Where are the Sept '10 babies? - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-28-2011, 08:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Awww!  Love the hats :D

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2011, 09:38 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly1101 View Post

Awww!  Love the hats :D

Dit-tow! Too cute :D

Gention Violet should help thrush it's available OTC, you may have to ask the pharmacist though. I hope it clears up quickly.  I'd also take oral garlic as often as you can stand it.   

Amanda
Mom to Reya (13) and Little baby Lila 9/22

http://arealwomanssweatjournal.blogspot.com

Old 03-28-2011, 10:01 AM

We went out for Pho over the weekend and Cady-Bear grabbed a bean sprout and immediately choked on it! Red face, not breathing. DH was holding him at the time and turned to me and said, "Chelsea, he's choking," and I just took him and did the baby heimlich without even thinking about it, it was unreal. The bean sprout came right up and he started laughing and was totally fine, but I was all jittery from the adrenaline for hours. I think maybe we'll lay off the pho for awhile.

In other news, he's pulling to a stand and rocking on hands and knees a lot, has two teeth on the bottom, and is eating little bits of egg yolk out of my hard-boiled eggs every morning. I tried giving him avocado last week and he cried like I was trying to poison him. I also gave him a bot of carrot, which he seemed okay with. He's been really fussy the past few days, possibly because it got cold and gray again after some nice sunny warmth. He's also been letting his dad put him to sleep again, phew! I was getting a little worried he would only nurse to sleep from now on.

I'm not sure what I weigh, but I know I'm below my pre-pregnancy weight. I find it really difficult to eat enough on my own with my high-needs babe during the day. I think my hair has finally stopped falling out, but I also recently buzzed most of it (kept some short chunky bangs in the front because I'm so hip and edgy) because it was just thin and limp and gross. How is everyone else's hair?

Me, DH, and DS (9/18/10), living in a multi-generational household (non-pathetic way of saying we live in my parents' basement).
Old 03-28-2011, 10:03 AM

Yeah, raw garlic minced into a glass of water is what I did so I could just swallow it. Probiotics also helped, eventually.

Me, DH, and DS (9/18/10), living in a multi-generational household (non-pathetic way of saying we live in my parents' basement).
Old 03-28-2011, 05:42 PM

Oh good Maes not the only one pulling up... She just started today and all I could do was say "NO! No you are a baby! stay a baby!" lol

And I got bunches of pics of the kids yesterday to send to daddy... here are my favorites:

189802_10150120330731400_709041399_7124111_4733436_n.jpg200206_10150120394416400_709041399_7124695_2563183_n.jpg189997_10150120394501400_709041399_7124698_6219296_n.jpg

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
Old 03-30-2011, 02:34 PM

I have been MIA for ages!

DS2 is a totally average baby.  We had his 6.5 checkup and I was sweating it, because my first was crawling at 5mos and DS2 just learned to sit.  I thought he was delayed, because I only have my crazy DS1 to compare to, but my ped laughed and said sitting is a 6 month skill on average, crawling 9, walking 15. She saw my first blow through his milestones, and said it's nice that this one is being a baby.

And what a sweetie!  He's so loving, so full of smiles and joy.  He's getting a little grumpy with teething and he's really grumpy that he can't run after big brother yet, but those are his only complaints. 

He is totally not interested in solids.  Except yogurt... my dad gave him some yoplait!  ACK!  Of course he liked it - it's a sugar bomb.  But the next day, he exploded in yucky poop... major explosion.  And it was while my parents were babysitting and my dad was holding him.  I picked him up later and my dad said "he's not ready for yogurt!".  HA!

Mom to two intact boys, born at home. DS1 11/07, DS2 9/10
Old 04-01-2011, 09:25 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome back Lit Chick!

Ok so I just did episode 1 of Jillian Micheal's 30 day shred.. it's gonna be a LONG month.  I'm beat!

Amanda

Old 04-01-2011, 09:48 PM

I just lost ten pounds in three days!

I don't recommend it.  I had a vicious, violent stomach flu and vomited and had diarrhea for seven straight hours, until I near went to the hospital for dehydration.  Only now three days later have I been able to eat more than a few bites of dry toast.

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

Old 04-02-2011, 08:42 PM

anyone go through a fever yet?

Old 04-03-2011, 06:48 AM

Only mild, vaccine or teething induced fevers here. I don't think it's been over 100.3. Is your baby sick or is it caused by something else? How high? A friend took her son to the ER recently for 103 fever after vaccines, but before they could be seen it came down and he was back to his usual, happy self.

Jenifer & Tim
Caitlin Renee, September 2, 2010
Old 04-03-2011, 12:04 PM

we're 103 - 104 since yesterday.. but he was a totally happy camper.. some crying today, but mostly happy, good nursing... I can see a tooth almost surfacing too... runny nose is clear colored ...not yellow. 

Old 04-04-2011, 08:22 AM

We had a fever in February - 103 but came down with meds.  Our ped had us watch the fever and said if it did not go down with meds or if it went to 104, go to the ER, but it never did.  DS2 kept eating and was still alert, just obviously not feeling good.  He just wanted to be held 24/7.  He had the high fever overnight, then low fever in the day, and by the next night he was back to smiling.

We had one more fever like that not too long ago - he was about 103 again, but it did not last as long and he was not as miserable as with the first.

And Kelly - I had that bug when DS2 was about 7 weeks old... I'm pretty sure that's what messed up BFing for us. I have never been sicker than that in my life. I was weak for days after, probably seriously dehydrated.  I had a bad stomach bug once before, but nothing ever that violent and long.   Hugs to you, it's horrible!

Old 04-04-2011, 08:49 AM

Well, Ozzy is "crawling," but still not sitting up.  LMAO.  How is that even possible?  It's kind of like an army crawl but more like he's freestyle swimming across the floor.  He'll stretch one arm out in front of him and then squirm/push in with his feet, then take that arm back and stretch out on the other side, etc, until he wiggles to what he's trying to get.  It's way funny looking.  But yeah, refusing to sit.  He'll sit for like 60 seconds, maybe, then see something else on the floor and topple himself over.  Half the time he won't even let me sit him up, he like locks his waist and sticks out his legs straight, because he wants me to hold him up standing (ALL.THE.TIME.).  He is pretty strong with the standing, I only have to let him hold onto my hands and he can keep himself upright.  It's hilarious/frustrating to me that he won't sit.

Old 04-04-2011, 11:46 AM - Thread Starter

6mo 2wks.  Lila is 16lb 2oz and 26" long.  She started out HUGE and has grown super slow.  Met the new ped today and he was great.  Lila liked him :)

Amanda

Old 04-04-2011, 02:20 PM

I almost forgot - my baby decided he likes solids! Prior to this weekend, he was much more interested in teething on the spoon, but something just clicked.  He chowed on bits of banana, avocado, green bean, and carrot.  By last night's dinner, he was baby-birding and if I was too slow he grabbed my hands and tried to ram the food into his mouth.  He much prefers the purees to my freshly mashed offerings - even tiny lumps are too much texture for him and he gets a worried "am I going to choke" look on his face.  But the purrees he eats with gusto.

Old 04-04-2011, 02:23 PM

We are nearly halfway done with our deployment, I'm officially down over 25 pounds... if I keep this up I will not only be the lightest my husband has ever known me when he comes home... but also no longer obese!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly1101 View Post

Well, Ozzy is "crawling," but still not sitting up.  LMAO.  How is that even possible?  It's kind of like an army crawl but more like he's freestyle swimming across the floor.  He'll stretch one arm out in front of him and then squirm/push in with his feet, then take that arm back and stretch out on the other side, etc, until he wiggles to what he's trying to get.  It's way funny looking.  But yeah, refusing to sit.  He'll sit for like 60 seconds, maybe, then see something else on the floor and topple himself over.  Half the time he won't even let me sit him up, he like locks his waist and sticks out his legs straight, because he wants me to hold him up standing (ALL.THE.TIME.).  He is pretty strong with the standing, I only have to let him hold onto my hands and he can keep himself upright.  It's hilarious/frustrating to me that he won't sit.

Mae was the same way just a few weeks ago. Now she pulls herself up to standing (but only on me) and has sat herself up... twice now. She really dislikes just sitting there though...the two times she sat herself up she sat there maybe a minute then went back to crawling.

And that crawl is exactly how she started out, now she has a knees-and-elbows crawl... but its been a couple weeks since she started crawling.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
Old 04-04-2011, 03:09 PM

It's so amazing how these babies develop so differently! Caitlin is a great sitter, but doesn't crawl at all and has no interest in standing.

And we're definitely regressing on sleep. Nighttime sleep got much worse recently when teeth started poking through and she got a mild cold. But her long afternoon nap has also gotten worse - I used to be able to put her in the crib for it. I'd have to go nurse her 2-3 times during the 2 hours she slept, but if I swaddled her I could put her back down after she fell asleep each time. Now if I even stand up to get ready to put her in the crib her eyes pop open, even though she's fast asleep and has been sleeping for 20-30 minutes. So I'm stuck in my chair for 2-3 hours, reading. Or I can nap with her. If I wear her she'll rarely sleep that long. Sigh. I don't mind wearing/holding her for the 2-3 short naps she also takes each day, but I'd really love to have some of that 2 hours to do something baby-free most days.

Jenifer & Tim
Old 04-05-2011, 05:36 AM

Jenifer, that's how Em was-- an really good early sitter, and a late roller and no interest in crawling (I don't think she even army crawled until like 8 months).  I guess it's a temperament thing.  It's just freaking me out now because I thought that's how babies did it, and now Ozzy is so completely opposite.

And sleep regression-- ugh.  Remember how I had the perfect sleeper who slept great from birth?  Yeah, that's all gone now.  It's been a nightmare the past week.

Old 04-05-2011, 08:31 AM

Augghhh, sleep.  We have to wake up for work at 4am, and the kiddo has been waking up at 3:30 instead.  It's awful.  And he's been fighting sleep so hard at night.  The current pattern is try to put him down, 10-15 minutes later he starts to scream, we give him a 15-30 minute cuddle while we watch some TV, he passes out in arms.

We've tried to skip the whole screaming part and just keep him up while we finish our evening, but nope.  His routine is fake sleepiness, scream, then really sleep.  I'm not amused.

And my 3 yr old has had some potty regression - 2 full blown accidents in 3 days, after months of no problmes.  SIGH.

Old 04-05-2011, 06:23 PM

Wow! Today we went from AAAAAAAHHHHHHHs to ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-bas. Something just clicked for her. So fun to watch (and hear) these changes!

Mama to baby girl, born 9/10; expecting baby #2 4/13.

Old 04-05-2011, 06:46 PM

Oh, yes, we're getting lots of ma-ma-ma-ma-ma and some da-da-da-da-da. Very fun. I pretend she's ma-ma-ma-ing at me, even though it's still random. :) And the other day my husband and I both swore we heard her say, clear as day, "Say it again." So crazy!

Jenifer & Tim
Old 04-06-2011, 06:48 AM

Aaaand... the separation anxiety begins.  DAMMIT.  At least it's hitting him later than Em, maybe it won't last as long (from when Em was 6-9 months old, if I went more than 5 feet from her she screamed her head off).

Old 04-06-2011, 07:51 AM

Babbling--YES!  And I love it joy.gif  Ba-ba-ba-ba....vvvvvvvvv.....ga-ga-geeeee! He is SO noisy--I thought at least one of my kids would be more reserved, but I've got a third chatterbox.

Night wakings--Oh, yeah. I found him trying to get up on hands-and-knees in his crib two nights ago. This phase is hell on sleep.  Though I'm not ready for him to crawl yet, I definitely *am* ready for him to stop practicing in his sleep!

Pulling up--T will pull up using my fingers and was thinking about trying it on the laundry basket yesterday, but mostly he's still content to sit and play.  Thank goodness.  Mae, I couldn't deal with all Little Mae's antics--they're still little bitties, not big kids!

Avocado--Back a few pages someone mentioned a babe throwing up after avocado.  My older DD had a sensitivity to it in her first couple years and would throw up every. single. time. she ate it for a while. She's almost 5 and has been able to eat it without incident for at least a couple years.

We just got back from Florida where we spent our spring break. It is SO nice to have an easy, roll-with-it babe--his sleep was fine, he did great on the (very long) car trip, and he just all around had a great time :)

IMG_3704.jpg

hearts.gif(6), energy.gif(4.5),  diaper.gif (2) and  IT'S A babygirl.gif!!!!  ~9/24/12~ vbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

Old 04-06-2011, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBunch View Post

Mae, I couldn't deal with all Little Mae's antics--they're still little bitties, not big kids!

I really wish she felt the same. I got a video of her tonight standing herself up on me... crawling up to me, pulling herself up into my lap and using my stomach and chest to help her stand up... then standing there holding my chest to stand up straight without me holding her.

She shouldn't be doing this! I want her to NOT be walking yet when daddy comes home! It's so heartbreaking every milestone she hits without him here.

Old 04-06-2011, 08:32 PM - Thread Starter

Lila's been a hard core babbler since 4ish months, but still no syllables yet. 

She's said "Hiiiii" twice in the past few days in context. I can't tell if it's a real word or a freaky coincidence. So far I'm leaning towards coincidence.  She's officially pulling up, sitting really well.  Enjoying tasting food, and maybe even ingesting some!  They're hard to see, but there are 2 teeth in that big smile :)023.JPG

Amanda

Old 04-07-2011, 02:12 PM

At the ped's (not fun) as I was soothing my little guy he said 'I don't like this" it was clear as a bell, my DH and DD heard it too... then he said it two more times followed by "I don't want this".... I was not only blown away, but man did it suck to have to be there!!! Good part was that night hugging him and singing his song in his ear, he said 'I like this" clear as a bell.... that was a lot better!

today he pulled to a stand holding my fingers.. not crawling  -yet. love.gif

Old 04-07-2011, 03:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyewriter View Post

At the ped's (not fun) as I was soothing my little guy he said 'I don't like this" it was clear as a bell, my DH and DD heard it too... then he said it two more times followed by "I don't want this".... I was not only blown away, but man did it suck to have to be there!!! Good part was that night hugging him and singing his song in his ear, he said 'I like this" clear as a bell.... that was a lot better!

today he pulled to a stand holding my fingers.. not crawling  -yet. love.gif

Before today I wouldn't have believed you lol.  Lila's obsessed with The Duck Song  (You tube check it out) and 3 times she said "hey" at the same time as the duck!   I'm so glad he "liked this" Tha'ts sweet.  :D

Amanda

Old 04-08-2011, 11:32 AM

My baby has also lept into language!  He's had a very few basic words for a bit now, but last night he was mad and clearly said "I want baba!"  DH and I were dumbfounded.  It makes me think that what sounds to me like "I love you" might really be it.

DS2 is such a thinker.  It's so interesting to watch how he develops and the skills he's putting his effort into.

Old 04-08-2011, 12:33 PM - Thread Starter

Oh good, I was starting to think I was losing my mind! This morning when DH came in from his run she very clearly flirted with him and said "hiiiiii" LOL 

Amanda

Old 04-08-2011, 12:36 PM

I thought T had been saying "Hey" appropriately for a while, and it seems like he's tried "yeah" too.  But nothing like what you guys are getting. Wow!!  My kids are early talkers but not even close to phrases at 7m!!

hearts.gif(6), energy.gif(4.5),  diaper.gif (2) and  IT'S A babygirl.gif!!!!  ~9/24/12~ vbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

User Tag List