March 2010 Babies, Happy 1st Birthday! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
1  2
Life With a Baby > March 2010 Babies, Happy 1st Birthday!
cocoanib's Avatar cocoanib 04:08 PM 03-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenmommy View Post

Exciting news!  Eleanor is walking!  She just stood up and started walking yesterday afternoon.  Not little steps, fall down, get up and try again, either.  She pulled up on the coffee table, let go, and walked halfway across the room.  DH and I decided that she's been secretly practicing, since she looks like an old pro.  She's been walking around all day long, just as happy as can be.  I think that the rules have just changed!

Wow, so much for practicing!

Watch out, she'll be running by tomorrow!

Congrat's Elinor!

gardenmommy's Avatar gardenmommy 11:52 AM 03-16-2011

HUSH!!  I am SO not ready for this!  Where did my little bitty tiny snuggly baby go?  Watching them grow up is so bittersweet.  But, I'm thankful she is doing everything she ought to be doing, and that she is so healthy and happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoanib View Post

Wow, so much for practicing!

Watch out, she'll be running by tomorrow!

Congrat's Elinor!

zannster's Avatar zannster 12:32 PM 03-21-2011

Height and weight if you know it?

Ari will be a year on the 30th, and we haven't had any WB visits in several months, so I don't have anything official. She's roughly 20-21 pounds and ~27 inches.

What's babe eating/drinking?

Still nursing every 3-4 hours. As for solids, she'll try just about anything I eat, and she seems to like almost everything (eggs being the only exception). But she doesn't eat a lot of solid food yet - she just eats a few little bites here and there.

Sleeping?

Wakes to nurse maybe two nights a night, on average. But 5-6 hour stretches without are not unusual (thank you!). Naps are getting pushed later and later - I think she will start phasing to one nap per day soon.

What's babe doing these days?

She's walking! She took her first steps at 10 months, and now she's walking everywhere. This is so much sooner than her big brother walked. She's kind of small, and it's so cute to see such a little one waddling around (rather like a sumo wrestler gait).

How's Mama doing?

Ummm...struggling. Still not handling our move so well on some days (moved from Indiana to Seattle area last September). I had depression during pregnancy, and it's been hitting me hard lately, so I'm trying to decide what to do about it. I also spoke with a therapist who specializes in birth trauma, PPD and related issues...and she thinks I have a mild case of PTSD from the birth. I guess I figured as much.

Any birthday plans?

Nah, I think it will be small. Tradition in my family is to put the little one down on a sheet in a diaper and let him/her play with a small birthday cake. ;)

Arianna on the Kingston ferryAri at IKEA

lizsky's Avatar lizsky 09:04 PM 03-24-2011

I love hearing from everyone and seeing these pictures of our ONE year olds!

Height and weight if you know it? almost 19 lbs, 28.5 in. 

What's babe eating/drinking? A mix of nursing and food off my plate.  

Sleeping? After 10 months of waking every hour, Laura is finally sleeping SO much better.  Unless she is sick/teething she is up 1-2 times a night. 

What's babe doing these days? Started walking around 11 months and now is running!  No words yet, but lots of waving...especially to strangers in the grocery store!

How's Mama doing?  The months of horrible sleep were hard and very isolating...but I LOVE being a mom, and I am especially enjoying it now that I have a little more energy.

Any birthday plans?  We had a small just-family low-key gathering.  I made a cupcake for Laura, but she was not interested.  However, she loved her birthday watermelon slices!  

Everything else? Have been dreaming about #2 for a while...some days I'm so ready to be pregnant again, but I also feel like I'm only just beginning to recover from the sleep deprivation...however, I'm not getting any younger and hope for 3 or 4 total so we'll see!  

IMG_0037.JPG

LittleLegos's Avatar LittleLegos 09:34 AM 03-30-2011

Love seeing the updates!  And all the beautiful babes!  I too can't believe I have a one year old now.  Time does go quickly!

Height and weight if you know it?  Not sure...but getting taller, I can see it!  She's over 20lbs and wearing 12-18mos.

What's babe eating/drinking?  Still my nursey baby, but likes food too.  Signs "eat" "eat" when she's hungry.  She joins us for 1-2 "meals" a day.

Sleeping?  She sleeps.  ;)  Seems to still like a few days in the day, but they are short.

What's babe doing these days?  She's into everything and very curious.  Starting to take steps, but only with encouragement.  Cruises very quickly as well as fast crawling.  Says some words and likes to sign too.  Seems she is picking up signs even faster in the last two weeks.  It's neat to see that.

How's Mama doing?  Doing well.  I've had blebs on and off and I only have one breast (breast cancer 4 years ago), so that's been a bit hard, but we just nurse through it.  I was surprised to get my period back last month...but we'll see if it's consistent yet.

Any birthday plans?  My older kids have birthdays around now too.  We'll celebrate all of them together with family.  Yesterday was the big day for her though, we had banana muffins and sang to her.  My present for her was a fabric card holder wallet I made with laminated pics to put in and out.  I thought it was fitting because all she likes to do is take cards out of my wallet!  :)

Everything else?  So looking forward to the spring.  We've had a few warmer days and love being outside.  I haven't visited the boards much, but I'd like to check in more often. 

Here's my birthday girl:  A year in review.

A year in pics

Snapdragon's Avatar Snapdragon 08:24 PM 04-22-2011

Bump! thought I would bring this thread up again. how is everyone doing?

we are okay. Ds is great - I am just having a breastfeeding issue which saddens me:(  more on that in a minute- other than that we are good.

Ds is so sweet! HE is on a good schedule for naps and sleep. he is generally a happy guy, though not always. he is not walking yet but loves to crawl everywhere and climb up and onto everything!  he is very smart and loves to sing and make word sounds. He has about 10 words and is starting to repeat our word sounds often now which is adorable!

so, he loves solids- but I am not nursing him enough :(  today I thin kit was three times but they were short. And today was a medium day. I just get uncomfortable sometimes with various aspects and cut the sessions too short. anyway- so sometimes I give him organic whole cows milk- on those days where I sholud nurse him more but don't- and he always gets really full of phlegm from it! Anyway- I need to nurse him more but I am not doing well with that!

gardenmommy's Avatar gardenmommy 08:11 PM 04-23-2011

Eleanor is also starting to repeat sounds.  She is SO cute!! She loves to be outside, and she's figured out how to maneuver down the steps and get out if someone leaves the door open.  I think perhaps it's going to be an interesting summer trying to keep tabs on her.  She played outside with my older children tonight, got completely filthy, and ended up in the bathtub, which she also liked.   I love to hear her laugh, and I love her sweet hugs and kisses.  She toddles up to me and hugs my legs, multiple times a day.  I just LOVE that!  I hope that each of the other moms in this thread are enjoying their babies as much as we are enjoying DD!

MamaofLiam's Avatar MamaofLiam 08:22 PM 04-27-2011

Hi! I'm new here, so this is more of an introduction than an update. I wish I had known about the DDC while I was pregnant greensad.gif, but I'm here now! smile.gif I think this is great and I want to be a part of it. 

Liam was born at home on March 13th. In attendance was my DH, lovely midwife, accupuncturist, and another midwife asst. It was the most beautiful experience! He was 7lbs 10 oz and 20 inches long. 

Height and weight if you know it?

Not sure on his height and weight atm, but I think he's just over 30 inches and around 23lbs.

What's babe eating/drinking?

A lot of breastmilk and some food here and there. He's a very selective eater and only recently started taking a real interest in food. His fav's thus far: sausage and mushrooms! Kind of weird, but I'm glad he likes something, yk? He has always hated puree. He also really likes smoothies! He drinks mostly out of our cups, but he also uses a sippy cup - he just prefers ours. He still breastfeeds a lot! 

Sleeping?

Sleep has been much better lately. We coslept with him in our bed the entire first year. After his first birthday we started doing the sidecar crib thing which has been working out really well. He's an active little sleeper and in a queen bed it just got too cramped and crowded. Now with the sidecar crib, I just pull him up to nurse (which is now 2-3 times a night) and put him back down when he's done. Sometimes I forget so he sleeps with us then. The only time our nights are bad are when he's teething or sick, and then he's nursing on me all night and I get noo sleep. We just got through one of those bouts, so here's to hoping this good patch lasts a bit longer.

What's babe doing these days?

Well... Liam LOVES to dance! I mean really loves it. He has always liked music, but we soon discovered he liked to dance after he started walking at around 9 months. He dances to anything, it's so cute and makes my heart melt. He does it all the time now. He spins, bounces up and down, throws his arms up & down, sticks his bootie out and pretty much just goes with the groove. He also loves to walk our dog Chiquita, and she's a pretty good sport with him. He's a pretty happy go-lucky little guy, with a great sense of humor. I feel so happy to have him in our life, and I just love watching him grow and develop. He's got 7 teeth now, and got the last 4 all at once around his first birthday (poor little guy) - that was really tough. Weirdly enough he also really likes the fire hydrant right outside our apartment building. When he gets up to it, he yells really loud - almost as though he is proudly exclaiming what he's found. Oh, and lately we've been doing a lot of wildlife spotting from our apartment deck/windows b/c he just started noticing the birds and bunnies that are sometimes out there. That's been a lot of fun!

How's Mama doing?

Much better! While I was pregnant I gained over 50 lbs and had horrible horrible acne - I really feel like I lost myself. Before I was pregnant I was pretty active and while pregnant I was completely inactive. Now that I'm active again and lost the weight I am feeling soooo much better! Starting in January I started to workout again and it has made such a difference for me both mentally and physically. I am fortunate that DH pitches in and watches the little guy when I workout. I feel like myself again, and that feels so good. On the other hand, I do have very tired days - esp when we've had bad nights. But overall I am doing really good now.

Any birthday plans?

We had a family birthday party with a jungle theme. We had a family friend who plays the African drums come and play and brought enough musical instruments for everyone to play. So it was a musical birthday. It was a blast!

Here's some pics of my little guy lately:

IMG_0491.jpg

Liam's 1st (50).JPG

1  2

Up