Walking? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 05-29-2011, 08:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So I am not one of those moms that is worried about when their kids do this or that but for some reason this is bothering me a little.  Just a little. :)

My son is about to turn one and he shows no interest in walking.  Period.  He won't even pull up to his feet.  He only army crawls.  I guess I'm starting to let other peoples comments get to me.  

I have 2 daughters and they were walking by now.  And I know every kid is different.  But whenever I am around other moms with babies his age and younger, I start to get a little......I don't wanna say concerned, but there is something there.

Can someone reassure me that this is normal?  Anyone have late walkers/crawlers?

Angela married to the love of my life Mommy to Summer Hailey and Evan
#2 of 3 Old 05-29-2011, 09:01 AM

I can't comment on my child because she is only 5 months, but my sisters little guy is 13 months and just started pulling himself up. He, too, was and is an army crawler. He moves so fast, it is just hilarious to watch him go. I think that my nephew really doesn't need to walk right now, he is able to move around so efficiently with that amazing crawl! I'm sure your son will be walking in no time!

#3 of 3 Old 05-29-2011, 09:03 AM
tzs

mine started at around 14 months and it was well within the range of normal. to me, kids walking at a year are "early" walkers not the other way around. 

she wasn't showing any signs of wanting to either. she would pull up but it's not liek she was cruising around and she wasn't one of those kids that wanted you to hold their hands and help them walk. she just one day took a couple steps...the next day it was 4 or 5....and that night she started and never stopped. i think some kids practice and others just wait and do.

for what it's worth she's pretty advanced in large motor since then. you should see her on stairs....started alternating feet at 17 or 18 months or so...very early.

Reluctant 'Sconie, chassid and mama to sweet toughie Ada Bluma 9/9/09 and loving pittie-mix ("Judge the deed, not the breed!")

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page