Teething signs but no sign of new teeth! (10.5 months) - Mothering Forums

#1 of 4 Old 01-27-2011, 07:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My DD has six teeth so far (4 top, 2 bottom). It's been about 3 weeks since the last one broke through. For the past few week, she's been showing all of the signs of teething that she had with the previous teeth: napping poorly, drooling excessively, rash on her chin & cheeks, constantly putting any/everything in her mouth and biting, occasional looser stools, fussiness, hitting/rubbing her ears (although she also does this when tired or wanting to nurse), and today she had a slightly elevated temp (99.5).  She no longer lets me look in her mouth whenever I want, so it's hard seeing what, if anything is going on. But this afternoon I was able to get a decent look and feel, and there doesn't seem to be any swelling on her gums anywhere. (She had swelling preceding each of the other teeth.) So my question is: is it possible to get teeth without the gums swelling?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 01-27-2011, 07:27 PM

Cecilia's gums never swelled up from teething. But since yours already has, I don't know how likely it is that she would teeth without swelling now. I assume it's pretty possible though!

bedsharing, knitting, toddler-nursing, nerdy, babywearing mama!

familybed1.gif  knit.gif toddler.gif  geek.gif  momsling.GIF

#3 of 4 Old 01-27-2011, 07:31 PM

Oh Mama I feel your pain. Our guy is finally cutting his first teeth and he has been having all the same symptoms. He is such a trooper though. He really didnt have any swelling to the areas until just today when I could see little white caps barely poking through. It seems like the swelling he did have only lasted a few hours. Good luck! Cold washcloths have been our BFFs

A Mommy In Love!!!

#4 of 4 Old 01-27-2011, 09:07 PM

You might try the Amber necklaces for babies...it helped dd and my nephew wears his all the time and it cut down on a lot of his discomforts with teething and he slept better.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page