second baby on the way! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-26-2011, 10:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So I just found out I’m pregnant and we couldn’t be any happier!  My first is 20 months now and will hopefully be about 28 months when the baby is born.  I find myself with more worries about life with two than I had thinking about life with one.  I would love some feedback on a few things:

1 – My son is currently sleeping with me and nursing through the night.  I didn’t plan to move him out of my bed at least until he stopped nursing.  Is it crazy to think me and my 2 babies can sleep in the same bed? 

2 – I didn’t start cloth diapering my son until he was 10 months and would like to start on day 1 with my second baby.  Do the one size covers and pockets really fit a newborn?

3 – I would like to read a new month by month or week by week pregnancy book, what is your favorite?

Thank youJ

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2011, 05:32 PM

I can sort of half chime in on #2 - we used BumGenius diapers from after the meconium had all passed until DS was 3 months old (daycare wouldn't do cloth - stupid state laws).  No problems with fit, other than it covering up his belly button but if I remember correctly his stump fell off before we switched from disposables to cloth.  But DS was 8 lbs 2 oz and very tall so if you had a smaller baby maybe they would be a little big?

Congrats and here's to a happy & healthy pregnanct.

Mumma to DS July 2010 and expecting another baby boy late July 2012 belly.gif

Old 05-26-2011, 07:06 PM

1- we moved DS1 to a twin mattress at the foot of our bed at the start of the night. However, he joins us in the middle of the night. It's DH, DS1, me and DS2 all in the same king bed. It works for us.

2- The one size bumgenius fit my newborn. However, I think we didn't start using them until he was 2, maybe 3 weeks old. His cord was still on though, and it wasn't a problem. DS was a big baby at birth though (8 lbs 11 oz). We also used yellow gmd prefolds and duo size 1 covers in the early days. I think I preferred those a bit to the bumgenius in those early days. They did fit though, just be sure you have enough. Newborns go through a ton more diapers than a 10 month old. They poop constantly ;)

3- I like the Dr. Sears Pregnancy Book.

Old 05-26-2011, 11:02 PM

My lo was 7# at birth and bg was too big. They still leak :she has skinny legs. We've used prefolds and thirsties covets from day 3. Bummies xs covers were perfect for the first month, super tiny.

I loved reading dr Sears PG book. I also enjoyed birthing from within.

Congrats!!!!

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

DD: 8/10

Old 05-26-2011, 11:53 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

#1- We still co-sleep with both dds.  DD1 was 26 months when DD2 was born.  We added a twin about a month ago to add more space, but was not a problem until DD1 started spinning in bed and kicking us..... I am also nursing both still.

#2- I started DD1 and DD2 at 3 months and they started out really big, so I can't help with sizing.

#3-Pregnancy week by week, but only for the development pictures.  

Congrats!

SAHM to Chloe«- 6/2008 (10 lbs, 5 oz), Hannah- 9/2010 (9 lbs, 12 oz), Liam- 2/2013 (9 lbs, 6 oz)

User Tag List