Babies in TV and Movies... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 02-10-2011, 12:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I CANNOT watch babies on TV or in movies that are crying!

It kills me every time.

It takes me completely out the fantasy. All I can think is: "How can those poor baby's parents just sit there and watch their baby SCREAM like that!?!?"

I just watched an episode of Being Erica with a 4mo in it that was really crying, like serious crying, and curling up his little arms and legs. It almost had me it tears!

And I know that those scenes aren't all done in one take. It hurts my heart.

That's it. I just needed to share. It's amazing how so many things that I never really noticed or cared about before having kids are SO in my face now.

#2 of 4 Old 02-10-2011, 08:32 AM

I feel the same way!! I also really dislike seeing babies in "containers" on TV. Makes me so sad.

bedsharing, knitting, toddler-nursing, nerdy, babywearing mama!

familybed1.gif  knit.gif toddler.gif  geek.gif  momsling.GIF

#3 of 4 Old 02-10-2011, 03:47 PM - Thread Starter

I know. In that same episode, she was having a hard time carrying the baby and doing things and all I wanted was for someone to give her a gd sling! And I remember watching an episode of  sex in the city while pregnant where Miranda's baby was crying and she was all freaking out and trying to get him to stop but the whole time she left him sitting in his bouncy chair. I just wanted her to PICK HIM UP!

and again, all I could think about was that poor baby's parents sitting on the sidelines, watching their baby scream for the camera....ouch.

#4 of 4 Old 02-10-2011, 04:08 PM

I can't even imagine having to watch my baby being upset on the sidelines! So many people told me to get my baby into baby modeling and acting, and I swear, the fact that I wouldn't be able to hold her through her "work" was one of the biggest factors that had me saying NO!

bedsharing, knitting, toddler-nursing, nerdy, babywearing mama!

familybed1.gif  knit.gif toddler.gif  geek.gif  momsling.GIF

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page