First PP period and fussy LO? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-20-2011, 04:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone!
I had the unfortunate but inevitable experience of getting my PP period back this morning, despite exclusively breastfeeding. Since last night (which is actually when I began spotting), my LO has been abnormally fussy. Could the two be related? Does the hormone change possible influence the flavor of my milk? Not even the Moby or Ergo is helping today.

Thanks for reading!
#2 of 4 Old 05-20-2011, 06:12 PM

Yep! Usually a slightly lower supply is the problem.  It will come back as your hormones shift through your cycle, but a dip in production right around your period is normal.  And, normally annoying, if you ask me.

"If you keep doing the same things you've always done, you'll keep getting the same results you've always gotten."

#3 of 4 Old 05-20-2011, 06:26 PM - Thread Starter

Great to know, thanks smile.gif
I pray this period is short. My poor babes is so upset and I just don't know what will help her!

Another strange thing happened, I woke up this morning with a clogged duct, as well (luckily not mastitis yet, which I've had the not so pleasure of experiencing 3 times so far), so I wonder if that is somehow related? I thought my duct issues resolved months ago.
#4 of 4 Old 05-20-2011, 06:34 PM

Ah, I guess we were meant for each other tonight.  I KEEP having issues with that kind of thing, and I think it might be that my hormones are just all over the map right now.  I keep hoping my body will settle into some kind of a pattern, but...yikes!  Seems like 4 babies in 5.5 years has taken its toll.  I am really sick of duct issues, though.  I mean, really!  Anyway, I think, maybe, things are settling down for me now.  Maybe.  Sigh.  Anyway...

The best I have to offer is to be sure you are...

taking a vitamin, and iron

drinking plenty of water

eating regularly

and sleep, the ever elusive sleep seems to be a big one for me.

Hope it settles out for you soon. 

"If you keep doing the same things you've always done, you'll keep getting the same results you've always gotten."

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page