13 1/2 months and nowhere near walking... :- - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 01-25-2011, 10:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

It's driving me crazy!

He pulls up on everything and scales the couch, chairs, etc. But he seems to have zero interest in standing alone or taking those first steps. 

I'm in a playgroup with 7 other babies the same age and they have all been walking for months. It is starting to make me feel really bad. He can't do any of the same stuff they do b/c he hasn't mastered that key skill yet. 

How worried should I be?

#2 of 4 Old 01-25-2011, 10:26 AM

I wouldn't be worried at all!

My first walked at 10 1/2 months. My second walked at 14 months. My third walked before he was 9 months. My fourth walked at 12 months. Every baby is different!

My father walked at 9 months, and his brother started walking at 18 months! I've seen a wide variance, and I never think the baby is "behind schedule". The little one is on their own schedule.

My late walker, though, is now the fastest runner in her class, and my uncle (the late walker) now runs marathons with his children.

#3 of 4 Old 01-26-2011, 06:41 PM

Your child is still well within the range of normal! My children both were pulling to stand by 7 months and cruising furniture with confidence by 9 months, but they walked at 13 months and 17 months. I had just called Early On to refer my son for assitance, as he was nearing 18 months, when he stood up and took off! We did do a couple chiro appointments just before he walked, and he had a pretty serious twist in his sacrum.

sleepytime.gifC.- WOHM, CPST Instructor, and all around busy Mama to  blowkiss.gifA.- 02/04, bouncy.gif I. 01/07,babyf.gifE. 09/10 and

stork-suprise.gif expecting the surprise of our lives Fall 2012!

#4 of 4 Old 01-26-2011, 06:58 PM

DD#1 crawled and cruised at 7 months, but didn't walk until 15 months! Your baby sounds perfectly normal.

Mama to my beautiful Ana Carolina (2/07), Isabel Cristina (6/10), and #3 on the way in August 2013!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page