Good sleeper?!? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 06-07-2011, 04:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey everyone, my LO is 4 weeks old and already "sleeping through the night." She'll go 8 hours without nursing and sleep about 10 hours at night, with lots of long naps during the day, which I guess is normal for only a 4 week old, but I'm wondering if anyone elses baby slept through the night and then regressed (not due to teething, discomfort, etc) and stopped sleeping through the night later on? I feel just completely shocked, as DS didn't sleep through the night until I weaned him at 20 months. It's just a complete 180 from my last experience with a newborn. There's only been 2 or 3 days so far where I haven't gotten at least 7 hours of sleep. Is that crazy!?

DH(9/04) DS(12/08) and DD(5/11)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 06-08-2011, 10:11 AM

wow, i'm envious.  i say don't question it, just enjoy it. smile.gif

mother is a verb
I GOT MY vbac.gif!!!

#3 of 8 Old 06-08-2011, 01:01 PM

my baby girl slept 9ish hours at night, nursed, and went back down for 3 more hours starting at about a week old and until 3months old.. we had a major regression at 4-5 months and now at 6 months she can do 3-4 hr stretches at a time, nurse, and back to sleep. i'm just counting my blessings, my son nursed every 45-90 mins all night long until he was weaned at a year and a half!

mama to a beautiful baby boy born dec '08 and a sweet new baby girl born nov '10

#4 of 8 Old 06-08-2011, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsipan View Post

my baby girl slept 9ish hours at night, nursed, and went back down for 3 more hours starting at about a week old and until 3months old.. we had a major regression at 4-5 months and now at 6 months she can do 3-4 hr stretches at a time, nurse, and back to sleep. i'm just counting my blessings, my son nursed every 45-90 mins all night long until he was weaned at a year and a half!

Both my babies have been very fond of their sleep.  For the first couple of weeks they'd sleep 4 hours, feed for 15-30 mins, then back to sleep for another 4.  From about 6 weeks on ds has slept about 10-11 hours at night.  DD ate quickly in the middle of the night for much longer but I cosleep so it never woke me up.

#5 of 8 Old 06-08-2011, 03:03 PM

DS slept 6 or 7 hours until recently.  He's going through thr 4mo sleep regression, I guess, and is up all.night.long!  Hope it passes soon.  I was feeling pretty lucky too for a while.

Jamie, DW to Jeff, birth and postpartum doula and Hypnobabies instructor.
4 years and 5 IVF cycles in the making, Elliott was born at home in water on 2/2/11.
#6 of 8 Old 06-08-2011, 04:44 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

at 8 weeks both girls were sleeping 11 hours a night. they are now 18 weeks and sleeping 12 hours solid, still.

Me and my wonderful husband serve God. Blessed with twin girls 2/11/11. <3

#7 of 8 Old 06-09-2011, 09:10 AM
Banned

Ds slept great at first and is now NOT but it's likely hunger/teething/developmental interruptions... Enjoy it!
#8 of 8 Old 06-09-2011, 01:04 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I am also very lucky in that DS has always been a wonderful night sleeper since day 1. As a newborn he did nurse at night, but we cosleep and neither of us really woke up for that. He is now 12 months and still STTN most nights. He has had a few minor sleep regressions, but they usually only lasted one week or so and then back to STTN.

And I agree: do not question it, just enjoy and do not assume it will last, it may not. But then again it may....just take it one day at a time and be grateful you are not sleep deprived!

Mama since 2010
Multicultural living in Europe

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page