Sophie Giraffe ? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 03-11-2011, 12:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So - who has one? what do you think of them? i ordered one for my Dd2 today :)

"Damn it man, I'm a doctor, not a physicist!" -Bones McCoy. Ds1 6 bouncy.gif Dd1 4 energy.gifDd2 5 months baby.gif
#2 of 14 Old 03-11-2011, 12:34 AM

We have one and we like it.  It's not a favorite toy yet, but my LO chews on it when she see's it.  When we first bought it for her, she really didn't enjoy it (the smell or taste maybe)...but not she seems to enjoy it a whole lot more. 

When we first got our sophie, she really had a bad rubber smell and taste to her.  Eventually it wore off (thank goodness!). 

Cloth diapering, Babywearing, Breastfeeding first time mama! Our bundle of joy was born June 15, 2010
#3 of 14 Old 03-11-2011, 01:02 AM

I'm in the UK.  EVERYONE has one here.  It's the trendy baby thing of the moment.  We don't have one :lol

But DD does enjoy chewing her friend's one.  As my friend warns, "it's squeaky, but not clean!".

#4 of 14 Old 03-11-2011, 01:43 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Of course we had to get one, but honestly Max has never been into it. I still give it to him from time to time but he just doesn't find it appealing. Then again, he has never liked any of the traditional teething toys or rattles or grab-toys meant for young babies. shrug.gif

Mama since 2010
Multicultural living in Europe
#5 of 14 Old 03-11-2011, 09:13 AM

Sophie is an "eh" toy around here (DS is 8mo and we've had sophie since he was born). When he's teething, he likes gnawing on her legs, but otherwise is not too interested. Still it's a cute toy, and it's nice to have something to squeek to get his attention

#6 of 14 Old 03-11-2011, 09:46 AM

Well we had to get one because that's our daughter's name. hehe. She's only 4 months and really likes it. She finds every piece she can to chew on. This pic is called Sophie meets Sophie, post nom nom noming.

sophie2.jpg

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

#7 of 14 Old 03-11-2011, 09:52 AM

My friend brought one back from France (she's part French). Eh-toy is what it ended up being, although I admit that I coveted one before DS received his.

DS, 10/07. Allergies: peanut, egg, wheat. We've added dairy back in. And taken it back out again. It causes sandpaper skin with itchy patches and thrashing during sleep. Due w/ #2 late April, 2012.

#8 of 14 Old 03-11-2011, 10:08 AM

We LOVE Sophie. It's by far DD's favorite teething toy thing. She'll toss every other toy in favor of Sophie when she appears. At first she just sucked/chewed on her nose, but now she's learned to turn her to get the little horns/ears onto her sore front gums. And a few times she's flipped her over and stuck a leg way back in her mouth. It's our go-to distract the baby item!

sleepytime.gifC.- WOHM, CPST Instructor, and all around busy Mama to  blowkiss.gifA.- 02/04, bouncy.gif I. 01/07,babyf.gifE. 09/10 and

stork-suprise.gif expecting the surprise of our lives Fall 2012!

#9 of 14 Old 03-11-2011, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacKinnon View Post

We LOVE Sophie. It's by far DD's favorite teething toy thing. She'll toss every other toy in favor of Sophie when she appears. At first she just sucked/chewed on her nose, but now she's learned to turn her to get the little horns/ears onto her sore front gums. And a few times she's flipped her over and stuck a leg way back in her mouth. It's our go-to distract the baby item!

Same for us! DD loves her Sophie. When she goes for walks with my husband in her stroller, she spends the majority of the ride turning Sophie round and round and nibbling on all the little nubbly bits.

Working mama to a wonderful baby girl. Married to a really sweet guy. Just trying to do my best.

#10 of 14 Old 03-11-2011, 10:40 AM

My ODD is 20 months and still plays with Sophie. I've got a little newborn now, so I look forward to getting another round out of Sophie if she's still around! If not, I will totally buy another!

Mama to 2 little darling squooshy faces
#11 of 14 Old 03-11-2011, 11:08 AM

We got Sophie when Cecilia was 3 months old. She was scared of her at first, because of the surprise squeak, but soon grew to love her:

3 Months Old

Nowadays she loves to hold conversations with Sophie (and chew on her nose). No pics of that yet, sadly.

bedsharing, knitting, toddler-nursing, nerdy, babywearing mama!

familybed1.gif  knit.gif toddler.gif  geek.gif  momsling.GIF

#12 of 14 Old 03-11-2011, 11:14 AM

My daughter loved it when she was in the chewing everything she can chew on phase. Now, Sophie only gets the attention that other toys get, because she's moved on to bigger things :-).

CDing, BFing, co-sleeping, combination of BWing and stroller-using mama to DD, 05/2010. Pursuing a back to nature lifestyle.
#13 of 14 Old 03-11-2011, 11:48 AM

My DD is almost 3 months old. She's had Sophie since birth, still isn't too interested but I'm anticipating that'll change when she's teething. I've been advised to attach a pacifier string around Sophie's neck when out and about because it is a costly toy to replace!!

Wendy (26), married to my sweetheart since 2007. Mommy to Caroline, born Boxing Day 2010 by beautiful home water birth h20homebirth.gif  intactlact.gif

#14 of 14 Old 03-11-2011, 12:49 PM

We were given one before ds was born, and he's loved it since he was able to hold it.  I think he got the most use out of his Sophie when he was 2-5 months; now, at 10 months, he seems dissatisfied with the resistance she offers to his emerging teeth, preferring a wooden spoon or a large wooden spool.  However, Sophie will do if nothing else is available.

Tags
Sophie The Giraffe Natural Teether

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page