How often do you bathe your baby? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-23-2011, 09:18 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

DD is 4 months...she's had a handful of baths in her life.  Honestly for the most part I just forget to do it, mainly because she really doesn't need it much.  Her bum is kept clean with diaper changing and I wash her neck off when it gets too drool soaked and her face as needed.  It's usually an 'emergency' bath after a gigantic poop and diaper failure, winky.gif  I find she smells so lovely in her natural state and we live in a very arid climate, so it keeps her skin softer not to wash her too much.  Toddlers need more baths than babies do since they actually get dirty!

Laura mummy to my two sweet little girls (April 08) and (Nov 10)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2011, 11:22 AM

DD is only 3 weeks but she gets a bath every few days to clear out neck and leg roll cheese.  And because she really really really likes it - it gets rid of the evening fussies like nothing else!

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11
DCP to 1 busy munchkin! and a CRST too!

Old 03-23-2011, 12:03 PM

Once a week. We're thinking of increasing it to twice a week, now that she's fast approaching a year. It used to be 3x a week in summer, when she was born. It was very hot here last summer. This summer, she may get it everyday. But we don't use soap on her that often. Only a natural mix of bath powders.

CDing, BFing, co-sleeping, combination of BWing and stroller-using mama to DD, 05/2010. Pursuing a back to nature lifestyle.
Old 03-23-2011, 12:24 PM

From birth to a year, he had less than one a month. And even then they were showers in the water sling.

He had an infection in his foreskin a month or so ago, and the ped rx epsom salt baths 3x/day.

We started swimming lessons at a year, so he was getting a shower before and after twice a week. Now he loves swimming, whether its the pool or the tub. I try to get us to the pool once a week, and he gets a bath maybe twice a week.

But at 18 mos, we've never used soap on him.

Cristeen ~ Always remembering our stillheart.gif  warrior ~ Our rainbow1284.gif  is 3, how'd that happen?!?! 

We welcomed another rainbow1284.gifstillheart.gif  warrior in May 2012!! 

2012 Decluttering challenge - 575/2012

Old 03-23-2011, 12:45 PM

E (7mos) gets sweaty really easily and her hair gets greasy... and being in the water is her number one favorite activity, so she gets a bath every night.

A (21mos, who we have most days) doesn't really sweat, and tends toward dry skin and hair, so she gets a bath maybe once or twice a week, generally not more. She also gets oil after the bath whereas E doesn't get soap or oils at all. Oh, wait, except she does get an oil wash for her hair once a week or so.

K, H, and baby E (who is now three!!!)
Old 03-25-2011, 08:43 AM

6 months old.

Baths or showers every day - part of bedtime routine.

dinner, bath then bed

Mama to Luka - 22 February 2005, Tiisetso - 18 September 2010 & 3 angel bubbles
Old 03-27-2011, 12:55 PM

DD#2 will be 10 months next week and she gets 2 baths per week, mostly because that is when DD#1 bathes and she insists her little sister joins her. In truth, DD#2 loves it. It is winter here and when it gets hotter both of them will get more baths. As for messes with solids, I wipe down her face, hair and hands every night after dinner with a warm wash cloth. That seems to keep her pretty clean between baths.

Mama to my beautiful Ana Carolina (2/07), Isabel Cristina (6/10), and #3 on the way in August 2013!

User Tag List