California Baby Diaper Spray - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 05-25-2011, 10:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Has anyone's baby developed a rash after using California Baby No Burn & Calming Diaper Wash spray? 

I used the spray for about 5 days with no problem.  Then I used a Seventh Generation wipe for one diaper change and a pretty bad rash developed.  Now I am just using water and the rash hasn't really improved in three days.  Not sure if it was the combination of spray and wipe or what...?

#2 of 7 Old 05-25-2011, 12:51 PM

My son has extremely sensitive skin.  We just use homemade wipes and water.  If you are not comfortable with just water, try a tea tree oil and water, really diluted.  I wouldn't suggest using any oils on your babe while having a rash.  That is painful as are the disposable wipes. 

To clear the rash, try straight zinc oxide, can buy at a pharmacy. 

We used organic wipes in the beginning and one day I decided to wipe myself with it, decided not to use on our son ever again. 

Hope this helps.  I feel for your LO. 

'09   
#3 of 7 Old 05-25-2011, 05:49 PM

Two things though:

Dont use zinc oxide when you are using cloth diapers. The oily deposit is super hard to get out and it makes them less absorbent. Also, dont put tea tree oil on a babe while he has the rash, it burns!

We use handmade cloth wipes and a spray bottle of 1/2 water, 1/2 witch hazel with a few drops of tea tree oil in it. I never use creme for rashes, we always just use straight cornstarch or go diaperless.

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#4 of 7 Old 05-26-2011, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adaline'sMama View Post

Two things though:

Dont use zinc oxide when you are using cloth diapers. The oily deposit is super hard to get out and it makes them less absorbent. Also, dont put tea tree oil on a babe while he has the rash, it burns!

We use handmade cloth wipes and a spray bottle of 1/2 water, 1/2 witch hazel with a few drops of tea tree oil in it. I never use creme for rashes, we always just use straight cornstarch or go diaperless.

Agreed.  We use fuzzi bunz outers with pre folds inside and when we apply zinc, we place the prefold on the outside.  My son is almost always diaperless less days. 

'09   
#5 of 7 Old 05-26-2011, 04:41 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you SO much for your help! LO's bum is already looking better and I won't be using store purchased sprays in the future!
#6 of 7 Old 05-27-2011, 05:40 AM

Glad to hear your little one is on the mend!

'09   
#7 of 7 Old 05-29-2011, 04:11 PM

CB products are great, but some little bums just don't get along with them.

Zinc is usually fine with cotton cloth diapers, but you will never get it all out of man made fibers like the fleece in pocket diapers (which I learned from experience). The fish oil in things like Desitin is just bad for any cloth.

We use cloth wipes with water and a squirt of soap for two days worth of wipes.

Mama to Monkey (Jan '09), Bee (May '11), and Cat (August, '13)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page