Where are the Sept '10 babies? - Page 22 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#631 of 658 Old 08-24-2011, 07:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Mae is walking everywhere and for long distances. She's to the point now where she catches herself rather than falling. Still almost no words, she's been focusing on walking so much. We have a definite "Daddy" means daddy now... she whined at him the other night because he wouldn't pick her up "DAAAAAADDY!!!"

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#632 of 658 Old 08-25-2011, 06:23 AM - Thread Starter

Lila's not doing anything new.. mostly just building on skills.  When I tell her "No" she looks at me and says "Daddy!"  Cause he doesn't mind if she plays scrabble (or anything else lol) This is where she waits for me to come out of the bathroom.  

292055_10150402423312678_608592677_10737073_4144170_n.jpg

Amanda
Mom to Reya (13) and Little baby Lila 9/22

http://arealwomanssweatjournal.blogspot.com

#633 of 658 Old 08-25-2011, 06:37 AM

Last night, T was running around like a maniac destroying the living room. The boy can make a huge mess in 2 seconds flat! Anyway, suddenly his pj pants were in his hand instead of on his bottom. He looked at me, took a few steps toward me and said, 'HERE!' and handed me the pants. Silly kiddo :)

hearts.gif(6), energy.gif(4.5),  diaper.gif (2) and  IT'S A babygirl.gif!!!!  ~9/24/12~ vbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

#634 of 658 Old 08-25-2011, 07:47 AM

UGH Mae's a little ball of destruction lately too. She totally ruined the entire pack of paperwork for her brother & sisters school.

I'm not looking forward to this weekend. If we get evacuated, I have to do it with 3 kids and no husband. Sucky.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#635 of 658 Old 08-25-2011, 10:20 AM

Kelly--that's really good to know about Em.  Am I right in remembering she waited to talk, too?  That seems to be the track Ellie's on.  (By the way--are you guys ok after the earthquake yesterday?)

Ellie's also a holy terror around our place.  Swathes of destruction left behind everywhere.  The worst part is that the layout of our apartment makes it very tough to babyproof certain areas, and she's recently discovered places that aren't safe.  Problem-solving babyproofing issues is no fun!

As for sleep--Ellie's finally been sleeping in a crib for about the past 1.5 months (no longer in a carseat, yay!), and generally sleeps from 9-5 or 6.  She'll occasionally wake up, but DH just gives her some butt pats and she's usually off to sleep.  I'm actually in the process of weaning her down to just 2 feedings a day--first thing in the morning and right before bed--because I am going back to work next week and won't be able to pump anymore with my new schedule.  (I also get so little when I pump at this point that it wouldn't be nearly enough to feed her.)  I'm hoping to keep the 2x a day nursing until around 18 months, when I'll probably start to wean her of those nursings too, but I'm not sure yet.  My goal is 18 months, and then we'll go from there...

I before E, except after C.  Weird.
DD: 8/2010.
#636 of 658 Old 08-25-2011, 10:23 AM

Oh, and I forgot to ask you guys--how are your LOs naps?  For a few months Ellie (finally!) had a nice, consistent nap schedule--lately they seem to be all over the place (and for all different lengths of time).  At first I thought she was moving to a one nap a day schedule, but given how sleepy/grumpy she is when her morning nap is pushed back too far, I don't think she's quite ready for it yet.

#637 of 658 Old 08-25-2011, 11:33 AM

Mae naps 10-11 and 2-3

her schedule messes up any time she is teething or just before a growth spurt.

#638 of 658 Old 08-25-2011, 02:33 PM

DS will normally take 2 good naps a day (1.5 - 3 hours), however the times vary. I wish we had him on a better routine, but he is with me, DH or either set of Grandparents depending on the work schedule, so it's hard to get on a good routine.

DS ( 9/2010) and TTC #2 fingersx.gif

#639 of 658 Old 08-25-2011, 06:33 PM

So, Silas is still not sleeping through the night....although, he's been down for over an hour, which is unusual for this time of the night.

We're thinking of doing the Dr. Gordon thing pretty soon. I read a great series of posts on the Leaky Boob about when she did it. It sounds like there was one horrible night and then it wasn't that bad. Kelly, is that your experience?

Silas is crawling, pulling up, into EVERYTHING. He's also stopped saying any nouns (other than "daddy" and "mama," but I think "mama" means "feed me") and replaced them all with "that." It's very efficient.

Mama to Silas Anansi, born 9/9/10 and Petra Eadaion, born 10/1/12.

#640 of 658 Old 08-25-2011, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurski View Post

Kelly--that's really good to know about Em.  Am I right in remembering she waited to talk, too?  That seems to be the track Ellie's on.  (By the way--are you guys ok after the earthquake yesterday?)

Yep, Em had like 2 words at 20 months.  Then by the time she hit 2 years old she had like 200 words.  It was almost literally overnight.  It's just her personality-- she doesn't want to do anything until she can do it right.  She's very cautious and very perfectionist-- a quirky kid-- but she gets to it all on her own schedule.  

The earthquake was like the scariest thing of my life, lmao.  We had just gotten home and were in the kitchen having a snack, my first thought was "a car just hit our house" then after about 3-4 seconds realized it was an earthquake.  Snatched up the babies and went to the doorway of the bedroom.  It was so loud, dishes rattling, everything shaking pretty violently, for a LONG time.  I just kept waiting for it to stop.  Was probably about 60 seconds but that felt like 10 minutes at least, haha.  I was all shaken up (no pun intended) for quite a while afterwards.  We're only about 30 miles from the epicenter, so it was nuts.

Quote:

Oh, and I forgot to ask you guys--how are your LOs naps?  For a few months Ellie (finally!) had a nice, consistent nap schedule--lately they seem to be all over the place (and for all different lengths of time).  At first I thought she was moving to a one nap a day schedule, but given how sleepy/grumpy she is when her morning nap is pushed back too far, I don't think she's quite ready for it yet.

Ozzy's at one a day, usually around 10:30 or 11, for an hour or sometimes 2 if I'm lucky.  Then he sleeps 7 pm - 7 am (with a few wake ups of course).  He went to one probably at about 10 months, which is actually a month later than Em did.  Neither of my kids are big on naps, apparently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilatti View Post

So, Silas is still not sleeping through the night....although, he's been down for over an hour, which is unusual for this time of the night.

We're thinking of doing the Dr. Gordon thing pretty soon. I read a great series of posts on the Leaky Boob about when she did it. It sounds like there was one horrible night and then it wasn't that bad. Kelly, is that your experience?

Silas is crawling, pulling up, into EVERYTHING. He's also stopped saying any nouns (other than "daddy" and "mama," but I think "mama" means "feed me") and replaced them all with "that." It's very efficient.

We had a few bad nights, but all in all it went well.  One thing is that we did it a lot slower paced than the schedule Gordon lays out.  Like, instead of doing each "stage" in 3 days, we'd spend a week on each stage.  By the second or third week, it was very smooth and easy.  The first stage was definitely the hardest.

Ozzy's mobility is really taking off past week or so.  He's standing on his own now all the time, takes a few steps occasionaly, still prefers crawling.  He crawls like a streak of white lightning, though.  The boy is FAST.  He is climbing on everything, can get up and down off the beds now (mattresses/box springs on the floor), the sofa, crawls up into the big tubs of duplos in the play room, etc.  I'm glad that we are still very baby/toddler-proofed.  Because he's much more into everything and causing havoc than Em was.  His life's mission is to find creative ways to try to get to electrical cords and chew on them.  You wouldn't believe the things I've had to do with electric cords around here to keep him away from them.

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

#641 of 658 Old 08-26-2011, 04:32 AM

Everyone ready for Irene?  We've had to cancel Ozzy's birthday party-- were going to have it at my mom's house in Deltaville (just north of Virginia Beach on the bay) tomorrow at 2 pm.  

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

#642 of 658 Old 08-27-2011, 10:30 AM - Thread Starter

Am I the only one who needs to go through this thread to write down when she hit all these great milestones? lol

Amanda

#643 of 658 Old 08-31-2011, 11:59 AM

Happy birthday to my baby boy :)

#644 of 658 Old 08-31-2011, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly1101 View Post

birthday.gif

Wife to dh, Mommy to my heavenly angel, J (06), and my earthly angels, S (07) and E (10)

#645 of 658 Old 08-31-2011, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly1101 View Post

Happy Birthday, Ozzy!

Ellie's birthday was Saturday.  So glad the hurricane wasn't last year--that would have been one heck of a trip to the hospital!

#646 of 658 Old 09-01-2011, 06:47 AM - Thread Starter

OMGosh! Happy birthday to Ozzy and Ellie! I can't believe it's been a year.  I might cry! 

Amanda

#647 of 658 Old 09-01-2011, 07:01 PM

birthday.gif to Ozzy and Ellie!!

I cannot believe how quickly this year has gone by. They're not babies any more :(

hearts.gif(6), energy.gif(4.5),  diaper.gif (2) and  IT'S A babygirl.gif!!!!  ~9/24/12~ vbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

#648 of 658 Old 09-03-2011, 06:29 PM

Yeah, Mae's all out a toddler. No more crawling. At all. She falls down? Stands right back up and keeps walking. I want to cry! 

She carries things, looks behind her while walking, brings us things if we ask her to. Where's my baby?!

#649 of 658 Old 09-04-2011, 08:42 AM

Wow... I'm kind of looking forward to that, but scared of it, too.

Ozzy's still just taking a few steps here and there-- half the time he'll be standing, and I'll sit a bit away and hold out my arms for him to walk to me-- he'll take 2-3 steps and then just pitch face-first towards me and I have to catch him, lmao.

So Irene cancelled Ozzy's party on the 27th.  We re-scheduled for the 10th.  If Katia cancels this one I'm gonna be PISSED.

TURN KATIA TURN.

#650 of 658 Old 09-04-2011, 05:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post

Yeah, Mae's all out a toddler. No more crawling. At all. She falls down? Stands right back up and keeps walking. I want to cry! 

She carries things, looks behind her while walking, brings us things if we ask her to. Where's my baby?!

:( It's sad isn't it? Lila gave up crawling a month ago.  She helps me put away the laundry and speaks in (small) sentences.  "It's good" "I did it" "I love you" I can't believe how fast she's grown up.  Here she is today.  

308223_10150423812072678_608592677_10946509_3170042_n.jpg

And last week she got her first "big girl" adjustment at the chiropractor.  Up until then she'd be adjusted on my lap.  

2011-08-30 10.55.07.jpg

I started a Toddler thread.  I didn't want to leave the DDC.. this is even harder! 

Amanda

#651 of 658 Old 09-04-2011, 07:50 PM

She is so beautiful!

It blows my mind that we have talkers in this thread.  Em was an early talker like that, but Ozzy still seems so much like a baby.  We've still only heard "daddy" and "up."

#652 of 658 Old 09-05-2011, 10:15 AM - Thread Starter

Aww thank you.  She's just so amazing.  I miss "baby" of course.  I love love love the newborn phase.  But I am remembering to celebrate all the toddler stuff too.  Yesterday she took off her diaper and we put her on the baby potty.  She totally pee-peed in it!  She was so proud of herself.  She kept clapping and yelling "Yay" at it lol.  That's just awesomeness you don't get with a baby kwim? 

Amanda

#653 of 658 Old 09-05-2011, 12:22 PM

Ellie's just started walking--I missed her first two steps, as I was out walking our dog, but got to see her third!  She'll take a few steps by herself now and then, but usually likes to walk around and around our couch, stepping/cruising.  I can't believe we have walkers and talkers already!

Ellie definitely still feels more baby than toddler, especially since she's not really talking or regularly walking.  However, she definitely seems to have mastered the art of the tantrum, so at least she's more like a toddler in that regard!  lol.gif

(Kelly, I hope you were able to have Ozzy's party!)

#654 of 658 Old 09-05-2011, 12:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
.  However, she definitely seems to have mastered the art of the tantrum, so at least she's more like a toddler in that regard!  lol.gif

(Kelly, I hope you were able to have Ozzy's party!)

OMGosh that made me LOL.  Lila screamed until I let her shoplift grapes (2) while at the store yesterday! 

Amanda

#655 of 658 Old 09-05-2011, 02:52 PM

Yep... I remember thinking on Em's 2nd birthday that the second year is SO MUCH more fun than the first.  I'm very very excited for Ozzy to enter his second year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda_Reyasmom View Post

Aww thank you.  She's just so amazing.  I miss "baby" of course.  I love love love the newborn phase.  But I am remembering to celebrate all the toddler stuff too.  Yesterday she took off her diaper and we put her on the baby potty.  She totally pee-peed in it!  She was so proud of herself.  She kept clapping and yelling "Yay" at it lol.  That's just awesomeness you don't get with a baby kwim? 

#656 of 658 Old 09-12-2011, 12:52 PM

We're in the midst of our first super scary high fever--104.6 a few hours ago.  I had to pick her up from daycare and took her to the doctor's.  Possibly Roseola.  Poor kiddo!  (And, holy scary high fever!)

#657 of 658 Old 09-21-2011, 11:31 AM

Laurski- Oh no! I hope your DD feels better soon! :hug:

Ok so I am SO bad at keeping up with forum posts... I almost feel like I'm crashing the thread... :blush:

Happy Birthday to all the September LOs! DD's was on Sunday! Wow I can't believe it's been a year!

#658 of 658 Old 09-26-2011, 02:59 PM - Thread Starter

I started a thread in Toddlers! I'm itching to see birthday pics! 

Amanda

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page