Looking for a jogging stroller - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 03-14-2011, 09:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Does anyone have any recommendations? The lock-able swivel wheel seems to be the way to go, and I'm thinking 16 inch rear wheels for stability, but I'd love to hear any input you have and brand recommendations. Thanks!!!

Metis, partner to a peaceful soul, mothering DD born July '11

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 03-14-2011, 09:45 PM

I love our 'City Elite' Jogger. Really comfortable for me and for babe and folds extremely easily if you need to put it in your car or store in house.

#3 of 9 Old 03-14-2011, 10:07 PM

I have a Schwinn jogging stroller (this one: http://www.amazon.com/Schwinn-Free-Wheeler-Jogging-Stroller/dp/B0021H7BZW) and I really like it. The front wheel locks and unlocks and the top cover swings down to shade my son if the sun is in his eyes, and I like the undercarriage storage. There is a woman in my Stroller Strides group who has this Giant brand jog stroller: http://wheelworld.com/product/giant-prerunner-lx-jog-stroller-44845-1.htm and I really love the handles on hers too.

#4 of 9 Old 03-14-2011, 10:16 PM

I second the Baby Jogger City series strollers. We have a City Mini double and love it. The handling is so easy and smooth and it folds up with no effort. They do have some actual joggers in the series.

#5 of 9 Old 03-14-2011, 10:31 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Hi there-

I got the jogger from target ($100) when I was pregnant with DD1.  I ran quite a bit after she was born and through my pregnancy with DD2 and it held up just great.  I bought the BOB double before DD2 was born and it is GREAT.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE it and think it is worth the cost, especially since it has good resale value. 

I think it depends on your plan for your family.  If I was spacing my kids out over 3 years or more, I would invest in the BOB single, but if I was planning super close spacing, I would get something less expensive and invest in the double when the time comes.

SAHM to Chloe«- 6/2008 (10 lbs, 5 oz), Hannah- 9/2010 (9 lbs, 12 oz), Liam- 2/2013 (9 lbs, 6 oz)

#6 of 9 Old 03-15-2011, 03:12 PM

We got the $100 baby trend jogging stroller from target and we love it! We got a cheap one for now because we are TTC and figured we would buy a nice double jogging stroller when the time comes.

#7 of 9 Old 03-15-2011, 03:49 PM

We have a BOB Revolution, which is the one with the lock-out or swivel wheel.  I lock it out to run, but it's less than ideal.  First, the lock-out is adjustable so if you don't have it set just right (and the tire pressure on the two rear tires exactly the same) it pulls to one side or the other.  Second, it doesn't seem to have as much reflective stuff on it as most joggers.  Ideally I would have liked to get the BOB Ironman, which is a proper running stroller, but we don't have the storage for two strollers so we needed the option to swivel the wheel for non-running uses.  That said, I'd give two shopping tips.  First, don't get little wheels.  The bigger the wheels the better, and some strollers like the City Mini call themselves joggers but they really mean three-wheels and not really for jogging.  Second, don't sweat the weight.  I kept looking at the 20+ lb weight on the BOB thinking it would suck, but that weight gives it momentum that makes it smoother for running and makes it so you can push the stroller in a push-run-push-run instead of constantly holding it.  It's way better that way.  I'm glad I got a heavier one.

(FWIW, I'm a 20-30 mpw runner, running up to half marathon distance.)

#8 of 9 Old 03-15-2011, 06:08 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks everyone! This helps. I just have to decide whether to go for a lock-out/swivel wheel or a stationary wheel. I'm leaning toward a stationary wheel since I think we'll use it for jogging about 99% of the time. 

Metis, partner to a peaceful soul, mothering DD born July '11

#9 of 9 Old 03-15-2011, 06:27 PM

I have the BOB Sport Utility Stroller and love it.  I only use it for jogging and it is such a wonderful jogging stroller.  

I had a cheap ($100) jogging stroller from Babiesrus when dc1 was born, and looking back, that thing was a piece of junk.  Not for real running at all.  I am so glad I upgraded when dc2 was born.

The BOB is great.  I have ZERO complaints with it.  Totally worth the money.  So easy to push while running.  Super easy to fold.  

mama tocoolshine.gif  andbikenew.gif3rdtri.gifdue in November

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page