Will "stork bites" go away? Not trying to be superficial... - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 46 Old 02-27-2011, 08:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yes I had a wonderful time with the actual births, there was a lot of hassle surrounding it that was just that, a hassle, but the birthing of babies part was smooth easy and completely joyful, no hassle could overshadow that!

Sorry for the thread hyjack. Back to our stork bites....

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#32 of 46 Old 02-27-2011, 09:51 AM

#33 of 46 Old 03-04-2011, 10:55 AM

My 3rd DD had stork bites that went away by age 2.  Then her sister (age 4 at the time) ran her over with her bike("She didn't move out of the way!"), and DD's stork bites returned with the giant goose egg that appeared.  They went away again a few months later.

I guess it depends on the bites/kid.

#34 of 46 Old 03-05-2011, 10:58 AM

My newborn has a storkbite on the right side of his nose (I will try to post a pic). I too have been worried about when it will go away, my ped said by age 1 but after reading PP's posts I see it may not :( 105_3617.JPG

Mommy to beauties DS1 (7), DS2 (4, autism), & DS3 (2)

and many angel babies angel1.gif

#35 of 46 Old 03-05-2011, 01:49 PM
Banned

My 6 mo old was born with stork bite under her nose - totally faded now.  Can't see it at all.  

#36 of 46 Old 03-06-2011, 11:43 AM

I had no idea so many babies had stork bites on their eyelids!  DS has one on his left eyelid.  He is 6 mo and it has absolutely faded.  It is still there but I think I'm the only person who sees it unless he is throwing a fit.  Also has one on the back of his head but it is hidden now by his hair.  

Here is baby Ezra.  Only a few hours old here.  

DSCN0492.JPG

#37 of 46 Old 03-06-2011, 09:47 PM
Banned

DD was born with stork bites. On one eye lid, sort of between the eye brows and in the neck. They've faded, and I don't think people actually notice them anymore unless they look for them, but they are still there. The one on the eye lid is actually gone, I just noticed. The one in the neck is really difficult to see even for us, as hair now grows out of that spot. Between the eyes it is more like some faded dots (so the bump on her forehead, and the bruise on her chin are a lot more noticable!

She just turned 3.

My midwife said they'd be gone within the first few months, the dr said within the first year. Oh well. It isn't like they bother her, and I'm not in the least worried anymore!
#38 of 46 Old 03-09-2011, 09:11 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks to everyone for sharing their pics and experiences!  At the very least, it's nice to know it's so common, and not like my Cady has some sort of "weird birthmark."  Lol.

All of our babies are gorgeous; just have to throw that out there.  :-)  Here's a recent pic of my Cady, processed but without me "taking out" her bites via airbrushing or similar. 

I wouldn't trade this face for anything!

cadyface.jpg

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

#39 of 46 Old 03-12-2011, 08:17 AM

See my bold below. My almost 5yo's are the most noticeable when she's worked up or crying--any time a person would be red-faced, so to speak. I truly forget how "marked" she was as an infant until I look back at her super-newborn pics.

ETA: I deleted the huge photo files. Slowing my computer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemenope View Post

DD was peppered with stork bites when she was born.  The worst was on her right eyelid.  It was very purple.  Then she had a streak of them very similar to your DD's that went down her nose and above her lip.  There was even some blemish right under her lip.  She also had one the size of a nickle on the side of her head, covered by hair, and the traditional nape of the neck one.

She was also born with a small red blemish right next to her right ear that over the course of about a month grew to the size of a gumball (compound hemangioma).  This was our main concern.  We were just really thankful that the other marks did not grow like that one.

At 2.5, you would have no idea.  I will always notice, but I don't think anyone else does.  The stork bites might flare when she gets upset, but I am madly in love with each and every one of them, and they are nothing anyone would question.  I love how her nose is always a little bit rosier than the rest of her face.  The hemangioma is almost always covered by her hair now and is much duller, and will be surgically removed when we are ready for that.

Lovin' my four-pack: M, S, a different M, and sleepytime.gif me.

#40 of 46 Old 03-12-2011, 08:29 AM

All those splotchy babies just look like babies to me, lol!  I don't think I've seen many babies without some red marks here and there.  To me, it's part of the squishy newness of a baby, and mark of how tiny they still are! 

My kids have all faded quite a bit, too.  I don't notice anyone's anymore...except the baby's.  She, actually, has way more than the others.  Her cord was wrapped tightly around her body twice, and where her cord was she has huge deep red/purple marks.  As she grows, it is taking up less of her, but as a newborn it covered probably 1/2 of her back.  I wonder if those will ever go away?

"If you keep doing the same things you've always done, you'll keep getting the same results you've always gotten."

#41 of 46 Old 03-12-2011, 08:55 AM

Wow marks from the cord, never heard of that one!

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#42 of 46 Old 11-05-2012, 12:20 PM

My daughter was born with stork bites.

She is a month old in this picture.

Here she is at 2.

you can still see them VERY LITTLE.

Here she is at 5.

She is 7 now and I can only see them when she has a fever or has been crying really hard.

I will admit my child has a little color and that might play into the fact that they are not visible but I dont really know.

Natalie

#43 of 46 Old 11-07-2012, 01:50 PM

Little Miss had stork bites on the back of her neck and on her back... she was born sunny-side up, I wonder if that has anything to do with it.  In any case, they were so perfectly placed on her spine, and were hidden by her hair, I was actually sad to see them go.  They're nearly undetectable now, she's 13 months.

lovestory.gif   And on 09/23/2011, we were three;  husband, daughter, and me!

#44 of 46 Old 11-07-2012, 02:13 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)

Old thread but my mil, in her 70s, has one on the back of her neck, still visible and so does my husband, almost 40, and all 6 of our children. 

#45 of 46 Old 11-07-2012, 04:48 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Both of mine had stork bites. The oldest had a triangle V shape on her forehead that faded. It's my favorite part of her baby photos for some reason now. Just very babyish or something. The younger one had a dark one on the back of her neck. She's 3 and it's still there but barely. I don't ever notice it because of where it is.
#46 of 46 Old 11-11-2012, 03:07 PM

My DD had stork bites on her eyelids and forehead. They've faded a lot but you can still see them.

Ryan 08-28-08  & Julianna 5-3-11

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page