baby sounds weezy - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 04-25-2011, 08:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi, I have a 3 week old baby boy and lately I have noticed in increased weezy noise. He was making it since birth and none of the doctors or nurses were alarmed by it. It seems like its coming from his chest, almost a congestion kind of sound. I can feel it in his back when im holding him. Im going to make an appointment to see his pediatrician but Im starting to worry about it. He seems uncomfortable and is crying a lot more than normal also. He is not fevered. Has anyone else experienced anything like this with their little one? Thanks.

#2 of 6 Old 04-25-2011, 10:05 PM

Yes! My son sounded wheezy and mucousy all the time after he was born. I was worried that he had allergies or was sick, but my ped told me it would go away by itself. It gradually got less and less- at 6-10 weeks I heard it all the time but by 12-16 weeks I would only hear it sometimes. Now he is 29 weeks and I haven't heard it in maybe two months. They never gave me a really good explanation of what it was, but it did go away by itself. My husband has very bad dust allergies and I thought maybe our son had the same, but the wheezing was not it, I guess.

#3 of 6 Old 04-25-2011, 10:25 PM

i had this in one of my twins and no one but me was worried, and just reading this i realized that he has not had it in a long time! he is almost 4 months, i really could not tell you when it stopped, some time after his 2 month well baby visit.

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#4 of 6 Old 04-26-2011, 12:36 AM

look up laryngomalacia

it was horrible the first few months, now at 7m it is barely noticeable, but definitely still there.

when he sleeps, you hear "huh huh huh. huh huh huh. huh huh huh..." as he is breathing

Coffee, Vintage and Kids.  My Life.
              reading.gif  jammin.gifdust.gif   1sttri.gif

cat.gifcat.gifcat.gif

#5 of 6 Old 04-26-2011, 02:21 AM

Yes, we had the same thing with our ds. He is 16 wks now & just noticed recently it's starting to clear out & haven't heard it much. I think it's due to all of the accumulated moisture from being in amniotic fluid for 9 months probably. As long as your LO is not experiencing distress while eating you're probably fine. If your baby shows distress you need to intervene. I have used the nose sucker a couple of times when I could see the accumulation in the back of his nose & it helped him out, but Breastfeeding is physically the best intervention for baby anyway. You can give a squirt of bm in lo's nose & that might help too. I think they just clear it out naturally if you keep them well hydrated with bm. smile.gif hugs
#6 of 6 Old 04-26-2011, 06:00 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks so much for your reply. I made an appointment with my pediatrician just to be sure but it is reassuring that other moms have experienced this too!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page