Nausea, headaches and slight dizziness. - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 05-29-2011, 08:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I EBF my 5 month old DD. Over the last couple of weeks I have have been getting nauseus along with headaches and dizzy spells throughout the day.

I have been losing weight recently, putting me at 123lbs(I'm 5'6), which is lighter than I have been in years. I'm definitely not trying to lose weight, I'm quite sure it is the combination of EBF my 17lb babe and taking care of her almost exclusively(DH has very demanding job). I'm almost always holding or wearing her because she is rarely content to just hang out on the floor or in her seats. I eat well; clean, whole foods, and drink lots of H20.

I'm not pregnant. I just had a period and took a (negative)pregnancy test 5 minutes ago.

Any ideas as to why I'm feeling this way?

Thank you!

#2 of 3 Old 05-29-2011, 09:32 AM

I've experienced those symptoms as well since DD was born 8 months ago. 3 things come to mind : dehydration, exhaustion and anemia. In my case it was always the first two.  My body just needs a ton more water than usual, especially during a growth spurt. Have you been getting enough sleep? I know its so hard but if you can get your dh to watch the baby for even 2-3 hours, i think it will make a world of difference (i know it certaintly did for me!) I felt like a new person with a much more positive outlook on life! lol! Also make sure to take your vitamins and be sure to get some good fats in you. I'd suggest smaller meals/snacks, easier said than done, I know! but quick stuff like a tortilla wrap with hummus, cheese and avacado is quick and tasty. If you're already doing all this and still have these symptoms maybe you should pop into your doc to do a quick test to check for anemia. In the meantime I would definitely up your water intake.

I hope you start feeling better soon!

Stephanienut.gif, RT, Mama to Jenergy.gif (4/06), Nfencing.gif (9/10), and someone new stork-girl.gif (2/14), partner to Vdrum.gif and Learning to take it one day at a timepraying.gif 
#3 of 3 Old 05-29-2011, 10:35 AM - Thread Starter

I am definitely not getting enough sleep. DD goes to sleep at 7pm and I follow at 9pm. She usually wakes up to nurse around 10pm and then is awake every 1-2 hours all night long until she wakes at 5am. She sleeps with me which makes it easier because I just close my eyes while she nurses. I should probably start taking naps with her.

Thanks for the great tips, I will definitely try and get DH to give me a break when he is actually around, and will up my H20 and 'good' food intake.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page