A question for mamas of older babies (7mo+) - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 04-05-2011, 12:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

How many times per day does your LO poo?

I ask about older babies because I want to know about those who have been eating solids for a little while already.

DS is 10 months and we've been doing BLW for 4 months now. He eats nearly everything we eat, and drinks plenty of water and still nurses quite a lot as well.

He poops 4-5 times / day usually. I think that's in the range of normal, but man oh man it seems pretty frequent when you're the one changing those dipes! The poos are not very much in volume usually (well maybe one per day is), just frequent.

I am not worried but just curious what other babes are up to in the poo frequency department.

Don'tcha just love talking baby poo?! inthet.gif

Mama since 2010
Multicultural living in Europe
#2 of 9 Old 04-05-2011, 01:15 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

That sounds pretty normal. Cecilia flutuates, depending on how much, if any, solids she actually ate, and how much of what she ate was fruit. But generally she goes 3 or so times a day, sometimes more, sometimes less.

bedsharing, knitting, toddler-nursing, nerdy, babywearing mama!

familybed1.gif  knit.gif toddler.gif  geek.gif  momsling.GIF

#3 of 9 Old 04-05-2011, 01:29 PM

Yeah, we're right around there, too (at 8 months, with some solids--enough to make the diaper smell like moldy popcorn--but not a ton). Ellison never slowed down, after the initial newborn period.

ProtoLawyer (the now-actual lawyer, this isn't legal advice,  please don't take legal advice from some anonymous yahoo on the Internet)
Spouse (the political geek) * Stepdaughter (the artist) * and introducing...the Baby (um, he's a baby? He likes shiny things).
#4 of 9 Old 04-05-2011, 01:48 PM

Norah (10 months) has been a twice a day pooper since she really started ingesting solids (we are doing BLW, too.) But just in the past week or so its been more like 4-5 times a day. I'm curious about the change and kind-of wish she would go back to her old pattern which was totally predictable. I am wondering if it is because she has stepped up her solid intake. 

M :, wife to P :, Proud new mama to N
#5 of 9 Old 04-05-2011, 02:30 PM

LO is 8 months, one "meal" of solids per day, BLW style, and he poops once a day.  But he was one of the EBF babes that went four+ days in between BM's.

Heathyr hang.gifBlessed Catholic Wife to DHwheelchair.gif Devoted Mama to DS1 biglaugh.gif(3/17/08) and DS2blowkiss.gif (8/5/2010)familybed1.gifcd.giflactivist.gifribboncesarean.gifx2 
#6 of 9 Old 04-05-2011, 06:00 PM
MJB

My 8.5 mo. old probably poops 4-6 times a day.

#7 of 9 Old 04-05-2011, 08:00 PM

macy is 9 months and poops 1-4 times per day. usually twice. depends on foods, esp blueberries or beets! she eats three meals a day. 

Jese Mom to Elaina (April 2007) & Macy (June 2010). #3 m/c at 10 weeks (July 2013), #4 m/c at 9 weeks (october 2013). Expecting again! Due October 22/2014.
#8 of 9 Old 04-05-2011, 08:14 PM

DS is 8 months and usually poops 1 per day, usually first thing in the morning.  We do BLW and DS eats a "meal" twice per day now (sometimes he eats lots, other times not much)  We do EC as well, so I don't know if that makes a difference (but do appreciate that those poops are in the potty!!).  Sometimes he poops twice per day, but usually once. Even when he was EBF he only went twice per day since about 4 months old.

jesepumpkin, beets?!  I'm impressed by your bravery.  I've been too nervous about the mess and stains to give them to DS yet!!  Oh, and your DD is adorable!

N, wife to my goofball K partners.gif and mamma to my EC grad D (July 2010) and my new little love S (May 2013).  Exploring the uncharted territory of tandem nursing with my two boys.

#9 of 9 Old 04-06-2011, 03:42 AM

DS usually poops once every 1-2 days. Prior to solids (4 months now) he'd poop several times a day.

hide.gif Me 41, single mom to modifiedartist.gifdd 4/2001 and demon.gif ds 7/17/2010

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page