when/how to wean off of cosleeping? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

#31 of 33 Old 02-16-2011, 07:01 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I haven't read all the replies yet. I noticed around the 3/4 month mark DD was not sleep as good anymore in our bed. She went from STTN (5 hours) to up every 30-90 minutes. And everytime she was waking up wasn't to eat. So we started by putting her in the pack n play in our room then when she would wake for her first feeding after us going to bed she would stay in bed with us. That worked for about 2 weeks before she was up all the time again. So I started putting her back into her pack n play and she was sleeping so much better. Still waking up to eat. I would bring her to bed feed her and wake up to put her back into her pack n play. Now she is in her own room and crib. We are up a lot at night most nights because of her pacifier. And then one feeding.

DD is just one who likes her space. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 33 Old 02-16-2011, 07:50 AM

No advice, our kiddo's are the same age and co-sleepers. My guy has been a big comfort nurser, so likes to stay latched on while sleeping.

My first was like that! I loved him nursing all night long! My little guy now only does that now and then.. and I  LOVE those nights!! But he sleeps snuggled in my arms and likes to hold hands, even in his sleep, so I can't complain -its just kinda weird to have him just asleep for all those hours! I don't think he nursed till like 5 or six this am, from the night before.

Does your little one sleep in your arms? Mine all have, so they don't really wake up to nurse.. just fuss around to find it.. good luck, and remember we only get to cuddle them this small for such a short time, then they are like 11 and you treasure every moment you held them, and forget how tired you were! 

#33 of 33 Old 02-16-2011, 12:30 PM
tzs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mltjm View Post

tzs, I guess so. I'm sooo not ready mentally to take her out!!

ha ha! i'm just hoping that when i finally move my 16 m/o to a floor bed that i might finally be able to sneak in some cuddles!

Reluctant 'Sconie, chassid and mama to sweet toughie Ada Bluma 9/9/09 and loving pittie-mix ("Judge the deed, not the breed!")

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page