY!  too early!  Any ideas, thoughts, tips?

I think it sounds like you've got a distracted almost 1yo :) A lot of babies go on nursing strikes around this age because they're just sooo busy.  Lila is all about the nursing acrobats too.  I think it's a-ok to set limits here.  Tell him it hurts when he does xyz and he can't nurse  right now.  If Lila bites then she gets to stop nursing.  That's just a rule, "Don't hurt Mommy" 

As for us, we're still pretty much the same.  Walking and talking.  Last time I posted she had about 5 words.  She's added a couple like YAY and she told me she loves me! It was the best lol.. She said "mum" and I said "what?" Then she said "hi" I laughed then she said "mum" and I said "what baby?" and she said "I love you" .  Well, it came out "lave you" but I'm pretty sure that's what she meant thumb.gif

Ohh and she met another baby! She had no idea there were other little people in the world.  She looked this baby (2wks younger) right in the eye and then tried to touch her.. yep.  Right in the eye! It was fun, and they shared well.  :D 

Amanda

Old 08-22-2011, 05:06 PM

Instead of clapping when DS does something, I taught him to pump his hands in the air. Like when he gets the shapes into a toy. Cracks me up every time I see him do it. Probably not helping I encourage him. LOL

Old 08-22-2011, 06:35 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Instead of clapping when DS does something, I taught him to pump his hands in the air. Like when he gets the shapes into a toy. Cracks me up every time I see him do it. Probably not helping I encourage him. 

We need video! That sounds hilarious :D

Amanda

Old 08-23-2011, 06:09 AM

OMG just typed out this long post and then my mouse clicked wrong and I lost it.  Arrrgh.

ok-- 

-walking-- just a few steps at a time here, he's very unimpressed with it and would rather crawl

-climbing-- all over the damn place.  up on the bed, up on the sofa, up on everything.  thank god we have no stairs

-teeth-- still just 8, top and bottom front four.  not looking forward to molars

-birthday-- in 8 days.  wild, wild, wild.  fun to think of how miserable I was a year ago.  doing semi-small party, family at my mom's house, low-key, a couple of other babies (my nephew and my cousin's baby)

-talking-- not sure.  pretty sure about 'dada" and "up" but the rest I don't know whether it's just mimicking sounds, or actual intent-talking.  will know in a few months, I reckon.  I remember by 13-14 months Em was obv understanding most things we said to her

-pics:

At another baby's 1st birthday part last week-- racing to the top-- ignore my awesome nursing-bra cleavage

313951_781435874142_6105409_39277560_2323692_n.jpg

My little redhead

003-4.jpg

Peek-a-boo (red spot on his face from where his sister (accidentally) bashed him in the face with a very heavy toy, lmao, poor guy)

022-1.jpg

Loves the swings

001-2.jpg

I just like this shot

022-2.jpg

"do that walking trick again and I'll give you a car"

024-2.jpg

019-3.jpg

<3 my 1-year-old

Old 08-23-2011, 10:43 AM

Wow!  So many babies doing so many things these days--so much fun!

I'm coming to think Little Miss Eleanor is a bit of a perfectionist and therefore is hesitant to try new things until she's confident she can do them well.  For example, she was definitely on the later side of crawling--she waited until she was 9 months old, then went from army crawling to cross crawling in about a day.  Now she's cruising everywhere, and usually walks around our couch barely touching it, but I don't think she's going to stop making contact with the couch until she's 100% sure she can do it "perfectly."  lol.gif  Definitely takes after both her mommy AND daddy on that score...

No real words here yet.  She's said "Da" a few times when looking at DH, and has said "Ga-gi" when looking at our dog (he has a really tough name for a little baby), but not much else.  She does, however, roar like a lion and make monkey noises if you ask her to do so! love.gif

I can't believe she's going to be one on SATURDAY!  Just 4 more days!  We had our big party for her this past weekend--held it at a local park with swings and a playground.  It was a lot of fun.  On her actual birthday we're just going to have our immediate family over--I'm starting back at work on Monday, so we wanted to keep it nice and low-key.

She's actually at daycare today so I can get some lesson planning done.  It's so sad being home all alone without her--I keep thinking b/c it's so quiet she must just be getting into trouble...

I before E, except after C.  Weird.
DD: 8/2010.
Old 08-23-2011, 12:50 PM

That's just how Em was.  She finally started walking at 14 months, and as soon as she did she was walking perfectly, like an older toddler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurski View Post

I'm coming to think Little Miss Eleanor is a bit of a perfectionist and therefore is hesitant to try new things until she's confident she can do them well.  For example, she was definitely on the later side of crawling--she waited until she was 9 months old, then went from army crawling to cross crawling in about a day.  Now she's cruising everywhere, and usually walks around our couch barely touching it, but I don't think she's going to stop making contact with the couch until she's 100% sure she can do it "perfectly."  lol.gif  Definitely takes after both her mommy AND daddy on that score...

Old 08-23-2011, 02:15 PM

Does anyone's LO sleep through the night?

DS still gets up 1-2 times a night for a feeding. I don't know if we should try to "force" him to sleep through the night, by not providing a bottle when he wakes up. I read/heard to give water and/or sooth him back to sleep (rub his back, give a paci, etc). I guess I feel when he's ready he will sleep through the night. Am I off in thinking that?

Old 08-23-2011, 02:40 PM

Totally normal for a 12 month old to wake up 1-2 times a night.  If you're in "night-weaning mode" (although sounds like ya'll do bottles), I have heard to gradually increase the amount of water in the bottle (as compared to the amount of formula), eventually it won't be "worth it" to him to wake up, and he'll start eating more during the day to compensate.

But, you don't HAVE to do anything like that.  Like I said... it's normal.  My two year old still often wakes up.  Hell, even *I* don't sleep through the whole night without waking (even before kids).

Quote:

Does anyone's LO sleep through the night?

DS still gets up 1-2 times a night for a feeding. I don't know if we should try to "force" him to sleep through the night, by not providing a bottle when he wakes up. I read/heard to give water and/or sooth him back to sleep (rub his back, give a paci, etc). I guess I feel when he's ready he will sleep through the night. Am I off in thinking that?

Old 08-23-2011, 08:55 PM

Wow. Love seeing your posts! Mark WALKED ACROSS THE ROOM TODAY!!! Woo hoo! 

We are slowly working on night weaning here... some think its still too early, but he's waking every hour (co-sleeping or not) and I can't take it anymore. So we did half the night no nursing last night, and are doing half the night again tonight and are hoping to go most of the night tomorrow night. We aren't letting him CIO, we are still offering other comforts, just not nursing. Mommy needs some sleep. 

- Mom to Baby Mark (9/18/10) and 4 wonderful dogs!
Old 08-24-2011, 07:18 AM

We're night-weaning soon.  I had planned to already be doing it, but he's been sick, and now I've got ANOTHER plugged duct that needs to be nursed out.  I did this:  

http://drjaygordon.com/attachment/sleeppattern.html  with Em, will probably do it about the same with Ozzy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8boarder15 View Post

Wow. Love seeing your posts! Mark WALKED ACROSS THE ROOM TODAY!!! Woo hoo! 

We are slowly working on night weaning here... some think its still too early, but he's waking every hour (co-sleeping or not) and I can't take it anymore. So we did half the night no nursing last night, and are doing half the night again tonight and are hoping to go most of the night tomorrow night. We aren't letting him CIO, we are still offering other comforts, just not nursing. Mommy needs some sleep. 

Old 08-24-2011, 07:46 AM - Thread Starter

You guys have my sympathy! Lila's been sleeping through the night (5-6 hour stretches) since we came home from the hospital.  She has been sleeping ALL night (8-12 hours) since 3ish months.  She doesn't nap worth a damn.  She has to be in arms or the sling, but she sleeps great at night! 

Amanda

User Tag List