How are our August 2010 babes? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 02-11-2011, 07:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I haven't been on here in forever. Not for lack of wanting to. How is everyone and their kiddies? What are they doing? Are you getting any sleep now that they're all teething?

Colleen (35) married to Brian (35) 11/06; DD Emilia 6/6/08; DS Breckin 8/2/10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 02-15-2011, 08:00 PM

She is doing great - teething; has one eye tooth popped through. Frustrated that she can't sit up by herself yet ... 

Momma is tired and in love.

#3 of 9 Old 02-15-2011, 08:32 PM

My little one's good, happy as a clam, army crawling, almost sitting up unassisted and starting to babble (dada, of course;).  Still anxiously awaiting teeth, though!  Very interested in table food, like grabbing right out of my hand.  I'm trying to hold off a little longer, but did let him mouth a banana and drink some water the other day...  How are all the other August babies?  

~Lindsay, mama to Gunnar (5)  and George (brand new!) 
#4 of 9 Old 02-15-2011, 08:44 PM

#5 of 9 Old 02-16-2011, 10:23 AM

My DS is doing well! Not very interested in moving around yet - I've hardly ever even seen him roll over! But he can sit unassisted very well and is getting VERY interested in food. We are holding off for a few more weeks but I have let him gnaw on a carrot stick and cucumber. (We're doing BLW.) But it is hard to hold off on solids because he gets frustrated when he can't have what we're eating!

No teething here yet - but my DH didn't get his first tooth until 14 months, so DS might be a late teether as well.

Our 4-month sleep regression never really reverted back to the good ole days (2 & 3 months - those were some good months for sleep!), but we are now dealing with everything better. I don't feel exhausted since we decided to co-sleep full-time.

Hope everyone is doing well!

First time mom to Max, born 8.23.2010!
#6 of 9 Old 03-03-2011, 07:03 PM

Hi y'all! Thought I would pop on today and see if anyone had updated on their babes. My 8/06 DD is doing great! She is finally sleeping all through the night and I wake up at 6 to pump and I get 9 oz!!! She wakes up an hour or so later and is usually satisfied by what she gets but I'm still training my body to make more in the am-drinking TONS of water and nursing a lot. We've only done that for four days now but I'm hoping to make it a habit. I stay at home with her but I want the extra milk just in case and for when I need to leave her at home for a feeding. I had some supply issues with #1 and barely made it to 12 mo. breastfeeding so I want to try to go further this time.

She is sitting up by herself, rolling, army crawling, and scooting but no real crawling yet. I do think she's close as she can get up on all fours and rocks a bit.

Have given her bits of avocado and banana and she LOVES it!! Also gave her some apple to suck on (no teeth yet) and she just went to town. It's so fun getting to see her experience this new thing! Not ready to give a lot of solids yet but I will start introducing a few here and there.

We're having some issues with big sis (age 26 mo) being a little rough or too "helpful" with her baby sister. Their relationship is improving but still rough at times.

All in all, I finally feel like I'm getting used to having two little ones!! Not ready for #3 yet but I can imagine being ready in a year or so. :)

Happily married to my sweet DH with two precious girls (12/08) and (8/10) and a crazy puppy dog. Expecting blessing #3 around 12/10.

#7 of 9 Old 03-03-2011, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colleen2851 View Post

I haven't been on here in forever. Not for lack of wanting to. How is everyone and their kiddies? What are they doing? Are you getting any sleep now that they're all teething?

OH MY GOSH!!! Your pic is adorable!!! I've been trying so hard to get a good one of mine. How on earth did you get that? Your older one must be a real sweetie! (baby too, I just say that bc my little one is getting terrified of her older sis) :(

Happily married to my sweet DH with two precious girls (12/08) and (8/10) and a crazy puppy dog. Expecting blessing #3 around 12/10.

#8 of 9 Old 03-04-2011, 10:10 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by smerkin View Post

OH MY GOSH!!! Your pic is adorable!!! I've been trying so hard to get a good one of mine. How on earth did you get that? Your older one must be a real sweetie! (baby too, I just say that bc my little one is getting terrified of her older sis) :(

Thank you! The original photo is grainy. So when you see it small and with an effect, it looks much better! I just keep snapping away. Sometimes it's easier to use my point-and-shoot rather than the DSLR. They're adorable together, though. They love each other. My daughter is very maternal with it, it's so cute!

Colleen (35) married to Brian (35) 11/06; DD Emilia 6/6/08; DS Breckin 8/2/10
#9 of 9 Old 03-07-2011, 07:38 AM

Zaphira is doing great. She's Doing so much more than her brother did! She's been crawling and pulling herself to stand for about a month. She likes to try to walk holdingyour hands once in a while. I can't keep her out of anything! She's full on into the separation anxiety stage. Just sitting her on the ground results in freakouts sometimes. She's said Dada, she has 2 teeth and the top ones giving her grief. She loves nothing more than her big brother, and it's the same for him. She's a total daddy's girl and falls asleep more on him than on the boob! We've given her a few tastes of food but she's not interested in too much, except sucking water up with a straw. I feel like such a Meanie limiting her!

I'm sad that I haven't lost weight as easily this time-I would like to lose about 25 lbs still. I need to buy a sports bra and get a little more serious about my workouts. I'm just choking at the thought of spending $50 or more on a sports bra. Any suggestions/recommendations for large cup sizes? I'm an I cup so I cant just get any old thing. I need some real support.
I rarely come here anymore-If anyone is on lj or fb and wants to add me, message me and I'll give yOu my info.

Argh I was trying to add a pic but it's not working from my phone.
One of me and kids-
http://i493.photobucket.com/albums/rr298/zanthias/DSC_0028-3.jpg
Comparison shot of kids
http://i493.photobucket.com/albums/rr298/zanthias/DSC_0022-1-1-1.jpg

Mama to a wild thing (10/08) and a new thing (8/5/10) and wife to the love of my
Typos+weird words=typing on my iPhone

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page