Ear infection! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 01-31-2011, 10:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just took my DD for her 4 month well baby visit... One of the things I needed to ask about was this persistent little cough she's had-- but I figured, dry air in the winter, everyone has little colds off and on, she recently started daycare 3 days/week, etc. Turns out both ears are infected! Ugh! I'm disappointed to be giving her antibiotics so young, but if it helps her feel better... Plus she did go from sleeping 4+ hours at night to waking after 2 hours. I figured she just needed to nurse, but maybe she was hurting! My ds (now about to turn 3) had tons of ear infections his 2nd winter, but not this young. Then again he didnt start daycare until he was 12 months... Poor baby.

No questions for you all, I guess I'm just sharing/venting.

Bethany
#2 of 3 Old 01-31-2011, 02:24 PM

hug2.gif

My little guy is sick right now too. It's so hard! Hang in there, Mama!

#3 of 3 Old 02-01-2011, 09:26 PM

It's hard isn't it?  Our new year's eve present was a nasty ear infection in my then 5 1/2 month old.  It was truly awful for over a week (and we did antibiotics too).  She's had a bit of a cold for the last week again and of course I'm worried we're going to go through it all again.  *sigh*  Hope your little one feels better soon!

~m. Mama to two! DS (11/2006) and DD (07/2010).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page