The hardest thing about parenting a baby is . . . . - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-29-2011, 08:05 AM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by heybabyquepaso View Post

yeahthat.gif. And the second-guessing that the poster right before you mentioned. I don't even think the "enough" part is from my husband. Whenever I talk to him about it, it's not like he feels like I'm this lazy bum or anything. But I feel like I have to be super-mom and do all of these things. It gets tough.

Totally, my husband seems impressed that i can find time to shower and eat lunch during the day, so there's no pressure from him.  We're doing all we can!

Living and loving in ATX with DH (of 7 years) and DS (3.5)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2011, 10:18 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

...feeling really tired, worried, stressed out, and guilty ALL THE TIME!

Having absolutely no time...to be alone (ever), to read/do yoga/talk on the phone/all the things I used to love doing. :(

Realizing that I am yelling at my beautiful baby, the same way that my father yelled at me & my brothers & my mother (& he still yells at my mother), which is #1 on my list of things I never, ever thought I'd do. :( x 1,000

Not living near family or close friends, so everything falls on DH & me, and we're both really...depleted.

(Thanks for this thread...it's always reassuring to hear that other parents feel the same way & I'm not the worst mother ever!)

Old 03-30-2011, 12:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

.. today I have to add another one:

Never getting to finish anything .... My work is half-done, dishes  - half done, laundry- half-done - maybe I'll start playing a card game with DD then baby wakes up from nap or gets too fussy.

Ugh.

oh and nm7300 - everyone loses it now and then. Don't be too hard on yourself. Take a deeeeep breath. Love yourself.

Me (40) DH (49) daring DD (9) and darling DS - almost THREE! (born June 25, 2010 in an amazing, unplanned homebirth.jpg

User Tag List