Mothering Forum banner
3K views 67 replies 18 participants last post by  ~adorkable~ 
#1 ·
How is everyone doing? I can't believe how big our babies are all getting and how fast this is going by! I personally can't wait for the nicer weather of spring and park days and just being outside more.

#2 ·
We started EC here (we = me and the baby!) I started really trying last night and it's gone really well thus far.

DS1 is adjusting well. He LOVES his brother! He loves to give him nice touches and kisses and runs to try to pick him up when he cries. It's so sweet!

DS2 sleeps through the night already. I know, lucky. I think it's God's way of giving me a break after DS1...who never slept (like, would sleep an hour at a time on average...a good night was 2 hours)

Not related to the new baby: We're starting to suspect that DS1 has sensory issues so I need to get an eval done...

#3 ·
Yay! A thread for us! We are doing well here. Abbott is getting bigger every day. He sleeps pretty good at night, up maybe every 4-5 hours on average. Occasionally more, but thats ok. He hates to nap though, unless he is being held. But I guess he wants the cuddles to make up for sleeping longer at night, lol. He sleeps in his swing. I tried to sleep with him, but he seems uncomfortable or something? I think we both bother each other. I still bring him in bed with me at about 6 or 7am though, for some cuddly milky time. He has started dozing next to me!! I love it.

I think he is teething already, he drools like CRAZY! His shirts are always soaked. I don't remember my others doing this so early.

Speaking of my others, they are driving me up the wall lately. I don't know why. I feel like I have major pms. Hopefully I am not about to get PPAF already, it was 7-8 months last time. And he nurses less than every 2 hours during the day. I wonder if his couple of long sleeps have started it up earlier!!! He slept 7 hours straight the night of my birthday, which was last Saturday. Maybe its just turing 30 thats got me all worked up.

I love hearing about all the other january babies!

#4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPsSweetie View Post

Yay! A thread for us! We are doing well here. Abbott is getting bigger every day. He sleeps pretty good at night, up maybe every 4-5 hours on average. Occasionally more, but thats ok. He hates to nap though, unless he is being held. But I guess he wants the cuddles to make up for sleeping longer at night, lol. He sleeps in his swing. I tried to sleep with him, but he seems uncomfortable or something? I think we both bother each other. I still bring him in bed with me at about 6 or 7am though, for some cuddly milky time. He has started dozing next to me!! I love it.
OMG this is SO Jonathan!

I've also had some, uh, worrying symptoms...like, extreme food cravings (I actually changed dinner one night because I just had to have garlic cream sauce), virtego, random exhaustion...I'm hoping it's just breastfeeding related. I cannot get pregnant again. I'm not ready.

#5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFWife View Post

I've also had some, uh, worrying symptoms...like, extreme food cravings (I actually changed dinner one night because I just had to have garlic cream sauce), virtego, random exhaustion...I'm hoping it's just breastfeeding related. I cannot get pregnant again. I'm not ready.
Cookies and chocolate for me. Surprisingly at 12 weeks out I am back to my pre pregnancy weight and still losing.

#6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerchic21 View Post

Cookies and chocolate for me. Surprisingly at 12 weeks out I am back to my pre pregnancy weight and still losing.
I'm still about 15lbs up...but I've lost 15 so it's all good. I don't do ANYTHING as far as exercise goes and I eat like a large horse.

#7 ·
Quote:

I'm still about 15lbs up...but I've lost 15 so it's all good. I don't do ANYTHING as far as exercise goes and I eat like a large horse.
That is why I am so surprised I lost it all! I eat ALL THE TIME! I did only gain about 30 pounds this time which is the least out of all three pregnancies and I went home only needing to lose 10 I think.

I just started walking with a friend once a week. So far each time I am sweating when I am done. Which seems pathetic with walking but we walk pretty fast.

#8 ·
Quote:

I just started walking with a friend once a week. So far each time I am sweating when I am done. Which seems pathetic with walking but we walk pretty fast.
Actually, I learned in high school that power walking can burn more calories than jogging...don't ask me the specifics, I just remember that point.

#9 ·
Quote:

Actually, I learned in high school that power walking can burn more calories than jogging...don't ask me the specifics, I just remember that point.
I have heard the same thing. When I was trying to lose weight for my brother's wedding in 2009 I started jogging. However, my jog is very very slow. Maybe that is how I lost weight. ;)

#10 ·
So we found out Hannah has grade 4 reflux in both kidneys. :( My oldest also had this problem along with a blockage in her left ureter so as a precaution our pediatrician sent us in for an ultrasound and then a VCUG when it showed a high chance she had reflux. The VCUG gave us the definite diagnosis. We went to see her urologist yesterday and she is starting Hannah on a low dose of oral preventative antibiotics that she will get every day. My oldest ended up having surgery to correct the blockage in her ureter to fix the back flow and she eventually grew out of the reflux. I am hoping Hannah does the same. Now we will just have ultrasounds every 6 months and a repeat VCUG at a year. Her doctor said we just need to monitor the reflux and some kids do grow out of it but if she doesn't she recommends surgery at the age of 4 or 5. It is a quick surgery and very successful. I am hoping it doesn't happen. I am thankful thought that we have been through this before and know what to expect at least.

In baby milestone news Hannah has laughed and almost rolled over today. :)

#11 ·
Quote:

Cookies and chocolate here too! I am pre-pregnancy weight and Jeana is 10.5 weeks... but I'm a runner and EBF so that's expected. We have started EC this week and can't believe how smoothly it's going! I'm using less diapers for her than for my 2.5 year old... but that's another story. And as a runner (which I do for fun and not for weight loss) I can tell ya'll you are correct that intense power walking burns way more calories than moderate jogging!

In milestone news, Jeana is cooing and making all vowel sounds plus the "c" sound and "g" sound. She now squeals and laughs out loud. I wish she would stop growing up so fast.... I swear things went much slower with DS!

#12 ·
Hi ladies,

My guy just turned 3 months on Monday. I was hoping he'd be sleeping a little bit better by now. Some nights he's great and I only have to get up twice with him. Other nights I'm up four times. Is it normal for his night sleeping to be so inconsistent? I think I'd feel better about the nights I'm up 4 times, if they weren't preceded by a night during which I only had to get up twice! The longest sleep stretch he's done is 5 hours. He's done that a few times, but more often he's in the 3 - 4 hour range. Every now and then a random 2 hour stretch. Since this is my first baby, I'm not sure if this is normal. When he was really little (I can't believe I'm saying that already) he was up every 1 - 2 hours, so it is certainly MUCH improved!

#13 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm not a mom, I'm actually a nanny for a baby that was 3mo and I'm wondering if anyone has some fun ideas for what I can do with him this summer. I know it's such a young age, what do infants enjoy at this stage? Thanks :)

#14 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by amberbirthdoula View Post

Hi everyone,

I'm not a mom, I'm actually a nanny for a baby that was 3mo and I'm wondering if anyone has some fun ideas for what I can do with him this summer. I know it's such a young age, what do infants enjoy at this stage? Thanks :)
What's the weather going to be like? My both my boys enjoyed just being out and about. They both love being worn (I didn't ever try a stroller so I have no idea) So, walks in the park if it's not too hot or walks around the mall if you need A/C.

#15 ·
Quote:

What's the weather going to be like? My both my boys enjoyed just being out and about. They both love being worn (I didn't ever try a stroller so I have no idea) So, walks in the park if it's not too hot or walks around the mall if you need A/C.
It'll be summer in Michigan so hopefully nice but not too hot. I would like to learn how to use babywearing wraps and such that would be fun. Thanks!

#16 ·
My lo is 16 Sis now & has started squealing,grabbing & chewing his teething toys & drooling now. I think he could be teething already? He is definitely a lot less clinch now so thankfully I can sit him in his swing & get a quick shower or in his bouncy seat & make a quick lunch. I still need someone (my daughter ) to keep him happy while I do dinner. We're slowly figuring out how to manage my high maintenance baby!
redface.gif
Oh & he has started laughing when I nuzzle his neck like I'm going to gobble him, blow/kiss his belly or make strange noises @ him which is so wonderful! He loooooves it when I sing to him too
joy.gif
I am so grateful that warm weather is coming now!

#17 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by jneff143 View Post

My lo is 16 Sis now & has started squealing,grabbing & chewing his teething toys & drooling now. I think he could be teething already? He is definitely a lot less clinch now so thankfully I can sit him in his swing & get a quick shower or in his bouncy seat & make a quick lunch. I still need someone (my daughter ) to keep him happy while I do dinner. We're slowly figuring out how to manage my high maintenance baby!
redface.gif
Oh & he has started laughing when I nuzzle his neck like I'm going to gobble him, blow/kiss his belly or make strange noises @ him which is so wonderful! He loooooves it when I sing to him too
joy.gif
I am so grateful that warm weather is coming now!
The drooling is a stage. It's not necessarily teeth. My first started at this age too and didn't get his first teeth until almost a year! It has to do with putting everything in his mouth...anything you put in there your mouth treats as food and makes more saliva.

#20 ·
well my twins hit 4 months this past week, im actually pretty sad how fast they are growing, i am with them 24/7 and still feel like i'm missing everything, i know that sounds strange

nursing is still the hardest thing, really the only hard thing. it has taken its toll on my emotionally like i could never have prepared myself for. i just keep telling myself that no matter the details i still have two amazing babies exclusively feed on my boobie juice and that makes me happy, the fact that they are 11.5 and 13.5 pounds after being 5 & 5.5lb preemies makes me proud

they are great sleepers, though something i think i just have blissfully low expectations, my new trick is teaching them to sleep in, its been working and we lull around in bed till 10 or later with them still swaddled and me nursing one then the other then snoozing over and over

my little girl the smaller one rolled over 2 weeks ago, that was a blast to watch her learn, her bigger younger brother is still much more wobbily than her and not as focused on moving and she seems

our favorite activities have been our frequent walks, DH loves to walk and have gotten me into it now thankfully, ds falls asleep most of the time, but dd just stares at EVERYTHING and is fascinated by the word drifting past the stroller. we are a 30min walk from a restaurant area of town so have started walking to diner a few nights a week with a nice pit stop at a local bookstore for diapers and nursing, the time out of the house is wonderful and the walks feel good on my body.

i was back to my pre preggo weight on day 6 and am now 15lbs below that, this is al vry good news as i was at a all time heavy when i got my bfp and it did not feel good, i eat like a horse now but between the walking and nursing two babies, my body is clearly getting a hell of a workout!

h and the other great activity..... swim class!! it is soooooo fun! 30 mins each Saturday we have a mommy/daddy and me swim class that is so much fun, we have been doing it for almost a month and they seem to like it nearly as much as we do

#21 ·
Our DDC is closing, if anyone wants anything updated in the roster before it gets archived, please go there and post what you need, i will do one big last update tomorrow. we will always beable to see it in the archives and it will end up a time capsule of sorts

#22 ·
I've read that the drooling actually has a lot to do with when the salivary glands mature... I've noticed my baby never drooled until about three weeks ago, then suddenly she started doing it, but only sometimes (moreso in the evenings for no reason I can think of) and not a ton, thank goodness.

Quote:

The drooling is a stage. It's not necessarily teeth. My first started at this age too and didn't get his first teeth until almost a year! It has to do with putting everything in his mouth...anything you put in there your mouth treats as food and makes more saliva.

#23 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Adorkable~ View Post

nursing is still the hardest thing, really the only hard thing. it has taken its toll on my emotionally like i could never have prepared myself for. i just keep telling myself that no matter the details i still have two amazing babies exclusively feed on my boobie juice and that makes me happy, the fact that they are 11.5 and 13.5 pounds after being 5 & 5.5lb preemies makes me proud
WOW! My full term baby is 13.5 pounds and she is EBF! Good job boobie juice!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.