9 mo old not crawling - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 04-03-2011, 09:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey there,

My 9 month old boy takes his time in general with many things, including milestones.  He's not crawling yet.. and occasionally will get his knees up  under him and get on all fours... but isn't crawling yet.  anyone else with a late crawler?

thanks

#2 of 7 Old 04-03-2011, 10:46 PM

I just took a look at the WHO's motor milestones chart, and the range for hands-and-knees crawling is 5-13.5 months. He's still fine!! As well, there are some babies who just skip crawling altogether and go straight to pulling up and walking. I wouldn't worry, mama!

bedsharing, knitting, toddler-nursing, nerdy, babywearing mama!

familybed1.gif  knit.gif toddler.gif  geek.gif  momsling.GIF

#3 of 7 Old 04-04-2011, 06:31 AM

DD never crawled, she went right to walking.

Jcregan, Mom to DD 4yo. DS born 3/10/2011.winner.jpg  waterbirth.jpg   and trying cd.gif  for the first time.
#4 of 7 Old 04-04-2011, 07:40 AM - Thread Starter

good to hear, I know that there is a wide range, but when all of his friends of the same age are crawling and walking already, you start to get a little anxious.  He's also not pulling up to stand, and one other weird thing is that he doesn't put ANYTHING in his mouth, not food or toys...  Again, I'm not too worried, but it is a little strange.  He has a mellow personality, so maybe that's all it is.

thanks again for the support!

#5 of 7 Old 04-04-2011, 08:15 AM

I totally know how you feel, by the way, and it's easy for me to say that you shouldn't be worried, but the truth is, I worry myself. Cecilia is one in 2 days, and she is not walking. I know that she's still in the range, but it's hard when so many other babies are taking steps or full-time walking by now. I try hard to take my own advice on it!

bedsharing, knitting, toddler-nursing, nerdy, babywearing mama!

familybed1.gif  knit.gif toddler.gif  geek.gif  momsling.GIF

#6 of 7 Old 04-04-2011, 01:07 PM

Hi ! Leo is going to be 9 months next week and is still not crawling...he does not like being put on his tummy at all! He is showing signs of crawling like getting up on knees a lot but I just don't think he necessarily wants to crawl, but is trying to walk. I am not worried about it but I am sick of people asking! 

Doula mom to Leo [7.11.10] and fiance to Jakefamilybed1.gif

#7 of 7 Old 04-04-2011, 01:45 PM

(i came here from the "New Posts" page)
I can't remember when my dd started crawling - I think it was around 9 months - but I do remember telling a friend, who's a doctor (who also worked as a "baby check-up" (like Well baby visits) doc) at the time and she said, "oh that's well on time, we only want kids to definitely be able to crawl by 12 months"

And when my dd started walking at 14 months the people in the baby-checkup place seemed to think that was great too and definitely not late!

So don't worry smile.gif

(I have to say, i was the first of my group of friends to have a baby so i happily couldn't/can't compare my dd's development to anyone else IRL lol.gif )

I am sometimes so surprised by how early a lot of the babies here on MDC seem to be meeting milestones! But there is a huge range of "appropriate" ages for them.

Oh yeah: my dd also never put anything in her mouth... as in, ever (she was also very uninterested in solids for a long time). And now when I see my friends' babies I am so surprised by how they put things in their mouths like all the time!

Mommy to DD bouncy.gif born August 2008 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page